Start by marking “Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry

Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry

An electrifying new thriller from “Queen of Suspense” Mary Higgins Clark!

When investigative journalist Gina Kane receives an email from a “CRyan” describing her “terrible experience” while working at REL, a high-profile television news network, including the comment “and I’m not the only one,” Gina knows she has to pursue the story. But when Ryan goes silent, Gina is
Published November 5th 2019 by Simon Schuster

Start your review of Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
Kay Griffin
People - PLEASE don't rate books you haven't read! This site has enough trouble with legitimacy.
Sara
Nov 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
I made it 85 pages kids.

85 dull as dirt, utterly boring, plodding, pointless pages in which nothing happened. Reading those 85 pages felt like when I was seventeen and trying to slog my way through Heart of Darkness (incidentally the one and only time I resorted to Cliff's Notes for a school assignment).

Some woman who was about to expose some guy for sexually harassing her is maybe murdered (she was murdered) before she can expose him. Some really, really terrible freelance journalist thinks
Gigi Thrasher
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, the truth is I haven’t read it yet. I’m trying so hard to save it for my Christmas vacation but it’s been sitting there since Tuesday (I preordered it LAST November bc well it’s MHC!) and it’s just taunting me. Like, you know you want to read me...Who needs a clean house? Why would you wait another month when I’m here now? Look, I’m already unwrapped. Ughhh MHC you’re messing with my mind! Lol.

I know it’ll be five stars. It’s always 5 stars. I’ve been reading her since 1989. I’ve read the
Eunice Brownlee
Nov 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Donna
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

In New York, Gina Kane is an investigative journalist. In Part 1, she received an email from a woman who wanted to tell of her horrible experience at work. After trying with no luck to reach the emailer, Gina learns that the woman died in the last few days in a jet ski accident in Aruba. Gina travels to Aruba to investigate. She's being watched and doesn't know it.

Part II deals with 2 years prior to this death. An attorney found out about sexual misconduct in a corporation and sets
Selah Pike
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Where was the suspense? Why was there so much product placement? Why were all the secondary storylines just opportunities for Clark to express her opinions on modern society? And don’t get me started on the resolution ...more
Susan Snodgrass
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Mary Higgins Clark! She never disappoints and I have been reading her since her first book.
Cora
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have loved all of Mary Higgins Clark's other books but this one just wasn't the same. I still like that she doesn't use bad words or include any sex scenes, that is something I have appreciated in all her other books. This one just seemed to lack excitement and the slower parts seemed bogged down with the details that weren't that interesting or that important. I was very excited to read this book but it was just okay... which is disappointing because her other books are great. Overall, I ...more
Cindy Thorsen
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great book but the ending felt rushed. I would have enjoyed a little more detail about what happened.
Bonnie.rabinowitxgmail.com
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first Mary Higgins Clark book. I like to read mysteries when I can’t guess the end. I couldn’t guess the end.
PWA Allen
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable story. The attention to detail is what draws me to this author's books. The background of the victims made their story more personal. There's abusive behavior, cover ups, murder, greed. Gina is an investigative writer that doesn't give up til she has the whole truth. It's sad to wonder just how many times this actually happens in real life. The author did a great job of shedding light on an ongoing problem while making it such an interesting story.
My only problem is I
Mark
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as much a mystery, but rather a story of a Bill O'Reilly-ish/FoxNews-ish "#MeToo" expose developed and fleshed out by freelance investigative reporter Gina Kane as she looks into a fellow alum's mysterious death...Gina has a few interesting personal issues that pad the pages and add a few twists here & there to keep me turning the pages...So-so thriller!
Shelly Itkin
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Ms Clark and read almost all of her former books. This is definitely one of the best she has ever written and is definitely deserving of five stars.

When Gina Kane a freelance journalist get an email from a former Boston University student she is made away of some "terrible experiences" that have happened to and are still taking place at REL, a high profile new station. Move over Harvey Weinstein, Roger Ailes and Matt Lauer as we are about to learn about a new "trusted
Barbara Schultz
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: love-this-author
3.5 I am a BIG Mary Higgins Clark fan. This is my 47th novel.
Story is another “Me Too” situation ~ unfortunately there seems to be a big run on these stories ~ true they are sad but really not entertaining. This one sounds a lot like the Matt Lauer situation ~ MHC is the “Queen of Suspense” therefore, we know there is going just might be a few dead bodies.
I liked Gina and was curious
I remember the “old days” when stories were scary and I could NEVER figure out whodunit!
Although somewhat
Neelam Babul
Nov 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I have read books by Mary Higgins Clark before and they have been great mystery stories. This is a story with a great plot but it really is not her best work.

Gina Kane is an investigative journalist. In Part 1 of the story, she receives an email from a woman wanting to tell her of a horrible experience at her workplace. After trying extremely hard with no luck in reaching the emailer, Gina learns that the woman died in the last few days in a jet ski accident in Aruba. Gina travels to Aruba to
Shelley Lawrence
3.75 star
This was an entertaining and timely mystery circling around the Me Too movement and the corruption and unbridled greed often found within the workplace. The story has well-vetted, flawed characters who were fleshed out with satisfying detail and a layered mystery full of complexities.

I find Ms. Clark’s stories to not necessarily be anything particularly outstanding or highly unusual, but still well-written and interestingly plotted, and though the conclusion is not surprising, it is
Debra Belmudes
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a long-time fan of Mary Higgins Clark. After 20+ years, her work is just a fresh and exciting as ever! 'Kiss the Girls...' is a thriller about a me-too situation at a TV news show that evolves into pay-offs and murder and an investigative journalist that won't stop pursuing the truth!
Helen Drake
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As usual, Mary Higgins Clark has written another page turner, that is time,y based on news events! I enjoyed the story and trying to figure out who was the murderer. Although I wasn’t sure who it was, when the reveal came, I wasn’t surprised. I really like the main character.
Emily
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
This did not read like a Mary Higgins Clark book. She may have written the ending but the middle was definitely written by someone else. I didn’t like it, too contrived as it tried to mimic the Me Too movement.
Hannah’s Library
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Another excellent Mary Higgins Clark thriller!

This one deals with the incredibly timely topic of sexual harassment in the workplace, specifically when it is being committed by a top TV news anchor against young female employees. The story is divided into three parts, with part two focusing solely on how the TV company lawyers/CEO struggle to keep the scandal under wraps. My only complaint if it could be called that was that part two went into so much detail that it was just a bit too long (100+
Judy Frey
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love suspense books, and she’s the master. I’ve read all 45 of her books. Never tire of her work, but this is definitely one of her very best!!
Melissa A.S.
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
It's a nice, predictable novel. Mary Higgins Clark did her best to include the Me Too movement into her formula, yet I'm not sure it works here. The plot felt a bit frivolous as if we should have been only interested in the killer instead of the victim, and some characters were unnecessary.
RosePayan
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a Classic Higgins Clark

This was unlike all the other books I have read by this author and I have read them all. Not as fast paced. Not in the wit and style of Mary Higgins Clark
The Book Whisperer (aka Boof)
Mary Higgins Clark is one of only a few authors whose work I will read without ever looking at the synopsis. She never lets me down.
Paula Brandon
Back when Mary Higgins Clark's Daddy's Gone A Hunting was released, it was clear that Mary was losing her mojo. The supposed main character was barely on page. Every chapter would introduce a new character, and their internal monologues would fly off on several different tangents, with first person thoughts and third person actions, making things confusing. Said tangents had nothing to do with the main story. I figured it was understandable: after all, Mary was in her 80s by then.

My introduction
Ekta
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
A reporter follows her hunch when a woman approaches her about misconduct in the workplace. Despite the fact that her first source on the story disappears, the reporter persists in her efforts even as she comes closer to elements that put her life in danger. Veteran mystery author Mary Higgins Clark offers her take on the MeToo movement in the well-meaning but overly quaint novel Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry.

While on vacation with her father, New York City freelancer Gina Kane can’t stop
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
Gina Kane is a freelance investigative journalist chasing a huge story. But as time passes, so much has happened, and she doesn’t know who will ultimately publish it. Gina has a stellar reputation in her field, and is both a clever and resourceful person. She makes a good living and uses her smarts to every advantage. Her newest assignment is a #MeToo piece that needs a great deal of background information and research, which is her most salable asset in addition to her gifted writing.

Gina knows
Leigh
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In her latest book Mary Higgins Clark takes on the Me Too movement. Investigative journalist Gina Kane gets an email from a C Ryan saying that she had a terrible experience working at a news organization. Unfortunately Gina is about to head on vacation in Nepal with her father and is unable to respond immediately. After returning from her trip she has not heard from her source. She pitches the story and gets the green light to proceed. She discovers that C Ryan is Cathy Ryan and that was killed ...more
Alasandra Alawine
Dec 02, 2019 rated it liked it
The first half of the book was OK toward the end it started falling apart so I only gave it 3 stars.

With the #MeToo movement hot news it was only a matter of time before it became the subject of numerous books here is another one, that is better than most.

TV's favorite anchorman is molesting women at work. A hot short attorney comes up with a scheme to profit from getting them to take low ball settlements from REL and someone is killing the women who don't take the settlements.

Enter our intrepid
Samantha
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s a somebody I’m longin’ to see

I hope that he turns out to be

Someone who’ll watch over me

I’m not sure where this leads but, wow! Another A+ from the Mystery and Suspense Queen, Ms Mary Higgins-Clark!

She always keeps me guessing and curious till the end and then she puts some twists and turns into it.

How does this woman continue to thrill and keep us excited about her books is a secret I’ll never know.

This thriller introduces sexual assault, murder and mystery mayhem follows the main
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 16 Nov 10, 2019 09:41PM

• The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Child's Play
  • Noel Street
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • The Guardians
  • Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • Stealth (Stone Barrington, #51)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Let It Snow
  • Spy
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • The Shape of Night
  • The Dark Side
  • The Inn
  • Spirit of the Season
  • Outfox
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol ...more