Start by marking “Born to Fight (Can't Resist You, #1)” as Want to Read:
Born to Fight (Can't Resist You, #1)

Born to Fight

(Can't Resist You #1)

America has fallen. The world went dark. Technology, computers, cell phones, they're a distant memory at best. The UNR controls everything within their districts in the East and the West. The people are slaves. But there is hope…

Resistance leader Hunter Kane was trained from birth to be the ultimate soldier. He has one purpose and one purpose alone: take down t
Published October 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Born to Fight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born to Fight

Start your review of Born to Fight (Can't Resist You, #1)
Dri ✰
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 4 “Welcome to the Resistance!” STARS ★

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

Encontrei este livro por acaso e depois de ler a sinopse, fiquei muito intrigada. Claro que o fato de não ter nenhuma resenha me deixou um pouco receosa... Porém, pensei: ‘Por que não dar uma chance?’
Então, eu dei início a leitura... E sendo completamente honesta, que surpresa maravilhosa!

Fui cativada desde a primeira página!
Os personagens principais são incríveis e eu adorei o Hunter e a Rain!

Ele, membro
Carla Bulian
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,8. Livro com um contexto diferente, interessante...
A autora foi bem perspicaz em explicar todas as situações, e os personagens são fortes e convincentes.
Gostei!
Angela
5 Stars

Born to Fight is the first book in the Can’t Resist You series by Brittany Anne. This story took me by surprise I must say. I knew from the synopsis that I would like the book, but I didn’t expect it to be quite as fascinating as it turned out to be. This is a Sci-fi story with a definite apocalyptic and dystopian theme. It’s an action-packed adventure full of drama, danger, suspense, some mystery, passion, secrets, sparks, sizzle, heat, and hope. I read the book in an afterno
cupcakes and bookshelves
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
An engrossing and fast paced Apocalyptic style story, I was immediately taken by it and can't wait to find out what's next for everyone.

*Copy kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much*
E.A.
Born to Fight (Can't Resist You, #1) by Brittany Anne was a raw, too real, feels gripping, post-apocalyptic read, that had me hooked from start to finish.

Wow what a read! My first read by this author and I am impressed, more than impressed I just found a treasure and I need more. This sci-fi dystopian read is unique, original and it is hooking. The tone, and writing rhythm has a oomph that instantly pulls you into the story. It's been awhile since a dystopian has hooked me like this, and it has
Chantelle Smith
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Born to Fight is Book 1 in The Can’t Resist You Series from author Brittany Anne, this is my first read from this author and after being introduced to her writing style and incredibly captivating read - I cannot wait to see what else she brings to Book 2 and anything else she writes.

The synopsis of this read definitely intrigued me just for the pure fact that it’s a dystopian read but this read felt so much more real and deeper than normal dystopian reads, it left me wanting more and
Liz
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oooohhhh!!!! I am going to love, love, love, this series!! Everything from the gorgeous cover to the tantalizing story on the pages behind it was perfect. I had never read anything from Brittany Anne before, but I can promise it will not be my last. I am impatiently waiting for the next installment in this series now, and I do believe I will be checking out her other novel(s) in the meantime.

Now I will say, a few years ago you would not have found me reading a dystopian or post-apocalyptic nove
Laura Furuta
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Born to Fight (Can't Resist You Book 1)
By: Brittany Anne
5 out of 5 stars

The story Born to Fight (Can't Resist You Book 1) by Brittany Anne is a military romance book. It is a story that caught my attention from the very beginning and I found myself not able to put it down until I had finished it. It is a story that has moments of suspense that had me wondering what was going to happen next. I loved reading about the characters of Hunter Kane and Rain. Hunter is a resistance fi
Ashleigh
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Born to Fight is the first instalment of the dystopian-romance series, Can’t Resist You. It follows Hunter and Rain, who are thrown together after a deadly attack on Hunter’s life. There is instant chemistry between these two and that is what makes this book so addictive. If you’re a fan of dystopian reads, this is definitely one for you.

We meet Hunter in the midst of him saving a woman from an attack by UNR soldiers. So basically, Hunter is a hero. Cue swoon. Then we learn he’s part of the res
Allie
Born to Fight is the exciting start to the Can’t Resist You series by Brittany Anne. This book can be read as a standalone. This isn’t generally a genre that I get into. But after reading the synopsis I knew that I had to read it. After starting this book I was hooked. I loved this book so much. There was a slight issue that I had but it was easily forgiven. This book was an exciting read and a great start to a series.

I really enjoyed Born to Fight. The characters themselves were my favorite pa
Naomi Valkyrie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Born to Fight is the first book in the Can’t Resist You series. The main story can be read as a standalone. The epilogue leaves things open for subsequent stories.

A resistance fighter and a woman on the run, what could possibly go wrong? Everything. When Hunter is faced with death, he is saved by a stranger. He has lived his life fighting and relationships have been low to non-existent on his priority list, but the woman who saved him stirs up emotions he didn’t know he could still f
Debi
Born to Fight (Can’t Resist You Book 1) by Brittany Anne

5 Stars

I went in to this story unsure, but the synopsis had me curious so had to give it a try. It happened in the first chapter...I was hooked. It didn't take long to fall in love with the writing style of this author and I could not put this book down. It was fast moving and kept my attention throughout.

This is a new author to me and I can not wait for the 2nd of this series and am so excited to find ou
Karyn Taylor
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Born To Fight is the first book in the Can’t Resist You series by Brittany Anne. I had never read any of this author’s work before and after reading Born To Fight I’ll definitely be reading more.
Born To Fight is the story of Hunter and Rain who are thrown together when Rain saves Hunter’s life after a brutal attack from enemy forces. Hunter is the leader of the resistance who are trying to take back power from the UNR who are in control of the USA.
The chemistry between Hunter and Rain is
Katie
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Born to Fight (Can’t Resist You, #1)
By Brittany Anne
4 stars

I really, really enjoyed this book! When I first looked at the blurb I honestly wasn’t sure what kind of read I was in for so I was intrigued and that intrigue paid off, it was a very, good read and a great introduction to a new to me author. I’ve read a few sci-fi books however it is still a genre that is quite new to me. Born to Fight dragged me in almost straight away, the authors writing style was engaging and
Shannon
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first book by Brittany Anne and what a great start to the Can’t Resist You series! The opening scene sets the stage, proving how evil and wrong, the group called UNR, really is.

The story line is set for after the fall of America and life as we know it. UNR is a group of power-hungry, evil people bent on destroying and enslaving any one against them. The Resistance is the group of people, hiding from the UNR because they are against everything the UNR believes in. The Resistance will fight to
Moriah Venable
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Born to Fight is the first book in the Can’t Resist You series by Brittany Anne. This is my first novel by this author.

Rain lives in an a bunker alone and quite content with her routine for the past two years until she helps a man who is bloody and in need of medical attention.

Hunter Kane, a Resistance soldier is hurt while trying to protect a women from being attacked. When unconscious for a few days, her voice pierced through his thoughts and makes him to want to wake up to see he
Gail Guerrero

Five Star
I enjoyed reading this story. The characters were different. The characters represented at a time when people decided to stick up for themselves. The resistance represented people that wanted to change that needed to see a change and that were willing to put their lives on the line to see that change happen. I got in my feelings over Hunter because the way his dad treated him he was so strict he was always beating him down. I understood wh
Kerry Baker
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Born to Fight by Brittany Anne is the first book in her Can’t Resist You series. This book will have you hooked from the start and on the edge of your seat.
For me this book was so good because it was so believable. It is easy to picture how the scenario in this book could come to odd. The writing had be enthralled in what was happening.
The characters were great as well. Hunter and Rain are both just trying to find ways o survive in this new world. And yet one thing they overlooked is
Kaitlynn Taylor
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

4-stars

Born to Fight by Brittany Anne is the first book in the Can’t Resist You series, this was my first book by this author but it certainly won’t be my last. I ended up reading this book in one sitting as I couldn’t bring myself to put it down. This dystopian read had me truly entertained from start to finish. It’s intense, action-packed, detailed and highly captivating.

I really enjoyed that this story is told in many POV’s alo
Brittany
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars 🌟!!
America Has fallen ... The World is dark... But there is hope!
Sometimes I look for a quick story on the weekend I can read in one sitting that totally pulls me in. Well my friends, I found a little jewel with this one! Loving Apocalyptic type stories, I was immediately engrossed in this story. With every bit of detail and backstory , it was always just enough to keep me interested in what was going on in these characters lives. I LOVEEE that there wasn’t a ton of info dumping , and
Renee
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stars: 4

This is Hunter's and Rain's story. This couple is facing a ton of adversity. Rain is stronger than knows and brave. Hunter has faced his own traumas, but with the support of his chosen brothers, he has become a force to overcome oppression. Love was never to be part of their story, but they found each other and must fight for each other. I very much loved Rain and Hunter as well as their story. I also loved meeting Hunter's brothers and mem
Heather
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Born to Fight, by Brittany Anne, is the first book in the Can't Resist You series. This is a captivating story that is built upon the most unfortunate of circumstances driving together individuals that are drawn together despite all that is going on around them. I found the sequence of events through the story and how the author laid them out was well thought out. The story was multi-dimensional giving life to the story through the characters and events. Hunter and Rain were exceptional characte ...more
Roxana
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Born to Fight was my first book by Brittany Anne. I recently came across this book, and let’s just say that I was surprised and amazed by it. I went in to this book knowing that it was different and with an open mind. And let’s just say that I’m glad I did so. I love coming across new authors that can write good content and can capture my attention.

The author did a really good job in creating such a captivating world and storyline with well-developed characters. Characters that reel you in and
Bobbi Wagner
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author and I found it to be a fast, engaging story from beginning to end. I enjoyed how it left me sitting on the edge of my seat just waiting to see what would happen next. I enjoyed the creative characters that made me feel part of the story. Hunter and Rain are strong characters that have a great connection, both just trying to survive in this world. They brought suspense and question of survival. I highly recommend reading this book.
Bonnie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a freebie that sounded good so I decided to give it a try. It was surprisingly good, taking place in a post apocalyptic-type world. The characters were written well and the story, while short, was also written well. It pulled into their lives and I had to read it to the end.
david
Ecaterina
Dec 30, 2018
Abby
Oct 20, 2018

• Jesse (Glass City Hearts Book 3)
  • Untrainable (Night Time Television)
  • Small Town Hero (Small Town Brides, #1)
  • A Second Chance (The Powder River Pack #1)
  • Getting the Goods
  • Surviving Eden (Surviving Series Book 1)
  • Everyday Enchantments: Musings on Ordinary Magic & Daily Conjurings
  • Surviving the Storm (Surviving Series Book 2)
  • A Terrible Beauty (Fallen Eagles MC, #1)
  • Surviving Jordan (Surviving Series Book 3)
  • Eight Steps to Alpha (Nerdy by Nature, #1)
  • Written in the Stars (Fallen Eagles MC, #2)
  • The Debt Collector (An Underground Bad Boys Romance)
  • Hard as Steel: Book four ("Surviving Series")
  • Souls Collide (Collide #3)
  • Flash Point (Nite Fire, #1)
  • Ring Tru (Thick as Thieves, #1)
  • Caught in Make-Believe (The Caught Series Book 3)
Brittany Anne writes steamy romances with three common themes: sexy heroes, strong heroines, and sparks that fly right off the page. A hopeless romantic herself, she is a sucker for “happily-ever-after.”

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Brittany-Anne/...

LIST OF BOOKS:
Series:
Born to Fight (Can't Resist You, #1) by Brittany Anne

Stand-Alones:
Hooked On You by Brittany Anne Alternate Endings by Brittany Anne Public Relations by Brittany Anne

Anthologies, Short Stories, and More