Start by marking “Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry

Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry

An electrifying new thriller from “Queen of Suspense” Mary Higgins Clark!

When investigative journalist Gina Kane receives an email from a “CRyan” describing her “terrible experience” while working at REL, a high-profile television news network, including the comment “and I’m not the only one,” Gina knows she has to pursue the story. But when Ryan goes silent, Gina is sh
Published November 5th 2019 by Simon Schuster

Start your review of Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
Susan Snodgrass
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Mary Higgins Clark! She never disappoints and I have been reading her since her first book.
Bonnie.rabinowitxgmail.com
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first Mary Higgins Clark book. I like to read mysteries when I can’t guess the end. I couldn’t guess the end.
PWA Allen
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable story. The attention to detail is what draws me to this author's books. The background of the victims made their story more personal. There's abusive behavior, cover ups, murder, greed. Gina is an investigative writer that doesn't give up til she has the whole truth. It's sad to wonder just how many times this actually happens in real life. The author did a great job of shedding light on an ongoing problem while making it such an interesting story.
My only problem
Eunice Brownlee
Nov 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelly Itkin
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Ms Clark and read almost all of her former books. This is definitely one of the best she has ever written and is definitely deserving of five stars.

When Gina Kane a freelance journalist get an email from a former Boston University student she is made away of some "terrible experiences" that have happened to and are still taking place at REL, a high profile new station. Move over Harvey Weinstein, Roger Ailes and Matt Lauer as we are about to learn about a new "trus
Shelley Lawrence
3.75 star
This was an entertaining and timely mystery circling around the Me Too movement and the corruption and unbridled greed often found within the workplace. The story has well-vetted, flawed characters who were fleshed out with satisfying detail and a layered mystery full of complexities.

I find Ms. Clark’s stories to not necessarily be anything particularly outstanding or highly unusual, but still well-written and interestingly plotted, and though the conclusion is not surprising, it
Debra Belmudes
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a long-time fan of Mary Higgins Clark. After 20+ years, her work is just a fresh and exciting as ever! 'Kiss the Girls...' is a thriller about a me-too situation at a TV news show that evolves into pay-offs and murder and an investigative journalist that won't stop pursuing the truth!
Judy Frey
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love suspense books, and she’s the master. I’ve read all 45 of her books. Never tire of her work, but this is definitely one of her very best!!
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
Gina Kane is a freelance investigative journalist chasing a huge story. But as time passes, so much has happened, and she doesn’t know who will ultimately publish it. Gina has a stellar reputation in her field, and is both a clever and resourceful person. She makes a good living and uses her smarts to every advantage. Her newest assignment is a #MeToo piece that needs a great deal of background information and research, which is her most salable asset in addition to her gifted writing.
Leigh
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In her latest book Mary Higgins Clark takes on the Me Too movement. Investigative journalist Gina Kane gets an email from a C Ryan saying that she had a terrible experience working at a news organization. Unfortunately Gina is about to head on vacation in Nepal with her father and is unable to respond immediately. After returning from her trip she has not heard from her source. She pitches the story and gets the green light to proceed. She discovers that C Ryan is Cathy Ryan and that was killed ...more
Gigi Thrasher
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, the truth is I haven’t read it yet. I’m trying so hard to save it for my Christmas vacation but it’s been sitting there since Tuesday (I preordered it LAST November bc well it’s MHC!) and it’s just taunting me. Like, you know you want to read me...Who needs a clean house? Why would you wait another month when I’m here now? Look, I’m already unwrapped. Ughhh MHC you’re messing with my mind! Lol.

I know it’ll be five stars. It’s always 5 stars. I’ve been reading her since 1989. I’ve read the
Samantha
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s a somebody I’m longin’ to see

I hope that he turns out to be

Someone who’ll watch over me

I’m not sure where this leads but, wow! Another A+ from the Mystery and Suspense Queen, Ms Mary Higgins-Clark!

She always keeps me guessing and curious till the end and then she puts some twists and turns into it.

How does this woman continue to thrill and keep us excited about her books is a secret I’ll never know.

This thriller intr
Donna
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

In New York, Gina Kane is an investigative journalist. In Part 1, she received an email from a woman who wanted to tell of her horrible experience at work. After trying with no luck to reach the emailer, Gina learns that the woman died in the last few days in a jet ski accident in Aruba. Gina travels to Aruba to investigate. She's being watched and doesn't know it.

Part II deals with 2 years prior to this death. An attorney found out about sexual misconduct in a corporation
Michele A.
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Gina finds herself working through a new freelance assignment that brings more questions than answers at first. She begins investigating a news organization after receiving an e-mail that indicates the sender and others had a bad experience there. She gets her boss to approve her new assignment and begins doing the research. When it becomes apparent that the person who sent her the e-mail had something unfortunate happen to them, she begins digging for more information. The story was pretty rele ...more
Cora
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have loved all of Mary Higgins Clark's other books but this one just wasn't the same. I still like that she doesn't use bad words or include any sex scenes, that is something I have appreciated in all her other books. This one just seemed to lack excitement and the slower parts seemed bogged down with the details that weren't that interesting or that important. I was very excited to read this book but it was just okay... which is disappointing because her other books are great. Overall, I woul ...more
Cosette
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mary Higgins Clark still reigns as the queen of suspense. I have been a fan for many years, but had not read one of her books in ages. I won my copy through Goodreads Giveaway. I love her writing style of short chapters and page turning drama. Although this was a current topic, Clark keeps it clean. If you like suspense and not the gory details, this book is for you. I will catch up on the books I have missed the last few years.
Barbara
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the latest Higgins book dealing with Gina, a reporter, who gets involved in researching a story of a Me-Too situation. The problems of signing a non-disclosure agreement led to problems for Gina's getting to the truth and to murder for those who wouldn't sign. I think I read the last 100 pages in one sitting!
Mark
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as much a mystery, but rather a story of a Bill O'Reilly-ish/FoxNews-ish "#MeToo" expose developed and fleshed out by freelance investigative reporter Gina Kane as she looks into a fellow alum's mysterious death...Gina has a few interesting personal issues that pad the pages and add a few twists here & there to keep me turning the pages...So-so thriller!
Robin
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first section of this book feels more the her daughter's (Carol Higgins Clark) than Mary Higgins Clark. I have read all of both author's books and there IS a difference.

Once I got past that section I didn't see quite so many things that made me think of Carol's style. The story overall, was enjoyable and timely.
Amy
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry unleashes The Queen of Suspense's latest thriller. Investigative reporter, Gina Kane unlocks a Me Too cover up at a leading networking. Young women are being victimized due to an anchorman's actions. When Kane threatens to write an exposé, she may have signed her own death warrant.
Michele Hermansen
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, audio
This book was timely (MeToo movement very sad). Though well-written, it contained a couple of descriptive elements whose style were unnecessary and not typical of a MHC book. She’s still my favorite suspense author, but I am glad I don’t own this one.
Kathy Church
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

I really enjoy reading Mary Higgins Clark books. They are so fast paced. Once you start reading you can't put it down. The characters in this book are so good you can't help but want to be Gina's friend. Loved the ending.
Miranda
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Cindy Tino
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another good one

I have read every book written by Mary Higgins Clark. I have never been disappointed. Her story line captures the reader from the start. Hope the books continue to come.
Melissa A.S.
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
It's a nice, predictable novel. Mary Higgins Clark did her best to include the Me Too movement into her formula, yet I'm not sure it works here. The plot felt a bit frivolous as if we should have been only interested in the killer instead of the victim, and some characters were unnecessary.
RosePayan
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not a Classic Higgins Clark

This was unlike all the other books I have read by this author and I have read them all. Not as fast paced. Not in the wit and style of Mary Higgins Clark
Sandy
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fan since the 1970s, this book is timely, linking current events in a page turning mystery that held my interest throughout and did not disappoint. A great vacation book.
Nancy Ruuhela
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy books by Mary Higgins Clark when I want an entertaining and easy to read book,
Mary
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - always a good read by MHC!
Lisa
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome book! An absorbing, exciting page turner!!! Loved it!!!
Goodreads Librari...: Please correct page count 2 15 Nov 10, 2019 09:41PM

• The Fortieth Birthday Body (Susan Henshaw, #2)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • A Simple Country Murder: A 1940s Cotswolds Mystery (Helen Lightholder,#1)
  • Criss Cross (Alex Cross, #27)
  • Ice Cold Heart (Monkeewrench, #10)
  • Fatal Cajun Festival: A Cajun Country Mystery
  • Murder on All Hallows: A Violet Carlyle Historical Mystery (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries Book 15)
  • Murder in the Balcony
  • Murder by the Sea: A Violet Carlyle Cozy Historical Mystery (The Violet Carlyle Mysteries Book 14)
  • Mydworth Mysteries - A Little Night Murder (A Cosy Historical Mystery Series Book 2)
  • A House of Ghosts
  • A Conspiracy of Bones (Temperance Brennan #19)
  • Quantum (Captain Chase #1)
  • Murder in Black Tie
  • Murder on Eaton Square (A Ginger Gold Mystery, #10)
  • Twisted at the Root
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Haunting in the Hallway (The Inn at Holiday Bay #5)
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more