Start by marking “Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)

Her Royal Highness

(Royals #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  7,772 ratings  ·  1,765 reviews
Millie Quint is devastated when she discovers that her sort-of-best friend/sort-of-girlfriend has been kissing someone else. And because Millie cannot stand the thought of confronting her ex every day, she decides to apply for scholarships to boarding schools . . . the farther from Houston the better.

Millie can't believe her luck when she's accepted into one of the world's
Published May 7th 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Her Royal Highness, please sign up.
Lemontort I read this one without even realizing that it was a companion novel, so I really don't think you need to read the first one to understand this one.
Cat Yup they do! They're not part of the plot in any big way but they do make multiple appearences.…moreYup they do! They're not part of the plot in any big way but they do make multiple appearences. (less)

·  7,772 ratings  ·  1,765 reviews

Start your review of Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)
✨    jamieson   ✨
you hetero bitches have been getting "I'm falling in love with a man whoops turns out he's a prince" stories for YEARS and finally, finally us sapphics got ours.

...No, what surprises me is the sudden, jolting, and undeniable realization that even I didnt want to, Ive fallen for an actual princess.

THIS WAS SO FREAKIN CUTE. I was pretty much just expecting an easy, fluffy, sweet read about girls in love and THAT IS WHAT I GOT. I loved the boarding school setting and the set-up of the
Chaima ✨ شيماء
I really thought I didnt like contemporary romance but turns out I was just bored of reading about straight people pulling the same shit over and over again and Im definitely here for the concept of falling in love with your royal classmate in boarding school BUT MAKE IT GAY ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer
This was SO CUTE and I am SO GAY.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
i really would like to pretend i added this for normal people reasons but no, i totally added it because it was gay. gay princesses ftw
Riley
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
this was so cute i am dead
Silvia
🌈 Full review now posted!

4.5 royally sapphic stars

I devoured this book on audio in basically a day and oh my god, friends. There is a very specific emotion that us sapphic girls feel when presented with good sapphic content in fiction, and depending on our tastes in terms of tropes and genres, different sapphic books will hit us differently. The feeling I got from this book was one of pure joy from getting a royal romance, usually reserved for a girl falling in love with a prince, starring two
Lola
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another royal romance!

This is the companion novel to Royals (or Prince Charming) but it can safely be read as a standalone. Daisy, her sister and boyfriend make only a short appearance and you will not feel lost at any point. But you can certainly get lost in the interesting and unusual romance between Peasant Millie and Princess Flora, Ill allow it.

This story combines some of my top favourite things in books: boarding schools, princesses and enemies-to-lovers relationships. Millie and Flora do
Whitney Atkinson

wouldnt it be cool if i went to a boarding school and had a princess fall in love with me hahaha.... just kidding....... unless??

I knew within 50 pages this book was going to get a high rating. Like I said about Prince Charming, the first book, this series is so feel-good and upbeat and addicting to read. Millie and Flora's camaraderie and hate to love romance was *chefs kiss* FROM THE GODS and their development, though contained in a short novel, was still spectacularly drawn out.

My
may ➹
Its all fun and gaymes until you realize you could have have rewritten approximately a third of the book, and it would have ended up 5x better, despite not even being a half-decent writer.

The issue with this book is that the pacing is completely off. I honestly would have rated it higher if the pacing hadnt been so weird and janky, because its a fluffy book that you could simply have a lot of fun reading. But my slight enjoyment of the book couldnt compete with the fact that theres pretty much
Natasha
i'm sad to dnf this but i really really don't like the writing rip
Christy
4 stars

photo IMG_5683_zpsrahsmkqe.jpg

This book was so adorable. It gave me so many happy feels. This is my first book by Rachel Hawkins, but now I most definitely want to read the first in the series.

This story follows Millie Quint, a high school senior from Texas. After she sees her bff she's kind of been dating kissing her ex, she is more than ready to get out of Texas for her last year of high school. She has an awesome opportunity to go to a school in Scotland and she takes it. The unbelievable happens... Millie is
chan ☆
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary, f-f, 2019
oadsfjgofjd lass

yeah too lazy to think of a clever tagline but this was cute! i adored the setting and the overall ~mood~ of this book. i felt like i was in scotland and for that, this book gets 3 stars. but there were a few things that bugged me.

- the audiobook narrator's deep south accent for a houstonian (sorry bro we don't sound like that)
- the beginning of the book
- the mc's motivations

idk, my biggest issue was that the things i was supposed to deeply care about, and the things that MC
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: bi mc, lesbian li

every sapphic girl deserves to fall for a princess, thanks for agreeing

anyway, someone tell hawkins you gotta actually develop your characters before you throw in the angst and you can't do that at the very end bc pacing does matter

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin | Reads Rainbow
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites, 2019
1.) Prince Charming ★★★★★
2.) Her Royal Highness ★★★★.5

-----------------------------------------------

THIS WAS SO CUTE. I just wish there was a little bit more at the end!!! I wanted an epilogue SO BAD!
Clemlucian (🏳️‍🌈the villain's quest)
⭐⭐⭐ cheesy stars

description

I liked the lesbian rep and love story but it wasnt remarkable in any way. I felt like the characters were decently crafted but not explored as deeply as they could have been. The cuteness was there but I didn't really feel a romantic connection between the characters, therefore, I didn't really ship it.

The rest of the characters blur in my mind, which shows how poorly developed and used they were.

The romantic plot was pretty straightforward and classic, so no surprises there. I
Davina Herondale
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
11. June 2019

that moment you realize teenagers have more of a love life than you do

God damn, this was so cute

Rachel Hawkins could write, like, 6 more stories in this setting and I would buy them ALL.

Flora and Millie? S'CUTE iltsm

Now i'm casually waiting for her to announce the Sebastian story bc my bb boi deserves so much also

I need more of Daisy and Miles

I want a story for Elle and Alex and how they met

ugh I love this anthology of stories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
20. April. 2019

Big shout
Trina (Between Chapters)
Cute story. Enjoyed Flora much more than I expected I would from the TINY bit we saw of her in the first book. The scene where the main character from this book meets the main character of book 1 was great! These books worked really well as companions and I hope there are more in the series!

Audiobook: 5 stars. The narrator had excellent accents (Texan and Scottish) and switched between them flawlessly. She read with personality and emotion. Exactly what an audiobook performance should be.

tw:
Hadya
NSNSJJSKSKWKEEKEKEKEKWKWKJEIEJEJE I LOVE THIS SO MUCH PLS
Britt / Basically Britt
Jun 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'm just not really a contemporary gal, but I really enjoyed the characters!
kaysmagiclibrary 💫
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS***
FLORA AND MILLIE ARE DORKS AND I LOVE THEM. seriously this book was adorable and i loved that we got to see characters from the first book in the series. i didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first one BUT i still thought it was cute. so rachel hawkins when are you going to release a book about the hot mess that is seb?
Hollis
Listen, HER ROYAL HIGHNESS is not just a lovely sapphic royal contemporary but it's also.. fun. I thought this of the first in the Royals series, too. Are they perfect books? No. Infact, I thought the mini breakup in this one to be.. not awesome, both a little sloppy and too out of nowhere, but that doesn't negate all the warm fuzzies and overall entertainment, and did I mention fun, that it provided. And I needed some (a lot) of fun, so, #winning.

"Millie, you know this is just a school, right?
Stacee
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I had liked the first book in this series and was absolutely here for gay princesses. Sadly, this one fell short for me.

Millie was just okay to me. I did love her smarts and dedication and love for her family. Flora was actually more of a marshmallow than I was expecting and was quite sweet. I just couldnt ever get invested in either of them or their relationship.

Plot wise, it was boring. I do love a good boarding school setting, but this didnt do it for me. The entire story read like this
Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)
Realistically more of a 4.5, but Im high off of all the swooning I just did so FIVE. STARS. ...more
ellie
happy pride month i love girls!!!
Lily ☁️
Im was fully prepared for this to sweep me off my feet on a cloud of adorableness.

// buddy read with my faves 💖

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | TumblrBloglovin
˗ˏˋ aphrodite ˊˎ˗
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars !!!!

my first read for the backlist readathon: completed !

THIS WAS THE CUTEST SHIT EVER OH MY GOD I LOVED IT SO MUCH. they really should rewrite the synopsis as millie going through bi panic for 200 pages because it really be like that.

Ive always been one to say I dont really care if Im represented in books (saying that as a privileged white girl is definitely eye roll worthy, I know) but it really did make my heart sore to not only see millie be so casual about her bisexuality but
Emma
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it

Full review here

Just as the first book in this series, this was a fun and quick read. I loved Millie, the main character. She was interesting and funny and definitely tried to adapt to all things royal. It was nice to see another side of Flora and to get to know her better. Their relationship was very sweet, even though a bit sudden. From the moment Millie realized she had a crush on Flora it all happened very fast, whereas in the first half of the book they didn't get along at all and
- ̗̀  jess  ̖́-
BLOG | TWITTER

I'm officially hooked on queer royal romances. I read Red, White, and Royal Blue last spring and I loved it. Her Royal Highness has the same charm, complete with so many of my favourite romance tropes.

After being dumped by her best-friend-turned-girlfriend, Millie Quint decides to spend her senior year of high school at a private school in Scotland. I enjoyed Millie as a main character. She's out of her element, but she manages to make her way through all these sticky situations
Eileen
May 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
* so sorry, but I still had a few things to add *

Warning- extremely salty review ahead.

I read this because it was advertised to be gay as fuck. When did I get that? After 85% of the book was over.

◇◇◇

Things I didn't like:
I thought this book was about Milly wanting to go to the boarding school because of her love for geology? That it had some fancy geology program or something? After Milly gets there, geology is never mentioned again, aside from talking about her decor rocks she keeps in her
Acqua
Nov 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Looking back, there are many things I didn't love about this, but the book was entertaining enough to make me forget about that for most of its length, so does it really matter? Sometimes all you need is a quick read that won't require that much of your attention and I'm glad that there are traditionally published queer YA books that fit this requirement.

Her Royal Highness is an f/f royal romance set in Scotland with an American main character. One of the first things that stood out in a bad

• Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • These Witches Don't Burn (These Witches Don't Burn, #1)
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • Hot Dog Girl
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Going Off Script
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • Birthday
  • The Princess and the Fangirl (Once Upon a Con, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Tweet Cute
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)

Royals (2 books)
  • Royals (Royals, #1)

Articles featuring this book

Bow down, readers. We've rounded up the most popular royal books in the young adult fandom. How are we qualifying their noble pedigree...
“I love you, Flora,” I say, and even though there’s a crowd around us, and bodyguards and other royals, it feels like it’s just us. Like we’re back in our room at Gregorstoun, or out on the moors under the stars. “And yes, sometimes you make me crazy, and we’re definitely going to have to talk about the whole high-handed thing, but . . . it’s worth it. You’re worth it.” 2 likes
“The stag is nowhere to be seen, and Flora reaches up to flick her wet hair out of her eyes, her chest heaving as she scans the landscape.
Then she says, “You know what? It’s actually unicorns who are our national animal, not stags. Just remembered.”
Teeth chattering, I glare at her. “Well, maybe one will turn up.”
1 likes