Start by marking “Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Sia Martinez and the M...

Raquel Vasquez Gilliland

Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Pitched as a Mexican Jessica Jones racing through a David Arnold novel with a pitstop in Roswell, the novel centers on a Mexican-American girl who discovers that her mother was abducted by aliens. Publication is planned for summer 2020.
Hardcover
Expected publication: 2020

Be the first to ask a question about Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything

All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn  GraceWhere Dreams Descend by Janella AngelesA Song of Wraiths and Ruin by Roseanne A. BrownThe Lucky Ones by Liz LawsonThe Silence of Bones by June Hur
YA Debuts 2020
103 books — 151 voters
Untitled by Sarah J. MaasUntitled by Leigh BardugoOne of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManusUntitled by Susan DennardHeart of Flames by Nicki Pau-Preto
YA Novels of 2020
536 books — 825 voters

More lists with this book...

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Shannon Doleski
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything changed my soul. It nourished me. It is one of my favorite YAs I've ever read in the history of the world and young adult literature.

This book, like all beautiful art, contains layers that weave into an unforgettable story.

One layer is a YA contemp, beautifully written and plotted, about a Mexican-American teen grieving the deportation, then death, of her mother who has lived in the US since she was six months old. It is a relevant and timely
Tanya
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up WAY past my bedtime to finish, Sia Martinez and the Moonlit Beginning of Everything, because I just couldn't put it down. It's the genre-bending YA book that I didn't know I needed. Truthfully, I had no idea what I was getting into, and in a way, the zero expectations I had, allowed me to take in the story organically, as if I was walking into an unfamiliar forest—not knowing what was up ahead, but enjoying the journey, tree by tree, flower by flower, leaf by leaf, rock by rock.

The
Jenny Moke
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Voice is so huge to me when it comes to reading, so please understand when I say SIA HAS ONE OF THE BEST VOICES I'VE READ IN A LONG LONG TIME. Like, she could describe an old shoe to me and I would be moony as hell. Vasquez Gilliland's beautiful, poetic, heartbreaking voice builds the desert world of Arizona into a wonderland of in-between spaces and histories within histories.

Artemisia is trying to mourn the death of her mother, lost in the Sonoran Desert after the local sheriff cruelly has her
Arden Prins
Jun 02, 2019
Joss
Jan 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
Mexican Jessica Jones?? I NEED this.
Cande
Apr 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020, latinx-author
ME NEEDS!!! please and thank you
Chantel Acevedo