Start by marking “The Librarian's Vampire Assistant 2 (The Librarian's Vampire Assistant #2)” as Want to Read:
The Librarian's Vampire Assistant 2 (The Librarian's Vampire Assistant #2)

The Librarian's Vampire Assistant 2

(The Librarian's Vampire Assistant #2)

4.45  ·  Rating details ·  266 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff comes a humorous, standalone mystery, The Librarian’s Vampire Assistant, Book 2. (Yep! It’s a standalone. The boring title is just to mess with you!)

HOW MUCH LONGER CAN HE KEEP HIS SECRET AND HIS FAVORITE HUMAN SAFE?

Michael Vanderhorst has always been a lone wolf. Or lone vampire? Whatever. Point is, this ancient gentlem
Published October 23rd 2018 by Mimi Boutique

To ask other readers questions about The Librarian's Vampire Assistant 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Librarian's Vampire Assistant 2

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
The Librarian’s Vampire Assistant 2 is book two in The Librarian’s Vampire Assistant series by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff. If you think this will be a nice, pleasant, feel good, sit down and relax sort of book, think again! This is non stop craziness all the way through.

Michael Vanderhorst is a four hundred year old vampire. He is leader of his territory in Cincinnati. But has traveled to Phoenix, Arizona to investigate the death of his maker. In Phoenix, he not only finds himself unexplainably attrac
Dianne
Like a ray of sunshine, Mimi Jean Pamfiloff is spreading her own special brand of quirky with THE LIBRARIAN’S VAMPIRE ASSISTANT 2 as Michael, the ancient, vampire gentleman masquerades as a young human and Miriam, the klutzy librarian are off on another misadventure! This time, the outcome could be deadly and a confused Michael is loath to believe why!

Vampire politics are the fly in the ointment of life, or un-life, as the case may be…oh the drama! Oh the wit!

Just can’t stop smirking! Reading
Candace Tidwell
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So after having getting over my last book hangover, I wanted to jump into something a little less intense. Mimi Jean helped me out with this book. Of course there's a little mystery but I think I laughed more than anything else while reading this book. Michael, our Vampire, is hilarious. Arrogant, pompous, eccentric are only a few ways to describe him. Every time he says "I am a man" it always follows with some type of caveman thinking, that always cracks me up. I dont want to even get started o ...more
Dali
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY!!
OMG, I couldn't stop laughing and smiling. Mimi's a genius storyteller! I loved it because it grabbed my inattention right from the start. I loved Michael! Is is absolutely the world's best librarian's vampire assistant! One mystery was solved and I can't wait to see what's up next!
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the end of book 1, Michael was tasked with taking over two societies (territories) and finding the 500 newborn vampires and dispatching of them. While doing this, he still feels a pull to the human librarian, Miriam and trying to keep her safe and still human.

The author did a good job of repeating just enough material from book 1 so that this book could be a standalone, however, I recommend reading in order. I find that the more I read about characters, the more I care about them and what ha
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

Every time i read a book by this author i am reminded why she is up there on my one click, must read purchases.

This author has a quirky style of writing that combined with her humour has you devouring the pages as you just HAVE to know what happens next. You are so entertained with the story that the pages just fly past sucking you in and spitting you back out at the end.

This book is a stand alone, but you would ge
Marta Cox
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
If you love this authors quirky and hilarious paranormal romances then be prepared to be totally surprised by this new departure. The first book introduced Michael and the strange goings on within the Vampire world. Now in this the second book we see more of the nefarious plans afoot that Michael and his favourite librarian find themselves entangled in. Oh yes the librarian of the title Miriam is a conundrum to Michael as he’s drawn to her like no other and yet is stuck trying his best to protec ...more
Julie
More fun times with Michael and Miriam. The romance hasn’t really bloomed yet. Michael is still hunting for his killer while protecting Miriam and keeping his big secret hidden. The laughs keep a coming as he tells us in his POV, his preferences in his diet and his worries about Miriam’s safety when a Mr Nice comes a visiting. It’s a snicker and giggle book all the way though that’s for sure. it was brilliantly written, dare I say a masterpiece, yes. And there’s more to come, Yeah!
Hannah
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

OMG Talk about a clusterfuck!!!

I think this book is possible more fucked up than the first, and I mean that in the best possible way. Poor Michael, first he's charged with finding 500 illegal newbie vampires and the first vampire to be in charge of two territories to top it all off he has to tell Miriam, the accidental prone librarian he is strangely fascinated with, the truth about what he is and *takes in a deep breath* that Mr. Nice the cliched looking the head of the Vampire Counc
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Oh my goodness, I just can’t get enough of this story! I’m not sure if it’s the fantasy, the snark or the twists and turns, but I’m addicted to Michael and his merry band of disfunctional vampires. With a True Blood vibe, Mimi has taken the myths of vampire history turned it on its head, and made it something all her own.

As Michael continues to ponder the connection he has with librarian Miriam, rogue vampires continue to plague Phoenix. As the new leader of the local vampire society, Michael m
Michele
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1018, pnr
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

And the plot thickens! Everyone’s favorite vampire, Michael Vanderhorst, was back to face down the mystery of his connection with clumsy librarian Miriam as well as locate five hundred fledgling vamps. No easy task. But with Michael’s illustrious past careers, he’s just the man, er, vampire for the job.

I certainly do adore Mimi Jean Pamfiloff’s writing style. Between the humor, the quirky but (mostly) lovable cast, and the whiplash-inducing plot twists,
╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺
Once again, my thanks to Mimi and her team for choosing me to ARC read another of her awesome books, even though I think I hate Mimi after this one!! mwah!

This is the second part of Michael's story as the vampire library assistant, told from his point of view, as he finds himself in even more trouble.

I wasn't that "into" Michael in part one, I found him somewhat "dry" , but as much as he still speaks as though he's 400 years old, because he is, he was so much more natural in this story.
He is abs
Cali Jewel
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It took me a full day to wrap my head around what craziness I just read to be able to finally put it into words in the form of a review.... LOL

The Mystery, off the wall humor, eccentric older than dirt vampires, plot twists and exciting action kept me up all night reading to the very end of the cliff.... one part of the mystery solved so many more questions to answer... Loved it!!!
Sierra Clothier
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phew! I'm out of breath from this wild, fun, suspenseful story that grabs a hold right away. It jumps right in after book one, and it's arguably better than book one. It's full of Pamfiloff's trademark wit and snark, making her vampire king masquerading as a library assistant eminently likeable. There is no cliffhanger...just a teaser for the next book. But you get answers and they are great.

So Michael has a lot to deal with. Two territories, missing baby vampires and the continuing mystery surr
Terri
The Librarian's Vampire Assistant book 2 finds Michael pretty much where we left off, still looking for answers in his maker's death, the reason for the new vampire making parties, who else is selling ancient vampire blood to make new vampires to the highest bidder, all while trying to keep his precious little librarian safe from herself and the vampires who have decided she must either join them or die for what she knows. Unfortunately for our unlucky librarian Miriam, she knows NOTHING thanks ...more
Anima
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another episode of Michael and Miriam. Well, it's not exactly a romance because he too busy trying to find a killer while protecting her. And keeping his secret safe. The world of vampires is just as seedy as the human world, their diet is just different. It's told with Pamfiloff's genius storytelling, laugh out loud humor and witty sarcasm. The story isn't over yet, there's a third one! Although I received an early copy my review is voluntary and unbiased.
christine l. sturgill
Yikes! Let me ask you a question. When does Pamilloff ever write a "typical" book? Answer- absolutely never. Every book she writes is unique, filled with twists and turns, in addition to being beyond entertaining. The Vampire Assistant book 2 is no different. If anything its extra unique. This is not you typical romance or vampire story, and it's all because of Michael. The Vampires Assistant is told through Michaels POV. It is awesome, entertaining and interesting with all the problems he handl ...more
Debbie Ballard
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading the amazing, phenomenal second story in the series. Michael continues to look for Clive's killer and is suppose to change Miriam into a vampire. Michael can't understand his feelings and why he is drawn to his librarian and doesn't want to change her. Read the highly recommended and wonderfully written story full of action, mystery, twists and turns, riveting the reader from the first page until the last page full of anticipation for the next one in the series.
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
The Librarian's Vampire Assistant 2 is a an action packed, page turner! First let me start with even though this book is book two it can be read as a standalone. I have not read book one and I had no problems reading this, I never felt like I was missing something. This book was a delightful read, it had tons of humor from Michael's inner dialogue! I love that he is masquerading as a young college kid when he is this 400 year old vampire of importance, who's now in charge of two territories. He ...more
Nicole Heffernan
Note: I received an advanced review copy in exchange for my honest review.

This is book 2, so while You can start reading this book and catch up; the first book basically explains what's already happened so I do recommend reading book 1 first.
That being said, having finished the 2nd book I really enjoyed it. It was as good as the first, but I feel just slightly better.

The characters are just as interesting and the overall plot just keeps getting better. I won't spoil anything but you get deeper i
Ann Ellis
What do you get when you have a librarian that lives in denial, a vampire that rules two covens that are thousand miles apart, a hopelessly romantic vampire councilman and a time limit? CHOAS!

I laughed a great deal, moaned, face-palmed myself a few times, rolled my eyes, and snorted at the awkward parts. Mimi Jean delivers the most implausible stories in the most outrageous ways.

This is the second book in the Librarian’s Vampire Assistant. I recommend that the books be read in order. This has
Carol Heisz
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely love this 2nd book in the series. The twists and turns of the plot are amazing and make me keep turning the page until the very end. I can’t wait until the next book!
Kim
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Hit for Mimi. Totally awesome!

Michael and Miriam are great! This book is witty and just plain out fun to read. Hard to put down that is for sure. Now bring on the 3rd book. Darn cliff hangers!!!
Harlie Williams
Y'all this book.  This series.  I don't normally read comedic mysteries with a dash of romance but Mimi sold me with the first book in the series.  Michael was a hoot then and he's even better in this book.  Lulu is back, too.  I didn't know what to think about her until the end.  Mr. Nice is just as hilarious, too.  His obsession with "Fanged Love" is right on the money and let's not forget about Miriam.  I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see much of her in the book until the end b ...more
Heather Miller
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book in this series, you can read it as a stand alone, but, it would be good to have that back story from book 1.

Michael Vanderhorst has always been a lone vampire. Michael is 400 yrs old, an ancient gentleman vampire, who looks like he's 20. He is a 2nd generation vampire.

The Vampire Council has asked Michael, to hunt down and execute five hundred vampires no one can seem to locate. Michael's execution days are long over.

However, to get the council on his side with Miriam, he
Jeriann Fisher
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like book 1,Mimi Jean Pamfiloff's LVA2 is more mystery than romance  but that's ok. Michael Vanderhorst is the vampire telling the story and he's never been in love (in 400 years) & doesn't recognize what is happening to him.  But you are seriously missing out on a delightful & unpredictable story if you aren't reading about Michael and his librarian  --- I MEAN  Michael and the librarian who he has decided needs protecting.   (As HER vampire --- I mean, as a vampire...) .

By laws that Mi
Denise
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-it
We get a lot of questions answered in this the 2nd book in the series.The humor and action are non stop. Michael is still trying to work out why he is so attracted to Miriam. Miriam still has people after her bookshop and it appears she does not have to be alive to sell it. Mr.Nice is planing their wedding and he has bought an outfit to wear so the wedding will go ahead or heads will roll. Michael is running out of time to tell Miriam he is a vampire and this time he needs Lula's help and she mu ...more
Jill
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is nothing about this book that I don't like. Michael has an incredibly funny inner dialogue. Mr Nice is just as crazy as before. Lula had me laughing out loud, and Miriam....poor Miriam can't catch a break. This is the second book in the series and it can be read as stand alone since Mimi Jean Pamfiloff catches the reader up on what happened in the first but I highly recommend reading them in order for it to be more enjoyable. Plus, Miriam is way more clumsy in the first and it'll crack y ...more
Molly Carson
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read, Mimi did it again. Her books always make me feel like I’m right there, that the story is happening to me. When I’m done reading her books it always takes me a few minutes to come crashing back into reality.

You have the mystery, a little bit of paranormal and a (one sided?) romance. Mimi picks up right where she left us at the end of book 1, with Michael now the leader of two territories, a mystery to solve concerning the 500 newly turned vampires and the issue of the keeping Mr.
Samantha
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael just can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong. He’s never has a reaction like this to someone. She isn’t really that special. Except he can’t stop thinking about her. And for a little librarian, she’s all he thinks about. Which is a problem. He has a crime to solve, a mystery to unravel, a friend who has a crush on him, a council to placate, and 500 new vampires to find. In the Phoenix heat and, uhg, SUNSHINE. He’s a vampire. What’s he doing in Phoenix, of all places? Somebody stake him, pl ...more
Because Mimi wants to focus on writing and her freakin' awesome fans, she does NOT monitor this site. PLEASE GO TO her Facebook
FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MimiJ...

or her website:
www.mimijean.net, and sign up for her newsletter if you want the latest FREEBIES and news!
****
S.F. Native, MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling romance author. Although she obta

The Librarian's Vampire Assistant (2 books)
  • The Librarian's Vampire Assistant (The Librarian's Vampire Assistant, #1)
“Silence!" Mr. Nice Yells. "Or I will begin plucking out eyeballs! Through your buttholes!” 3 likes
Way to go. The last thing I want is to torment this poor woman with my potent masculinity. It is a curse to be so virile. 0 likes