Start by marking “Pro .Net Memory Management: For Better Code, Performance, and Scalability” as Want to Read:
Pro .Net Memory Management: For Better Code, Performance, and Scalability

Pro .Net Memory Management: For Better Code, Performance, and Scalability

Understand .NET memory management internal workings, pitfalls, and techniques in order to effectively avoid a wide range of performance and scalability problems in your software. Despite automatic memory management in .NET, there are many advantages to be found in understanding how .NET memory works and how you can best write software that interacts with it efficiently and ...more
Published November 13th 2018 by Apress

To ask other readers questions about Pro .Net Memory Management, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pro .Net Memory Management

Start your review of Pro .Net Memory Management: For Better Code, Performance, and Scalability
Szymon Kulec
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 stars means amazing.

There are some technical books that show you how something works. And that's it. There's this other kind, which guides you through the woods, showing you breadcrumbs to follow. It allows you to think about the content and ideas presented, and reason what are the next steps. This book definitely belongs to the second kind.

It contains a lot of knowledge presented in a good format. Every chapter is supported by a summary and/or some scenarios where you can apply the already ga
Piotr Stapp
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I know Konrad personally and that was the main reason I started reading this book. I was sure that I will read it by skipping a lot and probably don't learn a lot.
I was WRONG! Totally WRONG! I even didn't finish it and already apply some knowledge to fix a problem. Will I solve it without the book? Yes, but this will take me probably longer, much longer.

I'm amazed how Konrad explains difficult concepts in simple worlds. And still, you can read it on the bus (on Kindle of course). I
Gerard Gunnewijk
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am currently still reading this book. The books contains so much awesome knowledge. My understanding of memory management grew with leaps compared to what I used to know.

+1 must read for every .NET developer.

Makes me more aware of the impact of the code I write.
Marcin Jałbrzykowski
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nowadays, computers, smartphones and other electronic devices have more and more RAM available. Microsoft creating the .NET platform took care of providing mechanisms responsible for automatic memory management. This allows developers to focus on implementing business logic and quickly delivering applications to the market. Unfortunately, these aspects also reduce the importance of effective memory management in the software development process. Developers become unaware of what is happening wit ...more
Wiktor Golonka
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! Definitely a must-read for any .NET developer of any seniority.
Book is full of very deep, technical knowledge about .NET internals and regardless of immense number of pages it's just so interesting I swallowed it whole in few days.
Besides of the raw technical content it also provides many great tips of how we can improve performance and debug memory related issues of any .NET application.
Łukasz Pyrzyk
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book about .NET runtime that I have read. Konrad goes through the basic assumptions of each application, such as a pile or stack, and then slowly goes to the meat. The chapters are completed with great summaries and usage examples that can help you understand the topic.

It's very worth to read. I recommend to have clear mind and notebook next to you, because you are going to learn a lot!
Stefan
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An extensive overview of Memory Management in .NET with common pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Highly recommended for everyone interested in the (bottomless) depths of Memory Management.
Tomas Herceg
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book covering fascinating details about the .NET Runtime. Even if you write business applications where performance and memory efficiency is not a priority, this book is worth reading.
feidaokuan
Jane Ryzhikova
May 16, 2020
Wiktor
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing amount of knowledge packed in quite a big book. Don't be afraid, it's well explained and helps with understanding what's going on underneath your application and how you can write more efficient applications! Thanks a lot Konrad for that masterpiece!
Paulo Ricardo Stradioti
Deloor
Apr 29, 2020
Jarosław Adamczyk
Dec 10, 2019

• Hands-On Domain-Driven Design with .NET Core: Tackling complexity in the heart of software by putting DDD principles into practice
  • Domain-Driven Design Distilled
  • Mastering Docker - Second Edition: Master this widely used containerization tool
  • Clean Architecture
  • Clean Agile: Back to Basics
  • Designing Data-Intensive Applications
  • ng-book 2: The complete Book on AngularJS 2
  • The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you
  • Get Your Hands Dirty on Clean Architecture: A hands-on guide to creating clean web applications with code examples in Java
  • AOP in .NET: Practical Aspect-Oriented Programming
  • The Majesty of Vue.js
  • Implementation Patterns
  • Liminal Thinking

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Konrad is programming for over a dozen years, solving performance problems and architectural puzzles in the .NET world, speeding up web applications. Working as independent software development consultant. He also shares his passion as a trainer at Bottega IT Solutions in the area of .NET, especialy about application performance and diagnostics. He also provides customized on-site trainings dedica ...more