Start by marking “Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons #1)” as Want to Read:
Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons #1)

Pros & Cons of Vengeance

(Pros & Cons #1)

FIVE JOBS. FIVE CHANCES FOR REDEMPTION. One thing’s for sure: these men are no angels.

There’s nothing like being blackmailed by a dead man to really bring a group of cons together. And what a group we are: a hacker, a thief, a con artist, a thug, and a Federal agent with an axe to grind. The deal is simple, we do the jobs and Charlie’s lawyer wipes the slate clean for ea
Published September 8th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Pros & Cons of Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pros & Cons of Vengeance

Start your review of Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons #1)
Gerbera_Reads
DNF at 55%

I really did try to like anything about this book. It's not a bad book it's just not for me. There was so much humor in it that after some time it started to sound like a high school drama or a frat house filled with horny men and not con artists on a mission. I could not take them seriously at all, and therefore I could not get into the book or the plot which in my opinion should have been addressed a little more seriously. Breck was just a smidgen away from annoying juvenile but real
☙ nemo ❧
this was an absolutely delectable tale of vengeance. there's nothing i like more than a good revenge plot! the characters were all fantastically multi-faceted, and i can't wait to see what they all get up to next in the next books!
fleurette
This story (and the whole series) has potential. Sorry to say it isn’t fully tapped.

Heist movies are definitely my favorite ones. And this book looks at first glance like a heist story. The group of cons with golden hearts is forced into making several schemes together. I totally don’t mind the unreality of the whole situation, because the premise is good and the characters are fascinating and likeable. Unfortunately, the sex scenes (though steaming hot) overwhelm the possible heist story. What
Eden Finley
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“I’m just a boy, kneeling on top of a boy… begging him to fuck me.”

Top read of 2018 for me! Loved it!

I want more.
Like right now.
Uh now.
*runs off to annoy May Archer and AE Wasp*
haletostilinski
Overall this was a fun and exciting read.

The story was pretty original, but also familiar in a way. It was fun and entertaining, and the romance wasn't bad either.

So it starts out at a funeral for this mysterious Charlie - who, when he gathered up this 4 criminals and the FBI agent, made me think of Charlie's Angels and this could not have been a coincidence okay haha - who was a really good theif himself.

He gathers these 5 together post mortem with the the help of his Lawyer, Miranda, he bla
Rach
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read books written previously by both authors.

I enjoyed this book. It had a bit of everything in it romance, action, humour. The characters in this book are Charlie who is deceased (brings are main five characters together), our mystery character at the start, Miranda, Josie (I loved her character), Leo, Ridge, Carson, Wesle and Steele. They all have different skills which brings made Charlie choose them and Breck and Danny also join the gang as well.

This is Steele's book, well his roma
ReadingAllNite
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, arc-read
4.5 Stars

I’m seeing lots of co-writing lately, so seeing a pair of authors, both of whom I like, I’m in and I really enjoyed this one. The prologue opens with an anonymous figure, a sixth man who isn’t part of the group nor part of the plot, at least not yet. The rest of the men are introduced and the terms and expectations of their “benefactor” are introduced. Character building is excellent right from the start and the first section of the book begins revealing the personalities and skills of
Skirmish
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
Book Reaction: https://neverhollowed.com/2019/09/11/...
Rating: 3.5 Stars – that place between like and love
Santy
Well this was certainly an enjoyable set up for what looks to be a fun series.

I loved all the characters and the MCs in this one. Although, I felt the love between these two was premature. Did I believe their chemistry? No doubt, Breck and Steele had boat loads of that which translated nicely in the bedroom but I didn't believe they were "in love". Nonetheless, I really enjoyed their book and the heist theme that run through it. I mean who doesn't love a good heist movie? I know I do.

Some things
~nikki the recovering book addict
DNF @ 40%

Ahhh... I was looking forward to this one. Both authors have written books I’ve enjoyed in the past, so this is rather unfortunate ☹️

Seeing all the 4 and 5 star ratings make me feel like the odd one out which I definitely am. But alas, no amount of wishing and praying will get me to magically love this book.

For all intents and purposes, the book is well written. No grammatical errors or anything. I guess I just didn’t click with the book? I swear I tried! I tried so hard!! 😩
Bora Noona
What a delightful book, I’m glad I have started this series and I’m bummed I can’t binge the whole thing cuz they aren’t all out yet. I thought it was particularly funny to have a Charlie and a Bosley. The only reason it didn’t get five stars is that the characters were kind of hard to get straight at the beginning. The very first few pages gives a cast list type thing, but I almost feel like that made it more confusing than just getting to know the characters through the story.
Nicole
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars...

The blurb drew me in instantly but the story left me wanting something different.

Five people of different skills attended Charlie’s funeral, not by their own volition but because they got blackmailed by Charlie. Charlie before he died gathered information about our 5 characters, of their past that they didn’t want to come out so they have no other choice but to do what Charlie wanted them to do.

There are some missions that they have to do, missions that Charlie did not get to finish
JenMcJ
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up. M/M Charlie's Angels. I mean, really, the guy that pulls the group together (in death, supposedly) is named Charlie and his accomplice is Miranda Bosley with her sidekick Josie for the assist and a phone voice that we haven't been clued into who it is yet. - they aren't even trying to distance themselves from the concept but outright embracing it.

Recycled tv concept or not, it's somewhat unique and I liked it a lot. I am looking forward to each story but I hope I like the
Gustaf
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meet-and-greet
I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical. But I loved it!
Insta love, humorous, a bit of action and absolutely amazing characters.
Claudia
WOW. this was a fun read and really, REALLY well done. It is always a joy to find such Gems as this one ... and it is very hard to find another good book after reading this one.

I loved the idea of the story and how it was done. Can't wait to get my hands on the other books
Addicted2M/M
I so need this book in audio. Ideally with Greg Boudreaux or Michael Leslie, because they kill it with the voices.

The relationship between Steele and Breck is...well, fun. And their first time together was downright charming. Loved this book and wish the others were already out. This cast of characters is going to take us on a heck of a ride--and I can't wait.
Karen
It’s Charlie’s Angels meets Mission Impossible with a little touch of the A-team thrown in for good measure…

and it’s all done in a very sexy and humorous way…

‘Pros & Cons of Vengeance’ was very reminiscent of shows/movies that were not only a part of my youth, but shows/movies that I loved to watch. While ‘Charlie’s Angels’ was the first of these shows to come to mind for me and for what I think is very obvious reasons…first we have the mysterious Charlie and while this Charlie is dead we ne
iam
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, unlimited
It all became clear to me at that moment what Charlie's ultimate motivation had been. These weren't personal vendettas or petty crimes he wanted to be solved. He wanted justice, the kind he couldn't get from inside the system.

It was the premise for this new series that immediately drew me in: a group of high profile criminals being blackmailed into doing a bunch of big jobs together.
Even better when the big jobs entail completely screwing over some really horrible people.

And what a team to
Leslie
I wanted to love this book but ended up just liking it. The beginning started off strong for me. The latter half was not as good and got a bit ridiculous. There was also far too much insta love for my liking. However, this is not an all negative review.

I really liked seeing the merry band of misfits come together. Here are five men thrown together who don’t trust each other and couldn’t be more different. All have secrets they want kept and all have to live and work together until their tasks a
Micah
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
DNF. Really wanted to finish this book especially since 1 of the main characters is Cuban & books in this genre that have non white characters are few & far between. But honestly I couldn’t. The beginning of this book is funny. I thought it was gonna be a cool James Bond type of story, but once i got deeper into the story, every character in the book just whined. And whined. And then whined some more. And I don’t get or understand insta love stories so as soon as that occurred I lost interest ...more
DeeNeez
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt, free-read, 2019, sh-2019
I found a new series I’m in love with! A group of dubious guys, being blackmailed into working missions/cons to right some wrongs. All lead by a mysterious voice, Mr X “Al”. Shades of Charlie’s Angel’s here. Each and every one of the 5 members are so well developed, the interaction is so snarky, I am rooting for them all.

This first mission brings the team together. This is seeking vengeance and justice, the kind that they couldn’t get from inside the legal system against a corrupt politician Re
Jill
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 Stars!!

I highly enjoyed this one! Can’t wait to read the rest of the series!
Mari  Cardenas
Story: 4.5 Stars!

Narration: 3.5 Stars!

Overall: 4 Stars!

This series was one of my favorites last year and listening to the first two books in preparation for the release of the third book was something I was looking forward to. The thing is, while I loved listening Pros & Cons of Vengeance almost as much as I loved reading it the first time around, I had a bit of a problem with the narration. This is the first time I've listened to a dual performance and my first time listening to either Tor Thom
Laura  H
It took a while for me to get into this book, but i will admit to falling in love with the characters and their interactions are a lot of fun. A variety of personalities and talents that go together so well, i really liked seeing the plot develop and their plans were great.

The romance between Steele & Breck is pretty insta and while obvious attraction, growing chemistry and connection throughout. With some steamy scenes and learning about the others history. It still fell to the side for me com
Sunne
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've already reread this book once now. Actually, I saw the third book being released and since it had been a while I wanted to update myself. I also remembered that I enjoyed the book.

Now - this is the gay mix of Leverage and Charlie's angels - criminals (who are actually not really bad guys) are kind of "forced" to an alliance by Charlie (who is actually dead). The goal is to right the wrong - to bring down the really bad guys.
The mix of "talents" - of course all gay or bi - is nicely done, t
Jennie
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlie manipulates five men to attend his funeral. They are compelled to complete a few last jobs for Charlie after his death.. All to be handled by his lawyer and an interested party.
"They're here because Charlie has dirt on them, because you invited them, and because I threatened to expose them if they didn't show up and play nice."
The witty, fun dialogue drew me in right from the beginning.
"You're continued existence make me question the whole survival of the fittest thing."
"I'm pretty sure
Marion
DNF @ 68%
I tried. I’m not in the right mood for this book. I’m hoping to come back at a later date.
Sali
I LOVED it.
Love the premises, love the idea behing it. It's fun, exciting.
All the guys have their own personnality, their one speciality. They are not children.
The MC are good together. They talked to each other. The sex is hot.
I can't wait for more!!!!!
Kristina
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first A.E Wasp novel and I cannot begin to tell y’all how much I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was exciting, the characters were sassy, and the bad guy was truly an ass. When I read the synopsis I was like, ‘OK this sounds good’, but when I started reading it I was like, ‘Holy amazeballs. This is Leverage in book form!’ I loved that show and this definitely had me imagining a couple characters from there.

Steele is the first of the group to get his “mission” and I really liked his approac
Cee Brown
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
♥.•*¨)☆♡¸.•*´¨)☆♡¸.•♥*´¨)☆♡♥
♡☆(¸.•♥´Someone said it best, this was like watching a romanticized version of "Ocean's Eleven".

This was supposed to be a reprieve, something to tide me over. These two authors brought life. I am kicking this to my number two romantic suspense of the year. I cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of the books in this series.

The characters:

Charlie - world-renowned thief and information broker, recently deceased
Ridge Pfeiffer - professional thief
Castille Alverez - ex
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Deadly Lover (Exit Strategy #1)
  • Sadistic Sherlock (Ward Security, #4)
  • The Fall (Love in O'Leary #1)
  • Remote Access (Thick as Thieves, #1)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Risk Assessment (Cabrini Law #1)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Murder Aforethought (Cabrini Law #2)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • Partnership (Covert Affairs #1)
  • Snowball's Chance (Ice and Snow Christmas #3)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • Vengeful Lover (Exit Strategy #2)
After time spent raising children, earning several college degrees, and traveling the world with the U.S. State Department, she is returning to her first love - writing.

A dreamer and an idealist, Amy writes about people finding connection in a world that can seem lonely and magic in a world than can seem all too mundane. She invites readers into her characters’ lives and worlds when they are their

Pros & Cons (5 books)
  • Pros & Cons of Deception (Pros & Cons, #2)
  • Pros & Cons of Desire (Pros & Cons, #3)
  • Pros & Cons of Betrayal (Pros & Cons #4)
  • Pros & Cons of Obsession (Pros & Cons, #5)

News & Interviews