Start by marking “Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)

Heated Rivalry

(Game Changers #2)

Nothing interferes with Shane Hollander’s game—definitely not the sexy rival he loves to hate.

Pro hockey star Shane Hollander isn’t just crazy talented, he’s got a spotless reputation. Hockey is his life. Now that he’s captain of the Montreal Voyageurs, he won’t let anything jeopardize that, especially the sexy Russian whose hard body keeps him awake at night.

Boston Bears
Published March 25th 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Heated Rivalry, please sign up.
Rachel Reid Nope! It's a standalone. It will spoil some events that happen in the first book, but other than that you can read it without reading Game Changer!

Start your review of Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
chan ☆
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to chan ☆ by: Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
when hayley gives you an MM romance recommendation, just take it

THIS WAS SO FCKING GOOD! and proves why i shouldn't film my best of videos until like... after december is over lol. this is probably my favorite enemies to lovers romance of all time. there were HIGH stakes, TONS of steamy scenes, and a relationship that built over YEARS. it felt like this book was written just for me.

i think my main gripe about enemies to lovers is that authors are so quick to jump from characters that loathe each
Judith

They hated each other but they couldn't keep their hands off each other...

Not so much enemies to lovers but enemies AND lovers.... nothing better ( this stuff makes me swoon)

This book pushed all my buttons in the very best way.I absolutely loved it.

Fierce rivalry on the ice rink and even fiercer passion between the sheets.

Shane and Ilya are both 19 when come into the media spotlight.Not just because they're such promising young players but their hatred for each other becomes legendary.Wouldn
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I loooooved Heated Rivalry, and thanks to Rachel Reid, I'm on a total book high right now.

I have a weakness for hockey players and hockey romances, so I felt compelled to try another book in Rachel Reid's hockey series even though I didn't love Game Changer. And I'm SO glad I did because Heated Rivalry gave me all the feels.

Though the book has lots of sex in it, it's still a romance-first story, even though that romance is slow burn and takes a long time to get there. I loved seeing these two
Shile
GAAAAAAHHH!!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK!!

As for the Audiobook, let's just say it is tolerable. I bumped the speed up and it worked. Good thing the story is fantastic.

"I hate you."
"I know, Now Suck my dick"

That is so sexy!!! Ilya!! GAAAAAAAHH!!!

*************************************************
“I want to be in your lap when you fuck me. Facing you. Holding you.”

description

GAAAAAAAH!!! BOOKS! BOOKS! And MORE BOOKS! Where would I be without BOOKS?

Warning! GUSHING! GUSHING AND MORE GUSHING!!!

MC 1: Shane

MC 2: Ilya

L
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Heated Rivalry, which can be read as a standalone, is very different from the first book in the series. It's edgier and has bitter undertones, while the first book was all sweetness.

This is a true enemies-to-lovers story in that the two MCs are huge rivals on the ice while fucking each other's brains out off the ice. Their torrid affair is super hush-hush.

The story spans several years. There is some angst, a lot of smokin' sexy times, and a strong HFN.

I loved both MCs and the secondary charact
Wendy
12/2/19 Had to do a little re-read before I started book 3. Still just as awesome ;)

4,5

I really enjoyed the first book in this series Game Changer I mean who doesn't love a good gay "sports" romance ?? And hey...we are talking hockey here !!

But I've got to be honest and say that this second book, outshined the first one by miles ... for me that is. I absolutely loved this book and I fell head over heels in love with Ilya Rozanov... 7e6c22cc4c29adb0f4a619d0806b71f1

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor marry me please gif

This one has one of my favorite tropes... "enemies to lovers" Boy
Bhavya Marya
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was so FUCKING good. I have no words honestly.
Their banter had me going like this for half the book.

description

You know you're in love with a book when you immediately start from the begining to read it again. True story.
I've also re-read this book countless times since the first time I read it.

When I went into this book, I thought I was just gonna read another enemies-to-lovers book. But this story just stands out for me in that genre. It's one of the best M/M romances I've ever had the pleasure of
Simone
Lordy lord, have mercy on my ovaries! LOL

Shane pushed the other man back against the shower wall and kissed him aggressively. It was always like this. Shoving and cursing each other and battling for control until one of both of them gave in and allowed themselves the release they both craved.

Damn, this story is an almost perfect hockey rivalry romance and soooo ticked all of my boxes...

Bildergebnis für checked box enemies-to-lovers with the suitable banter to prove it

Bildergebnis für checked box slow b
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
True story. I read the first book in this series AFTER I read the blurb for this one.

One might say a solid case could be made for me having a "problem" with the enemies to lovers trope based on this information so... let's just keep it between us, k?

Ilya Rozanov was introduced in Game Changer but this could easily be read as a standalone. I liked the first book fine but I LOVED this one. Ilya and his bear tattoo having "for Russia!" ass shot to the top of my most favorite characters ever list.
Jan
mwana
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Sports Romance
Recommended to mwana by: Shile
Reasons you should read this book:

Ilya motherfucking Rozanov.
Alisa
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had not cared much for the first book in the series but I saw so many glowing reviews of this one I decided to give this one a try. Turns out this author is not going to be for me.

It started really good. For the first 15% or so I thought this was going to be a great read. We meet Shane and Ilya in their current messed up situation and then it jumps back in time to them being teenage rookies and just meeting. Then I realized this was a pattern. They meet up, have sex, leave. Meet up, have sex,
Moony Eliver
Hi. So... yeah. I loved the forking hell out of this story. As I read it, I kept expecting that saccharine (or a variety of different overboard elements) was right around the corner, but it never happened. The banter was on point, the protagonists were robust and stayed in character, the relationship was sexy and excellent and kept its tension throughout. Also, I might need to be a hockey fan now. Which is at least good timing, right here in the middle of the playoffs.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Sports reads are one of my favorite genre's. Add in a little enemies to lovers and I am one happy gal. I thought this was a great addition to the series.

While I found the first half a bit slow and repetitive, I was never bored. I think the build up of their relationship was important, but I just wanted them to hurry up and get to the part where Ilya and Shane weren’t just a hook-up for each other.

No unnecessary drama which is always a plus. Great chemistry, some good banter, and plen
Adam

Well damn. Straight to the favourites shelf.

'Heated Rivalry' delivered on everything - great characters, a lot of heat, enemies to lovers, forbidden love, heat, some comedy, heat, so many feels...

...also did I mention the HEAT ?

Rising hockey stars Shane Hollander and Ilya Rozanov really do begin as enemies from the get-go. It's not simply that they're competing for the same prize - they just can't stand each other.

Ilya's a total douchenozzle, while Shane's has the golden-boy holier-t
Aine (Lianne)✨
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HA HA what a surprise I actually love this! I kinda really have a thing for enemies to lovers/hate to love trope and it's getting out of hand. This is somewhat different tho and I like it a lot!

"Shane fought to keep his voice even. “I might open the door.”
Rozanov smiled. “I might knock.”

So the audiobook still sounds... uhm... not good but tolerable this time. The story got me hooked so I really kinda don't really mind the ridiculous narration. This one is WAY WAY BETTER for me than the first.

~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars!

So much angst!

I'm not a huge fan of angst that lasts throughout the majority of the book. I really hate it when the characters don't get it together until the book is almost over. I don't enjoy going back and forth from the past to the now. So with this book having all of that it really shouldn't have worked for me... Yet it did.

I liked seeing how it began and how the relationship developed throughout their teens into their late 20's. It gives the reader a chance to get to know the ch
Dia
4,5 stars

This is the second book in the Game Changers series by Rachel Reid. I haven't read the first book but I can honestly say this can be read as a stand-alone.

I'm not a fan of stories that span over many years, but here it worked for me. It starts in the present but then goes back to when the main characters met and their story is revealed slowly.

Shane Hollander and Ilya Rozanov are enemies on the ice but they just can't keep the distance. The attraction is huge! In bed they are like fire.
Eugenia
Audiobook June 2020: 5 Stars!! Tor Thom delivered on this book. I was scared to do this audiobook because of the horrible experience I had with book one in the series. I needn’t have worried—he was phenomenal here! 👏👏

Original ebook review - July 2019
HOT & SWEATY Enemies-to-Lovers!!!

Maybe enemies-to-hook-ups-to-enemies over and over before the LOVERS part came into play!! 4.5 Growly Stars!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

HOCKEY FANS REJOICE!! 👏👏👏 This was a HOT 🔥🔥 and DELICIOUS treat with a lot of alpha posturing on a
Gigi
ORIGINAL OBSERVATION: “This sounds super cute but after seeing friend's reviews, I'm going to pass for now. Apparently there is limited romance in this one.”

FRIENDS TELL ME TO GO FOR IT ANYWAY: “Never mind, Ele and Mel changed my mind!”

CURRENT TIME: “I actually agree with the reviewers who said this book didn’t have much romance in it, until the last 20%.” It was hard to watch these men (view spoiler)
Ky
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the books I wish I could read again for the first time

I love stories that span over many years of the characters' lives. They feel more real, wholesome and well developed. "Heated Rivalry" takes us through about a decade in Shane's and Ilya's lives and it gave so much depth to the story and the characters.

The book is split in four parts and it slowly takes us through the phases of their relationship, from the early days when it was more hate than anything else, all the way to pres
Hollis
"You are very beautiful."
"Hottest Man in the NHL, according to Cosmopolitan."
"They are idiots. They put me at number five. Five!"
"It does seem generous."

I'm pretty stingy with ratings. I know it, you know it, it's just how it is. However.. today is not that day.

"I like girls."
"Yeah, no shit."
"But I also like you."
"Well, lucky me."
"Not as a person, of course. But you have a good mouth."

This is an easy five because of the total and utter joy that is this book. I had such a good time reading it, se
Melanie A.
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS!
He wanted to tell Shane that the closest he felt to home was when he was with him.
I see what all the fuss is about! Rachel Reid has really created something special here.

It didn't start out that way though . . . not in my opinion anyway. In fact, I thought Shane and Ilya began as cardboard cutouts, Shane as the goody-goody Canadian, and Ilya as the cold, big-bad Russian. Sure, they were having HOT hate-sex . . .
He hated himself for wanting any of this. But not enou
Xia Xia
This is now my 3rd favorite enemies-to-lovers book EVER after Captive Prince and Voinov's Special Forces - Soldiers.

I finished this one days ago but I didn't post my review because I found a tweet from the author that was making fun with other authors of a review written by a friend. Of course, I saw red and I got very. very pissed and disappointed. The author was called out by several of us and she apologized, mentioning she would never do it again.

So **cheers** to second chances.

Dear Rachel,
Renée

So I'll start by saying that Rachel Reid, a new-to-me-author, is talented and has a future in the genre. I did enjoy her writing style quite a bit.

But Shane and Ilya's story just didn't do it for me. Don't take my word for it because all I see are 4- and 5-star reviews for those with ARCs of this book.

Here is why I couldn't rate it higher:
1. The way the story was told - Opening chapter is some weird hate sex, with no context, and it was totally jarring - not totally hot. And then the ne
Corina
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: Second read was as good as first time around - love these two so much ♥︎

___________________________________

Wow what a book!!

Epic, sexy, and one of the best MM stories so far!!

It's also one of the best enemies to lovers novels I ever read.

I finished Heated Rivalry in one sitting. Actually read until 1am, thanks to it being a Saturday and I didn't have to stop reading. I was hooked from the very beginning, actually vibrating with the tension and overall epicness of it all.

This book is to 9
Ele
*4.5 stars*

This took me completely by surprise. I admit I had second thoughts after requesting this book and I let it sitting in my kindle for weeks ! Sports romance is not really a favorite genre and this is the first book I read by this author. Joke’s on me! I only have a couple of niggles but overall, there is so much to love about this book!

-Enemies to lovers done so right! At first it’s real enemies and the sex is nothing but crazy chemistry between them. But the transition to more feelings
Rachel Reid
Sep 17, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Heated Rivalry is the second book in the Game Changers series and it is Ilya Rozanov's story! I had a lot of fun writing this one. It's pretty different from Game Changer. It's not quite enemies-to-lovers, but if you're a fan of that trope this might be for you.
Shin Mon Thway
Uh, folks! I’m sorry but I took too long to write this review and I can’t remember anything now except that it was a 5 stars read. 😬 I was on a vacation when I read this book and never got around to writing a review. If you love genuine enemies to lovers trope, go for it. And I’m going to do a reread next week to write a proper review. Sorry for this sloppy one but I enjoyed the hell out of it. That I remember. 😅😅😅

5 review coming soon stars

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Turning Pages At ...: Heated Rivalry (Game Changers #2) by Rachel Reid 69 29 Jan 09, 2020 12:25PM

• Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Top Secret
  • Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend #5)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey #1)
  • #Junkie (GearShark, #1)
  • Pop Star (Famous #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Empty Net (Scoring Chances, #4)
  • Jude (Lucky #3)
  • The Last Text
Rachel Reid is the pen name of Rachelle Goguen. She chose it because it is much easier to say, spell and remember than Rachelle Goguen!

Rachel writes cute, romantic smut, mostly about hockey players. Her Game Changers m/m hockey romance series is available from Carina Press.

Rachel/Rachelle lives in Nova Scotia, Canada. She has always lived there, and it's looking like she probably always will. She

Game Changers (6 books)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Tough Guy (Game Changers, #3)
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Role Model (Game Changers, #5)
  • The Long Game (Game Changers, #6)

News & Interviews

“…And I want to learn Russian. I wasn’t kidding about that.”

“I’ll teach you.”

Shane smiled so wide and bright, Ilya almost had to look away.

“I should let you sleep,” Shane said.

“Da. Yes. Okay.”

And then… Shane kissed the tips of two fingers and reached out and touched them to the screen. And Ilya’s heart fucking stopped.”
2 likes
“Ilya was wearing a Boston Bears shirt.
"That's not going to help."
"Oh, do they not know I play for Boston?”
2 likes