Start by marking “Girl in the Rearview Mirror” as Want to Read:
Girl in the Rearview Mirror

Girl in the Rearview Mirror

-- Megan Abbott, bestselling author of Dare Me and Give Me Your Hand

I never meant to lie. That is, I never wanted to.

They are Phoenix’s First Family: handsome Philip Martin, son of the sitting Senator, an ex-football player who carries himself with an easy grace and appears destined to step into his father’s seat when the time is right; his wife Marina, the stylish and el
Kindle Edition
Published June 18th 2019 by William Morrow (first published June 16th 2019)

Start your review of Girl in the Rearview Mirror
Katie B
Decent story but the characters were duds. Despite the fact there was some backstory provided, I still didn't quite get the main character, Finn. It's a shame the characters were the problem here rather than the plot. Usually it's the other way around.

Finn Hunt is the nanny for 4 year old Amabel, the daughter of Philip and Marina Martin. Philip's father is a senator in Arizona, and the hope is one day Philip will be able to slide in and take his seat once his father decides to step down. Despite
Krystal
This is a tough one to rate because it was definitely an addictive read but it still fell a little flat for me.

The plot involves Finn, who works as a nanny for the Martins - senator's son, Philip, his wife, Marina, and their four-year-old precocious bundle of sass, Amabel. Naturally they're loaded and Finn benefits from this rich lifestyle, until a strange girl shows up making accusations that threaten to upset Finn's place in this opulent world.

Finn is not a likeable protagonist. She's got a se
Brenda
2.5 s

Finn Hunt – previously named Natalie – was after a fresh start when she arrived in Phoenix, Arizona, but she had no idea how her life would change. When Philip Martin hired her to be nanny to his four-year-old daughter, Finn was secretly thrilled about her entry into the privileged world of a Senator’s son and his high society wife. And she quickly adored Amabel – the fit into the family felt right. But when a young woman was noticed, first by Amabel – “she’s following me” – and then by Fi
Dennis
Girl in the Rearview Mirror is a domestic/family drama with a political thriller flair. This book's slowburning build-up really didn't amount to the amount of action I was expecting. The characters weren't likable and the plot wasn't anything super original. It's definitely a good beach read, but it just wasn't for me.
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

The title intrigued me from the start. Does it mean not looking back? Does it mean looking the other way? Does it mean keeping your secrets and your past hidden?

We meet Finn whose real name is Natalie, but she doesn't tell anyone because she wants to hide her past.

Finn left her home and moved to Arizona, worked in the office of a Senator's son, and then became the nanny for his four-year-old daughter.

Everyone seemed to have secrets, told lies, were manipulative, and users. Some of the characters
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
Girl in the Rearview Mirror is the exhilarating debut novel from Kelsey Rae Dimberg. A book about explosive secrets, a hidden past, extortion and scandal, this is an intense novel that proved to be a perplexing read.

Girl in the Rearview Mirror is a story of family secrets, individual lies and a dogged determination to reveal the truth. A novel that firmly sits in the thriller genre, this debut from Kelsey Rae Dimberg unveils the story of Finn Hunt. Finn is a
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was slow starting out but when it got good it got really good. I did not like the ending at all. I must say the good parts were good parts. (Ha HA Like that). But I like Finn the detective is what I like to call her. She had her nose in everything.
I will be looking for Dimberg's next book.
I gave this book 3.5 stars. Pick up a copy and let me know what you think about it.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expre
TL
I won this via goodreads giveaways in exchange for an honest review. All my opinions are my own.
----

3.25-3.5 stars

It was a good story but for me it was more mystery and suspense and light on the thriller part. Maybe cause I've read many in this drama and watch lots of Dateline on ID. *shrugs*

It kept me intrigued from beginning to end:)

Not as sure what else to say about this.. it didn't blow me away but it was still a decent read.
Gilly Macmillan
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stylish and cool, this is a thriller that examines an ordinary life subsumed and intoxicated by a world of wealth, privilege and power. Superbly executed and tense to the very last page.
Maria V. Snyder
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is one of my book club selections. It's a thriller/mystery one of those unreliable narrator types like Gone Girl, Girl on the Trail, etc... The writing was strong and the plot moved along at a fast clip. It didn't take me long to read it. If you enjoy those types of books, then this fits right in to that sub-genre.

I had a hard time connecting with the main protagonist - Finn. In this type of book, the main protagonist can't reveal everything because they're unreliable - the reader does
Lois
This starts off somewhat intriguing but never really finds it feet. The main character was unsympathetic to me after expressing her bullshit opinion about how the political climate is hard on white men. Again, no one cares that white men are now facing minor consequences, that largely amount to inconveniences, when they are outed in racist, sexist, antisemtic, transphobic or homophobic statements, actions or policies. Relax, white men are still allowed to be bullies, they're just gonna be called ...more
Faith
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is clearly trying to cash in on the girl-with-secrets craze, but it was too pedestrian to hold my interest. Finn is the girl in the title of this book. She has left another persona and an unspecified secret behind her before becoming the nanny for, Amabel, the granddaughter of a senator from Arizona. Finn is not someone you should hire. When Finn discovers that a woman is stalking Amabel she doesn’t tell the parents, instead she talks to Iris-the-stalker and then inserts herself into t ...more
Diana Iozzia
“Girl in the Rearview Mirror”
Written by Kelsey Rae Dimberg
Review written by Diana Iozzia

“Girl in the Rearview Mirror” was a very divisive thriller for me. I think that my interest level in this book was high when I first began, but I grew less and less interested as I continued to read. The book follows the story of Finn (female), who becomes entangled with many mysteries surrounding the political family she works for. Finn is shady, all on her own, from the secrets she hides and the stories she
Melissa (LifeFullyBooked)
This book was ok, but suffers from a plethora of awful characters. I read some other reviews and I'm definitely not alone in my thinking this. The basic plot is fairly good, but I could not even bring myself to care about any of these characters in the slightest.
Finn is flat. Her armchair detective work serves absolutely no purpose in the story other than to make her seem off balance and more bizarre. At one point she thought her drink was being drugged with sleeping pills, so what does she do?
Nicole
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Meh. The book wasn’t amazing. The book wasn’t horrible. It was...meh.

There was a touch of the Kennedy Family. The main character’s past wasn’t as horrible as the dust jacket had me believing. The climax hit in the middle & it took a long time to get to the unimpressive ending.

I was moved by Amabel. Being a mother, with a 4 year old daughter, I was affected deeply by her. And even more so by her Senator grandfather.

Overall, I’m not mad that I read it. I just won’t be pushing it onto others.
Lynn
Jun 13, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book is awful. The author had the writing style of a teenager that just learned what a simile is. Very cringy and hard to get through. This book drags on slowly, full of paragraphs of unnecessary and elementary descriptives. All of the characters are unlikeable as well. No main theme shines through. A truly disappointing debut book for this author.
TXGAL1
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Start your summer off with this sizzling debut novel from Kelsey Rae Dimberg, GIRL IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR. It is fast-paced and brings the heat.

Finn is an interior designer stuck in a boring office job to pay off her college debt when, through a stroke of luck, she is offered the position of nanny to pretty and precocious Amabel, the four year-old granddaughter of a current Arizona senator and member of a politically powerful and privileged family.

Senator Jim Martin is in the midst of a re-elect
Alia
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Oh my god, you have GOT to be kidding me.

First off, the main character is so unbelievably wishy-washy, I got whiplash from reading her thought processes. She would literally believe anything she heard about, even when it obviously wasn't true. Also, she was unhealthily obsessed with the family she was a nanny for, believing she was acting on their behalf when she was really just trying to be one of them. She even called herself a Martin, but she wasn't. Again, she was their nanny.
Also, I don't k
Bethany
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cheryl
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok, so I have mixed feelings about this book. I liked it as far as thrillers go but at the same time I felt it was lacking on the strong character connection and storyline.

From the summary, I knew that everyone had a secret and no one was innocent. Yet, when all of the cards were laid on the table, the secrets were not that jar dropping. Maybe I am being a bit harsh as this is my favorite genre. Finn's secret was most disappointing. I thought it was going to be something huge. Not to excuse wha
Indya Hurt
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Another “Girl Does Something” book! Don’t care what it’s about, I’m going to read it!

I’ll admit, I thought I had this book totally figured out. And I *almost* did. I got the Why, the Who, and the How, but I was totally off the mark on the What. (However I steadfastly believe that what I thought was the What would’ve been far more satisfying. What?)

A lot of extra characters, most of them just annoying. The storyline moves forward choppily - no sense of time. What I thought was several months was
Joann
First of all, I won this ARC book through a Goodread's Giveaway. Thanks to all for making this possible and for me to leave an honest review. Thanks also to William Morrow of HarperCollins Publishers. My first thought while reading this book was "Where have you been hiding this talented author?". I believe this is her debut but it doesn't read like one. This author will definitely be on my radar for up-coming books. This is a dazzlingly, twisty and great psychological novel that had me flipping ...more
Sonica
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you, William Morrow Books for my copy of Girl in the Rearview Mirror, in exchange for my honest review.  This title released June 18, 2019.

Finn Hunt (formerly Natalie) is the nanny to Amabel Martin, the granddaughter of Arizona’s Senator.  Amabel's parents are Philip and Marina; Philip is next in line for the position of Senator once his father steps down from office and this family has a whole closet of secrets to hide.

Finn stumbled upon the job of many to young Amabel by accident and I n
Denise
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
Girl in the Rearview Mirror is a debut novel by author, Kelsey Rae Dimberg. The premise of the book was intriguing - power and politics intermingled with secrets and scandal; however, despite some flashes of brilliance, the book was disappointing overall.

Finn Hunt is the nanny for the young daughter of Philip and Marina Martin. Philip's father is a senator in Arizona, and Philip is being groomed as his father's replacement upon retirement. Finn, who is overly fascinated with Philip, feels like
Anissa
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for this one but alas it wasn't a stunner. This also had the hook of a political family, so I was really excited. I've been having bad luck with the thriller end of mysteries of late. My expectations are high and there are so many that I'm running into more middling than magnificent. Here, the biggest problem was the main character, Finn. She was the sort of character that often did things that made no sense and it became quite clear early on that the story needed her to do that ...more
Roxanne
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: coun-libstl
It wasn't very thrilling, good writing just wasn't sure what the mystery was.
Mary
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it's hard to love a book when you can't stand the LC. Our Finn is an absolute moron. She just does one stupid thing after the next. Yes, I know, that's how she gets into what she gets into. But STILL. I didn't feel any connection to the characters, it seemed as though there was no connection between the characters either. There were no twists, no surprises, it wasn't thrilling. While it entertained me, it also disappointed.
Brooklyn Tayla
Very interesting- I have a lot of thoughts about this one, review to come upon or shortly after Australian Publication date- thank you Pan Macmillan Australia for providing me with a copy of this book to review.
Susanne Gulde
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is well written, but I just couldn't get into the story or care about the characters and their actions. I thought the plot wandered and was too long.
I wondered as I was reading it if was written for readers much younger than I am, who would enjoy it much more.
˗ˏˋ zöe ! ♕ˊˎ˗

• Dear Wife
  • The Perfect Wife
  • The Escape Room
  • A Stranger on the Beach
I’m Kelsey Rae Dimberg, author of GIRL IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR—a debut novel about a nanny who becomes embroiled in a powerful family’s secrets, set in the blistering heat of an Arizona summer. CrimeReads called it one of the Most Anticipated Crime Books of Summer.

Setting is a major inspiration for me: I’ve moved around frequently, both when I was growing up and as an adult. I’ve lived in Seattle,