Start by marking “Perfectly Flawed” as Want to Read:
Perfectly Flawed

Perfectly Flawed

4.8  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
I was fourteen when I met him, danced with him, and fell for him.
I was sixteen when Ryder left me with a forbidden promise.
Now I’m twenty, and he’s back, but he has a secret.

I walked out as the boy Piper had loved for far too long.
Now I’m back as a man who’s broken, angry, and flawed.
Yet, each time she looks at me, it’s as if I’m perfect.

Can we have a second chance at
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: September 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Perfectly Flawed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfectly Flawed

Ally's Book Reviews (Ally Vance)
I fell so far into this story and it was so damn raw and emotional I could hardly even think straight, let alone see my phone through the tears. I am now certain that Dani René is the Feels Assassin sent to murder me by breaking my heart. She has broken and turned me into a weeping, wrecked mess and scattered my heart all over the floor.

This book just pulls you right in and on all the heartstrings. Such powerful emotions between the characters as they fight against and for what they want and the
Anne Milne
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful surprise this book was a story of young love that captured my heart.

Piper and Ryder's story was do much more than unrequited young love it had a depth that some stories in this genre lack. I liked Piper alot she's one determined young woman. Ryder was a hard guy to read as he kept his emotions and feelings hidden but when he lets loose OMG be ready to swoon. I thought I knew where the story was going then boom his secret was revealed and I can honestly say I never saw it coming.
Tre Talbot
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two souls that have found each other early on in life only to be torn apart and reconnected again years later, what an emotional ride we’re taken on with Piper and Ryder that will have you tearing up throughout their story. How can I put into words all the feels of this story without giving away anything of detail? My heart was shattered and put back together slowly just as Piper’s had been. What Ryder reveals about his past and why he was distant broke me, I felt very emotion both he and Piper ...more
Julie's Book Land Reviews
Review Coming Soon
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC copy of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Dani René!

Oh. My. God. The. Feels. (Yes, all those periods were necessary) This story will take you on a wild angst-y ride. It will take the classic bad boy trope and spin it on it's head - quite literally (if ya know, ya know what I just did there). Ryder and his butterfly are one the most beautiful couples I've ever read. Their path is difficult and has many bumps in the road, but their story will capt
Joy Westerfield
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a refreshing story of young love! Piper has been in love with Ryder from a young age, but being he was older, they couldn’t act on it. When Ryder leaves to follow his dreams, Piper is heartbroken but hopeful from the promises he made. But years go by, and one day, Ryder walks back into her life. But is he the same man she fell in love with? He seems to have some sort of secret that he won’t tell her about. Piper is determined to get the old Ryder back and will do anything it takes! This sto ...more
Caroline A Woman & Her Books
Ryder & Piper, WOW. YA is not one of my go to genres but this authors first dip in the YA pond had me hooked from the start. From lust filled hormonal teenagers to young adults fighting their attraction, and losing, these two characters will draw you into every emotion they feel and make you feel it just as deeply.
Upon his return to his hometown years later than he promised, Ryder at first seems like he has a chip on his shoulder, but as he and Piper bond over the love they share, dancing, w
Melissa Fisher
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is quite possibly one of my favorite books by Dani Rene. A little different then what I have become accustomed to when reading one of Dani’s books, but that is something I'm finding with this author, expect the unexpected. Piper and Ryder are a match made in Heaven. Made for each other and needing each other to be….. complete. This story pulled on my emotions a lot more than previous stories by this author. I laughed and I cried and i loved every word! I'll always be a sucker for second cha ...more
Helen Altafulla
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story hit me in all the feels. Starting with the dedication, all the way to the last page.
Going into a novel named Perfectly Flawed, you know it’s going to take you through the emotional wringer. And, cry did Dani René make me do.
What a beautiful story I found inside these pages. You have two souls broken in two very different but similar ways. But, where one refused to give up, the other demanded solidarity to save others from that “consuming blackness.”

I was so frustrated with Ryder at o
SaraLou
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I've read other books by Dani Rene but Perfectly Flawed is perfectly written. Dani knows how to write a story that keeps you entranced till the end and leaving you wanting more.

One of the most anticipated romances of 2018 and after finishing, I now know why.
Ryder and Piper's story is fantastic.

Ryder Kingsley makes Piper Beaufort a promise to come back from LA but when he does come back, 2 years later than promised, he's different. Something has changed in him, but what exactly. Ryder tri
Hanan
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely beautiful book!
I fell in love both Ryder and Piper from the very start.
There is no way not to!
There’s always been a pull between Ryder and Piper.
She was only fourteen and he was seventeen.
It was pure and innocent and just kept developing.
Ryder never acted on his impulses always taking into account her age and not being able to give her what she deserves.
Piper knew from a tender age he was the one.
Her feelings so strong,so powerful she knew it would last a lifetime.
What a gripp
Sheena
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous...

First and foremost...I loved this story... omg Ryder is a perfectly flawed bad boy.....and I love that Piper is the only one for him.. Piper is great too... she comes across as smart, talented, and although she has been hurt, she doesn’t come across as particularly broken or weak..

The plot is original and compelling....it is fundamentally a young/new adult love story but there are twists and turns, adding layers of intrigue and uncertainty into the plot and into the outcome of Piper a
Tyi
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't in the camp that cried over a certain character. I'm sorry but I just didn't feel it. Who knows why? Don't get wrong. I really liked the characters. Ryder was definitely flawed but beautifully in his own special way. Piper was strong, stubborn, and yet wise beyond her years. She knew what she wanted out of life and love. Piper didn't sit on the sidelines and say woe is me. She went out and got her version of HEA.

Ugh... I don't know if it was only me but I didn't like Piper's brother, P
Lisa Roberts
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful very emotional story is everything and Ryder and Piper will capture your heart and you will feel every single sad and happy moment as these two go through the struggles of just surviving and craving each other like no other this goes very deep but not knowing if its possible and the speaking through dance was amazing and I smiled and cried at how beautiful torn up they were and cheering at the same time. I loved Pipers determination this girl does not give up and she knows exactly ...more
Waleska 'Wally' Floyd
Perfectly Flawed is a standalone, coming-of-age /new adult , angsty, evocative , offbeat , romantic and multi-layered tale. It take you on an emotional journey of love, self esteem and acceptance.

I found this story deeply moving and endearing. The writing feels personal and intimate . The MC are developed and charismatic . And the plotline it's interesting, the plot twist keep you engaged and the resolution it's satisfying and unexpected.

As with all my reviews, I don't do spoilers or rehash wha
Kathy West
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Piper and Ryder....two people who were not supposed to like each other. Piper, the best friends little sister. Ryder, the boy from the wrong side of the tracks.

They meet when they are teenagers and bonded over their love of dance. They played a cat and mouse game until Ryder moved away, taking Pipers heart with him.

Years went by before Ryder came back. But he wasn't the same Ryder. He was broken. But why?

There are two plot twists in this book and I didn't see either one of them coming.

Dani Re
Heather Dee
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh Perfectly Flawed was bloody awesome....

This is definitely a different direction from what I am personally use to reading by Dani Rene but I'm definitely not complaining..... absolutely beautifully written!

My heart soared for this young couple then crumbled then soared again ...

I cried I smiled I cried again I got angry then I signed with happiness and probably not in that percific order lol

Everyone should read this book 📚

I am now so bloody proud for the first time to be so very per
Tammy
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two halves of the same soul, two pieces that fit together so perfectly, they are perfectly flawed together. Ryder is broken, depressed and flawed. Piper is so sweet and innocent. At one time she was too young for him , now years later , broken hearts and flawed they come back together.
These two are amazing together , she will fight everything and everyone for him , and he tries to push her away, but they are as I said two pieces that fit together so perfectly. What an amazing story of love, str
Diane
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Piper was teaching dance. When to her surprise in comes Ryder. They have history together. Promises made but not kept. After 4 years Piper never expected to see him again. She has loved him since she was a teenager but their love was forbidden because he was older than she. After all the years she still loves him. Ryder tries to push her away despite his feelings for her. He's not who he used to be. They eventually get back to where they belong, together, until more lies and secrets arise. It wa ...more
Kay Parker
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An epically beautiful tale of romance, past young love and a future that holds secrets, sex and the rebuilding of what was once deemed lost. Dance brings Piper and Ryder together, promises are broken and lives are changed forever.
Perfectly Flawed is a wonderfully emotive book, it really draws you in from the first moment and makes you push for the story yet never want it to end. If you've never read a book by this author, Perfectly Flawed is definitely one I would recommend starting with.
Highly
Julie Workman
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story should be so much more than 5* it was amazing.

My first impressions of Ryder wasn't great, I thought he was a man who thought the world owed him something, but as it dug deeper my love for him grew, you have to, he demands it, and to be honest it wasn't hard.

Piper, ah the beautiful, fun, sassy piper, I loved her from the start.

This story full of love, laughter and heartbreak will grip you, just remember to breath❤
Elizabeth
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once I started this book I couldn't put it down and had to find out what happens to Piper and Ryder. I also spent most of the book with tears in my eyes, especially as what happened to Piper and her father had also happened to me. This is a truly beautiful love story, a love that endured through trial and tribulation beyond that which anyone should have to endure and so is that much stronger. Make sure you have a box of tissues before you start!
Ola Adamska
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This read for Sure is an emotional journey, but this name (Ms. Rene) always means Great read with emotions all over The place!
Piper and Ryder's story is raugh and cuts so Deep into your Heart That you have to be Ready for becoming an emotional puddle after The read.
Even after some Time I have emotions All over The place.
Great First book in New genre. I have some characters That I feel have potential to become main characters in The next book.
Natasha
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well where to start. This book is an emotional rollercoaster. Full of love, anger, lust and hidden depths. Your drawn in from the very beginning. A couple fall for each each at a young age, break away to be back in each other's arms years later. Piper is a strong willed women, who can conquer anything she puts her mind too. And Ryder is a hot, hard to read guy until he lets go and you see another side of him. This book is a must read!
Paula D
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love second chance romance books and this one melted my heart. Piper loves to dance even got taught by someone she loves who left her 4 years ago. Now Piper teaches kids and one day someone who she hasn’t seen in 4 years is suppose to help her Ryder. This is emotional and soul changing. The author teaches us about loving yourself. Definitely a amazing book. That will touch anyone who reads it. 5/5 stars
Mary S.
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At first I didn't like the way the story was going with the back and forth thing they were having it was giving me a headache. But then it got to the good parts and everything else was forgotten. Ryder he is forgiven for all the misshapen and all the heartache he made Piper and me feel. He so deserves happiness in his life even with all his flaws. In this world nobody it's perfect so who's says that we don't deserve happiness with all our perfection and flaws as well.
cupcakes and bookshelves
Such a unique and captivating story, comprising of so much emotion and love, layered with twists and turns I never saw coming. Beautifully written, I'd definitely recommend this story that shows us how strength and love can find a way through even then you believe nothing ever will.

*ARC kindly given in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much.*
Jenny
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! It captivated me from the first page until the last. I read it in one sitting. Young love and great friendships. Ryder is misunderstood by most people in his life. Piper fell in love with him when she was a young teenager. Together they are perfect. A beautiful story that I fell in love with. I highly recommend this book!
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Liana Vanoyan
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A perfect combination of heart wrenching,heart worming story and two broken,shattered,yet so perfectly flawed souls that will shatter you and bind your heart and soul,leaving you to “re-live” this amazing story again and again! Piper & Ryder will be terribly missed 😍😍😍😍😍
Becky Ballenger
Holy GAWD, Dani Rene!!!!!!! The FEELS!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭
You hit this one so far out of the park, it landed in the next state!!!!!! I need A LOT more stars!!!!!!
Goodreads Librari...: Update the Cover 2 16 Sep 10, 2018 07:09AM
Dani is an international bestselling author and proud member of the Romance Writer's Organization of South Africa (ROSA) and the Romance Writer's of America (RWA).

A fan of dark romance that grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go. It's from this passion that her writing has evolved from sweet and romantic, to dark and delicious. It's in this world she's found her calling, growing from strength

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement