Start by marking “The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan: The Professional Guide to Profitable Self-Publishing” as Want to Read:

Are you ready to turn your passion into a profitable business?
The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan is loaded with proven strategies, real-world examples, and fascinating interviews with successful authors who started from scratch just like you. In this content-rich book, you will learn how to:
•Identify profit opportunities from and around your book
•Set up a legitimate and
Published September 26th 2018 by Authority Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan

Start your review of The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan: The Professional Guide to Profitable Self-Publishing
Fred Fanning
Shelves: writing
An excellent book for anyone that is or wants to be a non-fiction author. The book is filled with valuable information focused on the publishing process for non-fiction books. Usually writing books focus on fiction and tell you these procedures will also work for non-fiction. This book is precisely the opposite. It says what works for non-fiction. I have never read another book so focused on non-fiction. The well-written book has information that explains how to implement the process if I want. ...more
Jeanette Chaplin
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: authors
Stephanie Chandler has been the go-to person for entrepreneurial authors for the past decade. I still have a copy of her 2007 book From Entrepreneur to Infopreneur on my shelves, so I was delighted when I was recruited to read a beta copy of her newest book, The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan: The Professional Guide to Profitable Self-Publishing with co-author Karl W. Palachuk.

This book is a must-have for any non-fiction author considering independent publishing. It is well-written and
Rachel Heslin
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd been looking at self-publishing as a "stepping stone" to signing with a traditional publisher. However, this book has me re-evaluating whether that's still the best route for me to take.

The publishing world has changed dramatically over the past decade such that the cachet and (supposed) wider distribution provided by traditional publishers is no longer an automatic draw. Chandler and Palachuk provide strategies for not just writing and marketing non-fiction books, but also developing
Nancy
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book, and it's the only book I've found about self publishing exclusively for nonfiction authors. There is a brief section on working with a publisher, as well, which covers the subject in general and is informative. The authors cover everything you can imagine in nonfiction self-publishing, showing they really care about helping us authors publish our work successfully. No frills, no pies in the sky, just the facts generously supplemented with personal experience and ...more
Latrece Johnson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the one you keep on hand! It gives you information that is easy to understand and translate into your professional business as an author. You can use the 5C's that Chandler discusses whether you are the author or the editor. There is a sample author interview and a section on 'what needs an ISBN'--invaluable information throughout this book. If you are truly serious about being and becoming an independent author, this book is a 'must-add-must-reference' resource.
Carla King
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I put my highlighter away because the whole book was turning yellow. This guide to "profitable" self-publishing is just that. It's about making money as an author, as an expert, as a business. It's for authors who want to make money and for businesspeople who want to write a book to promote their businesses. It's inspiring as well as informative with actionable steps you can take to make your book sell. It also includes interviews with successful nonfiction authors so you can see how they did it ...more
Susan Mecca
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan took me much longer to read than usual—because I kept stopping to implement the amazing suggestions the authors made.

If you are planning to publish in the next 12 months or if you have already published your book—as I have—get this book!!! It will save you time, money, and frustration! Even eighteen months after publishing my book, I found a huge number of ideas that I can implement now.

Stephanie and Karl, thank you for sharing your in-depth and timely
Craig K.
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Practical, concise, and filled with valuable information for those considering self-publishing. From the nuts and bolts needed to assemble your book to hazards to watch out for, this book has it all.
Gigi Langer
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I WISH I HAD OWNED THIS BOOK!!
If you’re thinking of self-publishing your book, I highly recommend this comprehensive guide by Stephanie Chandler & Karl Palachuk.
Last February, I self-published “50 Ways to Worry Less Now” by hiring freelance experts for editing, typesetting, cover design, and proofreading. I found a wonderful printer and distributer, Thomson-Shore, near Ann Arbor, MI. I love how the book turned out. It’s already won an award and is selling well.
To learn how to produce
Andrew
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thorough and Up-to-Date

Easily the best of the how-to guides for authors considering self-publishing. It covers all the bases, clearly and in enough detail to be genuinely helpful to newbies and seasoned authors alike.
Steven Howard
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally, a book on book publishing and marketing relevant for nonfiction authors.

Full of insight, useful tips, and resources, this book should be the go-to guide for anyone contemplating writing and publishing nonfiction books. It also has valuable information for those of us already experienced in the world of nonfiction publishing, as I myself found out when reading it.

The authors divide the book publishing process into three phases: before launch, during the launch period, and post launch.
Julie
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I purchased this particular book for two reasons: 1) it focuses on nonfiction only, and 2) it was recently published. I certainly do appreciate the authors focusing on nonfiction, where no other self-publishing book does (and most are highly focused on fiction). It was important to me to find a self-publishing book that was current, as things in this market are constantly changing. This book delivered on my criteria.

The authors offer practical advice for the entire process, from idea conception
Allyson
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This comprehensive overview will guide the beginning self-publisher in producing and marketing a nonfiction book. I received an advance copy of this book to review and while I take issue with their heavily biased portrayal of the traditional publishing route and noted several factual errors that the authors are investigating--none that a reader wouldn't quickly discover for themselves so not a high risk of bad results from misinformation, but contributing to a lower star rating--overall I still ...more
Jill
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The authors focus specifically on writing and publishing nonfiction from initial creation up through marketing. Interviews with published authors are mixed throughout to provide perspectives from those who have successfully completed the proposed activities. The chapter on Beta reader what particularly interested and may be an area that nonfiction writer overlook. The overall focus is on self-publishing. Resources are provided.
Melinda M
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan: The Professional Guide to Profitable Self-Publishing by Stephanie Chandler gives you a step by step way to publish and to be profitable. Stephanie Chandler does a wonderful job of providing all the information and steps for an author or business to success in self publish. This book shows how much the publishing word has changes. It is very informative.

I won a copy thru a Goodreads Giveaway.
Jill
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Melisa Blankenship
This was a well-written book for beginners. They describe the self-publishing process from beginning to end, along with pros and cons for all of the different options. I have the kindle copy and have several pages bookmarked for reference if I decide to self-publish. I would recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about authoring a book.
Mary Ann
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having a few ideas for nonfiction books, I felt overwhelmed about how to approach going forward until I read The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan by Stephanie Chandler. Now I feel empowered to start putting pen to paper!
Steve Friedman
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book for aspiring authors. Full of so much information and guidance. I never thought of authorship as a business. Now they are opening up the doors to so much more! I now have visions and plans to build on top of my passion for writing.
Ellen Krohne
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of interesting tips.
Kathryn
Apr 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Did not finish
Cynthia
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-s
Lots of good and inspiring info. Will consult again and again.
Francis Shaw
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A helpful guide, most suited to newcomers considering writing nonfiction. It's updated with the latest information on all areas in an ever-changing marketplace.
Gwen Keegan
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Great resources. Full of helpful information. I was given a free pre-published digital copy as a beta-reader and have also bought a cooy for the click-able resources. Great job!
Deborah Kulish
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I like how this book uses specifics about how to do the steps in the book, very actionable and helpful. I bought a paper copy to keep on my desk as a quick reference. Great advice!
Alan Northcott
Sep 15, 2018
Allison
Nov 06, 2018

• In the Common Interest 2: Embracing Five Star Customer Service
  • Farewell: Vital End-of-Life Questions with Candid Answers from a Leading Palliative and Hospice Physician
  • B State: A New Roadmap for Bold Leadership, Brave Culture, and Breakthrough Results
  • The United States of Opioids: A Prescription for Liberating a Nation in Pain
  • The Author's On-Line Presence
  • Yoko
  • The Halloween Parade
  • Yoko Writes Her Name
  • Ponies
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • A Pocket for Corduroy
  • Inch by Inch
  • City Dog, Country Frog
  • Embers
  • The Miracle Morning for Real Estate Agents: It's Your Time to Rise and Shine
  • Selling Used Books Online: The Complete Guide to Bookselling at Amazon's Marketplace and Other Online Sites
  • Footnotes from the World's Greatest Bookstores: True Tales and Lost Moments from Book Buyers, Booksellers, and Book Lovers
  • Dragon's Code (Pern, #25)
Stephanie Chandler is the author of several books including The Nonfiction Book Publishing Plan: The Professional Guide to Profitable Self-Publishing, The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan: Online and Offline Promotion Strategies to Build Your Audience and Sell More Books, and Own your Niche: Hype-Free Internet Marketing Tactics to Establish Authority in Your Field and Promote Your Service-Based ...more