Start by marking “Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3)

Emerald Green

(Edelstein-Trilogie #3)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  58,874 ratings  ·  5,143 reviews
Gwen has a destiny to fulfill, but no one will tell her what it is. She’s only recently learned that she is the Ruby, the final member of the time-traveling Circle of Twelve, and since then nothing has been going right. She suspects the founder of the Circle, Count Saint-German, is up to something nefarious, but nobody will believe her. And she’s just learned that her char ...more
Audiobook, Unabridged - OverDrive
Published October 8th 2013 by Macmillan Audio (first published December 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Emerald Green, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Amanda Lynn Meyer 1. not sure
1. not sure
2. Mr. Bernard is either Gwen's nephew or great-nephew (since her brother/sister was born around 1919-1920) and depending on Mr. Bernard's age.(less)
vic (indefinite hiatus)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  58,874 ratings  ·  5,143 reviews

Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You mean he's not afraid of me because I'm a woman? He ought to see Tomb Raider sometime. For all he knows, I could have a nuclear bomb under my dress and a hand grenade in each cup of my bra. I call it antifeminist!”

This was the best book in the trilogy. I call it an outstanding finale. More excitement, more thrill, more fun, more emotions and so many unexpected twists and turns. I love this whole series so much, it has exactly what I look for in books: a fantastic way to escape reality for a
Ferdy
Spoilers

What's what: Time travel, vague prophecies, silly heroine, douchey hero, evul Count with nefarious plans, oh noes, can silly heroine/douchey hero stop evul Count?

-Gwen was a mopey cow, all she did was whine about Gideon, jump to conclusions about him, and get jealous whenever he was around other girls. She should have been concentrating on her time travel or on finding a way to stop that evul Count guy instead of acting all melodramatic about a guy she'd only met a couple of weeks ago.
G
Fenia
No.its over. no. I NEED MORE!!! :''( I will never get over these books!!! SO GOOD!!! Okay lets review this bitch. Ready? Ready when you are. *crying* These books were so magical,funny,enlightening,dark,mysterious,tear-making,ground-breaking..addicting!!! ♥
I love love love Gideon and Gwen..orrr shall i say Gwenny?? *starts crying again* Even if their relationship was formed in only a couple of weeks,maybe a month, i really loved them together. They were meant to be and they are perfect for each
Lara
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Did you know that Gideon and I were trained in Krav Maga?"
Charlotte took another step closer to me, and I automatically took one back.
"No, but did you know that at this moment you look like that crazy rodent in Ice Age?"

It was a cute ending.

Overall Precious Stone Trilogy was a cute and fast paced story. I wish whole event took more than 2 weeks because it seems unreal to fall in love this deeply and learning all the information in 2 weeks.
I wasn't expecting the last turn of events at all! (
Regan
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
3.5

I really enjoyed this book and the series overall. However, I found the story (especially the end) a tad too convenient. Also insta love was SO present. And Gwen was a drama queen and didn't really have her priorities straight.
Marianneboss
This is the story of how a potentially good premise and a relatively good and entertaining first book turned into a disappointing sequel and a friggin' mess at the end.
Seriously, I'm utterly surprised at how quickly it all went downhill since the moment those two kids kissed at the end of first book. From that on, it was all about Gwendolyn's raging hormones and how she just lost her senses around plain and bland Gideon (those descriptions making him seem like a greek god don't live up to how ac
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
4 Stars!
(BR with Lexie)

photo 1b2c9a05-5470-4008-80ef-d7222167d243_zpsibanj4cq.jpg

-We can't stop time, but it will sometimes stand still for love. PEARL S. BUCK

photo ece01455-fa4a-4a59-829a-b64afeeff453_zpsypkcqb48.jpg

Emerald Green is the final book in the story of the two in love time travelling teenagers Gideon de Villiers & Gwyneth Shepherd. Gideon is this gorgeous cool guy all the girls are after & Gwen is the 16 yr. old normal girl in HS who is thrown into the world of time travel, & can also suddenly see ghosts. Gideon & Gwen are part of a secret group of twelve time travelers. They a
Trina (Between Chapters)
This was the best of the trilogy because it played with time travel the best. I read them all back to back and I'm not sure how the books would really stand up on their own because there was definitely only one arc that you had to wait until book 3 to see any twists or payoff. One twist was soooooo transparent though, and I felt like this just could have done more with the cool premise.

Caution - LOTS of fat shaming throughout. I remember chapter 9 being pretty full of it. Descriptions like "his
Gwyneth “Gwen” Shepherd is in a race against time—past, present and future. She’s the last in a long line of time travelers, tied to the infamous Comte de St. Germaine, hunted through the ages by a rival secret society called the Florentine Alliance. The time travel gene only appears in one family member per generation, and up until a few weeks ago, everyone assumed it was Gwen’s overachieving cousin Charlotte.

Now our awkward, rather goofy heroine has days to cram a lifetime’s worth of educatio
Jaz
I really enjoyed this book, in fact, the entire trilogy has been amazing. I think all the problems I had with Gwen's age or whatever, did not matter so much because this story is very, very good. It's true that perhaps, this could have been better as a standalone or a bilogy, but anyway...

I think, my only objection is that the story takes place on a couple of weeks, maybe two in total. And so, the love story felt quite rushed. But, we need to see the positive side, there is no love triangles her
Lia
How am I so behind on my reviews? How? *deep sigh*

Emerald Green was disappointing. I might as well get this out of the way really quickly, because while I really enjoyed reading both Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue - they were funny and light-hearted and extremely entertaining - I was thoroughly unimpressed with this one. The writing style was the same as always - not particularly flowery, but it flowed nicely nonetheless - but most of the things that made me excited about the first two books were go
Suzanne
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series! This book was a good conclusion to the series. I was expecting a bit more but in the end I have no complaints. I read this trilogy pretty quickly because I was so entertained with plot. I am currently in the process of reading the author's Silver trilogy, which is also very good!
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
And so ends the wonderful re-read of this series. Gwen and Gideon will always hold a special place in my heart. There were a few loose ends I feel like could have tied things up a little more nicely but it's fine, really. I enjoyed the final epilogue with Lucy and Paul too--it was nice to see everyone had their happily ever after. :)

"Ready?" I asked with a grin.
"Ready when you are," he replied, grinning back.
Oda Renate
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Time Travel fans, Humor fans, romantics
My first reread of this.
Its been so long some aspects I had forgot, so the villain completely suprised, so yeay :D
This book, this trilogy is so good.
I really recomend it.
Still havent seen the movies really want to.
Also, Caroline is so fun :)
And Xemerious :)
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
This was such a great series. I might have to add this one to my physical collection. I love Gwyneth and Gideon as characters and as a romance. And the story is very intriguing. But I do wish it was a little better explained. Like where did the chronograph come from and why did it work the way that it did and why did it create a philosopher's stone? And where did the prophecies come from? Someone from the future who knew all that happened must have traveled back and made them, but who and why?

W
Krystal Bond
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite being unhappy with the ending, I still really enjoyed this series as a whole. I wish they wouldn't have wrapped things up so quickly and gave a bit more details throughout the book. It has potential to be a 5 star book, but there were just a few things that were left to vague that caused it to miss the mark. I wish there was one more book in this series to continue the story on. The author could easily get more out of this story.
Kelsey
Actual Rating; 4,5

Hello, plottwists! I love these books so much and they should get more attention. The series is in my top3!

But I really love the relationship between Gwynneth and Gideon. They’re so cute! This was my 3th or 4th reread. I didnt understand the sexual references the first few times. This time I got them all. Xemerius is a king in those :’). If there wasn’t a xemerius in the books, then it would have been kinda boring! But needless to say that I love theses books!
Steffi
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Hearts can't be broken because they're made of marzipan.”

I just love love love the Precious Stone Trilogy! I don't know how many times I have already re-read these books, but it's always funny to read them, no matter how old I am.

Emerald Green is the last installment and it's definitely as good as the previous two. However, the first part was a little bit long-drawned, because our poor Gwendolyn (Gwyneth) was whiny at the beginning. Nevertheless, Gwen has Leslie (Lesley) and Xemerius, who hel
Ashley Daviau
Although this was by far the best book out of the three, I'm still extremely relieved that it's finally over! I had heard so much good about this series and was extremely disappointed. I did really enjoy the time travelling aspect but the characters were two dimensional and very juvenile. I just couldn't relate to them at all. All three books are going into a pile to bring to my local used bookstore in exchange for books I'll hopefully enjoy more!
mina
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
This was a fun series that I’m happy I read.

Xemerius is still my favorite character and the scenes where was are gold. I don’t remember how I felt about Gwen in the previous books but I did like her here, although I wasn’t so excited for the romance it did have some nice moments.
Carla *Jen7waters*
☆High Lady of The Night Court☆
I really liked all three books in this trilogy. The plot is pretty simple but the books are very fun and pleasant reads. The characters are nice to get to know and Lesley is possibly my favorite person. I enjoyed all the books and I especially liked the quotes scattered around in the books. I finished this trilogy without breaks in it and I think it's pretty fast paced. I feel like most of the plot took place in this book, but that could be because I've gathered information from the first two bo ...more
Alyssa
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier
Book Three of the Ruby Red trilogy
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Publication Date: October 8, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Source: ARC won from a giveaway

Summary (from Goodreads):

Gwen has a destiny to fulfill, but no one will tell her what it is.

Carla
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this story so much! Ending was a bit rushed but except for that it was amazing!
Ellie Red
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was mesmerized from the very first page of ''Ruby Red'' to the last page of ''Emerald Green''.
Kerstin Gier managed to create a magical world, filled with wonders, adrenaline, humor and teenage love.
The theme of time travel was always a fascinating thing to read and very easily for one to get lost while reading about it.
Especially ''Emerald Green'' was the best of the three books and I believe it ended in the best way possible.
If you are keen on reading wonderful fiction, this is your book seri
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Great way to finish it off. Much more action than the other 2 and so many interesting twists and turns!!
Iris
HOLY SHIT THOSE WERE SOME PLOT TWISTS. Overall a mediocre book still, but OMG TH PLOT TWISTS.

(I should specify, a lot of the plot twists were INCREDIBLY predictable, but there were a few at the end that elicited this reaction and made me temporarily forget about how predictable the others were)

RTC.
Olga
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book on Thursday but I had no internet to update :(
THIS TRILOGY WAS SO MUCH FUN. All of these characters are so cool, I'm gonna miss them haha. I think this one is my favorite in the trilogy :)
Amy
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, german
WORDS! I HAVE NONE! Review (and proper rating) to come.....

I couldn't put it down. I laughed. I giggled. I moaned. I sighed. I rolled my eyes. I raised an eyebrow.
In short.....what is so addicting about this series? It is so terrible and yet so absorbing. Emerald Green was better than Sapphire Blue. I don't think it was as good as Ruby Red...but mainly because it was a bewildering, out of nowhere sort of ending. I've pushed off writing this review 24 hours, hoping somehow to make up my mind abo
Karen ⊰✿
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uno_2016
Just when I didn't think Gier could make Gwendolyn any more irritating, along came book three.
This series had so much potential, but was really a great idea poorly executed.
I'm sure there are loads of people that love the "Insta-Love" stuff, but add to that the ENDLESS babbling about it from our main character and it really ruined this book for me. I also agree with some other reviews, that it really didn't feel like there was enough material for three books, and so this one dragged quite a bit
Questions (Dr. White, plot holes, etc..)? 9 300 Dec 09, 2017 02:04PM
Gideon's ability??? 7 280 Mar 21, 2017 07:15PM
Are Gwen and Mr. Bernard related? 4 206 Jan 14, 2017 01:02PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier - Restarting February 18th 2016 31 168 Feb 17, 2016 01:43AM
Read-along: Emerald Green 44 65 Aug 27, 2015 10:53AM

• Arcadia Burns (Arcadia, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Das Blut des Dämons (Dawn & Julien, #3)
  • Der Sturm (Das Tal Season 1, #3)
  • Dark Canopy (Dark Canopy, #1)
  • Ascheherz
  • Lucian
  • David und Juna (Das verbotene Eden, #1)
  • Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Everlasting. Der Mann, der aus der Zeit fiel
  • Dornenkuss (Splitterherz, #3)
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

Edelstein-Trilogie (3 books)
  • Rubinrot (Edelstein-Trilogie, #1)
  • Saphirblau (Edelstein-Trilogie, #2)
“¿No podríamos seguir siendo amigos?... -Seguro que muere un hada cada vez que en algún lugar del mundo se formula esta pregunta.” 176 likes
“Hearts can't be broken because they're made of marzipan.” 110 likes