Start by marking “The Last Snowfall (Stand Tall, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Last Snowfall (Stand Tall, #2)

The Last Snowfall

(Stand Tall #2)

A WINTER’S TALE

After racking up serious injuries, world-famous snowboarder Nate Forrest returns to the West Virginia coal town that has been his family’s home for generations. The transition’s a challenge, but there’s nothing more beautiful than snow. Except maybe Dr. Lacey Berryville. How can Nate resist this tender-hearted vet who adores every living creature and isn’
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 204 pages
Published May 21st 2019 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about The Last Snowfall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Snowfall

Start your review of The Last Snowfall (Stand Tall, #2)
Cathy Geha
May 19, 2019 rated it liked it
The Last Snowfall by Kathleen Gilles-Seidel
Standing Tall #2

Mixed feelings on this one. I love this author’s books read LONG ago and keep hoping to connect with her newer books in the same way but this series so far has felt less deep and more difficult for me to connect with. In some ways this book, though romance, feels more like a New Adult romance and that is not my favorite genre because the issues the characters and couple tend to face are not ones I can relate to as easily.

In this book Na
Maria
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review"
“The Last Snowfall”, by Kathleen Gilles Seidel, is an engrossing story, beautifully written, with great, compelling characters (human and canine) and a gorgeous setting, in West Virginia.
Nate is the most unexpected anti-wounded hero, downplaying his injuries like he were made of rubber, completely self-deprecating and a paradoxically low-profile personality, yet very caring and kind, too.
His “crackling energy” and adventurous streak
Cheri
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle, netgalley
I don’t know quite where to begin with this review, so I’m going to jump right in. The good, the bad, and the ugly. But there is no ugly. There’s definitely good and bad, though.

When I reviewed the first book in this series, The Fourth Summer, I found this author’s writing to be a bit stilted. I’m happy to report I didn’t have that issue with this story. I felt the narrative flowed smoothly. There are quite a few inconsistencies in the tale, but you all know I’m a stickler for continuity. There’
Kevin
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Despite being nearly overshadowed by Tank and Hex, a pair of adorable dogs who are part of the story, Nate Forrest and Dr. Lacey Berryville meet and find true love in the second novel of Kathleen Gilles Seidel's "Standing Tall" series, THE LAST SNOWFALL.

Nate Forrest is passing through his hometown of Forrest, West Virginia, on his way to a friend's wedding. A snowstorm delays the trip for a couple days, during which time he meets veterinarian Lacey Berryville. Nate, a retired professional snowbo
Liz Flaherty
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've never made it a secret that I think Kathleen Gilles Seidel has one of the premier writing voices of the last several decades. Her latest offering, the second in the Stand Tall series, is further proof that I'm right about that. The story of the veterinarian and the has-been snow boarder in a little West Virginia town is compelling on its own, but it's Ms. Seidel's ability to build characters that keeps me listening.
Thanks to net galley for the ARC.
Barbara Tobey
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An unusual love story. I don't usually dislike some of the characters in a tale unless it is a mystery and they are the ones that end up getting bumped off. I was grateful for the ending wrapping up some of the reasons for the behaviors. The past was revealed on the main characters along the way. Two dogs played starring roles, especially one that had me in tears. I look forward to reading more by Kathleen Gilles Seidel. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Kathleen Gray
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Snowboarder Nate and veterinarian Lacey-what a pair! Oh, and Tank and Hex, the dogs! This is a light, fun read about two people who are at opposite ends of several spectrums. They meet in West Virginia during a snow storm and well, things aren't cold by the end. You know more or less what's going to happen but Seidel has a nice touch and makes the getting there worth your time. Thanks to net galley for the ARC.
Nancy McFadden
Jun 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Disappointing

I'm a huge KGS fan, but she either wrote this one in the 1970s and tried to update it, or wrote it on a publisher's schedule rather than her own. It's certainly not horrible, but nowhere near what I expect from her. Sorry, Kathleen.
Reba Love
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
S ?lighthearted romance

Don't expect any heavy drama here,but it is a fun read. A young vet learns that sometimes you don't have to be self sufficient. Sometimes you can rely on those who care about you
C bond
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
not bad, an ok read.
Rachel C.
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: popfic-romance
This one felt a bit dated and phoned-in. Tank the dog might have been the best character.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

Rating: ★★✬☆☆ (2.5/5 Stars)
Title: The Last Snowfall
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level:
Favorite Quote(s): N/A
Overall Opinion:
“The Last Snowfall” was a cute read but didn't engage me enough to continue to the end. I liked the overall flow the author was able create with the writing and the
Marcia
Rodney A. Poling
May 21, 2019
Sheryl Stump
May 31, 2020

• Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • Murder in Belgravia (A Mayfair 100 Murder Mystery #1)
  • Bred in the Bone (Widow's Island #4)
  • Life and Other Inconveniences
  • The Summer of Sunshine and Margot
  • Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • American Witch (American Witch, #1)
  • A Life of Contrasts: An Autobiography
  • Parkland: Birth of a Movement
  • White Wedding
  • Beyond the Thirty-Nine Steps: A Life of John Buchan
  • The Christmas Invitation
  • The Dancing Bear
  • Jeneration X: One Reluctant Adult's Attempt to Unarrest Her Arrested Development; Or, Why It's  Never Too Late for Her Dumb Ass to Learn Why Froot Loops Are Not for Dinner
  • Five Windows
  • The Marriage Bureau: The True Story of How Two Matchmakers Arranged Love in Wartime London
  • The Viceroy's Daughters: The Lives of the Curzon Sisters
  • A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell, #4)

Stand Tall (3 books)
  • The Fourth Summer (Stand Tall, #1)
  • Autumn's Child (Standing Tall Book 3)