Start by marking “Betrayal: Purity and Control 3” as Want to Read:
Betrayal: Purity and Control 3

Betrayal: Purity and Control 3

(The God Jars Saga #6)

Betrayal is the most painful blow to bear, especially from the one you love most.

The time has come. Valis is ready to finally join the Aesriphos ranks in an official capacity. The only thing standing in his way is his joining night with Tavros. But with nineteen days left before their marriage, Valis and Tavros are fighting to retain their sanity. Strange things keep happe
Published October 2nd 2018 by Magelight Press

To ask other readers questions about Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayal

Start your review of Betrayal: Purity and Control 3
Kaila
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
interesting storyline.. this one was a bit slower moving for me but still really good. the characters are likable.. even the bad guys i "Like" lol it was a good read and i enjoyed it
Becca
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Ok. So I'm officially pissed. I hate cliffhangers and after this cliffhanger, I am DEFINITELY not a happy camper. Oh. My. Gah. So not cool. Even though, I still love this book and series, but not happy with that ending.
Valis and Tav have less than two weeks til they are joined as husbands. But Ayrn has promised retribution for Valis not returning his love and choosing Tav over him. These next two weeks will become some of the worst ever. Hallucinations between Tav and Valis are making them see
Natosha Wilson
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series and I have the love and hate type of relationship going on between us. I love to read each book and I hate when they end. So love/hate relationship. This book was probably the most emotional in the series thus far. It is heartbreaking because as the title suggests there is going to a betrayal that is not only going to rock everyone’s world but going to cause some major problems between Tavros and Valis. This was a truly one of those reads that you just cannot put down.

The gang from
Meg
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book of the Purity and Control trilogy, or the sixth book in The God Jars saga. As with the others, the storyline flows seamlessly from Mentor, the previous book.

Something is wrong at the monastery, and Valis and Tav are feeling the effects. Strange things are happening, but not really happening at all. The pressure is on, as both Seza and Zhasina's, and Valis and Tavros's, joining nights are approaching quickly.

Valis is still working with the Reliquary Aesriphos, an
blub
This installment made me a bit mad. I was extremely hurt on Valis's behalf because Tavros just kept pulling punches and it was just mentally but also physically. The things he said really had a psychological effect on Valis and a small part of me wanted Valis to save him and leave him. I get that Tavros was under strain confused and well...I won't mention the main factor (those who read the book know what I'm trying to hint at involving Aryn). I feel even if Tavros was affected the thoughts and ...more
Kitt
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I loved this book, and the suspense and mystery, I also found it frustrating because of Tavros’ behavior. His lack of faith in Valis and weakness in surrendering to his fear instead of believing in love made me angry. I honestly didn’t feel like he deserved Valis’ love. I continue to enjoy Valis and the growth he exhibits every step of the way; Tavros seems to be stuck in his ways and his doubts. This is a book that really could have benefited from a dual POV. Maybe if I could have seen Ta ...more
Chelle Britton
In this latest installment in the God Jars series, Betrayal, Devon Vesper gives us an amazing and dynamic read. Vesper gives us love and laughter but also sorrow and anger. Through Valis we bare witness to a world filled with danger and magic through the eyes of a man with so much love to give, but unlike your typical hero, Valis isn't afraid to use his powers with deadly force. And he is unapologetic. In this book Valis is faced with constant betrayal from a source close to home in ways he neve ...more
Xochitl
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As the third and final book in the Purity and Control Saga this story got a really dark twist. Jealousy and envy almost made that Valis lost everything but allowing that love, forgiveness and friendship took over save his day with Tavros. The saddest book in the series, but at the end the most lovely scene gave me hope for a happy ending somewhen. Of course the unexpected cliffhanger at the end also gave a huge hint about how interesting the next book will be. I can’t wait!
I received this book a
Joscelyn Smith
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Love isn’t a loan. It’s forever.”

As the time of their joining draws nearer for Valis and Tavros so to does an insidious darkness. This book feels much darker than the previous books and considering the battles they've been in that's saying something. Valis faces his most dangerous foe yet because this enemy hides behind the face of a friend. This was a rollercoaster ride from beginning to end and the ending itself has me anxiously awaiting Valis' next trial.
Tammy
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think they ever find out who was causing Tavros and Valis trouble. I thought the story was well written, hated that it came to an end. Now I have to wait for the next book to come out to see what happens next. Characters are still likable and have great chemistry. I loved how the story played out.
“I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book and was not required to leave a review.”
Thank you for sharing your book with us.
Amanda
My favorite of the series so far! There was always something going on, and I was constantly desperate to read the next page to make sure it was all resolved. I think it was pretty obvious what was going on, but even knowing didn’t lessen the constant, but good, anxiety over everything going. Tav was a complete jerk though, and I’m surprised Valis didn’t hold his words against him; but it still ended so happily for them. Until that cliffhanger!
Michelle
This volume was Aryn taking his stalker like revenge on our duo for having been rejected, interspersed with more Qos black magic adherent action, and one scene of precognitive doom after another. It's the prepping for war book where new powers are learned and taught, betrayal is around every corner, and the suspense of will Valis and Tavros actually get married. Still a page turner of a series.
Patricia Nelson
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This bittersweet, fantastic, grab-you-by-the-feels, poignant, heartbreaking yet ultimately hopeful, made-me-shed-tears-of-both-sadness-and-joy, amazing, heartfelt, tug at your heartstrings, and totally awesome story had me hooked from beginning to end. I must admit that I was severely tempted to smack some sense into certain characters, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Scarolet Ellis
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Betrayal: Purity and Control 3 (The God Jars Saga 6) by Devon Vesper is a great story that I read. This is story number six in the series and I really enjoyed reading the story. I recommend this story to everyone who loves a great stort to read.

Stephanie
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books
I am just loving this series so much! This definitely had more a darker feel to it and I am loving it. This is definitely a rollercoaster of so many emotions and I was hurting for Valis. Devon Vesper has made characters that I am so invested in and I can't wait to start the next book.
Gema Cela rodríguez
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was quite foreseeable who was behind what was happening but the story was good and I'd say intense. My favorite of the series so far.
R
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Valis and Tavros are a few weeks away from their joining night. They can’t become true Aesriphos until then. Both men are very ready to be joined together for life.

Valis is under so much pressure he starts to doubt he can do everything he needs to do finally be with Tavros. When odd, bad things start to happen he begins to doubt both their sanities, specially Tavros’s. He accuses Valis of a myriad of wrongs. Becoming increasingly unbalanced with each accusation. Valis’s dreams and visions become
Abell
tammy rufo
Apr 23, 2019
Sally
Feb 23, 2019

• Dead of Knight (Guardians of Camelot #2)
  • Seth (Ward Security #5.5)
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta #2)
  • Everybody Burns (Enhanced World, #6)
  • The Alpha's Fake Mate (The Omega Misfits, #2)
  • Concealed Magic (Magic and Claws, #2)
  • The Twelfth Knight (Guardians of Camelot, #1)
  • The Second and His Bonded (Kincaid Pack, #2)
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
  • In the Solace (Metahuman Files #6)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • The Alpha King (Kingdom of Askara #1)
  • Second Chance
  • Revelations (Fire & Brimstone Scroll #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)

The God Jars Saga (9 books)
  • Saviors: Duty and Sacrifice 1