Start by marking “Dark Karma: Sword of Vengeance” as Want to Read:
Dark Karma: Sword of Vengeance

Dark Karma: Sword of Vengeance

(Karma #3)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A remarkable tale of vengeance, time travel, and dark magic.

What would you do if you woke up one morning and your world was inexplicably changed in the worst way imaginable? Banished by his enemy into a hellish alternate dimension, Luke Decker fights to understand why his world has suddenly changed, and why is he on trial for the murder of his beloved Nina? What he doesn’
Published September 7th 2018 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about Dark Karma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Karma

really liked it 4.00  ·

Reader Views
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Dark Karma” is the third book in the Karma series by Laura Simmons. The story follows Luke and Nina as they declare their love and face challenges both in the real and mythical worlds. Soon after settling into their new relationship, Luke is framed for Nina’s apparent murder and must defend himself against the hands of dark forces like he’s never faced before. Meanwhile, Nina is left to scavenge the astral realm to figure out a way back to Luke. It’s a thrilling tale made of magic, betrayal, an ...more
Kimmie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was awesome! Man what a book! This is an extraordinary story. It is so completely well written and thought through. I could not put it down. I found myself reading it straight through in one sitting.
This is the third book in the series if you have not read the first two books do not worry these books can be read as a standalone. But this review may give away some spoilers
This is Nina and Luke's story. But we also get some of Bryce and Amber from book two. For instance remember like from boo
Krystal Stubbs
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Karma was a terrific book. It is book 3 of a series, which I did not realize before reading it. This made it a little confusing at times when there were references to previous events. However, it did not take away from the story line.
This book has a mixture of everything from dark magic, astral travel, love, betrayal, murder and mystery. It keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Nina has been hurt in the past by love and does not want to love again. Enter Luke and all that seems to start chang
J C
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark magic & murder...
Having read the prequel, Tough Karma, I was really looking forward to this one. This one also didn’t disappoint. In Dark Karma, the main character Nina has been hurt in a previous relationship, and she and her love interest Luke are basically friends with benefits. As they realize they’re falling in love with each other, Nina meets Elliot. She has a past with him which she doesn’t remember. He’s jealous of Luke, but he also wants to steal a magical item Nina possesses.
Joshua Grffith
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story

An interesting read to say the least. It has plenty of surprises and twists that will keep you turning the pages just to see what happens next. Nina and Luke fall in love with each other, much to the dismay of Elliott, who is pretending to be a friend but only wants to steal Nina's magic rock that grants her whatever she desires. Things become complicated when the trio end up in hell, living out previous lives. No spoilers so just read it and enjoy! I highly recommend this one!
Meredith
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, netgalley
This book had an intriguing premise, and I really liked the writing style. I'll be checking out more from this author. If you enjoy romance, fantasy, and magic then give this book a shot! The time travel and alternate dimension aspects to the story were fascinating.
Brenda
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I struggled a bit with the writing style in this book. It just didn’t seem to flow very well. That being said...I LOVED the story itself. It pulls you in and makes you want to hurry up and find out what happens next. Then you get to the end and itch for more.
Kaila
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
good story.. interesting plot.. fun characters and it had a good storyline.. the characters kept me on the edge of my seat curious to see what was happening next
Lene Blackthorn
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Nina was never lucky with men. Neither was Luke, the ladies’ man. He was denying his feelings for his close friend for far too long, but not anymore. Finally, they decide to get into relationship, and life is like a fairytale. But their happiness is short lived, as Nina’s enemy uses the cursed sword for vengeance, sending Luke to be tortured in another dimension, and even Nina’s extraordinary psychic abilities have trouble to reach out to her beloved one..
Dark and vengeful story with lots of pa
Priscilla Cook
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This is an interesting story. There is betrayal, mystery & murder, retaliation, time travel, unexpected twists, and skills in clairvoyance, psychic abilities, telekinesis, magic, astral projection, alternate dimensions, as well as visits to the realm of darkness.

Nina is a powerful psychic and for fifteen plus years helped the CIA gather information. She is also skilled in traveling the astral planes. She can use telekinesis in both the physical world and the astral planes. Even though doing
Rachael
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Book 3 in the Sword of Vengeance series, Dark Karma should be read after the first two offerings. Unfortunately, I didn't do this and was a bit lost. Reading the books in order should give the reader a better understanding of the story.

That being said, I did find the character interactions quite immature and the story didn't seem to flow very well. The premise of trade for gain was also a bit off putting.
Barbara
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A well written story but I should have read the first two books to understand this one better. There is suspense, drama, danger, Astra time travel, dark magic, hidden enemies, and romance between Luke and Nina I received a copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing.
Scott M Kapes
Julie Lynn
SD
Sharon
Oct 18, 2018
I enjoy reading books on psychic phenomena and all things metaphysical. Most of my life I've been fascinated with astral travel, dreams, the ability to see the future, and reincarnation.

I've wanted to write a book since I was a child, it was the first thing I can ever remember saying I wanted to do when I grow up. I love creating worlds in my mind and writing about them. My best days are when my

Karma (3 books)