Start by marking “Song of the Dryad” as Want to Read:
Song of the Dryad

Song of the Dryad

Seventeen-year-old Charlotte Barclay is still haunted by an encounter she had eight years ago – a run-in with a fairy beast that had eyes like witchlight and a taste for flesh. Charlotte has avoided the Greenwood ever since, pretending fairies don’t exist and choosing instead to focus her energies on graduating from high school and perfecting her audition piece for the Bel ...more
Published October 2018 by Enchanted Ink Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Song of the Dryad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Song of the Dryad

Celia McMahon
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This sounds so good!
Emily
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A whimsical and heartwarming fairytale, perfect for colder weather! This story is relevant yet magical, and draws the reader in to a fun and compelling story that twists, turns, and makes the reader feel at home.
Jody Lynn
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS BOOK 5000000 STARS 💜💜💜💜💜
Sofie
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
After watching Natalia Leigh's video's and following her journey of writing and publishing Song of the Dryad, I had very high expectations of this book. Song of the Dryad was even better than I had hoped for and I fell in love with the characters, the story and the fairy realm. It was one of the most magical, whimsical stories I have ever read and could not put it down. I can't wait to read more of Leigh's work and am excited to learn more of the world she has created in Song of the Dryad.
Heather
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This book is even more gorgeous in person than it is in the pictures.
The story is even better than the cover.
This story is about a girl whoes mom goes missing. Charlotte is the only one who can bring her back as she is the only one who knows who took her. Fairies.

Family dynamic and friendships are greatly represented. Being kind to our planet and the things we cannot see is at the forefront.

Perfect autumn read. Really makes me want to check under mushrooms and fallen leaves to see if I might
Forxst
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s a comforting, kindred read. I believe this book would be great for a younger crowd but can easily be enjoyed by us older folks as well. Reading is fluid and easy to understand. The authors world is descriptive but she also allows the story to progress nicely.
The story:: (The headaches that Charlotte gets) If you ignore yourself, you’ll cause only pain." This story isn’t simply about collecting stones rather more about the journey of Charlotte renewing or growing her understanding of hersel
Hannah Rennie
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novel is absolutely gorgeous, inside and out. It’s the kind of cozy book you curl up with on a crisp autumn night, and end up completely losing track of time. I loved the autumn aesthetic of Song of the Dryad, and the story setting was beautiful. The pacing is perfect, the characters are quirky and human, and the descriptions make you feel like you are right there in Mapleton. I absolutely adored this book! Congrats to Natalia Leigh for writing the book that fantasy’s been missing.
J.L. Willow
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leigh's debut novel makes it clear that she has a way with words. There's an effortless ebb and flow to her writing, causing the pages to turn with little to no effort. In the midst of a fantastical plot, her character's emotions and relationships remain real and down-to-Earth. Excellent work!
K. J.
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK! SUCH GREAT CHARACTERS, GRANDMA AND THE BROWNIE WERE MY FAVORITE. THE AMAZING DETAIL MADE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WERE THERE IN THE FOREST WITH CHARLOTTE AND THE FAIRIES. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK IN THIS DUOLOGY!
Hunter Mass
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Song of the Dryad is a contemporary fantasy from author Natalia Leigh that draws inspiration from fae/fairy mythology.

I'll start by saying that I really enjoyed reading this book, and soon after starting was caught up in the ride. I'm not a big fan of the current trends in fae/fairy stories, and I'm happy to say that Leigh avoided much of the trends I didn't like.

I loved the world that Leigh built, and I really hope we get to see more of the fairy world of Lyra in the companion novel she is wr
Stacey
Evelin Burns-C
Daria Covington
Sylvia Mercedes
Sep 12, 2018
Natalia Leigh graduated from Colorado State University with a bachelor's degree in English and a concentration in Creative Writing.

Natalia worked as an English tutor out of college and now enjoys assisting her clients with their own fictional works, as well as sharing her writing experience on her YouTube channel.

When not writing, Natalia can usually be found caring for her many pet-sitting client