Start by marking “Four Meaningful Words” as Want to Read:
Four Meaningful Words

Four Meaningful Words

Four words posed in a question started the beginning of our future.

Will you marry me?

Ten years of love and laughter, triumphs and failures, losses and gains later, and four words threatened to end it all.

Everything has a beginning and an end. I just never saw mine coming. Especially when I finally thought we were getting it all.

Until my husband and lifeline
Published July 31st 2019

Debbie DiFiore
A good story

This was about a couple that wanted children but couldn't have them. Then after a period of his wife spiralling into depression, he asked for a divorce so she would be happy since he couldn't make her happy. I was like what?? She left and sought help and came up with a plan to win him back. He already knew he made a mistake and when she got back, they made up and start the process to adopt a foster child. It was a sweet story and I loved the ending. I will look for more of this a
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
DNF 51%... maybe sometime
Nova  Brantley
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m into reading about married couples. But this one didn’t do it for me. It was too sad for me.
2OCC Reviews
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This was a very quick beautiful read. I loved both Austin and Liz. They had big hearts and my heart broke many times for them. I loved seeing them work together to make their dreams come true. I don’t want to go into too many details because it was a very quick, straight forward read but this book dealt with issues that some couples really do experience and I believe the author did an awesome job with it, even if it was a little fluffy in parts. I don’t mean that in a bad way, just that the prob ...more
Kaci Stewart
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I would 100% recommend this book to someone as it's a quick heartfelt book. Austin and Liz are both such great characters with big hearts. The love they have for each other is out of this world. The book deals with issues that I believe quite a few couples actually deal with and the emotional turmoil that they go through. It touches on some hard subjects but it was well written and got the point across well. The reason for only 3 stars is that for me, even though it was well written and heartfel ...more
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Pequenininho e gostoso de ler. Se fosse melhor desenvolvido e menos previsível teria sido melhor, pois os personagens são ótimos.
Liz
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching and emotional story.
Dana
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Time for the tear rating: 💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧💧

The subject matter, the couple, the story.....every thought, every feeling that Liz had was exactly what I had; I am Liz. A person can only take and deal with so much sadness and disappointments.

Thank god for our spouses.

Beautifully written!
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL! Four Meaningful Words may be short(ish) but it packed a HUGE emotional punch for me! It's the story of Austin & Liz, a married couple who loved each other desperately, but their inability to have children was wrecking their marriage. Ms. Guilliams penned this story with a completely realistic feel, as this is no easy topic, and the way she went about it was brilliant, and broke my heart in the process. This couple had been through the ringer trying to have a baby, so they turned t ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Four Meaningful Words by A.M. Guilliams was a quick, emotional and different kind of read. Liz and Austin have been married for ten years and love each other deeply. But the last few years have been hard for both of them. They have struggled with grief, loss and heartbreak and instead of leaning on each other, fall further apart until it seems there is an ocean between them. Austin then utter words she never expected, “I want a divorce”. Heartbroken, they now need to find their new normal.

Thoug
Sarah Dale
This was a quick, emotional read. I will be honest I am only giving it 4 stars because it was shorter then I expected and slightly rushed in places. I could have read so much more from this couple.

Liz and Austin have been through so much heartbreak with miscarriages and failed adoptions they are both broken and not really admitting how they are feeling. They are just going through the emotions of day to day living. They had such love for each other but had lost their way in their gri
United Indie Book Blog
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is sad, heartbreaking, happy, and inspirational. Liz and Austin you think they are your every day husband and wife. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors., and what everyone is going through individually. Honestly I don't know if I could go through what Liz went through. Having miscarriages isn't anything easy to deal with. I just can't imagine going through that. This was heart breaking to read how Liz felt about the whole situation. Thank you United Indie Book blog for allow ...more
Heaven Scheuring
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would have to give away to many spoilers to truly lay out my feelings with this one! I loved reading about this couple even on the pages that didn’t paint the prettiest picture!
Great read!
4 stars!
Danielle Swainston
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of this author and i always devour her work and this was no different. Austin and Liz stole my heart. Their struggles were raw and very real. I dont want to go into too much detail because i dont want to spoil a single second. Once again all i can say is this story, like many of the authors others is really emotional and deep, it highlights struggles alot of couples go through which makes it so much more relatable then others of its genre.

I simply adore this author and i cannot
Anne Milne
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very emotional but inspiring story. It was easy to relate to Liz and Austin as a couple. A brutally honest and frank look at the pressures a marriage can go through and withstand. I liked both main characters who both showed such strength and resiliance. My only gripe is that I would have liked more of the 'after' story to show how they blended as a family.

Reviewed by United Indie Book Blog
K.J. Swann
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A.M. Guilliams did another wonderful job. She hit this story out of the park. She had me in tears and at the edge of my seat wondering what Liz would do. I think its a beautiful story about two people who have their own marital issues who work together and fight for what they believe in.
Fizza
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is an emotional rollercoaster from the very beginning. I enjoyed reading it and would recommend to anyone looking for intense contemporary romance. The story revolves around a couple who are trying to deal with emotional loss and save their marriage. Austin and Liz are both interesting characters and their story is definitely worth the read. Overall, it's a touching and heartfelt story of love and loss.
Crystal
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Four Meaningful Words is a fast paced, heartfelt love story. A.M. Guilliams is a new author to me and I'm hooked, I like her writing style and the way her story is delivered. Her characters Liz and Austin were genuine, and you can't help but fall in love with them. They were so worried about the other person's happiness. Now that's true love if you ask me. Looking forward to reading more of this authors stories.
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
"This quick read packs so much emotion into one book! I was so overwhelmed with sadness and joy both reading Liz and Austin’s journey through their heartbreaking marriage.
Great read!
4 stars!" Heaven

Breen Rdz
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will you marry me?
Down on one knee, he popped the question and our future began.

“I want a divorce.”
Ten years later, he didn’t want to be my forever anymore.

********

“What a fascinating, heartbreaking and emotive story. I was dying to read A.M.’s book since the moment I read the teasers (above). Four meaningful words was a master piece. An exquisite plot, addictive and engaging from the beginning to the end.

Austin and Liz story broke my heart. They worked and fought for their drea
Mari
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is sad, heartbreaking, happy, and inspirational. Liz and Austin you think they are your every day husband and wife. No one knoes what goes on behind closed doors., and what everyone is going through individually. Honestly I don't know if I could go through what Liz went through. Having miscarriages isn't anything easy to deal with. I just can't imagine going through that. This was heart breaking to read how Liz felt about the whole situation. Thank you United Indie Book blog for allow ...more
Natasha Carrere
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a heartbreaking story about the relationship of two people struggling to communicate with each other when dealing with pain.

A.M. Guilliams wrote the pain and suffering of Elizabeth and Austin and then turned it around where love and understanding won and they were able to grow together. I absolutely loved this book so much. A.M. is now on my one click list.
Christin Black
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

This was a fantastic read. I was emotional from start to finish. Both characters were great in this book. It takes strength to come back how they did. This one really hits you in the heart.
Melanie La surk
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book.... this story... I have no words.

This book will forever be in my heart. I cried, and I smiled and I was so invested. So beautifully written, and the strength of these characters are admirable.
Bertie Welck
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written, beautiful story. Enjoyable read.
Jocelyne
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first A.M. Guilliams book. This is a beautiful and emotional story, hopeful, heartbreaking, and heartwarming afterward. Their story feel real.
Kim  Brewing
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This may have been a quick read but it completely left me with lots of "feels". I felt the heartbreak and loss, I felt the despair and depression and I felt the hope and joy.
Carola
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sunny Shelly Reads
Annabelle Love
Aug 17, 2019
A.M. Guilliams is a romantic suspense and women’s fiction author who currently resides in Virginia with her husband, three children, and fur babies. Books, flip flops, coffee, chocolate, The Walking Dead, and Chicago Fire are just a few of her obsessions. Her love of books began with novels by Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark, and the poetry of Edgar Allan Poe. When she’s not writing, you can find ...more