Start by marking “Goodbye, Kate” as Want to Read:
Goodbye, Kate

Goodbye, Kate

Crime families and mob wars only exist in the movies. Betrayal. Violence. Murder. They don’t happen to ordinary people.

Right?

Wrong.

For Lincoln Hollis, this is his world, and there isn’t a clapperboard in sight. A trained killer and advocate of justice, he’s been sent to unravel the neat little bow tied around Kate Fletcher’s perfect life, exposing her to the brutal truths
Published October 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Goodbye, Kate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goodbye, Kate

Start your review of Goodbye, Kate
Dri ✰
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 3 STARS ★

“Love is knowing someone’s weaknesses and not taking advantage of them. It’s not expecting someone to make no mistakes, but to help them clean up when they do. It’s about accepting their sorrow and pain, as well as their smiles and tenderness. Love is giving someone the power to destroy you but trusting them not to.”

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬
Nicola Haken
Oct 15, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Goodbye, Kate is now LIVE! Both ebook and paperback available from Amazon. Also available in Kindle Unlimited. Grab your copy here: mybook.to/GoodbyeKate ...more
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•

Kate has just begun a new job and it feels like everything is going right in her life. She is engaged to Simon, who completely adores her, and they are busy making plans for the future. She has never been at a better place than where she is now. Therefore, being abducted on the street one evening after work completely blind sides her.

She is absolutely terrified but the more time she spends with her captor the more she is feeling conflicted. Her life is in danger and she doesn’t want to
Courtney
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

I have read previous books by Nicola before but not in the romantic suspense genre. I was a bit hesitant as to how this would play out as I have high expectations for romantic suspense (I.e. Aleatha Romig, Keri Lake). Nicola definitely surprised me with this one with the potential to become even better.

Goodbye, Kate is a rollercoaster ride of action and drama. There is a lot going on in this story, so you have to pay close attention to what you are reading. Nicola starts this book off
Kira
DNF@65%

This wasn't the book for me. The plot was good. I'd only consider this book to be darkish. It had dark elements but never got extreme with it. I couldn't connect with the characters. Lincoln was alright, but I couldn't stand Kate. She was extremely immature, to the degree that she seemed more like a young teenager than a woman of 24. What she went through was rough, but honestly it could have been worse. It was hard to believe that she went from a woman who talked to bees when gardening t
Meredith
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Goodbye, Kate fell kind of in the middle for me. It had some nice twists and turns, but the buildup was extremely slow. I had a very hard time getting into it and the two main characters were not very likeable. Kate was very naive and immature. Lincoln was really cold and cruel. I just had a hard time connecting with them. Although I did enjoy seeing how they changed and grew over the course of the story.

Now while this book may not be my favorite, people who enjoy the romantic suspense genre sh
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Goodbye, Kate is completely different from any other Nicola Haken book I have read to date.

Like all her stories, this is an intense read. Kate has discovered that all her life has been a lie, and now all those lies are coming home roost. And boy, do they come back.

This really is one rollercoaster of a ride. Kate and Lincoln's story is full of twists and turns. Just when you think you know what is happening, BAM - Ms Haken throws a a doozy of a curve ball our way.
Mandie Foxylutely
I have read books by this author before under the M/M Romance genre so was intrigued when I saw this was an M/F romantic suspense.

The storyline packed a punch with plenty of twists and turns and a huge curveball thrown in near the end. When I started reading the first part I found it was pleasant enough but then boom – things started to pick up at a pace and the drama was unfolding at speed.

Kate and Lincoln came together under a hidden agenda unbeknownst to Kate at the time. When the truth is
Nina ~ Meleth Bookaddicted ~
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Whew! What a wild ride! There’s so much happening in GOODBYE, KATE by Nicola Haken that I needed to collect my thoughts first before starting my review. Let me just say how excited I am that there’s finally a new book by this talented author. Eek!! I loved her gay romances, and it wasn’t even a question that I’d pick up this beauty as well. And, truly, it doesn’t matter – MM or MF – this lady rocks both!

The story of Kate and Lincoln is laced with so many surprises and even more little twists tha
Jax
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It kept me gripped from the beginning and I couldn’t wait to see where it ended. And boy did it take you on a rollercoaster ride of twists to get there. It kept me guessing. It kept me on the edge of my seat. It was brilliant.
Eileen Robinson
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
OMG !! This book wasn't at all what i expected. IT WAS SO MUCH MORE!!
Kate is happy in her life, engaged for 2 years to her adoring fiance Simon and now just about to start the job of her dreams.
And boom!!! This is where the plot and twists with this book begin!! Be prepared for a hell of a ride, it's brutal and one where life changes in an instant and you don't even know where or who you are. When you can trust no one, and have to fight to even survive!!! When everything and everyone you love tu
Serena Worker
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kate finally has a job at the aquarium, it’s not ideal but she’s using it to get where she wants, her fiancé, Simon, still gives her tingle, so everything is where she wants it. Kate wonders how she’s going to go as she won’t know anyone there and doesn’t make friends easily.
Lincoln knows his boss Arthur Cowan and Kate’s father, Harold Fletcher, have been at war, in between times of truces but that all stopped when Arthur’s son ended up in their crossfire, now Arthur wanted Harold’s child hurt.
Zane Kage
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5
I'm not really much of an MF reader these days. I turned an MM corner a few years back and for the most part, I stayed there. Every once in awhile, I'll venture out and gander a read. In this case I did so because I've really enjoyed Nicola's MM books. Imagine my surprise when this turned out to be my favorite Nicola read thus far!

I loved Lincoln and Kate and their story, with all its twists and turns. A combination of action-adventure, suspense, and romance, this book was a nail-biter. I start
Caitlin Audet
My rating: 3.5

Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Goodbye, Kate by Nicola Haken is the story of two worlds colliding, the right side of the law and the underground where the criminals rule. Knowing this book was dark and contained monsters totally caught my attention and I was so eager to get to reading. This was also another story where the author was new to me so I was perfectly content to go in not knowing what to expect. Sadly though Goodbye, Kate quickly became not for me an
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nicola Haken is a new to me author, and all I've been asking myself since I finished this amazing story was, where the hell have I been?! I want to break down the whole story so badly, but honestly, it's just better to go in blind like I did. However, I want to tell you that Lincoln & Kate's story was pure fire! It had it all, emotional angst for days. Please be advised that there's also some very dark undertones that are hard to read about. Then there's the twists & turns that really were throu ...more
TDCbookreviews
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nicola-haken
Kate lives with her fiance Simon and is starting a new job working in guest relations at an aquarium. She's pretty nervous as she's only ever worked in her father's restaurant, but she's ready to go out on her own. Then one day Kate is kidnapped and everything she thought she knew changes. Lincoln has worked for the Cowan's for years, and they are trusting him to get revenge on Harold Fletcher - another crime boss and the man behind the death of their son. Their idea of revenge is to kill Fletch ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I have never read anything by this author before and I’m so glad to have done so now. This tale just blew me away. The emotion and drama hit me like a freight train from the very beginning was worth every single rising heartbeat that I felt.

Kate and Simon are the happy couple in this story, it starts off with sunshine and rainbows. Kate wants to start a new chapter in her work life but what she encounters is a life of lies and deceit that hit me so hard, my head just didn't stop spinning. I mea
Kylie The Bookaholick
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Once My Eyes Were Opened My World Changed Stars

Kate is a good girl, she loves her father and her fiance, Simon. Her world is prefect and she is just starting a job that she loves. All is good in the world, right? Then in a flash her world is rocked and things Kate once thought were true are now a lie. This innocent girl is thrusted to the forefront of betrayal and violence that she never imagined existed besides in the movies.

Simon the love of her life is gone and in front of her is a killer n
Jamie Chomyc
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Niccola Haken and even though it's out of usual genre I really enjoyed it!! This book is Lincoln and Kate's story and what a story it is!! Trust me when I say nothing is what it seems!! Kate has been shielded her whole life and she is about to land in a big pile of truth that would make most people crumble but not Kate!! I had to go back and read some chapters over because I missed things that were important this book is one hell of a brutal rollercoaster ri ...more
Within The Pages Book Blog
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Goodbye Kate is a romantic suspense that got much better as the book went on. Kate is a 24 year old living with her fiancé. She works as a guest relations person at an Aquarium where she answers questions. Simon is her fiancé and he works construction, but all is not how it seems. Kate finds herself kidnapped with a hit contract out on her. While kidnapped Kate learns her father is a mob boss with enemies who want her dead in order to hurt him. Simon turns out to be her kidnapper, Simon explains ...more
Krista
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Kate has lived a naive life and hasn't a clue about the people around her. Simon, her fiance, isn't who she thinks he is. Her dad's job isn't what she thinks it is. Unfortunately for her, this causes her to get caught up in the middle of someone else's war. The book is set in England/France. At times her naiveness is irritating, but when it counts she steps up. Lincoln is an interesting character who goes against what he knows for Kate. The Rosemary twist was the best part of the book for me. I ...more
booklover
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**ARC RECEIVED FOR HONEST REVIEW**
I've read all of this authors MM books and have to admit, when I was offered this arc I was concerned as to how this story would be. I needn't have worried though.
There's so much I want to say/write about this comeback book from this author but I can't. If I do, I'll end up giving too much away!
Right from the start there's a LOT going on.
This, as I've said, is full of action, drama, angst and emotion!
We get really in depth views of each character, and see how t
Paula D
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a intense, nail biting read! Kate is engaged to Simon has amazing job until one day getting kidnapped and her life as she knew it has changed. I couldn’t put this book down! With so many lies I don’t know how Kate does it but the woman is so strong. Simon wow just crazy, intense and it’s so much more to him that will surprise you. Wanna book that will have you turning pages just to know what happens next this is that book! 5/5 stars
 Tania
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Goodbye, Kate popped my Nicola Haken cherry.
Now let me start off by saying that this book was great, it's action packed, full of drama and suspense.
It starts with Kate and Simon being the loving couple and so happily in love.
Kate decides to start a new chapter in her work life not realising that soon a tangled web of lies will be unraveled..
This book is a must read and I'll definitely be reading more from this author. 4.5 Stars
Sandra Loves Reading
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Goodbye, Kate is the first of Nicola Haken's books that I've read. And I have to say it absolutely captured my imagination.
Without wanting to give the plot away, let me just say...this lady is the mistress of red herrings...certain things seem so cut and dried, but they weren't. Plots had twists and the twists had further twists!
Kate and Lincoln are great characters, the plot is excellent and the book is very well written.
MUST READ
Stephanie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!!! This story had me from the first page all the way to the end. Just everything about this book is amazing. Nicola Haken has put everything into this book. The deception, action, drama, angst and love! I would love to say so much more but it would be a spoiler. I just got to say that you need this book in your life!! Such an amazing book that I just can't get enough of.
Katie Silvi
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I literally adore Goodbye, Kate. When I started reading it I thought it meant something completely different. But, the way in which it played out was freaking perfect. It's a great book, that I have already recommended to all my girls.

I love mafia world books so much. But I loved that this didnt focus solely on it. It was a quick read for me. One that I'm going to enjoyed again and again.
The Book Cave  (Devon
Mysterious

This book was good! This was the first book I've read by the author.

At first I felt the book was missing something then realised the author was trying not to give the entire plot away.

Kate and Lincoln are total opposites but perfect for each other even though Lincoln thinks otherwise.

It has an air of mystery around the entire book that keeps you reading.
Shaztwirl
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

A very nicely written story. Turns out this author writes MF just as well as she writes MM. The romance aspect of the storyline did feel a little cliché at times but I guess there's only so many ways a story of this kind can go. But that won't take away from your enjoyment of this book.
Tasha Talks Books Blog
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a Mafia hardcore book that left me wondering WTF!!!! This was amazing and totally had me glued to the pages from page 1 on. This was the first book I have read by the author but definitely will not be the last.

• Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)
  • Roma King (Roma Royals Duet #1)
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • Endless (Merciless, #4)
  • Pride (The Elite Seven, #2)
  • Absolution
  • Breathless (Merciless, #3)
  • Conor (Boston Underworld #6)
  • Havoc (Tattoos and Ties Duet, #1)
  • Torn (Dark Legacy Duet #2)
  • Bloodstained Beauty
  • Catastrophe Queen
  • Legacy of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #1)
  • Throne of Lies (Legacy of Lies, #0.5)
  • Nothing Lasts Forever (Battle Born MC #2)
  • Wrath (The Elite Seven, #3)
  • Cold Cole Heart
Romance Author.

I live in not-so-sunny Rochdale, England (true northern girl!) with my five kids - one of whom many refer to as my husband. I write about life, and love, and all the beauty and angst that come with them.

All in all I'm just an ordinary gal with an addiction to reading, tattoos, and Pepsi Max. I don't like even numbers or metal spoons, and I'm allergic to exercise.

Please note: I do