Start by marking “Breakup Boot Camp” as Want to Read:
Breakup Boot Camp

Breakup Boot Camp

After weeks of training to whip Joanna Kitt into shape for her big day, her picture-perfect engagement to her high school sweetheart is torn in two, and Joanna is left out on her perfectly toned rear end. To put the past and her heartache behind her, she sets off for two weeks at the renowned Retreat House Breakup Boot Camp in Topsail Island off the coast of North ...more
Published November 19th 2019 by Firefly Hill Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Breakup Boot Camp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakup Boot Camp

Start your review of Breakup Boot Camp
Lisa Mandina
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the other books I read by this author, the Campfire series which started with One S'more Summer, so I was very excited to read this one. It was a pretty good story overall. I liked a lot of the things that she learned to do to help out with her feelings at the Breakup Boot Camp. There were definitely some things that can be applied to real life for any time you're feeling down. I also loved having a connection back to the characters from the earlier series that I love, that was ...more
Laurie
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"Breakup Boot Camp" by Beth Merlin was a wonderful story featuring a fantastic main character, Joanna Kitt. I loved Joanna and the way she threw herself into life after her breakup with her high school sweetheart, Sam. She really took advantage of the opportunity to examine what went wrong and own up to her mistakes, and I especially admired her ability to acknowledge the part she played in the breakdown of the relationship. Joanna was so much stronger and more independent than she gave herself ...more
Kristy Mauna
Breakup Boot Camp was a fun, empowering read! My favorite part of this story was our main character, Joanna, because she felt relatable in many ways and I really loved seeing her development throughout the book. This is a story about losing your way only to find the path you were always meant to be on. <3
Ariel
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Beth Merlin!! She’s becoming one of my all-time favorite authors! Loved the references to her other series. Beth’s writing style is so natural and pulls you in so easily.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 cranky stars

This book was like a breath of fresh air. It was a different concept, after her breakup from a long relationship with Sam, Jo was persuaded to go to a breakup boot camp which was an idyllic place on the beach facing the ocean. It was a place to learn to love yourself and become the person deep inside. There were yoga classes and surfing lessons along with spa treatments including one I have never heard of but I won't forget it!!!!

Although a predictable ending it was well written
Firefly Hill Press
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We are so so proud of Beth Merlin and this title. It is the first that Merlin writes outside the world of The Campfire Series, but man, she writes like a seasoned pro who navigates the tough waters of intriguing plot and authentic emotion. Her writing strengthens with every book she crafts and this book offers awesome little Easter eggs that fans of the Campfire Series will just LOVE.

My favorite aspect of Beth's stories is that she focuses on the women, not the relationships that society claims
Jo
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is, in my view, one of those books where the cover simply doesn't reflect the content at all. For my money, it undersells the story.

And the story itself? Well, superficially at least, it's a reasonably light tale of a bride-to-be finding herself again after heartbreak. But there are layers to this book - particularly around Jo's family and her history. I'm not going to lie, there were parts of this book that I found deeply emotional.

Overall, a well balanced story that didn't rush to its
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, well written story! I loved all of the healing antics at the boot camp - super clever, while also being really metaphorically significant. It was a lighthearted read, while still being smart and inspiring. I think everyone who reads it will find it relatable. Well done, Beth. I can't wait to read whatever you publish next!
Anie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting and inspiring!

Joanna Kitt is engaged to be married to a guy she loved since high school. The story starts with her very early training for the big day. But when she finds out that he cheated on her, her life falls apart. The lady at the wedding shop recommends Breakup Boot Camp. She throws herself into the program. But there is more to the story than just heartbreak. Joanna was not OK even before that happened and now is her chance to start to live again.

The story is very
Tina
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
What an interesting story of self discovery. When we meet Joanna, she is happily engaged to the only man she's ever been in a relationship with and is working on her perfect wedding. High school sweethearts, how romantic. Until it's not.
As Joanna's life starts to implode she is left distraught and grieving the relationship she thought she had. Through an interesting recommendation, Joanna decides to give Breakup Boot Camp a try.
I have to say, one of my favorite characters of this whole story
Diane Zamansky
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like a fine wine that ages over time, author Beth Merlin’s writing in her latest release, Breakup Boot Camp, is her best novel to date, placing her as a serious writer whose work is worth our time and attention. With humor and depth of insight, Break Up Boot Camp, like Merlin’s previous Campfire Series, is a MUST read. Joanna, the title character, is a woman whose journey is both plausible and interesting as are all the people we meet in this fun story!!!
Rebecca Veight
Nov 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The idea of a boot camp for breakups is actually quite interesting. I'm sure the thought of where were those when I needed them in the past (we've all had painful breakups) passed your mind. Also, does something like that actually exist?

I love how creative the boot camp is and in some ways not what you expected. Fun, charming and surprisingly insightful, there are many instances when you will think "I've felt that way too"

Sometimes the descriptions may seem as thought they are details being
Mash
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star book from Beth Merlin. If you are looking for an entertaining read during the holidays that will tug at your emotions a little bit, look no further than Breakup Boot Camp. Go get your copy today!!!!!!
Casey
Mar 12, 2019
Lex W
Mar 21, 2019
Beth Merlin
Apr 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Antonia
Rhian Jones
Nov 08, 2019

• It's Not PMS, It's You
  • Christmas Cliche
  • Disarm (The Dumonts, #2)
  • Christmas Shopaholic
  • Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • The imPerfect Guy
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Yours Since Yesterday (Lost Harbor, Alaska Book 2)
  • Night of the Scoundrel (The Devils of Dover, #3.5)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)
  • The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
  • Passion Punch (Key West Escape, #3)
  • Breaking the Fall (Breaking Series, #5)
  • Supernova (Light Years #2)
  • The Bookworm Crush
  • More Than Pleasure You (More Than Words, #5.5)
  • Two Thousand Lines
  • Out of Control (Polyamorous Passions, #6)
Beth is a native New Yorker who loves rom-coms, Broadway, and a good maxi dress. She was introduced to her husband through a friend she met at sleepaway camp and considers the eight summers she spent there to be the most formative of her life. One S’more Summer is Beth's debut novel.