Start by marking “One Nation Under Gods” as Want to Read:
One Nation Under Gods

One Nation Under Gods

The war raged for five years.

When the smoke cleared the United States was a memory, conquered by a race unlike the world had ever seen.

They are the Specials—a godlike race gifted with powers so cataclysmic that the human survivors of the war had no choice but to surrender to their invincible overlords.

But Houston Holt doesn't surrender.

A war veteran turned underworld f
Published June 22nd 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about One Nation Under Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Nation Under Gods

Start your review of One Nation Under Gods
Bharat Krishnan
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a pure delight from start to finish. Ray is able to paint a picture that captures all the worst elements of humanity – namely its bigotry and pettiness. This world’s scope is so vast that you can’t imagine how all the threads are interwoven, but they are and the payoff is satisfying. The length of most fantasy novels hold them back from true greatness, but in this case it is well warranted. I found myself comparing the book at different times to The Grace of Kings in terms of its e ...more
Stuthi Iyer
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved that this novel had so many perspectives that merged at different points. This also meant there were numerous characters that all had to be well-developed. In my opinion, this made the text slightly difficult to follow; there was too much to remember. BUT, each plot was complex and captivating. The emotion was thick and I enjoyed the fact that Katya and Houston didn't have to be romantically involved--perhaps this could've appealed to some readers...I also liked how the vignette at the b ...more
Sandra L. Sorensen
More back story

I liked this story, the idea of it, and the characters, but I confess to being confused most of the time as to who were the good guys, and who was working for who. I would have liked more on how the world got so screwed up, and more backstory of characters, such as Sixkills, the father. He is talked about, but doesn’t seem to do much in the present time. I have not read the first book by this author, but I plan to. I hope this review helps with future stories.
Ryvaut
Jul 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like reading books from first time authors, and this story kept me entertained. A lot of world-building and mythology was developed for this story, and the effort pays off. There were some weaknesses in the prose, and a lot of the action scenes were hard to get through. Otherwise, well worth the read.
Stephen
May 01, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cool idea. Poor cast.

What I liked:
- interesting world
- decent action, albeit rear loaded

What I didn’t like
- no characters too root for. In fact some of them were pretty awful.
- plot line was pretty boring.
- General lack of hook.
- Long for the content

The book could have been much better if the characters were not so average. The basics are there.
Mini Roy
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dystopian political adventure where the action keeps coming from all directions. Ray creates a cast of complex characters with complicated back stories and motivations. Intrigued to see the sequel..!
David
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Took A Chance; Not Disappointed At All

Good, long read. Intricate plot, good character development. Enjoyed reading it and did so in just a few sittings. 600+ pages is nice, I’m tired of short reads. Looking forward to the sequel.
Patrick
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely excellent.
Dylan Keane
The idea of the novel was interesting, but it fell flat for me. The pacing felt a bit off, and the world just didn't draw me in. ...more
Kalab Frisby

• A Warning
  • Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
  • The Book of Zelph: Another Testament of the Book of Mormon
  • The Beautiful Poetry of Donald Trump
  • The Teeth of the Tiger (Jack Ryan Universe, #12)
  • One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church
  • Open Water Swimming
  • There are No Children Here: The Story of Two Boys Growing Up in the Other America
  • Moonlight Banishes Shadows (The Infinite World, #3)
  • The First Girl Child
  • Along the Razor's Edge (The War Eternal, #1)
  • Inca Gold (Dirk Pitt, #12)
  • The Golden Lion (Courtney, #14)
  • Adjustment Day
  • The Sex Lives of Cannibals: Adrift in the Equatorial Pacific
  • Cave of Bones (Leaphorn & Chee #22)
  • Written in the Stars

News & Interviews

Ciannon Smart has been holed up in her England home since the pandemic began a year ago, but by no means has she been idle. She’s been on...