Start by marking “Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons, #1)

Pros & Cons of Vengeance

(Pros & Cons #1)

FIVE JOBS. FIVE CHANCES FOR REDEMPTION. One thing’s for sure: these men are no angels.

There’s nothing like being blackmailed by a dead man to really bring a group of cons together. And what a group we are: a hacker, a thief, a con artist, a thug, and a Federal agent with an axe to grind. The deal is simple, we do the jobs and Charlie’s lawyer wipes the slate clean for
Published September 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Pros & Cons of Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pros & Cons of Vengeance

Start your review of Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons, #1)
~Volha~
DNF at 55%

I really did try to like anything about this book. It's not a bad book it's just not for me. There was so much humor in it that after some time it started to sound like a high school drama or a frat house filled with horny men and not con artists on a mission. I could not take them seriously at all, and therefore I could not get into the book or the plot which in my opinion should have been addressed a little more seriously. Breck was just a smidgen away from annoying juvenile but real
☙ percy ❧
this was an absolutely delectable tale of vengeance. there's nothing i like more than a good revenge plot! the characters were all fantastically multi-faceted, and i can't wait to see what they all get up to next in the next books!
fleurette
This story (and the whole series) has potential. Sorry to say it isn’t fully tapped.

Heist movies are definitely my favorite ones. And this book looks at first glance like a heist story. The group of cons with golden hearts is forced into making several schemes together. I totally don’t mind the unreality of the whole situation, because the premise is good and the characters are fascinating and likeable. Unfortunately, the sex scenes (though steaming hot) overwhelm the possible heist story. What
Eden Finley
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I’m just a boy, kneeling on top of a boy… begging him to fuck me.”

Top read of 2018 for me! Loved it!

I want more.
Like right now.
Uh now.
*runs off to annoy May Archer and AE Wasp*
Rach
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read books written previously by both authors.

I enjoyed this book. It had a bit of everything in it romance, action, humour. The characters in this book are Charlie who is deceased (brings are main five characters together), our mystery character at the start, Miranda, Josie (I loved her character), Leo, Ridge, Carson, Wesle and Steele. They all have different skills which brings made Charlie choose them and Breck and Danny also join the gang as well.

This is Steele's book, well his
haletostilinski
Overall this was a fun and exciting read.

The story was pretty original, but also familiar in a way. It was fun and entertaining, and the romance wasn't bad either.

So it starts out at a funeral for this mysterious Charlie - who, when he gathered up this 4 criminals and the FBI agent, made me think of Charlie's Angels and this could not have been a coincidence okay haha - who was a really good theif himself.

He gathers these 5 together post mortem with the the help of his Lawyer, Miranda, he
Nat ReadingAllNite
4.5 Stars

I’m seeing lots of co-writing lately, so seeing a pair of authors, both of whom I like, I’m in and I really enjoyed this one. The prologue opens with an anonymous figure, a sixth man who isn’t part of the group nor part of the plot, at least not yet. The rest of the men are introduced and the terms and expectations of their “benefactor” are introduced. Character building is excellent right from the start and the first section of the book begins revealing the personalities and skills of
Skirmish
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.wordpress.com/2...
Rating: 3.5 Stars – that place between like and love
~nikki the recovering book addict
DNF @ 40%

Ahhh... I was looking forward to this one. Both authors have written books I’ve enjoyed in the past, so this is rather unfortunate

Seeing all the 4 and 5 star ratings make me feel like the odd one out which I definitely am. But alas, no amount of wishing and praying will get me to magically love this book.

For all intents and purposes, the book is well written. No grammatical errors or anything. I guess I just didn’t click with the book? I swear I tried! I tried so hard!!
Nicole
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars...

The blurb drew me in instantly but the story left me wanting something different.

Five people of different skills attended Charlie’s funeral, not by their own volition but because they got blackmailed by Charlie. Charlie before he died gathered information about our 5 characters, of their past that they didn’t want to come out so they have no other choice but to do what Charlie wanted them to do.

There are some missions that they have to do, missions that Charlie did not get to finish
JenMcJ
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up. M/M Charlie's Angels. I mean, really, the guy that pulls the group together (in death, supposedly) is named Charlie and his accomplice is Miranda Bosley with her sidekick Josie for the assist and a phone voice that we haven't been clued into who it is yet. - they aren't even trying to distance themselves from the concept but outright embracing it.

Recycled tv concept or not, it's somewhat unique and I liked it a lot. I am looking forward to each story but I hope I like the
Claudia
WOW. this was a fun read and really, REALLY well done. It is always a joy to find such Gems as this one ... and it is very hard to find another good book after reading this one.

I loved the idea of the story and how it was done. Can't wait to get my hands on the other books
iam
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unlimited, arc
It all became clear to me at that moment what Charlie's ultimate motivation had been. These weren't personal vendettas or petty crimes he wanted to be solved. He wanted justice, the kind he couldn't get from inside the system.

It was the premise for this new series that immediately drew me in: a group of high profile criminals being blackmailed into doing a bunch of big jobs together.
Even better when the big jobs entail completely screwing over some really horrible people.

And what a team to
Leslie
I wanted to love this book but ended up just liking it. The beginning started off strong for me. The latter half was not as good and got a bit ridiculous. There was also far too much insta love for my liking. However, this is not an all negative review.

I really liked seeing the merry band of misfits come together. Here are five men thrown together who don’t trust each other and couldn’t be more different. All have secrets they want kept and all have to live and work together until their tasks
Micah
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Really wanted to finish this book especially since 1 of the main characters is Cuban & books in this genre that have non white characters are few & far between. But honestly I couldn’t. The beginning of this book is funny. I thought it was gonna be a cool James Bond type of story, but once i got deeper into the story, every character in the book just whined. And whined. And then whined some more. And I don’t get or understand insta love stories so as soon as that occurred I lost ...more
Addicted2M/M
I so need this book in audio. Ideally with Greg Boudreaux or Michael Leslie, because they kill it with the voices.

The relationship between Steele and Breck is...well, fun. And their first time together was downright charming. Loved this book and wish the others were already out. This cast of characters is going to take us on a heck of a ride--and I can't wait.
Jill
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-crime, m-m
4.25 Stars!!

I highly enjoyed this one! Can’t wait to read the rest of the series!
Mari  Cardenas
Story: 4.5 Stars!

Narration: 3.5 Stars!

Overall: 4 Stars!

This series was one of my favorites last year and listening to the first two books in preparation for the release of the third book was something I was looking forward to. The thing is, while I loved listening Pros & Cons of Vengeance almost as much as I loved reading it the first time around, I had a bit of a problem with the narration. This is the first time I've listened to a dual performance and my first time listening to either Tor
Jennie
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlie manipulates five men to attend his funeral. They are compelled to complete a few last jobs for Charlie after his death.. All to be handled by his lawyer and an interested party.
"They're here because Charlie has dirt on them, because you invited them, and because I threatened to expose them if they didn't show up and play nice."
The witty, fun dialogue drew me in right from the beginning.
"You're continued existence make me question the whole survival of the fittest thing."
"I'm pretty sure
DeeNeez
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt, free-read, 2019, sh-2019
I found a new series I’m in love with! A group of dubious guys, being blackmailed into working missions/cons to right some wrongs. All lead by a mysterious voice, Mr X “Al”. Shades of Charlie’s Angel’s here. Each and every one of the 5 members are so well developed, the interaction is so snarky, I am rooting for them all.

This first mission brings the team together. This is seeking vengeance and justice, the kind that they couldn’t get from inside the legal system against a corrupt politician
Marion
DNF @ 68%
I tried. I’m not in the right mood for this book. I’m hoping to come back at a later date.
Sali
I LOVED it.
Love the premises, love the idea behing it. It's fun, exciting.
All the guys have their own personnality, their one speciality. They are not children.
The MC are good together. They talked to each other. The sex is hot.
I can't wait for more!!!!!
Kristina
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first A.E Wasp novel and I cannot begin to tell y’all how much I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was exciting, the characters were sassy, and the bad guy was truly an ass. When I read the synopsis I was like, ‘OK this sounds good’, but when I started reading it I was like, ‘Holy amazeballs. This is Leverage in book form!’ I loved that show and this definitely had me imagining a couple characters from there.

Steele is the first of the group to get his “mission” and I really liked his
Cee Brown
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
.•*).•*).•*)
(.•Someone said it best, this was like watching a romanticized version of "Ocean's Eleven".

This was supposed to be a reprieve, something to tide me over. These two authors brought life. I am kicking this to my number two romantic suspense of the year. I cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the books in this series.

The characters:

Charlie - world-renowned thief and information broker, recently deceased
Ridge Pfeiffer - professional thief
Castille Alverez - ex special forces, now
Karen
It’s Charlie’s Angels meets Mission Impossible with a little touch of the A-team thrown in for good measure…

and it’s all done in a very sexy and humorous way…

‘Pros & Cons of Vengeance’ was very reminiscent of shows/movies that were not only a part of my youth, but shows/movies that I loved to watch. While ‘Charlie’s Angels’ was the first of these shows to come to mind for me and for what I think is very obvious reasons…first we have the mysterious Charlie and while this Charlie is dead we
Becca
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't see it but there may be some triggers. Some violence as far as a beating is mentioned and one of the guys tells of a past incident in trying to take a baddie down. It's not bad but be careful.
Damn. And double damn. I was not prepared for what a kick ass book this was. The characters, though criminals, are seriously good guys. Cocky, stubborn, with a bit of a past, but with hearts that really want to do the right thing. And even though they may be criminals, their motives, most of the
Gabbi Grey
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The gay Charlie’s Angels (an audio review)

Charlie was not a nice man. He was a thief, a liar, and a cheat. He accumulated wealth through every illegal means possible, then died an early death. In his will, though, he’s still controlling those around him. Five men with questionable pasts are gathered to find out what Charlie had in mind when he called on them from the grave. Each man has committed some act that would surely send him up to prison, and here Charlie is, offering them a chance. Right
E.
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, m-m, adult

“Pros & Cons of Vengeance” by A.E. Wasp introduces an unlikely group of somewhat shady men who are being blackmailed by a dead man. They are assigned a task that it is in their best interests to complete, and during the execution of their duties, things become very personal and unexpected connections form, which will make failure all the more painful.

This contemporary gay story is a homage to the old Charlie’s Angels series but features five men who are better described as fallen
Light
4 / 5 Stars

This is a delightful read. It has its ups and downs but with an interesting tone that could develop even more.

I liked the overall plot. The characters are a bunch of misfits that have either dark past or some kind of criminal record, there's a different profession for each character which adds more twists to the mix. I also enjoyed the writing style. Unlike many other collaborations, the writers took the time to merge the ideas and characters so it doesn't feel like 2 different books.
Amanda
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a fun start to what promises to be a fast-paced and entertaining series about a group of cons. If you are a fan of the TV show Leverage, you will LOVE this book. I know I did.

When a group of cons is blackmailed into working jobs together, the first one calls focuses on Steele, the ex-Special Forces muscle of the group, and Breck, the twin brother of one of the others in the group and a definite surprise when he unexpectedly ends up in the middle of their job. There is an instant
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Deadly Lover (Exit Strategy #1)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • The Fall (Love in O’Leary #1)
  • Sadistic Sherlock (Ward Security, #4)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)
  • Noble Hops (Trouble Brewing, #3)
  • The Hunt
  • Remote Access (Thick as Thieves, #1)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows, #1)
  • A New Empire (Fog City, #3)
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Pros & Cons (3 books)
  • Pros & Cons of Deception (Pros & Cons, #2)
  • Pros & Cons of Desire (Pros & Cons, #3)