Start by marking “A Thousand Doors: An Anthology of Many Lives” as Want to Read:
A Thousand Doors: An Anthology of Many Lives

A Thousand Doors: An Anthology of Many Lives

The day Mia Jensen died, she finally got to live.

We’ve all played the “what if” game. For forty-year-old Mia Jensen, “what if” is a fact of life. Dissatisfied with her choices, she often dreams about what could have been. Now she has the chance to know. But that knowledge will cost her dearly. Only through death can she fully realize the value of her life.

After a terrible
Published November 5th 2018 by Two Tales Press

To ask other readers questions about A Thousand Doors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Thousand Doors

Start your review of A Thousand Doors: An Anthology of Many Lives
Chelsea Humphrey
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chelsea by: Leigh Kramer
I'm not one to pick up short stories or anthologies on a regular basis, and I'm typically very critical of them, but this was something special folks. Gather round, friends, and let me tell you about this gem of a "novel". J.T. Ellison, the queen of suspense, has recruited the most desirable female authors in the psychological thriller genre today and brought them together to take their many talents and create one cohesive story. I know, trust me, it sounds so difficult, but they nailed it.

I do
Erin Clemence
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, kindle
Special thanks to JT Ellison, for an ARC of this novel.

Mia Jensen is unhappy and dissatisfied with her life as a whole. One day, when she investigates a strange noise in her house, she is stabbed and left for dead. As she dies, she is able to experience several other “could be” lives. Lives she could have had if she had made different, better, choices. When faced with these “what ifs”, can Mia go back to the life she knows?

“A Thousand Doors” tells the story of one woman, using the voices o
Mandy White
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
A Thousand Doors by JT Ellison and a star studded cast of thousands is a very unique book. Written by some of todays best thriller writers all about the same character. Most of the stories I loved and wanted more! Some of the stories were too short for my liking but worked in this premise.

Mia Jensen gets to experience all the lives that could have been for her - but only in her death. After a shockingly bad day she is attacked in her own home and left for dead. We have all played the "what if" g
Kerry
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A thrilling anthology that isn’t really an anthology, but a story of one woman’s many lives, written by a unique group of award winning and bestselling thriller, suspense, and women’s fiction authors. I thoroughly enjoyed reading each of Mia Jensen’s lives. They’re exciting, thought provoking, fun, emotional, suspenseful, and adventurous. Praise for J.T. Ellison for spearheading this project.
Amy
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
In general I’m not a huge fan of anthologies but when I saw that J. T. Ellison had managed to snag some of my favorite female thriller authors to make this book I had to give it a shot. Besides an amazing group of writers, the premise is also fantastic, I loved the idea of seeing the various paths one woman’s live could’ve taken and it wound up being pretty damn cool.

Each author has a chapter with one of Mia’s lives and while I enjoyed all of them, The Homeless Woman by Kerry Lonsdale left the b
Julie (JuJu)
Short summary
Unique and thrilling short stories that come together with the same main character. J.T. Ellison is Awesome!

My thoughts
This book of short stories is unlike any other collection of short stories I’ve read. The way all the stories are linked by the main character makes it a unique and very interesting read. And it’s a great way to read some really great thriller authors! Some of the stories were so good, I wasn’t ready for them to end.

Published November 5th 2018 by Two Tales Press, 40
Judy D Collins
I loved A THOUSAND DOORS: An Anthology of Many Lives by JT Ellison and this talented cast of superb authors! The collection takes us through the many lives of Mia. The has done, and what ifs. Mia found herself in some crazy situations. I loved each and every one.

How many of us have wondered, "the what ifs" in our lives? Courses our lives would or could have taken. Choices we have made. The many job offers in another state, our past relationships, jobs, the people crossing our paths. The regre
Dana-Adriana B.
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never read an anthology, being pleasantly surprised by this book.
It's about Mia Jensen and the millions of possibilities of her life if she had made different choices when the road of life reaches the crossroads.
Every story is extraordinary, making you come into the lamb's skin, living her intense emotions.
Elizabeth
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, anthology
I knew going in that this book was an anthology of sorts, but I did not expect to feel like it was a "Choose Your Own Adventure" type of anthology! I was impressed. I found myself unable to decide which story would be the best for Mia. Some stories were pretty tame, others were wildly imaginative! I loved the concept and the execution!

My thanks to NetGalley and Two Tales Press for the opportunity to read and provide an honest review of this book.
Michelle
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Review can be found on my blog here: https://booksonthebookshelf.wordpress...

This book was so uniquely written and I loved the idea of just how different it was! I was not sure how the book would all come together given the fact that several different authors contributed parts to the story to make the book as a whole, but I was interested in the uniqueness of it and was thrilled to have received a copy.

This book did not let me down! It was a cleverly written book and all the contributions from t
Katie
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Thousand Doors was born out of J.T. Ellison’s brainstorm of a dissatisfied dying woman who gets to live her “what if” lives as she dies. I love a good “choose your own adventure” book and this anthology seemed to be headed in the direction. What if 40 year old Mia had made different choices? Become a mother? A News Anchor? A Professor?

In order to make Mia’s alternate lives as unique as possible, J.T. recruited well-known talented artists to each write a chapter and give Mia a different life.
Shar
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so eager to read this book – I absolutely LOVED the premise that there are so many paths in life that you could take – and Mia’s chosen path had in effect ended her life – however, I don’t think I have ever actually been so disappointed by a book!

The reviews are so amazing – my expectations were exceptionally high……. It turns out they were definitely too high!

There is no cohesion in this book – the lives are far too random – it’s a series of short stories about women named Mia! Each vign
Rebecca
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Mia was murdered at age 40, but what if she had made a very different choice when she was a young woman? How would her life have been different? Would it have been better or worse? Find out in this wonderful collaboration between 16 amazing authors, many of whom I've already read and a few more I now need to read. I don't usually enjoy short stories, but I found this anthology unique and satisfying. A few of the stories brought tears to my eyes, and I am left wanting a full book about my favorit ...more
Ashley Houser
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Expected Publication: November 5th!

Wow. Wow. Wow!

What a collection of short stories by an absolute powerhouse of authors:

*J.T. Ellison (Review for Tear Me Apart here: https://homesweethouser.com/2018/08/1...)
*Kimberly Belle (Review for Three Days Missing here: https://homesweethouser.com/2018/07/0...)
*Laura Benedict
*Alisha Klapheke
*Ariel Lawhon
*Kerry Lonsdale
*Catherine McKenzie (Review for The Good Lia
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
As Mia bleeds out on her kitchen floor, the victim of a knife attack, she contemplates her life and the roads not taken that would have led to different outcomes.

If if in the unfortunate position of dying and considering other choices I might have made that would have given me different lives, those other versions would be ideal. JT Ellison and the talented writes she gathered to write A THOUSAND DOORS have Mia experiencing different, imperfect realities. Though most are mystery/thriller writers
Jen
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
A Thousand doors gives you a look in the many lives she could have led if she made different choices throughout her life.

Mia Jensen is at a pivotal point. Her soon to be ex is an ass, she comes home from a crap day to decompress, and before she knows what happened- she's laying in a pool of her own blood, left to die. What follows is an anthology of sorts into the many lives she could've led. Are any of those better than the life she might leave? Though she's dying, would she change a thing? Wh
Melissa In The City
So unique and unlike anything I have ever read. While I was reading it, I was thinking “Sliding doors”. At then end in the authors note he wrote that that was a way he pitched it.
The beginning was heart wrenching and had me so drawn into it. But the real surprise was the stories that followed. The “lives” of Mia. The doors that she could have opened. Each door, written by a different author, was so beautifully and poignantly written. I really FELT every word, every life, every emotion. Some of
Linda Zagon
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J.T.Ellison , Author and Editor of "A Thousand Doors": An Anthology of Many Lives: has include a fantastic line-up of authors to write their short story of Mia. Just one decision and change of luck opens the door to a vast choice of alternatives for the character.I loved the different stories which each had the distinct flavor of each author. I would recommend this Anthology to readers who enjoy a unique, intriguing, intense concept of different choices and stories.
Tracy (The Pages In-Between)
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you J.T. Ellison for gifting me a copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. All opinions are my own.

I rate this book a 4.5 out of 5 Stars.

Finally an anthology that I LOVED! Every single author nailed their short story. There was not one that I did not enjoy. This is seriously the dream team of Authors, and my mind was blown with the creative geniuses! It's like someone whispered in J.T.'s ear "Build It, And They Will Come" (or for us readers, Write It, And They Will Read) Bow dow
Debi Lantzer
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
If you're ever in the mood for a suspense/thriller, you can bet reaching for a book by author, J.T. Ellison, it will satisfy the need. When I saw A Thousand Doors by J.T. Ellison available for review on NetGalley through my book blogging relationship, I requested it and was "thrilled" when I was approved...... and then, I opened the book and saw that there were contributions by so many of my other favorite authors, I was super excited! In case J.T. Ellison wasn't enough, take a look at the other ...more
Linda Zagon
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an ingenious idea! I was amazed that there were 16 different contributors....each with a totally different story....yet it flowed as if written by 1 author
Well done!

Would love to see another book like this!
Jill Anderson
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Wow! Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with this fabulous, unusual book! We have all wondered about the "what if" possibilities in our life, where one little decision could have totally done a 180 on your life.
Each of the authors did a wonderful job of taking a "what if" of Mia's life and giving us a glimpse into all the possibilities for her. So many of them on their own would make great stand-alone books!
Stephanie
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great concept for this book! Authors don't need to go crazy over this unique approach, but for this one plot ... for this one character ... with these authors ... it works. Some of the stories left me speechless, curious, sad, wanting more. Great job to JT for making this book happen.
January Gray
Not my cup of tea. It started out great, then got boring. I understand the concept and thought it was unique, it just wasn't for me.
Candice
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think it’s fair to say that I am OBSESSED with this story and the way it was written. I love J.T. Ellison’s work already but this idea of starting a story and asking some of the best female authors around to add pieces to it is Genius! Each snip-it of Mia’s life was captivating and a pleasure to read. I was so invested in this story, I couldn’t out it down.

Although this is considered an anthology, it is unlike any I’ve ever read before. I am not a fan of short story anthologies usually because
Jaymi The OC Book Girl
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Genre: short story, fiction, anthology
Published: November 5, 2018
Pages: 404
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Let me start by saying THANK YOU to author Kaira Rouda for sending me an e-ARC of this attention-grabbing, incredibly exciting anthology. Kaira Rouda who wrote Best Day Ever is one of the authors featured in this anthology.

I first heard of this super secret project from rockstar author J. T. Ellison and couldn't wait to get my grabby hands on it!

The story begins with "the day Mia Jensen died" as introduced
Donna Hines
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
The What if's are going around for Mia is upset with life's choices to this point and needs a change.
Only in death can you see the light that's escaped her precious soul.
Life is a series of twists and turns, ups and downs, in which those hardships propel us forward in achieving our wildest dreams.
This is an analogy with many authors that I love including JT Ellison so it's hard for me to give a mediocre review.
Perhaps I was having a lousy day as I'm extremely busy raising 3 teens solo below pov
Marj Ward
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Amazing anthology. I admit I have not read many. The beginning has you believing that Mia is murdered by her husband. Many authors (most of whom were new to me) contribute to the story. A most incredible ending written by J.T. Ellison. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I highly recommend it. Thanks to NetGalley, Independent Book Publishers Assoc. and the Authors for allowing me to read and review this book.
Christine Moore
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The day Mia Jensen died, she finally got to live. Mia has a terrible day so she goes home to have some wine and try and relax with a hot bath. She is brutally attacked and left for dead. As she lies there dying, she sees her life as different choices. I loved this book as it was different from anything I have read before. I wanted to read this book since so many authors I love contributed. This book did not disappoint! I received an advanced readers copy from NetGalley and Two Tales Press. All o ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Readers Coffeehou...: Anthology featuring Kimberly Belle 5 17 Oct 30, 2018 07:21AM

• Saving Meghan
  • Between the Lies
  • The Half Sister
  • I Know You're There
  • Clover Blue
J.T. Ellison began her career as a presidential appointee in the White House, where a nuclear physicist taught her how to obsess over travel itineraries and make a seriously good pot of Earl Grey, spawning both her love of loose leaf and a desire for control of her own destiny. Jaded by the political climate in D.C., she made her way back to her first love, creative writing. More than 20 novels la ...more