Start by marking “Dear Wife” as Want to Read:
Dear Wife

Dear Wife

From the bestselling author of The Marriage Lie and Three Days Missing comes a riveting new novel of suspense about a woman who, in a fight for survival, must decide just how far she'll go to escape the person she once loved

Beth Murphy is on the run...

Expected publication: June 25th 2019 by Park Row

To ask other readers questions about Dear Wife, please sign up.
Kimberly Belle It's up on Netgalley, and there will be giveaways here and on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyBell.... Thanks for your interest, hope you…moreIt's up on Netgalley, and there will be giveaways here and on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyBell.... Thanks for your interest, hope you get your hands on a copy! (less)

Meredith
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Unputdownable!!

Dear Wife is a suspenseful and twisty read about a woman on the run and another who has gone missing. Are they one and the same or is there more going on than meets the eye?

“Beth” is on the run from her abusive husband. She has a plan and must not veer off course or else she will become her husband's prey.

Sabine, a prominent realtor in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, has gone missing. Her deadbeat husband, Jeffery, is the number one suspect in her disappearance.

Jeffery, well, he has so
Susanne  Strong
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read, netgalley
4.25 Stars* (rounded down)

Just call this Creepy and Cray-Cray and Call it a Day!

Marriage: It’s not that bad (Really!).. at least not according to Jeffrey. Ask his wife Sabine and you might get a different answer. The problem of course, is that you can’t ask Sabine. She’s missing and well, you know how it works, once Jeffrey discovers it and reports his wife missing, his sister-in-law Ingrid and the police suspect Jeffrey of murder. After all, he and Sabine had a few tense moments and well, it’
j e w e l s
FIVE STARS yep, I just gave this one another star! I read it awhile back and I'm still thinking about it-- it's so much better than the last book I read, so....I’m feeling quite charitable with the stars😊

DEAR WIFE is a juicy, female driven thriller. There are actually a few wives that go missing in this novel and you, the reader, are tasked with the fun work of untangling the knots of which wives go with which husbands or lovers. It is an extremely clever literary ruse that Kimberly Belle has co
Kendall
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Dear wife, I found you"

Oh my goodness!! Boy, did I have fun with this one! What a ride!!

Dear Wife is an exceptionally dark thriller that will leave you highly entertained turning those pages. This was my first read by Kimberly Belle and am glad I finally read something by her!

Kimberly Belle delivers part domestic fiction and part thriller with this juicy set of characters. Beth Murphy is on the run and has been planning this for over a year. Who is she running from and why?

Sabine Hardison is
Dorie  - Traveling Sister :)
I was looking for a thriller to get me through yet another miserable, cold and rainy weekend. This one did the job, I didn’t do anything else but read this yesterday. This is that compulsive read that so many thrillers say they are but few deliver.

From the blurb you know that Beth is on the run from her abusive husband, that Sabine is missing and that the police, in particular Marcus, are increasingly distraught at not having any substantial clues to solve the case. There are a multitude of wel
Kaceey
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5*
Wowza! That was one finely-crafted, twisty tale!

Beth Murphy needs to disappear! Leaving an abusive relationship behind. One thing she knows for certain…if he finds her, he will kill her. How far does she need to go before she’s safe? How deeply under cover can she hide? And will it ever be enough?

A flurry of moving parts taking place. Her husband proclaiming his innocence. Her sister pointing fingers. The detective in charge turning over every rock!

This is the second book by Kimberly Belle
Felicia
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"If my husband doesn't report me missing, am I really gone?"

I don't know!!
Are you really gone?
Who is your husband??
Who are YOU???

Take a shot of Gone Girl with a generous splash of Sleeping With the Enemy and it still won't taste as good as Dear Wife.

From the fabulous cover
to the captivating plot
to the carefully crafted twist
to the fast and to-the-point writing style of Kimberly Belle,
this book is a compulsive read from beginning to end.

4.5 ⭐

**I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
This was my first Kimberly Belle book & I couldn't put it down! Why did I wait so long to give her a try?

Beth Murphy is on the run from her abusive husband. She knows he's coming after her, it's simply a matter of time before he finds her.

Sabine Hardison is missing. Her life is anything but what it seemed. Is she on the run or has she met with a more sinister end?

Marcus, the investigating Detective will stop at nothing, tracking down leads, determined to bring the missing woman home.

Told i
Judy Collins
DEAR WIFE is cleverly constructed, twisty, fast-paced, emotionally explosive, heart-pounding suspense, characters to die for—the writing superb, and razor sharp.

Be prepared to be "blindsided." The talented author exceeds all expectations and then some. Loved this book.

My initial IG and Twitter post after reading: "WOW!! 🎬 Blown Away "Hotlanta"#thriller The BEST of 2019. @KimberlySBelle knocks #DEARWIFE "out of the park" 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Her BEST yet!"

A woman escapes an abusive husband. She plans every
Dita
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I had this book all figured out. I was half right! I smugly decided to hang in there even though I was sure I knew it all and while I was right there was still a delicious surprise or two!!

I REALLY enjoyed this book and I highly recommend it!!

Thank you to NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Jayme
Jeffrey Hardison returns home from a business trip to find a messy house and no sign of his wife. But, she is a very successful real estate agent, who often has late night showings with prospective clients, so although he isn’t pleased that she isn’t home, he isn’t concerned. At first.

Her twin sister, Ingrid IS immediately concerned. She and Sabine speak several times a day, and they share everything about their lives with one another. She knows that Jeffrey isn’t the loving husband he portrays
Selena
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free e-copy of Dear Wife by Kimberly Belle from NetGalley for my honest review.

Wow, what a twisted and suspenseful read.

Beth is a battered wife who has been planning her escape from her husband and marriage of ten years. She knows she needs to get out before he kills her. Her husband, however, is clever and merciless. A clever game of cat and mouse but who will win? An intense read you won't be able to put down.
Jen
3.75 Stars

Why doesn’t she just leave? gets asked in living rooms and courtrooms across the country, when a better question would be, Why doesn’t he let her go? It took me a while, but I’ve finally figured out the answer. You’d sooner kill me than let me go.

Her name and identification may be brand new, but Beth Murphy has been planning her escape for years. Burner cellphones? Check. Ditching her car for a non-descript and untraceable hunk of junk? Check. Traveling halfway across the country the
Jamie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 thrilling stars!

Kimberly Belle, you have yet to let me down! And with Dear Wife, you have outdone yourself. With equal parts thriller and domestic fiction, we learn of the missing Sabine, the "it's always the husband" Jeffrey, detective Marcus and then there's the woman on the run, Beth. All of these characters have something to hide, but it may not be what you think. In a fast paced, tensions high setting, we follow Beth as she runs from an abusive husband and the others as they hunt for mi
Jayme
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Heather Gudenkauf
A woman on the run, a grieving husband, a bereft sister, a brokenhearted lover, a determined detective - or are they? Nothing is as it seems in Kimberly Belle’s, knockout thriller, DEAR WIFE. I tore through the pages of this clever, multi-layered stunner that not even the most astute suspense fan will be able to see what’s coming until the final, jaw-dropping twist. Clear your calendar and put DEAR WIFE at the top of your to-be-read list. Five breathtaking stars!
Erin Clemence
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, first-reads
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free, electronic ARC of this novel received in exchange for an honest review.

Beth Murphy is on the run, trying to put miles between her and her abusive husband, a feat that took over a year to plan. Now, she is desperate to start over with a new look and a new life. Miles away, Jeffrey Hardison comes home to an empty house and soon realizes that his wife, Sabine, is missing. With her car in the driveway and her phone on its charger, it appears as if
Dennis
I keep teetering between 4 and 5 stars for Kimberly Belle's upcoming domestic thriller Dear Wife , so I'm rounding up because it's my first read by the author. Dear Wife is a story about determination—Beth Murphy is on the run. She is escaping her abusive husband, assumed a new identity, and has fled from her home. Beth knows that her husband will find her if she makes any wrong move, and is determined to achieve the safety that she deserves. At the same time, Sabine Hardison is missing. Sabi ...more
Marisa
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am writing this as i pick my jaw up off the floor......there is a twist.....one i did not see coming!!!

DEAR WIFE is a story about an important topic domestic violence. Through the eyes of a runaway wife who was threatened, drugged, raped and beaten til she bled my heart broke with every page. Kimberly Belle discusses this topic and empowers the victim. Although tough to read at times, the detail allowed me to feel the urgency for the character.

I have always been addicted to true crime...during
Laura Rash
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy fuck! There, I said it!
I read A LOT of books and I usually spot where the storyline is going by about 25% in. Like fully can guess the plot except for maybe a few minor blips.
Not this one! Kimberly Belle got me good! I don’t want to say more bc I don’t do spoilers! Very intense and emotional with a Sleeping With the Enemy vibe that had me cringing as I quickly turned pages.
This just may be her best book yet!
Alexa
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been conflicted about at what point I should review this, and what I should rate it. At this juncture, my star rating reflects an average between my rating JUST for the thriller aspect--5 stars--and my rating for the problematic representation--1 star.

For this book, indeed, has incredibly problematic representation. After feeling wholly gaslit by all the 5 stars here and on NetGalley, I feel it's my duty of care to write this review so that other readers who noticed the same things I did f
Melissa In The City
O M G
I just read my new favorite book. That was one hell of a story with twists and turns and characters so messed up they make your head spin. I finished this in less than 24 hours it was so addicting!
I went into this not knowing anything about it and i think thats what made it awesome. Unexpected everything.
If you have this on your ARC shelf, read it N O W. If you dont have it, request it, buy it, borrow it come June 25th.
Cheers to Kimberly Belle for everything a psychological thriller should
Brandy
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
“If my husband doesn’t report me missing, am I really gone?”

Snap. Crackle. Pop, kids! This book melts in your mouth and in your hands. Yes, it’s that good. Wow. Well, Ok. Dear Wife is a WTF, did that really just happen, SMFH nightmare!

It’s a read that makes you look at your, “better half” with a slanted eye and perhaps, you’ll find yourself sleeping with one eye open, as well. Hands down, Dear Wife is a must read for 2019. It’s gives you chills and thrills. 5 plus stars for this domestic noir❤
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I've been a fan of Kimberly Belle's since I read The Marriage Lie several years ago, so I knew I had to read this one! Dear Wife alternates POVs between Beth, a woman on the run from her abusive husband, Jeffrey, a man whose wife has gone missing, and the detective working the case to find Jeffrey's missing wife. I was immediately hooked as soon as I read the first chapter.

I absolutely loved Beth - we get a little insight into how abusive and cunning her husband is, but how she's planned to out
Sherri Thacker
A very fast paced psychological thriller that I’m left so confused right now. I need it all to sink in!!! Kimberly Belle never disappoints!! Love her writing style! Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for the book for my honest review.
Prince Charming Doesn't Exist
Dear Wife please come home to my kindle, this chase wait is itself Angst.
I CANNOT wait for this book, the synopsis is sinking me in like quick sand

Beth Murphy is on the run...

For nearly a year, Beth has been planning for this day. A day some people might call any other Wednesday, but Beth prefers to see it as her new beginning--one with a new look, new name and new city. Beth has given her plan significant thought, because one small slip and her violent husband will find her.

Sabine Hardison i
✨Brithanie Faith✨
4/5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review!

Dear Wife by Kimberly Belle is a cleverly written thriller that follows the case of Sabine Hardison; a woman who has gone missing, Beth Murphy; a mysterious stranger who is on the run, and those who will stop at nothing to uncover the truth-even if the truth is better off staying buried.

If- like me- you took one look at the synopsis for this one and thought "I have a feeling I know where this is going"- think again, b
Robin
4.5 stars - Excellent domestic psychological drama with a twist I never saw coming. It does have a bit of disturbing domestic violence, so be aware if sensitive to that kind of content.

Update: I had promised a more thorough review but I'm afraid I may give something away so just know that this does NOT go where you think it is and instead of straining your brain trying to figure it out, just go with the flow.

This is perfect for readers of Catherine McKenzie, Peter Swanson, Shari LaPena, and B.
Christina McDonald
An irresistible, cleverly plotted thriller that will keep you guessing right up until the final heart-stopping twist. Dear Wife is the captivating story of a wife on the run from her abusive husband, ensuing in a fast-paced, heart-pounding game of cat and mouse.

Beth is smart, tough, intelligent, and terrified. And she's determined to put as much distance between her husband and her as possible. Hundreds of miles away the police have started investigating the mysterious disappearance of Sabine Ha
Holly  B
Another fast-paced and thrilling read from Kimberly Belle!

I really enjoyed The Marriage Lie (2016) and her latest did not disappoint. I was quickly wrapped up in Beth's escape plan from her overbearing and abusive husband. She is on the run, but you won't imagine the obstacles that she will have to face. She knows that he will be hot on her trail, BUT can he catch her?

Cat and mouse? or Mouse and cat?

If you're looking for a fast summer read with a clever plot, some different POV's and scattered r
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Perfect Wife
  • Before She Was Found
  • Keep You Close
  • Temper
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • All Eyes on Us
  • The Better Sister
Kimberly Belle is the USA Today and internationally bestselling author of five novels, including the forthcoming domestic suspense, Dear Wife (June 2019). Her third novel, The Marriage Lie, was a semifinalist in the 2017 Goodreads Choice Awards for Best Mystery & Thriller, and her work has been translated into a dozen languages. A graduate of Agnes Scott College, Belle divides her time between ...more