Start by marking “Heated Rivalry (Game Changers #2)” as Want to Read:
Heated Rivalry (Game Changers #2)

Heated Rivalry

(Game Changers #2)

Nothing interferes with Shane Hollander’s game—definitely not the sexy rival he loves to hate.

Pro hockey star Shane Hollander isn’t just crazy talented, he’s got a spotless reputation. Hockey is his life. Now that he’s captain of the Montreal Voyageurs, he won’t let anything jeopardize that, especially the sexy Russian whose hard body keeps him awake at night.

Boston Bears
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: March 25th 2019 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Heated Rivalry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heated Rivalry

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I loooooved Heated Rivalry, and thanks to Rachel Reid, I'm on a total book high right now.

I have a weakness for hockey players and hockey romances, so I felt compelled to try another book in Rachel Reid's hockey series even though I didn't love Game Changer. And I'm SO glad I did because Heated Rivalry gave me all the feels.

Though the book has lots of sex in it, it's still a romance-first story, even though that romance is slow burn and takes a long time to get there. I loved seeing these two
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Heated Rivalry, which can be read as a standalone, is very different from the first book in the series. It's edgier and has bitter undertones, while the first book was all sweetness.

This is a true enemies-to-lovers story in that the two MCs are huge rivals on the ice while fucking each other's brains out off the ice. Their torrid affair is super hush-hush.

The story spans several years. There is some angst, a lot of smokin' sexy times, and a strong HFN.

I loved both MCs and the secondary charact
Zoe
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steamy, emotional, and alluring!

In this second novel in the Game Changers series, Heated Rivalry, Reid gives us a sweet and spicy, enemies-to-more romance that highlights the struggles and hardships of falling in love with someone of the same sex when you’re a professional athlete.

The prose is tender and titillating. The characters are bold, driven, and charming. And the plot is a sultry, push-pull tale full of sexual innuendoes, red-hot chemistry, flirty banter, familial drama, friendship, comp
Cadiva
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh this book is utterly delicious, I absolutely love enemies to lovers and this one takes that trope and runs with it in a brilliant way.

Not only is the narrative style itself unusual - the story starts with a Prologue in the present time and then takes the reader seven years in the past to tell the epic romance of two ice hockey rivals - but the enemies to lovers element is twisted from an incendiary sexual attraction into a deep and abiding love.

I even wasn't in the slightest bit bothered by t
Rachel Reid
Sep 17, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Heated Rivalry is the second book in the Game Changers series and it is Ilya Rozanov's story! I had a lot of fun writing this one. It's pretty different from Game Changer. It's not quite enemies-to-lovers, but if you're a fan of that trope this might be for you.
.Lili.
-Sports romance
-Sports rivals
-Some angst
-Hot sex scenes
-And an ending that was believable but still felt like a HEA

I loved this, my favorite of the series. Rachel Reid is on my radar and becoming an auto-read.

4.5 Stars
Brown Eyed Girl ~Suzanne~
I loved this book!!!! Enemies to lovers has to be my favorite trope and when it’s done right, like it was done here, I feel so giddy! I didn’t want this book to end and that feeling hasn’t happened to me in such a long time.

I read the first Game Changers book and I enjoyed it but this book had a totally different feel. Shane and Ilya have been secretly hooking up for years. They are on different NHL teams and have one of the biggest rivalries in hockey. The book is set up in parts and in the fi
Natasha
Review also on my blogTwitterBookstagram

Actual rating: 4.5/5

Rep: gay main character, bisexual main character, biracial (white/Japanese) main character

Content warnings: explicit sexual content, homophobic language, parent death

Release date: 25th March 2019

I received an arc from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review

Rozanov was a lot of things, but he wasn't boring. He frustrated Shane on the ice, and flustered him off the ice. Shane wanted to crosscheck him in the mout
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, sports, arc
Zaza
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
* 3.75 *

Shane et Ilya sont deux hockeyeurs rivaux, le genre de rivalité dont la presse et les fans raffolent. Ils sont constamment en compétition l'un contre l'autre, c'est à qui sera marquera le plus de buts, qui remportera le plus de victoires ... Bref, c'est une compétition acharnée, marquée par une très forte animosité et une détestation mutuelle. Seulement, une fois que les patins sont rangés, lorsqu'ils sont dans la même ville après un match l'un contre l'autre, s'ils continuent à se mesur
Natalie
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

Book one, Game Changer, was good but I *fluved* Shane and Ilya’s story. It’s much deeper than Scott and Kip’s tale, mostly because Shane and Ilya have more difficult struggles both individually and together. From the first time they meet on the ice at 17, Ilya and Shane strike sparks whenever they face off but neither understands why they want each other so badly. They’re competitors, Ilya is a sarcastic jerk and they hate each other but the hate sex is so good! Flashbacks to their fir
Natalie
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaime
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc

Hmmm. I’m trying to sort out my feelings on this one.

I admit, I almost DNF this one throughout part one. I couldn’t get past how insecure Shane was and how he got embarrassed ALL. THE. TIME. Over and over again it was “Shane was mortified.” “Shane was humiliated.” “Shane blushed with embarrassment.” He’s an amazing hockey player, shouldn’t he have some self confidence? It was honestly to the point where I questioned whether he would ever be successful as an adult in the NHL. Drove me crazy.

Whi
msartemysia
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author sent me a copy of this book because I begged for it a little more than a little. I am SO NOT above begging for Russian hockey players and Boston hockey franchises, okay?

I cannot be trusted with the plot of this book because it's a too fantastic, wonderful, I-have-read-it-more-than-fifteen-times-in-a-row-now, take-my-breath-away kind of love story. PRE-ORDER this NOW. Thank me later.

The first chapter is included at the end of Game Changer, so I will comment on that because the public
Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews
As many know, hockey romances are all the rage. That said, they tend to be very heteronormative. So the discovery of Heated Rivalry was very exciting. I haven't read book one, and it looks like it ties in slightly, but all it did is made me want to read book one. One of the things I loved about it was that the two guys who end up falling in love are also bitter rivals. Though that's more because the media pitted them against each other than anything else. The characters felt really authentic, an ...more
Chancellor Fangirl
I usually prefer my smut in an historical setting, but the idea of Canadian/Russian hockey rivals becoming more than just fuck buddies sounded too delicious to pass up. I've never been so happy I gave a contemporary story a chance, because I love this. The characters are great, the sex it hot, and it's often laugh out loud funny. There's a book before it in the series (Game Changer), but this works fine on its own. Although now I absolutely plan on checking out book one.

I'm so grateful to have b
Elle
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars (rounded to 4 stars)

I enjoyed this story. I loved the characters, Illya and Shane; they were so well developed and fleshed out. We got a sense of how they were feeling and experiencing everything. Their slow-burn romance was great!

The only criticism I had was that Part One and Part Two dragged a bit if both parts had been trimmed down and merged it would've made the story even better!

This book I would recommend for anyone that loves a smutty, sports, hate-to-love, romance.

(I kindly rec
Sahar
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
I liked how the romance between Shane and Ilya was getting more intense chapter after chapter. I grew attached to these two pretty quickly and I found them to be so moving in their struggle.
I think I'm going to read the first book of the series. The bit about Scott Hunter got me intrigued.
Jai (TheBookNista)
review to come!
Coltostallion
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rivals/enemies to friends to more. Excellent pacing and just generally enjoyable in all ways. The characters were all realistic and enjoyable and there was a great balance of plot and smut.
Crystal
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book from this author, and I enjoyed it. A sexy hockey romance, which is definitely something I alwats love!
Tara
Feb 05, 2019
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
Jan 25, 2019
Christina
Feb 18, 2019
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
I'm a huge fan of sports romance and MM so when they're combined I always jump at the chance to read it. This is the first time I've read anything from Rachel Reid and I was pleasantly surprised with it. This doesn't make it in my top 5 of mm sports romance but it was good and I loved the similarities of Syd and Ovie. If those two were living in an alternate universe.

At times there was more sex than substance and it did feel like it got dragged out for a bit. As well as when feeling were finall
CC
Feb 16, 2019
Monty
Feb 18, 2019
Nicole Jacobs
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rachel Reid has done it again!
I was completely invested in the relationship between Ilya and Shane. No Spoilers here but...... They really were made well for each other.

The only downfall is I want more!! I want to see when certain events that are discussed happened and I just want more time with these characters.

And I demand a full scene where Ilya is teaching Shane Russian 😍

I can't wait for the next book from this author, her romances are flawless! And sexy to the core.

Thank you! Netgalley
Rachel Reid is the pen name of Rachelle Goguen. She chose it because it is much easier to say, spell and remember than Rachelle Goguen!

Rachel writes cute, romantic smut, mostly about hockey players.

Rachelle co-hosts a comic book podcast called Living Between Wednesdays.

Rachel/Rachelle lives in Nova Scotia, Canada. She has always lived there, and it's looking like she probably always will. She has

Game Changers (2 books)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)