Start by marking “Fae of Fortune (Seattle Paranormal Police Department #1)” as Want to Read:
Fae of Fortune (Seattle Paranormal Police Department #1)

Fae of Fortune

(Seattle Paranormal Police Department #1)

Half fae. Half mage. All trouble.

Savannah Sage always wanted to be a cop in the Paranormal Police Department. As a half fae, she has plenty to prove. Being placed in charge of the department’s rejects wasn’t exactly what she had in mind.

With a neurotic werewolf, a vampire who thinks he's James Bond, and a murderous pink teddy bear, she has her work cut out for her.

When
Published September 14th 2018 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Fae of Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fae of Fortune

Start your review of Fae of Fortune (Seattle Paranormal Police Department #1)
Lauren Hefflin
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best

What a badass detective novel. Funny, quick, and a great afternoon read! You will fall in love with Lurch, promise, he is cuddly and will eat your face off, just the best!
Jo Claire
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of fun!

This is a fun ride with several 'laugh out loud' moments that will get you some stares if you're reading in public. Don't you just love those? Yeah. Me, too! Give it a shot. It's not, War and Peace, thank goodness!
Penny
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know how sometimes you just want to read fun, fast, great book to take you away from all your troubles? Well, this one more than fits the bill. Savannah is fairly new to the PPD and is trying to do a great job. However, on her new assignment as the leader of the misfits, nothing seems to go right for her. Her new team is determined to help her solve this case even if their chief seems to be doing everything he can to keep them from it, but it is going to be harder than even they know. This w ...more
Petesandry
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another new team in the PDP, though this time the D Team. A team of failures thrown together in the last chance saloon. Their new leader decides the most important man in Seattle is also the biggest crook. Cue lots of magic and blowing stuff up, some cute kids and cuddly toys and a twist at the end which leaves you wanting the next installment. Just remember 'Everyone screws up sooner or later' ...more
Audrey Cienki
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So great! And a challenge to find and recognize all of the movie quotes! I love Harvey’s malaphorisms but I think that Lurch is my favorite character. I cannot wait for the next books to find out what happens. Whazzup!
Lyn Pilkington
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ACTUAL LOL!!

I honestly don't think I have laughed so much in months! The story was brilliant, the pace fast and I recognise team members from the other POD groups.
I thank you both for an amazing read, now I can sleep.
Sally Bishop
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seattle is saved...maybe

If you want to take down a Fae, call on a half Fae/half mage and her D team of the Paranormal Police Department. Expect some damage to malls, universities, science centers, and who knows what else.
Vintagebooklvr
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like an action-packed book with magic and tons of creatures this one is for you. There are also a lot of funny situations.

Oh, and if you like explosions and mayhem, Savannah delivers in spades.
David W
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fun

You could certainly say that little goes the way our protagonist hopes. Someone seems to have it in for her but she sticks to it with a great team of misfits. Downloaded next in series as soon as I finished it.
Lisa Cripe
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ppd addition. Savannah is great.

Enjoying the Seattle PPD. Savannah Sage has potential to be one of my favorite characters in the ppd. I'm ready to dive into the second one. A pink teddy bear has never been funnier.
Donna
This book was fast paced. Unfortunately, I felt like the reader doesn't get to know many of the members of Savannah's team. You barely get to know Savannah. However, the pink teddy bear steals the show. He made me giggle. Will I read more of the series? If the pink teddy bear is involved, then the answer is a definite yes. ...more
Keith Setzer
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good book

good book funny and entertaining, nice plot and keeps you reading . i’ll enjoy reading the rest of the series
Debi Sateren
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Far of Fortune Seattle PPD

Having enjoyed the VEGAS PPD, I picked up this book ( Actually pushed buttons and scrolled). I really enjoyed it! This group of characters are hilarious. So much to laugh at. Love it when a plan comes together.
Barbara
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Sage is starting her new job at the Seattle PPD and has not made a good impression on her chief. Regulated to the basement to run the D team, she makes mistakes that are costly to her and her teams reputation. Trying to solve a mystery and magical jewels are stolen, the team and her are just waiting to be fired. Just when she gets a handle on things a villain is murdered and they have no one to interrogate. How does she and the team butt up against a strange acting chief? Who can be tru ...more
Sharon Harradine
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love the world of the PPD then you'll love this.

Eric Knowles picks up the pen in this installment of John P Logsdon's PPD universe. Its a great first collaboration between these two great writers and I can't wait to read more. We meet Savannah Sage as she falls from grace in the A team, to find herself in charge of a group of misfits, leading them on a rollercoaster of a ride as she tries to find out who is behind a bunch of high profile thefts, and how the kidnapping of a young boy fits
Maryann Sims
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the latest in the PPD series, this one takes place in Seattle, or what is left of it after Sage and her team try to do the right thing. We see some of the characters from the original series, who have moved on to work in Seattle, yet have made mistakes that end them all up to the basement.

Throw in a Golem Pink Teddy Bear, a rich and scheming Elf, and very helpful Goblin cafeteria lady and you have a great new book. Can't wait for the next one to see how much of Seattle Sage leaves standi
David St. Lawrence
A Delightful Read!

This paranormal police action story is one of the best I have read. Savannah is the kind of heroine I like to cheer for. She is good-hearted, plucky, impetuous and has the characteristics of a good leader. She also has the ability to recognize good in opposing individuals and convert them to her cause. Her d team is composed of truly interesting and humorous characters and the twists and turns in this story make it a captivating read.

I was not able to put the book down and had
GypsyLace
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fae of Fortune was a cute and light beginning of a 3 book series. The comical aspects make the story delightful. I think we need books and stories for our many moods, and this story was just what I needed for my mood today. It only took a couple hours to read.
The main character is the epitome of the underdog. I quite liked that. Her squad is even more so. There is a mystery going on, and the D team is hot on the trail. Gosh help us all.
If you want to smile, and please don't take this as a serio
Larry Tushman
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you take the once promising career of a half-Fae, half-mage (a Faege?) and slap her in charge of the D-team as a punishment? The results may be too funny to describe in this hilarious PPD ride-along. This ragtag group is sent to investigate a series of robberies. But unraveling a sinister subplot may be too much to handle when simultaneously combating being set up to fail. Well, there are definite upsides to being left in the Lurch.
Carolyn Fielding
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new collaboration between John and Eric focussing on the Seattle branch of the PPD. The heroine is half fae, half mage, despised by both races and in serious trouble with her boss. Her best efforts seem to result in total chaos but it’s down to her to save Seattle and redeem her career and her new team of similar misfits. With a bit of “help” from the worst teddy bear EVER. Great fun, can’t wait to read the next instalment.
Carolyn Evans
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An explosive start

Welcome to the Seattle Paranormal Police Department, and it's newest team of underdogs. A few returning characters from previous PPD books join some fresh blood in an attempt to stop a series of robberies, all focused on magical gems. The main questions are will the new leader be able to get her team and herded on track, and how much of Seattle will be destroyed in the process.
Cheryl
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Screwups

An interesting and humorous story about a team of paranormal officers led by Samantha Sage. Lots of action including the blowing up and destruction of business, exhibits and more. Sage will learn to not be so self-centered and to have more respect and care about her team. She may have gone from the A team to the D team but she can train them into a fighting and well developed unit of detectives.
Read and enjoy this story as I did!
Angela James
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ragtag team of misfits

Ahhh! I really enjoyed this one. Savannah leads a ragtag team of misfits in the paranormal police force and they are constantly under fire from the chief for screwing up but it's really not their fault. They aren't the A Team, they're the D Team and get no respect...always misunderstood and taking blame but working hard to overcome all kinds of obstacles. It's pretty hilarious and had plenty of mystery and action.
Edyta
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Entertaining

I could see all the crazy "D team" action in my head, and it plays off as a Lethal Weapon scene or some really crazy anime action. Omg the crazy characters and the banter had me laughing.
Looking forward to see Sage and her team stick it to the supermodels in team A.
Hilarious crime solving 😂
I hope the D team finally get some R E S P E C T.
Monique
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read!

A good start of a series, and a fun read. I really enjoyed reading about all of these interesting characters! Very enjoyable! I would definitely like to see what happens next.
Rebecca
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected.

This was probably the strangest thing I've ever read. That's saying a lot. It was also very entertaining and i couldn't put it down. I can only say read for yourself. Going to read the next one now.
Robert Hill
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this new book in the PPD series. Savannah is a really interesting character and cant wait to read more of her adventures.
Liz  Christensen
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great fun! This was like reading the comics in book form, full of Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote type antics.
Alisia Soles
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Action, humor, and great storyline. Spinoffs often don't work, but this does. Highly recommend! ...more
Rae
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun

This book was filled with misadventures and humorous characters. It was fun to read and I eagerly waiting for the next book in the series.

• Give up the Ghost (Ghost Detective #2)
  • The Dragon's Oath
  • Moscow Mule (The Phantom Queen Diaries, #5)
  • The Dread Warlock (Blackjack Chronicles #1)
  • Witcher Upper (Magical Renovation Mysteries #1)
  • Magic Street Boogie (Scions of Magic #1)
  • Comin' Up a Cloud (Fairy Tales of a Trailer Park Queen, #4)
  • Wicked is Her Smile (The School of Necessary Magic #5)
  • Bright-Eyed and Bushy-Tailed (Fairy Tales of a Trailer Park Queen #11)
  • Determined is Her Path (The School of Necessary Magic #7)
  • Oath Bound (Spellbound Murder, #1)
  • Gully Washer (Fairy Tales of a Trailer Park Queen, #5)
  • Last Call: A TempleVerse Anthology Book 1 (TempleVerse Anthologies)
  • Rise Up (Alison Brownstone #12)
  • Oath of the Witch (School of Necessary Magic: Raine Campbell #4)
  • Night Stalker (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #2)
  • Shadow Hunter (Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill, #1)
  • Death Calls (Wildcat Wizard #9)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com. ...more

Seattle Paranormal Police Department (3 books)
  • Rivalry of Runes (Seattle Paranormal Police Department #2)
  • Blood of Bones (Seattle Paranormal Police Department #3)