Start by marking “Fool Me Forever (The Confidence Game Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Fool Me Forever (The Confidence Game Book 2)

Fool Me Forever (The Confidence Game Book 2)

Lenore Bradshaw's charity is mixed up in a world-class scandal with donations gone missing. Handsome con artist Halsey Sherwood suggests they work together to get the money back. But there's no way she can trust a proven liar and thief, right? Even if his generous and sweet nature is stealing her heart, and there may be some swooning happening.

The sassy and beautiful Lenor

Published September 24th 2018 by Entangled: Amara

.Under the pages
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Halsey Sherwood, on the outside a con artist, on the inside a fair man that takes from the evil and gives to those in need.

He’s good at creating spreadsheets and adding numbers but this time he has to do more. He has to go to places and be a little more human than a computer. Something that he’s not really good at but Lenore is. The woman who hates what he does for a living.

Full review available at Under the Pages.

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

We all remember Lenny and Halsey from the first book - BUT you don't have to have read it - these two are just the best friends and siblings from book #1. But they also work in the same field. Lenny is running her charity and Halsey is the behind-the-desk finance guy of his con-family's 'empire'. Lenny hates Halsey after everything that happened in book #1, but he needs to be there for her and help with the finances of the charity, or she might go to jail - and his brother might kill him for not
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

Every Ainslie Paton book is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get.

If you have read One Night Wife, then you have already kinda met our leading man and lady, Lenny and Halsey.

We know that Halsey Sherwood is a grifter, a con man who will take you down (well, if you are a despot who needs taking down).

Lenny has been dragged into the con by her best friend Fin and Halsey's brother Cal in the last book, hates the con game and
Maria Rose
What does a modern day Robin Hood look like? That’s the question author Ainslie Paton tackles in her latest series, The Confidence Game. It’s about the Sherwood family and their allies, modern day thieves who excel at breaking the law but do it with a sole purpose in mind – to rob the rich of their ill-gotten gains and give to the poor and deserving. They do it with shady investments and forged art, attracting wealthy clients whose greed knows no bounds until they find themselves losing it all. ...more
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
Me pareció muy tierna la pareja, sobre todo el héroe pero le faltó ese "algo" a la historia, no me terminó de enganchar.
nick
4.5/5

OK fine, Ainslie Paton can take all my money. I've had nothing but positive experiences with her books, but I think Fool Me Forever is my favorite from her. The Confidence Games series has been mindblowing, romantic and immensely fun to read.

Fool Me Forever picks up where One Night Wife ended, told from the perspectives of Lenny Bradshaw, partner and friend to Fin, and Halsey Sherwood, brother of Cal. Lenny is understandably furious at the Sherwoods and Fin for their scam, even more so beca
Helen
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MS Paton has a fabulous writers voice she brings out the best in her characters, her stories are witty with wonderful banter, and this one is no exception there is a lot going on when Halsey Sherwood meets up with the beautiful Lenore Bradshaw and together they work on a sting to bring a Prime Minister down, the sparks fly and the sensual pull grows as PowerPoint girl and ExcelBoy work together and try and control their feelings.

Lenny is working hard to keep her charity, Dollars 4 Daughters goin
Lisa
OKAY, WHO STARTED THE TREND OF MAKING THEIR HEROES LOOK LIKE OLD ACTORS

because I'm very much for this???

First we have Lucy Parker's Luc in Pretty Face looking like Gregory Peck, and now Ainslie's Halsey has Paul Newman looks??? Now I need somebody to write a Christopher Plummer circa Sound of Music lookalike hero, hopefully also a repressed single dad okbai-

Moving on,

Fool Me Forever featured Lenore, Fin from One Night Wife's best friend, and Halsey, Cal's younger brother. I didn't reread ONW be
Kathryn
Halsey is a Sherwood - and they do a great job at conning you - but only if you are a bullying, self serving, deceitful despot of some sort. But Halsey is a back seat guy in the family, until his more outgoing brother Cal is away and there is nothing else but for him to come out from behind his desk, and for him to flex his muscles.

Lenny is a Bradshaw, and these days not so proud of that because her father has been sent to prison because of dirty schemes. Lenny runs a business where she helps w
Ellie
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great second book in the series. Lone but fierce and determined hero and quiet, introvert hero running a complicated con and falling in love along the way!

his is the second book in her modern day Robin Hood series The Confidence Game. This time we get the shy, bookish hero and the only woman who knows he is a con and doesn't want to have anything to do with him.

Mini review:
There is great chemistry between the MCs but she carries lots of baggage because of her family and his family and what they
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Fool Me Forever by Ainslie Paton is book Two in The Confidence Game series. This is the story of Lenore 'Lenny' Bradshaw and Halsey Sherwood . I haven't yet read the previous book, so for me I made this a standalone book.
Lenny is out to clear her charity's name after being caught up with a partners money laundering. Halsey has been sent to help but Lenny isn't open to that at first. But they start to slowly work together which in turns gives their feelings time to grow.
Enjoyed their story and
Jess
This was just really nice to read. Sometimes I need books like that.
Ellie
Ainslie Paton is on my very short list of must-read authors, and this book - and in particular, Halsey - is the reason why. She writes some of the best heroes ever. They are always individual and unique from her others. It's not like you read about one and think, yeah, he's a lot like so-and-so in her book such-and-such. Not a chance. Each hero is his own individual and since I'm all about the heroes this is what draws me to this author. Plus, I love her clever prose and the emotion she weaves i ...more
Rebecca
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I adore Halsey this is what I learnt reading this book. He is awkward and doesn't like interacting with people and he knows who he is and he doesn't like pretending to be anything other than that. Makes it difficult to pull off a big con though. But I loved he was softer and not a slick alpha male. I liked that he needed the help of Lenny to smooth his edges and help him out when it comes to big cons. It was just perfect.

And Lenny! She had a whole heap of stuff on her plate and she shouldn't hav
Sionna
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own*

I absolutely enjoyed reading this book.

While the romance is clearly there and a big part of the book, I really liked how the plot didn't revolve around it-- these are my favorite types of romances, because there is other things going on. In this case, they are trying to swindle a big time swindler. I love it.

The characters were fantastic. Halsey is a fantastic male lead. He isn't the usual arrogant, impos
Lori
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great second book in a very interesting themed series. This world of cons and grifts with a Robin Hood ideal is fascinating. Throw in a sexy man depicted as a young Paul Newman, who was sexy at all ages, and a strong woman determined to restore her family name as well as protect them, and you have an amazing read. Both Halsey and Lenore kept the other on their toes. They gave into their passion and it was perfect. The twists of how they got the Cookie Jar was fairly complex and actually p ...more
Himanish Prabhakar
My review is 4.3 stars.

I really loved this one after the book #1 in the series. In terms of dialogues, scenes, characters, story, plot, pace of the story, everything is quite good about the book. I really liked the book #1 and the #2 is also very nice.

The characters, I already love them and the way they are expanded in the story is beautiful. There is so much in terms of feel and emotion that romance readers must read the series.

A lovely and enjoyable read. Definitely recommend it!!!
Samantha
Halsey and Lenny are back for their own story this time. Lenny's life is in shambles after everything that went down in the first book and because of it she is so mad at Halsey and his life style that it's hard to accept help.

Halsey likes to be behind the scenes. It's easier to stay safe that way. When his brother takes off with his wife and leaves him with directions to help his new sister in laws bff... who knew it would be so hard.

It was good and the battle for keeping Lenny safe is interes
b.andherbooks
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so I definitely read this back in 2018 and I definitely liked it. Why didn't I review it?!

Anyway, a con-artist promises to help the woman he's entranced with and her struggling non-profit get their money back after being caught up in a scandalous swindle by a bad foreign investor. All Lenore has to do is fake-date Halsey, gain entrance to his high class world, and let his skills of lying and deception help her get the money back.

Swoony and I love a great heist!

Katrina Berry
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fool Me Forever by Ainslie Paton is a great edition to The Confidence Game series.

This is the second book I’ve read by Ms. Paton and I have to say she definitely has my attention...I am completely hooked. Halsey...omgosh where can I get one of him LOL!!!

I love the author’s writing style, wonderful characters and interesting storyline...Paton pulls you in from the get-go.

An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.
Therese Beharrie
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
This was my first Ainslie Paton book, and made me wonder why I'd waited so long to read her writing. The story was sharp and smart, the heroine gutsy and the romance riveting. BUT THE HERO *heart eyes*. Halsey Sherwood is the hero of my dreams. He's caring, protective, and though a con (I KNOW) I was immediately taken by him. A testament to the author's skills, no doubt. Highly recommended.
Suzette
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilariously funny! Lenny and Halsey make the most adorable couple. I want to be a part of the Halsey’s fun filled family. Mal is the typical bratty 16 year in full angst mode. This is just a crazy, hilarious and fun story.
Samantha Brody
Technically, this should have been all my flavors of catnip and then some? I struggled, though, with the characters' internal conflicts & their resolutions--it both did & didn't feel too easy and I couldn't quite reconcile how they overcame their innate moral compasses to be together.
Jenny Rae Rappaport
Sep 30, 2018
Jaybird
Dec 23, 2018
Janet
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this offering from Ms. Paton. The premise of Fool Me Forever is fun and flirty. The characters are engaging, and the story itself was so very entertaining. I realized about 1/4 of the way through that it is part of a series, and I ordered the first book. I'm glad I did, I think they are best read in order. Ms. Paton has created a complex set of characters, placed them in intriguing situations, and I am really looking forward to the continuation of the series. Well crafted, enjoyable ...more
Sandra
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fool Me Forever by Ainslie Paton is the second book in The Confidence Game series but the first one I have read and it can definitely be read as a standalone.

Lenore's charity has been involved in a scandal and the donation money is missing. Halsey is a con artist who suggests they work together to find out what happened. But Lenore refuses to have anything to do with him but then things change.
Perfectly told realistic romance between two very different people who have opposed values and opinions
Kristin
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review."

Loved this book very much. It had just enough sweet romance and the storyline was great! I highly recommend!
Gracec
Feb 05, 2019
Tamara
Dec 05, 2018
Ainslie Paton always wanted to write stories to make people smile, but the need to eat, accumulate books, and have bedclothes to read under was ever present. She sold out, and worked as a flack, a suit, and a creative, ghosting for business leaders, rabble-rousers, and politicians, and making words happen for companies, governments, causes, conditions, high-profile CEOs, low-profile celebs, and th ...more