Start by marking “Reina roja (Antonia Scott, #1)” as Want to Read:
Reina roja (Antonia Scott, #1)

Reina roja

(Antonia Scott #1)

4.10  ·  Rating details ·  12,293 ratings  ·  1,841 reviews
NO HAS CONOCIDO A NADIE COMO ELLA

Antonia Scott es especial. Muy especial.

No es policía ni criminalista. Nunca ha empuñado un arma ni llevado una placa, y, sin embargo, ha resuelto decenas de crímenes.

Pero hace un tiempo que Antonia no sale de su ático de Lavapiés. Las cosas que ha perdido le importan mucho más que las que esperan ahí fuera.

Tampoco recibe visitas. Por eso n
Hardcover, La Trama, 568 pages
Published November 8th 2018 by Ediciones B

To ask other readers questions about Reina roja, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Helena Creo que no has entendido muy bien el final. Sandra Fajardo no es quien dice ser, parece que tiene que ver con un viejo enemigo de Antonia, el Señor W…moreCreo que no has entendido muy bien el final. Sandra Fajardo no es quien dice ser, parece que tiene que ver con un viejo enemigo de Antonia, el Señor White, pero el escritor deja el final abierto porque hay un segundo libro.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Helena The identity of the murderer is still to be discovered in the second book.

·  12,293 ratings  ·  1,841 reviews

Start your review of Reina roja (Antonia Scott, #1)
Pablo Estévez
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly addictive.
Not recommended if you have some task to complete!
This book can spoil your social life for 2 days.
It's a great adventures novel.
Angel 一匹狼
Jul 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book has so many plot holes/things that make no sense that I don't know where to start. So let's make a list:

(view spoiler)
Ann
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, spanish
A 500+ page Spanish book that I read in 2 days (one of them containing a 9 hour flight). The book was relatively easy to read because it's written in the present tense (no tricky verb forms) and there are no flights of literary fancy. I think there was some slang used here and there - some expressions did not pop up on my iphone dictionary - but I was able to follow the story. I think the author has hit on a good formula here, and I can see how this will become a popular series (and it's gotten ...more
Anna Maria Ballester Bohn
Well. It's not high literature, but the sense of humour (sometimes too much of it) is somewhat redeaming. I don't read a lot of thrillers, so I don't know how it compares to others, but it did hold my attention enough to finish it in a couple of days. I started reading it because I'm interested in detectives that are slightly psychopathic themselves. I can't say the charecters were as memorable as, say, some of those of in Millenium (oops, maybe I do read thrillers), but I also can say that I'll ...more
Anna Serra i Vidal
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was ok
It's a quick and forgettable read made of different tropes we've seen a thousand times. I liked how the author builds the sentences, but it doesn't deliver in the end.
In a thriller the bad guy needs to be even more complete than the hero and it's not the case. Yes, I know there are a second and a third instalments, but each one needs its own baddie with its own motivations. I think he tried to do here, what Dolores Redondo does with her El Baztán trilogy, but she gets a complete villain in each
Juan Carlos
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
1st book I have read from this author. I enjoyed it from beginning to the end. I have already bought another book from him. I can’t stop reading.
Louise
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
A good read, set in the Madrid area with interesting protagonists. The plot was absorbing enough and the setting realistically described, but the concept of a secret investigative force relying on one super-intelligent, troubled woman was pretty ridiculous.
Inna Hermelo
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easy to read, very intriguing, interesting and I would agree with reading community- it’s highly addictive.
Horrendous crime scenes, power, personal dilemmas, special’ super-secret police efforts, challenging crimes and constant danger.

I enjoyed the book because I thought it was a good combination - of the characters and the pace was rapid enough to keep me reading with excitement.

Recommended for people who want to read in Spanish - it was my second book in Spanish and it went through just fine
CFT
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I has been a while since a book trapped me like this one. Non stop intrigue, unexpected plot twist, love the characters and their dialogs. It also has a lot of referencies to popular Spanish music, like poems, sayings and songs, which as an expat Spaniard I really appreciate. I started reading another book after finishing Reina Roja, but I had to come back to their world, so here I'm ,now reading Loba negra.
Booker
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is the most overrated book I've read. It's not a thriller, it's more in the super-hero genre.

There's nothing original about the protagonist. Other books have been written about a super intelligent woman who has super powers. And the story seems a parody.

Also, I don't like the way the author writes. His prose is lazy, his metaphors are silly and he's not funny. He repeats the "he's not fat" joke every chapter. It gets old after the second time, and I usually like jokes about fat morons.
Oriol Rodriguez
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book.
Contains great vocabulary to make the reading of this book more fluid and enjoyable, the message and overall plot suit excellently the well developed characters who play a key role in making the reader smirk without noticing and also forcing an empathy for both in every page and in every new problem that pops up between both.
Fresh and bold, definitely not your ordinary detective novel.
Vicente
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The narrative is smart and easy to read. The author mixes the intrigue of the story along with the history of the characters so that at no time in the book you can allow yourself to disengage.

I strongly recommend it for Sherlock Holmes, mystery addicts and police stories fans (and Batman: The dark knight huge fans ;))

Congratulations to Juan Gomez-Jurado!
Ivonne
Jul 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a complicated thriller, narrated with humor, even in its hardest points, which can be off-putting. But Antonia Scott, and, especially, Jon Gutiérrez, the former police detective, are a great pair (not a couple, for really cool reasons). Creative and innovative definitely a great read, if you enjoy the genre.
Ofelia
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed every moment I spent reading this novel. It is a great option if you love mistery and noir detective novels. It is full of references to language which enriched the development of the plot. Many details that make you love the main characters. It took me long to read but it is so catchy that it can be read in a good weekend marathon. I strongly recommend this novel.
Alvaro Alonso
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this novel, worth the time you spend reading it.

As the author asked for I will not comment anything about the plot, I will just say give it a try, Antonia Scott is frankly an interesting character to know about.
Gustavo Aguirre
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the characters, you can really know them by all the descriptions given by the author, also like a lot the realistic style on the narrative. This was my first Juan Gómez-Jurado book, I'm becoming a fan. Totally recommended!
Marta
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Highly addictive, not only by the captivating story and intrigue but the empathy the author manage to create with the main caracthers from page 1. The narrative it's accurate but light in the way you never get tired or reading it. I'm definitely reading other books from the author
Claudia
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The novel is wonderful. The author has a way of writing that makes reading easy and bearable. The characters are very well characterized and does not include many descriptions, which I can't stand them. The action hooks you and the plot is addictive. Very good book. Thanks to the writer.
david souto rial
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing.
James
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book of Juan Gomez-Jurado period. The last pages of the book are surprising. I dont make a spoiler but you have to read
Elena
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book. It makes you stay until the last page on alert. I'm already waiting for the contribution.
Jorge Gómez
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Intriguing history from start to finish. Good characters that complement eachother, fast paced rithym that makes you want to read it without stoping.
silvia l sanchez
Very entertaining!

Hadn’t read a book like this in a while, non stop till the end. Keeps you in suspense the entire time
Naomi
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Review soon
Castor Duran
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First book that I read from Juan Gomez Jurado and I have to say that it was amazing, you can't stop reading. Long time ago since I had have this feeling.
Adriana R
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing
Isabel
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic, the best book that I've ever read
Sarah Blair
Feb 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Not my favorite genre, but got me hooked a third of the way through. Good read / listen for authentic material en español if you want to practice your Spanish.
Elena
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, frenetic and thrilling. Once you start reading it you can’t stop. Highly recommended!!
Mónica López
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In love with the stories of Juan GJ from the very beggining. Adictive saga.
Novela Policial, ...: Febrero 2020 / Reina Roja 13 50 May 17, 2020 05:43AM

• La Red Púrpura (Elena Blanco, #2)
  • La novia gitana (Elena Blanco, #1)
  • La nena (Elena Blanco, #3)
  • La chica de nieve
  • La cara norte del corazón
  • Tierra
  • Terra Alta
  • Los señores del tiempo (La trilogía de La ciudad blanca, #3)
  • El día que se perdió la cordura
  • Todo lo que sucedió con Miranda Huff
  • El silencio de la ciudad blanca (La trilogía de La ciudad blanca, #1)
  • Los ritos del agua (La trilogía de La ciudad blanca, #2)
  • Un cuento perfecto
  • El día que se perdió el amor
  • La danza de los tulipanes
  • El enigma de la habitación 622
  • El guardián invisible (Trilogía del Baztán #1)
  • Yo, Julia (Julia Domna #1)
Juan Gómez-Jurado (December 1977 Madrid, Spain) is an award winning journalist and bestselling author. He is one of the three most successful contemporary Spanish authors along with New York Times bestselling authors Javier Sierra and Carlos Ruiz Zafón. In 2016, Juan celebrated the mark of 6 million readers worldwide.

Juan is the author of six international bestselling novels: GOD’S SPY, THE MOSES

Antonia Scott (3 books)
  • Loba negra (Antonia Scott, #2)
  • Rey blanco (Antonia Scott #3)

News & Interviews

“Que para eso nos manda el universo las señales, para que hagamos con ellas lo que nos convenga.” 3 likes
“Faayalo zweegbe. —Sólo aquel que va en busca del agua puede romper el cántaro.” 2 likes