Start by marking “Salvage Rat” as Want to Read:
Salvage Rat

Salvage Rat

Star Force pilot and hero Wyatt McCoy left his medals and career behind after the Rim Wars, disillusioned and bitter when he learns the truths behind the conflict. He takes his converted gunship, the Nellie B, and heads to the Near Fringe, salvaging derelict ships and abandoned stations and mining colonies. Dr. Beth Parker is a space archeologist, documenting the history o ...more
Published September 19th 2018 by Worldbuilders Press

To ask other readers questions about Salvage Rat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salvage Rat

Keith
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-copies
This was a space western par extraordinaire. Definite action hooking you in from the first paragraph. My only negative thread throughout the book was the occasional jumps in both character and plot development where you had to make sure it wasn't the late evenings you stayed up reading it to make sure you didn't miss something as the author progressed. This being a (so far) stand-alone work, it was vaguely sad to miss out on the final resolution of the plot line.
Which, by the way, was rich and i
Sophia
An ex-military space pilot who just wants to be left in peace is content with his existence with his ship, Nellie B, and salvaging from derelict ships, space stations, and abandoned places across the galaxy, but then one heroic gesture to help a lady archeologist in distress lands him on a bigger adventure than he bargained for. I had a jolly good time with this swashbuckling sci-fi adventure through space that that had me thinking western frontier meets Indiana Jones.

The book is a series of con
Leslie
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free and an ARC reader for voluntary review.

Synopsis
Wyatt us a war hero who just want to be left alone to salvage ships on the edge of space in peace. Beth fought her way of off a hard-scrabble farming planet to become a space archeologist and took a corporate sponsor hoping for the stability and notoriety such a public backer could supply. When she found proof that Kolak Enterprises was killing their workers, had caused the Rim War for profit, and was bombing worlds to mai
Jessica Rachow
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really cool scifi, following Wyatt and Beth as they adventure through salvage work and gathering evidence, while attempting to stay ahead of a evil rich corporation on their tail.

Some of the technology in Salvage Rat is really awesome. Beth has an alien implant that allows her to see death scenes. Anndof course she sees the corporation killing off people. Plus killer-bots, zombies, space pirates, and super storms, this book has all the scifi goodness I was hoping for. For those of yo
Space Cowgirl
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Space Chase🚀

Sci-fi 🔫Shoot Em- Up Thriller
Wyatt is a former Space Force pilot who is using his retired gun ship to find valuable salvage on The fringes of the galaxy. He mostly looks for rare metals in old electronics in long abandoned space stations, derelict ships, and abandoned mining colonies.
He is busy looking through the offices of an abandoned mining colony when he realizes he is not alone, because someone is shooting. There are some men shooting at a lone woman!
Beth is a space archeolog
The Mysterious Reader
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Firefly and the good ship Serenity, and I’m going to be inclined to like anything that even remotely reminds me of it. Larry N. Martin’s Salvage Rat, while having a totally distinct voice and plot, etc., easily passes that test and is more than merely liked. Wyatt McCoy and his Nellie B. Are in for a real adventure once they take on Beth Parker (see the publisher’s blurb for details), and we readers get a fun and exciting ride as a result. But for the fact that I’m literally d ...more
Cheryl
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Meet Wyatt and Beth and enter their world of challenges. Wyatt McCoy is a salvage rat. During a run of salvaging he meet Dr. Beth Parker. When he meets her all hell has broken loose and she is running from gray suits. As you read this story you will learn about Kalok and Stellar Fed and more. You have lots of mystery, action , humor but no romance yet. I did find Mack very interesting and would like to see more bits of humor because stories need it to tone down some of the heavy stuff ...more
Chrissi
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic space adventure. The characters are developed well and the world building is great. The storyline moves along consistently, with action pulling you in from the beginning and holding you until the last action filled page. I only hope this isn't a one off, as I am so looking forward to seeing what happens with the 'bad guys' lol.
Les
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
none stop

Great action from page one,the auther crams an amazing amount into the book,the main characters could do with a bit more development but there is sufficient to understand their motivation,the book is complete in itself but there is plenty scope for numerous sequels,hopefully the author will take the story further.
Dawn
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Salvage Rat" is a fast-paced and energetic read. There's a lot going on in this story, but not so much that it gets confusing. I particularly enjoyed the relationships between various characters. The book is quite short, so some people may find the characters and relationships aren't given enough wordage, but it worked for me.
Darrell Grizzle
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A space Western filled with fast-paced action and intrigue, with smartly written dialogue and characters. Highly recommended for fans of mystery as well as science fiction!
Jim Garrison
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Schwash Buckle

A great romp! Good guys fight the corrupt establishment with occult alien technology and brass balls. Enjoyed this book till the very last page.
David
Nov 10, 2018
Patti Holland
Jan 11, 2019
James Mckenzie
rated it did not like it
Sep 25, 2018
Chong Go
Oct 01, 2018
Sharon Moore
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love sci-fi, mystery, or just a great book that will keep you saying "one more chapter" long after your bedtime this is it! Between the great characters and excellent pace it hooks the reader then takes them on a thrilling ride.
Lynn Stark