Start by marking “Pros & Cons of Vengeance” as Want to Read:
Pros & Cons of Vengeance

Pros & Cons of Vengeance

(Pros & Cons #1)

FIVE JOBS. FIVE CHANCES FOR REDEMPTION. One thing’s for sure: these men are no angels.

There’s nothing like being blackmailed by a dead man to really bring a group of cons together. And what a group we are: a hacker, a thief, a con artist, a thug, and a Federal agent with an axe to grind. The deal is simple, we do the jobs and Charlie’s lawyer wipes the slate clean for eac
Published September 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Pros & Cons of Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pros & Cons of Vengeance

~Volha~
DNF at 55%

I really did try to like anything about this book. It's not a bad book it's just not for me. There was so much humor in it that after some time it started to sound like a high school drama or a frat house filled with horny men and not con artists on a mission. I could not take them seriously at all, and therefore I could not get into the book or the plot which in my opinion should have been addressed a little more seriously. Breck was just a smidgen away from annoying juvenile but real
Eden Finley
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I’m just a boy, kneeling on top of a boy… begging him to fuck me.”

Top read of 2018 for me! Loved it!

I want more.
Like right now.
Uh now.
*runs off to annoy May Archer and AE Wasp*
Rach
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read books written previously by both authors.

I enjoyed this book. It had a bit of everything in it romance, action, humour. The characters in this book are Charlie who is deceased (brings are main five characters together), our mystery character at the start, Miranda, Josie (I loved her character), Leo, Ridge, Carson, Wesle and Steele. They all have different skills which brings made Charlie choose them and Breck and Danny also join the gang as well.

This is Steele's book, well his roma
Natalie
4.5 Stars

I’m seeing lots of co-writing lately, so seeing a pair of authors, both of whom I like, I’m in and I really enjoyed this one. The prologue opens with an anonymous figure, a sixth man who isn’t part of the group nor part of the plot, at least not yet. The rest of the men are introduced and the terms and expectations of their “benefactor” are introduced. Character building is excellent right from the start and the first section of the book begins revealing the personalities and skills of
~nikki the recovering book addict
DNF @ 40%

Ahhh... I was looking forward to this one. Both authors have written books I’ve enjoyed in the past, so this is rather unfortunate ☹

Seeing all the 4 and 5 star ratings make me feel like the odd one out which I definitely am. But alas, no amount of wishing and praying will get me to magically love this book.

For all intents and purposes, the book is well written. No grammatical errors or anything. I guess I just didn’t click with the book? I swear I tried! I tried so hard!! 😩
haletostilinski
Overall this was a fun and exciting read.

The story was pretty original, but also familiar in a way. It was fun and entertaining, and the romance wasn't bad either.

So it starts out at a funeral for this mysterious Charlie - who, when he gathered up this 4 criminals and the FBI agent, made me think of Charlie's Angels and this could not have been a coincidence okay haha - who was a really good theif himself.

He gathers these 5 together post mortem with the the help of his Lawyer, Miranda, he bla
Nicole
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars...

The blurb drew me in instantly but the story left me wanting something different.

Five people of different skills attended Charlie’s funeral, not by their own volition but because they got blackmailed by Charlie. Charlie before he died gathered information about our 5 characters, of their past that they didn’t want to come out so they have no other choice but to do what Charlie wanted them to do.

There are some missions that they have to do, missions that Charlie did not get to finish
JenMcJ
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up. M/M Charlie's Angels. I mean, really, the guy that pulls the group together (in death, supposedly) is named Charlie and his accomplice is Miranda Bosley with her sidekick Josie for the assist and a phone voice that we haven't been clued into who it is yet. - they aren't even trying to distance themselves from the concept but outright embracing it.

Recycled tv concept or not, it's somewhat unique and I liked it a lot. I am looking forward to each story but I hope I like the
iam
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
It all became clear to me at that moment what Charlie's ultimate motivation had been. These weren't personal vendettas or petty crimes he wanted to be solved. He wanted justice, the kind he couldn't get from inside the system.

It was the premise for this new series that immediately drew me in: a group of high profile criminals being blackmailed into doing a bunch of big jobs together.
Even better when the big jobs entail completely screwing over some really horrible people.

And what a team to ge
Micah
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Really wanted to finish this book especially since 1 of the main characters is Cuban & books in this genre that have non white characters are few & far between. But honestly I couldn’t. The beginning of this book is funny. I thought it was gonna be a cool James Bond type of story, but once i got deeper into the story, every character in the book just whined. And whined. And then whined some more. And I don’t get or understand insta love stories so as soon as that occurred I lost int ...more
Jill
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, mystery-crime
4.25 Stars!!

I highly enjoyed this one! Can’t wait to read the rest of the series!
Jennie
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlie manipulates five men to attend his funeral. They are compelled to complete a few last jobs for Charlie after his death.. All to be handled by his lawyer and an interested party.
"They're here because Charlie has dirt on them, because you invited them, and because I threatened to expose them if they didn't show up and play nice."
The witty, fun dialogue drew me in right from the beginning.
"You're continued existence make me question the whole survival of the fittest thing."
"I'm pretty sure
Marion
DNF @ 68%
I tried. I’m not in the right mood for this book. I’m hoping to come back at a later date.
Sali Mes
I LOVED it.
Love the premises, love the idea behing it. It's fun, exciting.
All the guys have their own personnality, their one speciality. They are not children.
The MC are good together. They talked to each other. The sex is hot.
I can't wait for more!!!!!
Cee Brown
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
♥.•*)☆♡.•*)☆♡.•♥*)☆♡♥
♡☆(.•♥Someone said it best, this was like watching a romanticized version of "Ocean's Eleven".

This was supposed to be a reprieve, something to tide me over. These two authors brought life. I am kicking this to my number two romantic suspense of the year. I cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the books in this series.

The characters:

Charlie - world-renowned thief and information broker, recently deceased
Ridge Pfeiffer - professional thief
Castille Alverez - ex special
Addicted2M/M
I so need this book in audio. Ideally with Greg Boudreaux or Michael Leslie, because they kill it with the voices.

The relationship between Steele and Breck is...well, fun. And their first time together was downright charming. Loved this book and wish the others were already out. This cast of characters is going to take us on a heck of a ride--and I can't wait.
Light
4 / 5 Stars

This is a delightful read. It has its ups and downs but with an interesting tone that could develop even more.

I liked the overall plot. The characters are a bunch of misfits that have either dark past or some kind of criminal record, there's a different profession for each character which adds more twists to the mix. I also enjoyed the writing style. Unlike many other collaborations, the writers took the time to merge the ideas and characters so it doesn't feel like 2 different books.
Amanda Viecelli
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a fun start to what promises to be a fast-paced and entertaining series about a group of cons. If you are a fan of the TV show Leverage, you will LOVE this book. I know I did.

When a group of cons is blackmailed into working jobs together, the first one calls focuses on Steele, the ex-Special Forces muscle of the group, and Breck, the twin brother of one of the others in the group and a definite surprise when he unexpectedly ends up in the middle of their job. There is an instant co
Diane Dannenfeldt
I really enjoyed this one. Charlie sure knew what he was doing when he brought this group together to finish his unfinished business. Even though they don’t really know each other very well, or trust each other fully, they have each other’s back. I loved the whole planning and taking down of the bad guy. I want to know who the mystery guy is, I have an idea but I’m not sure. Even though they are all, with maybe the exception of Leo, harden career criminals, they are also funny and loyal. This ki ...more
Dixiecowgirl
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

WOW! Terrific plot, awesome characters and great writing create a 5 star read! Intrigue, action and steamy romance created a fun and engaging read that i could not put down until i had read the last page.

Our focus MC's of this book are Steele and Breck and i thought their characters rang true and were likable. I liked how i got both of their point of views and understood what each was thinking and feeling.

I loved the story-line and was impressed with the creativity and characters. I am looking
Misty M
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a super fun book, with an Oceans Eleven meets Charlie's Angels feel, complete with their own Bosley. I'm loving the setup for the series, and the cast of characters are so intriguing.

This particular book was good, very enjoyable. I think these particular two MCs just didn't quite do it for me. Mostly just personal preference and that prologue captured my interest (I want Leo's story).

Overall a great start, and I'm so excited to see what comes next.

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced re
Cindi
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent start to what appears to be a great series.

Steele is hot. Breck is no pushover. The other characters, while as different as different can be, were all entertaining. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

Full, NSFW review can be found at -

photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Cheri
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story quite a bit. The premise was very engaging. All of the characters are interesting, and I look forward to the rest of the books to find out more about them.

The romance was a little...little. There really wasn't much of it. I felt like the MCs just kinda were "Oh you're sexy" and then there was some kissing and touching, but mostly to piss off Breck's brother, and then they were in love?

Otherwise the story was fun and exciting. 3.5 stars.
Kristina
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to come.
Kendra T
This was so cool!! I loved the concept of the story. 5 guys, mainly made up of criminals of some sort, are blackmailed and given tasks to complete as a last job for an ultimate con artist who has just passed away. They all don't trust each other and don't seem to really like each other, but they must all work together to get the tasks done. So clever and fun!

Steele was a great character. I loved his flirtiness and humor. Breck was a great match for Steele. I liked the slow but steady growth of t
Dieter Moitzi
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
Charlie Binhgam has earned loads of bucks gathering and selling illegally retrieved information. Now he’s dead. His lawyer, spry Miranda Bosley, invites five never-convicted mastermind criminals to his funeral. Not because Charlie’s last will was to be duly mourned, but because he wanted them to carry out several special missions. And if from his grave he has to resort to blackmail in order to make them comply—well, what’s a bit of blackmail to a man who’s earned his life with it. Especially now ...more
Megan
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mm-bi, re-read, romantic, sexy
Umm...YES. So much freaking YES about this book! There was drama, intrigue, captivating characters, snark and banter, humor, chemistry as a group, incredible steam as a couple, revenge on a truly monstrous human being, and captivating potential for the rest of the series. What more could I want?

Steele and Breck were a fantastic pairing. I enjoyed their dynamic, their banter, and their sexually charged interactions; they were addictive from the outset. The two of these men started out one way but
caroline wilson
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic and funny

I received this book by the authors and this is my honest opinion.
Group of conmen round a funeral, bad joke right? Nope just the brilliant start to a fantastic series😀
Well what a brilliant book it was and one I really enjoyed. It was entertaining with humour and that comedy factor but with subtle under tones of sadness. Full of action and intrigue and from this book you can tell its going to be a bit like opening Pandora box with secrets spilling out here and there and I'm loo
Beth
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved it!

Great first book in a promising new series. It’s sharp, it’s witty, it’s got drama and emotion and action. Evidently based on the premise of the tv shows Leverage (which I also loved) and Burn Notice (also a favorite) a group of criminals sets out to take on slimy, ostensibly untouchable bad guys, at the behest of a now deceased criminal who was an information broker. His lawyer brings the group together after his funeral to explain that if they help carry out these missio
Angie
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
  • Queer Magick (Queer Magick, #1)
  • The Sun Goes Down (Mitch Mitchell Mystery, #4)
  • Paulie
  • The Tinder Chronicles: Complete 3-Volume Series
  • Out For the Holidays
  • Bombs and Guacamole (Border Crossing, #1)
  • Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)
  • And Manny Makes Three
  • Not Fade Away (Hell or High Water, #3.5)
  • Slip (Low Blow, #2)
  • Blasphemy!
  • Unlawful (Freedom, #1)
  • Captain and First Mate (A Pirate's Life for Me, #1)
  • Death and Destruction (Death and Destruction, #1)
  • The Festivus Miracle
  • Stranded (Stranded, #1)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Pros & Cons (2 books)