Start by marking “Storms Over Babylon” as Want to Read:
Storms Over Babylon

Storms Over Babylon

(The Time for Alexander #4)

From the scorching plains of Persia to the opulent city of Babylon, Ashley and Alexander continue their sensuous and passionate journey through history.

Alexander the Great is now king of Persia and Greece - but his reign will be short.

Time-travelling Ashley knows when her husband will die. She's determined to cheat Fate and save Alexander and her children, even if it bring
Published June 14th 2018 by Accent Press Ltd (first published October 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Storms Over Babylon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Storms Over Babylon

Start your review of Storms Over Babylon
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is the fourth book in the Time for Alexander Series continuing the story of the time-traveling journalist Ashley, who traveled back almost 3000 years to interview Alexander the Great. She ended up staying with him for over 10 years, becoming one of his wives and giving birth to two children. She has travelled with him and his army as he conquered nations, founded new cities and set them up in the Greek democratic way. The wars are now over, and they are heading back to Babylon, The trip bac ...more
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another amazing installment in the Time For Alexander Series, full of adventure, drama, and exotic ancient settings.
One would get more out of Storms over Babylon if they had read the earlier books in the series, but this story is understandable without them. The complicated romantic relationships might be a little hard to understand though, if this is the first book in the series read.

Ashley, the time traveler who has gone back thousands of years and has married Alexander the Great, and
Chitra Iyer
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Storms over Babylon by Jennifer Macaire is the fourth book in the Time for Alexander series. The story continues from where it was left off previously and gives us a detailed view of the conqueror’s life, through Ashley’s point of view.

Summary

Alexander and his army are moving towards Babylon. On arrival, he is greeted with pomp and show. But Ashley cannot be at peace as she has only one year with Alexander left before he dies. What transpires is a string of desperate acts to save the people Ashl
Stephanie
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How can a book be so funny, sad, interesting, and historical? I think this is my favorite so far in the series (I say that every time). In this book, Alexander has reached Babylon and is now king of Greece, Macedonia, and Perisa. But life as an absolute ruler is not what it's cracked up to be. Alexander as uited East and West - but holding them together isn't easy. Too many different people, customs, and faction. Told from his time-traveling wife's point of view, Ashley of the Sacred Sandals, wh ...more
Jena Henry
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alexander and his army have left India and have headed west to Persia. The fighting is over. The whole City of Babylon turns out to greet Alexander, conquering hero and kind of the world. And Alexander’s wife is also recognized. “My Lady Persephone, Queen of Hades, Ashley of the Sacred Sandals, Demeter’s Daughter, welcome to Babylon.”

And next Spring, Alexander will die.

Book 4 in this mesmerizing series continues the story of the time-traveling journalist Ashley, who has now spent almost 10 year
Jessica Belmont
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Time for Alexander series has a special place in my heart, because The Road to Alexander was one of my first historical fiction reads. I’ve been loving this series right along and was so excited to pick up Storms Over Babylon.

Love it!!! Jennifer Macaire does not disappoint and delivers another exciting adventure with Ashley and Alexander. I love the mixture of Ashley’s modern views versus the culture of the time. It makes these characters loveable and relatable.

What makes this series beautif
L.S.
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in the Time for Alexander series, and if you still haven't read any, then you have some serious catching up to do. I'm not kidding, this series gets better with each new book.

I knew that this book dealt with Alexander's death, and while I so wanted to read the story, I didn't want to say goodbye to him yet.

But, back to the story, Alexander and Ashley head back to Babylon, The journey is torturous, the heat of the desert kills many, but so do the raging floods that hamper
Jena Henry
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

And next Spring, Alexander will die.

Proud Book Reviews
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I swear I become more and more obsessed with this series with every book I read. Please hurry up and let me read the next three!

I chose to stay up on my flight to Brisbane to read this one instead of sleeping. To put this into context, I normally go to bed about 9pm and my flight took off at 9.30pm. To say I was dead tired when we arrived in Brisbane a couple of hours later is an understatement.

But I did smash out like 90% of the book in that couple of hours on the plane. And man was it good! I
Caroline Venables
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really pleased to read the next installment in the The Time for Alexander series. You can read this as a standalone but I advise you to read, The Road to Alexander Legends of Persia Son of the Moon the first three books in the series first.

As with the other books in the series, it is well written and you can tell that the author has done a lot of research into the period.

In this book Ashley knows that time is running out for her and Alexander’s time together. She knows the exact date of hi
Tom Williams
Bernice Huelin
Oct 17, 2018
Kristi
Jul 02, 2018

• And Now For Something Completely Different (The Chronicles of St Mary’s, #9.7)
  • Hope for the Best (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #10)
  • The Steam Pump Jump (The Chronicles of St Mary’s, #9.6)
  • When Did You Last See Your Father? (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #10.5)
  • The Body in Belair Park
  • I Will Follow Him (Oceanic Dreams #5)
  • Doing Time (The Time Police #1)
  • An Argumentation of Historians (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #9)
  • The Something Girl (Frogmorton Farm, #2)
  • Victory for the East End Angels
  • The Dog-walking Club
  • How NOT To Write Female Characters
  • Why Is Nothing Ever Simple? (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #10.6)
  • Chloe - Lost Girl (Carl Sant Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • Three: Deception Love Murder (A Path of Deception and Betrayal, #1)
  • Henry's Tale
  • Sunshine Over Bluebell Castle (Bluebell Castle #2)
  • Chloe - Never Forget (Carl Sant Murder Mysteries, #2)
Jennifer Macaire lives in France with her husband, three children, & various dogs & horses. She loves cooking, eating French chocolate, growing herbs and flowering plants on her balcony, and playing golf. She grew up in upstate New York, Samoa, and the Virgin Islands. She graduated from St. Peter and Paul high school in St. Thomas and moved to NYC where she modeled for five years for Elite. She we ...more

The Time for Alexander (7 books)
  • The Road to Alexander (The Time for Alexander #1)
  • Legends of Persia (The Time for Alexander #2)
  • Son of the Moon (The Time for Alexander #3)
  • Chants to Persephone (The Time for Alexander #5)
  • The Soul of Time (The Time for Alexander #6)
  • The Eternal Banquet (The Time for Alexander #7)