Start by marking “Fae of Fortune: A Savannah Sage Supernatural Thriller Book 1 (Seattle Paranormal Police Department)” as Want to Read:

Fae of Fortune: A Savannah Sage Supernatural Thriller Book 1

(Seattle Paranormal Police Department #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  246 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Half fae. Half mage. All trouble.

Savannah Sage always wanted to be a cop in the Paranormal Police Department. As a half fae, she has plenty to prove. Being placed in charge of the department’s rejects wasn’t exactly what she had in mind.

With a neurotic werewolf, a vampire who thinks he's James Bond, and a murderous pink teddy bear, she has her work cut out for her.

When
Published September 14th 2018 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Fae of Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fae of Fortune

really liked it 4.00  ·

Sharon Harradine
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you love the world of the PPD then you'll love this.

Eric Knowles picks up the pen in this installment of John P Logsdon's PPD universe. Its a great first collaboration between these two great writers and I can't wait to read more. We meet Savannah Sage as she falls from grace in the A team, to find herself in charge of a group of misfits, leading them on a rollercoaster of a ride as she tries to find out who is behind a bunch of high profile thefts, and how the kidnapping of a young boy fits
Maryann Sims
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the latest in the PPD series, this one takes place in Seattle, or what is left of it after Sage and her team try to do the right thing. We see some of the characters from the original series, who have moved on to work in Seattle, yet have made mistakes that end them all up to the basement.

Throw in a Golem Pink Teddy Bear, a rich and scheming Elf, and very helpful Goblin cafeteria lady and you have a great new book. Can't wait for the next one to see how much of Seattle Sage leaves standi
T.
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Fae of Fortune started out really strong, with interesting characters and a unique storyline, it started to get stale when all the police calls became too similar, but, if you can forgive the devolution to potty-humor and sophomoric antics, there's a pretty good plot buried beneath the surface. Sage was a bit obsessed to the point of making stupid decisions, which is frustrating. There's a solid foundation for a good series, but I'm not the best person to appreciate the frat-boy aspects of some ...more
David St. Lawrence
A Delightful Read!

This paranormal police action story is one of the best I have read. Savannah is the kind of heroine I like to cheer for. She is good-hearted, plucky, impetuous and has the characteristics of a good leader. She also has the ability to recognize good in opposing individuals and convert them to her cause. Her d team is composed of truly interesting and humorous characters and the twists and turns in this story make it a captivating read.

I was not able to put the book down and had
Barbara
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Sage is starting her new job at the Seattle PPD and has not made a good impression on her chief. Regulated to the basement to run the D team, she makes mistakes that are costly to her and her teams reputation. Trying to solve a mystery and magical jewels are stolen, the team and her are just waiting to be fired. Just when she gets a handle on things a villain is murdered and they have no one to interrogate. How does she and the team butt up against a strange acting chief? Who can be tru ...more
Gypsy Lace
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fae of Fortune was a cute and light beginning of a 3 book series. The comical aspects make the story delightful. I think we need books and stories for our many moods, and this story was just what I needed for my mood today. It only took a couple hours to read.
The main character is the epitome of the underdog. I quite liked that. Her squad is even more so. There is a mystery going on, and the D team is hot on the trail. Gosh help us all.
If you want to smile, and please don't take this as a serio
Penny Noble
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know how sometimes you just want to read fun, fast, great book to take you away from all your troubles? Well, this one more than fits the bill. Savannah is fairly new to the PPD and is trying to do a great job. However, on her new assignment as the leader of the misfits, nothing seems to go right for her. Her new team is determined to help her solve this case even if their chief seems to be doing everything he can to keep them from it, but it is going to be harder than even they know. This w ...more
Larry Tushman
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you take the once promising career of a half-Fae, half-mage (a Faege?) and slap her in charge of the D-team as a punishment? The results may be too funny to describe in this hilarious PPD ride-along. This ragtag group is sent to investigate a series of robberies. But unraveling a sinister subplot may be too much to handle when simultaneously combating being set up to fail. Well, there are definite upsides to being left in the Lurch.
Scott
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good start to another PPD spinoff series. Great character ideas, but it had a little trouble maintaining my interest for the middle 30% of the story. I'm not certain that was through any fault of the story, though, I just found myself a little more distracted during my reading. I'm glad I stuck it out, though. It had an enjoyable conclusion and I will definitely tune in to the next installment :)
Carolyn Fielding
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A new collaboration between John and Eric focussing on the Seattle branch of the PPD. The heroine is half fae, half mage, despised by both races and in serious trouble with her boss. Her best efforts seem to result in total chaos but it’s down to her to save Seattle and redeem her career and her new team of similar misfits. With a bit of “help” from the worst teddy bear EVER. Great fun, can’t wait to read the next instalment.
Carolyn Evans
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An explosive start

Welcome to the Seattle Paranormal Police Department, and it's newest team of underdogs. A few returning characters from previous PPD books join some fresh blood in an attempt to stop a series of robberies, all focused on magical gems. The main questions are will the new leader be able to get her team and herded on track, and how much of Seattle will be destroyed in the process.
Angela James
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ragtag team of misfits

Ahhh! I really enjoyed this one. Savannah leads a ragtag team of misfits in the paranormal police force and they are constantly under fire from the chief for screwing up but it's really not their fault. They aren't the A Team, they're the D Team and get no respect...always misunderstood and taking blame but working hard to overcome all kinds of obstacles. It's pretty hilarious and had plenty of mystery and action.
Cheryl
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Screwups

An interesting and humorous story about a team of paranormal officers led by Samantha Sage. Lots of action including the blowing up and destruction of business, exhibits and more. Sage will learn to not be so self-centered and to have more respect and care about her team. She may have gone from the A team to the D team but she can train them into a fighting and well developed unit of detectives.
Read and enjoy this story as I did!
Edyta
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Entertaining

I could see all the crazy "D team" action in my head, and it plays off as a Lethal Weapon scene or some really crazy anime action. Omg the crazy characters and the banter had me laughing.
Looking forward to see Sage and her team stick it to the supermodels in team A.
Hilarious crime solving 😂
I hope the D team finally get some R E S P E C T.
Stephanie
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story, loved a lot of the characters (Lurch in particular), but a lot of this was just not as intertwined as other books were. Could "see" the characters," but the interactions just did not come across as "real." If THAT makes any sense. Will read the rest of this division, but it won't be a priority.
Julie
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the world of the PPD, the storyline is always interesting and full of twists. And as much as I enjoyed the characters, I didn't really click with them, I just felt like there was a top much racing around and not enough interaction of the positive kind. I'm looking forward to the next book though, I think I might get to like the characters more.
Petesandry
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another new team in the PDP, though this time the D Team. A team of failures thrown together in the last chance saloon. Their new leader decides the most important man in Seattle is also the biggest crook. Cue lots of magic and blowing stuff up, some cute kids and cuddly toys and a twist at the end which leaves you wanting the next installment. Just remember 'Everyone screws up sooner or later'
Monique
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read!

A good start of a series, and a fun read. I really enjoyed reading about all of these interesting characters! Very enjoyable! I would definitely like to see what happens next.
Sally Bishop
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seattle is saved...maybe

If you want to take down a Fae, call on a half Fae/half mage and her D team of the Paranormal Police Department. Expect some damage to malls, universities, science centers, and who knows what else.
Vintagebooklvr
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like an action-packed book with magic and tons of creatures this one is for you. There are also a lot of funny situations.

Oh, and if you like explosions and mayhem, Savannah delivers in spades.
David W
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great fun

You could certainly say that little goes the way our protagonist hopes. Someone seems to have it in for her but she sticks to it with a great team of misfits. Downloaded next in series as soon as I finished it.
Audrey Cienki
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So great! And a challenge to find and recognize all of the movie quotes! I love Harvey’s malaphorisms but I think that Lurch is my favorite character. I cannot wait for the next books to find out what happens. Whazzup!
lyn mason
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ACTUAL LOL!!

I honestly don't think I have laughed so much in months! The story was brilliant, the pace fast and I recognise team members from the other POD groups.
I thank you both for an amazing read, now I can sleep.
Catherine Thompson
Fun Read! Characters with attitude

The story is well written,fast paced, humorous, loved the were bear and the golem, would definately read the rest of these
Clare
Jan 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unfinished
Robert Hill
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this new book in the PPD series. Savannah is a really interesting character and cant wait to read more of her adventures.
Alisia Soles
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! Action, humor, and great storyline. Spinoffs often don't work, but this does. Highly recommend!
Rachel
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun

This book was filled with misadventures and humorous characters. It was fun to read and I eagerly waiting for the next book in the series.
Liz  Christensen
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great fun! This was like reading the comics in book form, full of Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote type antics.
Steven
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Go ahead!

I love the various characters (and I do mean characters!) in this. Nice to see others I recognize from the PPD universe. I'm looking forward to the second book.
  • Slimer
  • A War to the Knife (Recon, #1)
  • Fall Back (Collapse: New Republic Book 1)
  • Mass Hysteria
  • A Man Out of Time
  • Escape from Dead City
  • Fire Sorcerer (The Sentinels #1)
  • Thresher: A Deep Sea Thriller
  • The Storm Before the Storm: A Novel of Preparedness and Survival (American Sundown Series Book 1)
  • Demons on the Dalton (Hell Holes #2)
  • Mountain Rescue Doctor: Wilderness Medicine in the Extremes of Nature
  • The King's Mother: Book Three of The Beaufort Chronicle (The Beaufort Chronicles 3)
  • Return to Dyatlov Pass
  • Kill Hill Carnage
  • Phoenix Rising
  • The Broken Sword
  • Theriac (Emanations #2.5)
  • Drop by Drop (Step by Step, #1)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com.