Start by marking “Fraud” as Want to Read:

Fraud

Until death do us part. That was what I promised him and I meant every word.
Mark wasn’t perfect but perfection doesn’t exist. They say an omission is not a lie but when my husband’s secrets spin out of control, I don’t know where to turn.

Then he arrives . . . my best friend’s cousin, Hayes. He’s young and beautiful, and broken -- just like me. As a former sailor with the
Published December 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fraud, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fraud

Start your review of Fraud
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Oh my gosh, this book had everything I wanted and expected out of it.

The title alone caught my attention and when I read the synopsis, I said to myself "I'm in" and R.C. Stephens did NOT disappoint!

Natalie has always wanted a family and she got that when she met Mark and married him. She soon had a daughter but from that point on, her marriage kind of changed, her husband changed and she had no idea why. But she was determined to make her marriage work and she was determined to win her husband's
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
While reading this book I asked myself if I could have or would I have stayed in a marriage for the sake of my children when I felt like there was no hope? Could I have kept trying to work at it despite all the secrets and suspicions?

Natalie's way of coming about on information about her husband's past was just a little baffling though I thought that there are probably some relationships/marriages that this has happened. Enter Hayes and I thought there was hope for Natalie. Hayes wants to be th
Up All Night With Books
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Real Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Talk about stepping up your game as an author!! R. C. Stephens has done just that with her newest book, Fraud. I have a bad habit of reading a book without reading the authors synopsis of it and I was not disappointed in this one. There is just so much to this book. From start to finish you are like: What is going on!!! That can't be happening!!! WOW that did just happen!!!

So well written that I was pulled in from the start
Michelle Krystel
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. Wow this book was something else, I'm truly shocked by the events in this book. My head is still spinning from all this stuff. Fruad was also very enlightening, entertaining, and very suspenseful I recommend all my followers read it.
2OCC Reviews
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
My oh my! Harleigh and Lions book was everything I was hoping for. It was complex and detailed but it was easy to get hooked and follow. I loved getting to see the characters from the other books too. They were just as amazing as I remembered. The banter not only followed beautifully but it also had so much heart to it. Everything had a meaning and I loved that. The suspense had my jaw dropping more then I care to say. I was baffled and just awed with where the author went with this story. I can ...more
Renee
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Eleven years together and today I find out I don't know the first thing about the man I'm sleeping beside every night. My marriage is built on a bed of lies. Nothing is real. Each day I'm barely surviving, falling deeper into despair and loneliness. Meeting Hayes Taylor is not in my plan. Younger, beautiful and broken, just like me. But I'm a married woman and cheating isn't in my DNA. I ignore the se
Marnie
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Intrigue, betrayal and danger + strength, love and healing.

This book is the entire package and I had to read it in one sitting. There is so much going on within these pages that I just couldn’t put it down – seriously.

Natalia was your typical teenager, living and enjoying life, and attending college. She also carried a sadness within her as a result of her family’s tragedy, which disappeared when a handsome and confident young Mark who swept in, encouraging an early marriage and not complet
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fraud is the second book by RC Stephens that I’ve read this year, the first being Big Stick, a hockey romance. With Fraud, I was treated to a psychological thriller which on its own is enough to show a wide range of storytelling by the author.

This is the story of Natalia Gomez, a young woman who seemingly has it all. She’s married and a mom, living near her family in Florida. Although times have been a bit rough financially, she’s always believed that her relationship with her husband, Mark, has
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

R.C. is a new to me author, and for my first book, this one was an interesting read where it took me to places I don't usually go. I do not usually like to read books that have a triangle/romance element to it. This book follows Natalia and her husband Mark over year's while their marriage falls apart. While this is going on Natalia meets Hayes, a younger man that is very attractive.

Natalia and Hayes come in and out of each other's lives throughout many years. All the while she is still mar
Lisa
Nov 17, 2018 added it
DNF @ 57%

Sorry, I forced myself to get that far.
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
FRAUD is that kind of romance novel to really get me thinking. To stay or not to stay in a hopeless, loveless marriage just for the children’s sake? It’s a tough decision, one where’s no right or wrong, because every family, every marriage is different, and it for sure one of those decisions I hope I’ll never have to make…

After discovering some information about her husband, she questions if she ever really knew him. It’s baffling and shocking, naturally leaving Natalie heartbroken and hopeless.
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
Unputdownable!!
Fraud by RC Stephens is one of those books you start hurting in the very beginning imagining what will happen next. I truly loved this intense and suspenseful story!

Natalia's story is like so many more around the world. In a marriage where she doesn't feel loved anymore, she tries to keep things going for the sake of her daughter. Mark is a strange man and husband, that makes you angry and wanting to slap him over and over again.
When Hayes, a sexy British, younger and broken man,
Ann
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By RC Stephens
Main Characters: Natalia & Hayes
I voluntarily and honestly reviewed this book without bias or persuasion from the author.
5 out of 5 stars
I think the author should put a little caveat that there is a small amount of emotional cheating. This book takes you over a period of years instead of just months. Great character development even though some of the m/c are not very likeable. At times I wanted to knock some sense into Natalia and I loved everything about Hayes. This is a sto
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not going to go into many details about the whole plot of this story because it's full of suspense, and I feel like going in mostly blind is so much more exciting to be honest. There's Natalie, who would do anything to make her marriage work, even when she starts to learn that her husband is keeping secrets. No matter how hard it's been getting, she's doing her best to make things work for her children, and that means ignoring the attraction she has to Hayes Taylor, a sexy British hottie. No ...more
Lisa White

Up All Night w/ Books Blog

So we
Livia Rabelo
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was good, I felt connected with the story and the characters. I could totally identify with Nat and her journey and Haze it’s the perfect book boyfriend!! Great book!
Loretta Rohrer-norris
I loved it!

RC Stephen's has become my go to, for interesting reads. I loved Halo, but I think I love this one more!
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Natalie and Hayes are both broken souls, and the chemistry between them is intense. No spoilers; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a beautifully written flawless story, which is filled with secrets, suspense, lies, betrayal, danger, and is a steamy read. I was totally intrigued and hooked throughout, and look forward to reading more from this talented author, whose work I highly recommend for all.
Jessica
3.5 Stars

For some reason, stories by this author are a hit or miss for me. This one started off strong and ended strong.... the middle did nothing for me.
Not sure why.
Jenny
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why haven’t I read any of this authors books before now! This was so, so good! I love Natalie and Hayes! This book had so many twists and turns I didn’t even come close to see happen. The suspense and the romance was just so captivating, I couldn’t put this book down until I read the entire thing. I don’t want to give anything away so I will end this review by saying this, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Amy Stephens
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love stories like Fraud, where you go in thinking one thing, but just the opposite happens.

I'm fairly new to R.C. Stephens's work, but boy am I glad I decided to read this one. From the style of writing to the characters, I was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. Natalia and Hayes were easy to like, but Mark, not so much. But that didn't affect the way I felt about the story as a whole. Oh no. Everything happens for a reason, and Mark's actions played a vital part in why certain things
Konny
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fraud by R.C. Stephens is a full length, standalone romance novel full of twists and unexpected turns.
Meet Natalie, she's the married mom of two kids and her marriage is dying. Life happens and circumstances and separation aren't helping either.
Hayes Taylor is a younger man, beautiful and broken, and he can't stay away from the lonely Nat. Till here it seems like the typical romance, but the book is more, much more. It's a heartwrenching, haunting beautiful story about second chances, finding th
Mary Keiser
Fraud

Honestly, I wanted to love this story and unfortunately there were only a few parts of the book that I actually enjoyed. The thing is, at times the storyline was really interesting but quickly fizzled and became a bit boring. Just wasn't for me.
Linda
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story line was a good one but I found it too repetitive and I did not really like Natalia and as she was the main female character it spoilt it for me.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
From onlookers perspective it would appear that Natalia Gomez has a happy life, one that comes with a husband and adorable young children. But that isn't the case at all, her husband has been keeping secrets the last couple of years, doing things out of character, and becoming more distant with everyday that passes. Her friends have suggested considering leaving the marriage, but she is determined to make it work, and she tries... but after years of pouring her heart into and seeing no result it ...more
Mara Scales
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even though RC Stephens makes it quite apparent that this story is about a married woman with a marriage built upon lies and she finds a connection with another man... don't assume that RC Stephens is going to go the typical route with this story. I appreciated the fact that this was different from other love triangle/romantic suspense tropes. RC Stephens doesn't just throw these characters at you and have an insta-relationship ensue over the span of weeks.
Natalia Gomez didn't want to be married
Maria
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW - This is the first book I have read from this author and I am eager to read more. The storyline hit home in so many ways. Knowing that this is fiction and all, somehow there is truth to some of the matters. I related a lot with Natalia in the sense of wanting a family when growing up, being that mine split when I was young, never divorced as it was against our religion, but nonetheless, I was raised by a single parent. My mom did the best she could, which helped me understand there are no s ...more
Naughty Nightie
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
R.C Stephans right from the start holds your interest this book has many twists and turns you don't see coming. Edge of the seat thrills and suspense make it hard to put down, you just have to keep going.
Natalia is a great mom and is married to Mark. When they first married they were so in love, but over the years since the kids came along finds herself getting less and less appreciated by Mark. On an outing to the beach with her best friend Immy and her family. This time though, her husband Sha
Sunny Shelly Reads
What do you do when you discover that your entire life was built on a lie?

When Natalia's marriage hits a rough patch, she hopes that they will get through it. Even though she's wildly attracted to her best friend's younger cousin, she refuses to cheat on her husband. She may be miserable in her marriage, but her parents' marriage fell apart because of infidelity, and Natalia never got over that. As for Hayes, even though there's an attraction he can't explain, he respects Natalia's wishes...

This
Sierra Clothier
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just wow. This book timeline spanned years, and it was delightful. So you have Natalia who is in a marriage seemingly in a rut. The story continues with this wonderfully eerie feel to it. You just never know just how bad it's going to get. There are times you want to strangle Nat, or tell at her the equivalent of "the killer is behind you!" people want to tell at horror movies. But this is not a film ...It's real life and Nat has enough baggage that shows you why she stays.

You have to stop proj
« previous 1 3 next »

• All of Me (Confessions of the Heart, #2)
  • Enjoy the Ride (Winter Games Book 3)
  • 100 Proof
  • Only Ever You
  • Break So Soft (Love so Dark #2)
  • Decker (Hunting Her, #2)
  • Master of Sin (Gods of Vegas, #1)
  • The Dirty Ones
  • HeartLess
  • Across the Horizon
  • The Girl In The Closet (Southern Heroes #2)
  • Depraved   (The Devil's Due, #1)
  • Choosing Us (Pierced Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Love by Pranks (#LovePranks, #1)
  • Intention
  • Lover
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • Snowfall  (Baum Squad # 0.5)
R.C. Stephens is a top 100 Amazon bestselling author. She has written ten romance novels and plans to continue to write many more.

When she isn't in her writing cave she is raising three lovely children with her adoring husband.

Her books are filled with humor, heartbreak, emotion and true love.

Born and raised in Toronto, she loves the winter, but Spring and Fall are her favorite seasons.

Keep up