Start by marking “Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3)

Night of the Dragon

(Shadow of the Fox #3)

Master storyteller Julie Kagawa concludes the enthralling journey into the heart of the fantastical Empire of Iwagoto in the third book of the Shadow of the Fox trilogy. As darkness rises and chaos reigns, a fierce kitsune and her shadowy protector will face down the greatest evil of all. A captivating fantasy for fans of Sabaa Tahir, Sarah J. Maas and Marie Lu.

Kitsune sha
Published March 31st 2020 by HQ Young Adult

Start your review of Night of the Dragon (Shadow of the Fox, #3)
megs_bookrack
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-read
It's official. The final page turned. The story is complete.

((me: ugly crying))

Oh, my babies, why must you leave me so soon!?

((me: continues wailing))

I never ever wanted this series to end.

I tried to drag it out as long as possible, but sadly, it is done.

My favorite YA Fantasy trilogy has concluded. It is time for me to leave Yumeko and the land of Iwagato behind, however, their spirit will live in my heart for a lifetime.

Julie Kagawa has blessed us all with the Shadow of the Fox triol
jessica
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this final installment is exactly the conclusion i was expecting for this series (which i definitely recommend to fans of japanese myth/folklore and magically entertaining anime-esque storytelling)!

it continues the tradition of diverse and complex characters, exciting and culturally enriched world-building, fast-paced and engaging plot, and immersive and vivid storytelling. this is a culmination of everything i loved about the first two books come to an exciting and nail-biting finale.

and i re
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
You know those series that are so well written, so captivating that you've been invested in from the very first chapter? Those stories that you think about long after you've put the book down and those stories that, you can't wait to get the next book of because you need to know what happens next? You need to know that all is well. That some how, it will all work out. That your beloved characters will have a happily ever after. Those stories in short, that speak to your soul and change you. Make ...more
Sara
Jul 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This was kinda amazing but also not that amazing 🤔, I missed the character development and I can't believe i'm saying this but I just wanted less action and more scene's like book 1 and 2 , there was also not enough romance for me , but the ending realy saved the book for me , 3 ⭐⭐⭐
Iasmina
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Now THIS is how you end a series. I will miss all of these characters and this world deeply, but damn, what a ride!
Ashley
Star Rating: —> 4 Stars

I don’t know... I have to think on this one. Sigh. It was an amazing book but jeez. 😭😭😭

Edit// Oct. 3rd, 2019-
I JUST HAD A HEART ATTACK OVER THE COVER AGAIN. DECEASED.

Damn it... I was just recovering! ;-)

—————————————————

Edit: July 17th, 2019- yay! It IS called Night of the Dragon! AND THAT COVER THO! BEAUTIFUL! I would die for an arc of this book. Realistically: legitimately faint, probably. SO EXCITED! Lord Help Me.

But I thought the titl
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
Nov 12, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
Julie Kagawa is the queen of cliff hangers...

which sucks for me

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | Reddit | LinkedIn | YouTube |
April (Aprilius Maximus)
1.) Shadow Of The Fox ★★★★
2.) Soul Of The Sword ★★★
3.) Night of the Dragon ★★★.5

-----------------------------------------------

representation: own voices all asian cast (Japanese), m/m side relationship.

[trigger warnings are listed at the bottom of this review and may contain spoilers]

★★★.5

this definitely isn't my favourite series of all time or anything, but it was a lot of fun! i really enjoyed the ending, however, (view spoiler)
Alexa
There is no way that I wasn’t going to be giving this book five stars because reading it was an EXPERIENCE.
Laurie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thrilled to have this spectacular book as my first full read & review of the year. It's rare for a fantasy series to start out strong and just continue to get stronger, but this series never fails to thrill and surprise. Once again, Author Kagawa had me falling in with our band of heroes - fox-shifter Yumeko (whose powers are on exciting, cinematic display in this book), swoon-worthy samurai Tatsumi, cheeky shrine maiden Reika, the hilarious rebel Okame, powerful noble Daisuke and gentle ghost-g ...more
Mogsy (MMOGC)
5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2020/04/05/...

No ending is perfect, but damn if Night of the Dragon doesn’t come close. For once I felt the hype was well deserved, and I’m really glad I picked up this trilogy because Julie Kagawa’s talent continue to explode with creativity and new insight.

But if you are not caught up with the series yet, be aware that this book is the concluding volume of Shadow of the Fox and picks up after Soul of the Sword. The unlikely duo of kit
Darce
You know a book deserves 5 stars when you spend the entire last 30% of the book sobbing into your pillow.

This book BROKE me. I love the characters with all my heart, and then 70% into the book it was just boom boom boom let’s break Darcey’s heart! But honestly there were some happy tears as well, and it was a really satisfying conclusion to the series. Daisuke, Okame, Yumeko, Tatsumi, Reika - I love them all so much, and the romance between Daisuke and Okame made me swoon even more that the rom
Bookish Penguin
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
Wow finished this 13 hour audio book in three days - learned literally not one hour for my exams next week... Oof.

The last two sentences of this book really made me tear up I didn't expected to be hit that hard in the feelings :'(

Sadly the last fight (or should I say fights?) took way too long. I like that it took it's time to be more realistic but 40% fighting is a bit much even for me who enjoys a good fighting scene (and Kagawa can really write those)

The whole book was a good ending and so m
Shreya Karnati
I wasn't expecting much from this book because the last book was such a disappointment. The only reason I even read this book was to finish off the series as a have a problem of not being able to leave series unfinished even if they are bad. However I was pleasantly surprised with this book as it was much better than I was expecting it to be. (view spoiler) ...more
Roobie
⭐️4.5 stars⭐️

You know, ever since I met you people, I've seen a lot of weird things.

Hungry ghosts, demons, giant centipedes that want to eat you. I thought it couldn't get any worse, that I had seen it all.

Apparently I was very, very wrong.

My babiiiiiiies! I'm gonna miss you so much!!
Shealea
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This definitely surpassed my expectations. Wow. I need a moment.

Full review to follow.
Sahitya
My most highly anticipated YA fantasy finale of the year is here and there was never any doubt that I would read it on the release day itself. And now I’m a sobbing mess and I don’t know what to do. Why did you do this to me Julie 😭😭😭

We pretty much know where the plot is going because there is only one path forward, so the author had to make sure that we enjoyed the journey, and I can tell you she did exactly that. This series has always been full of adventure and action sequences and this final
Tabi⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
dragons better be delivered in here okay
Adah Udechukwu
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Night of the Dragon was a great end to a series that earned my 5 stars from Book 1 to Book 3.
Laura ☾
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Night of the Dragon is a brilliant example of what a finale should be! I was hooked throughout this book, and although it was a complete emotional rollercoaster, it was a very satisfying conclusion to this trilogy.

Steeped in Japanese mythology (I have to admit I often had to google what spirits/gods/demons/creatures mentioned were), Kagawa weaves a beautiful narrative with compelling, well-developed characters.

There were a few parts of this book that did feel a little slow, but I don't think i
Kathleen
Jun 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’m not crying, you’re crying.
Taylor
May 31, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5

This was a great conclusion!! It went places I wasn’t expecting, broke my heart, and had just the right amount of sorrow and bittersweet joy. I only had a few issues with this (more details in my full review) but I really loved this nonetheless!!

RTC.
clare
An absolute insane conclusion to the Shadow of the Fox trilogy. I am completely destroyed.

Like the first two books in the series, this is full of action, a great fantasy world of Japanese mythology, an intricate plot, and very loveable characters.

I adore the found family in this. Yumeko, Tatsumi, Okame, Daisuke and Reika are so wholesome, I can’t get enough of them, and their banter. The romantic relationships are also so heartwarming. I’ve loved seeing Yumeko and Tatsumi’s slow-burn relations
Alaina
I WAS NOT PREPARED AT ALL FOR THIS BOOK!

Omg, so much happened in Night of the Dragon. I'm not even sure I'm alive right now - so yeah. This book took me through an emotional ride that I didn't sign up for. Again, so much happened and I didn't know if I was supposed to cry or drink to cope with everything.

I wasn't expecting this book to shatter me. No, I was going to wait for the dagger to the heart.. but now, Julie had something else planned for me. Honestly, this reread was so much fun and I wa
Grüffeline
Apr 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"This world is no place for the pure of heart."

I'm thrilled. After the disaster that was Soul of the Sword (in story, writing AND cover) this showed me once more why Julie Kagawa is one of my favorite authors.
It's like the second book in this series was ghostwritten or something. Where it oberwhelmed with names, japanese folklore (I enjoy it but I couldn't keep up there), this book gently put me back into the story and eases into everything. At the same time the story was always gripping, t
Shelleen Toland
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-read
Yumeko had to give up the scroll in order to save everyone she loves. Now her and her companions must stop the Master of Demons from using the scroll. If he does and releases the Great Kami Dragon then everyone will die and the empire will be in chaos.
Kage Tatsumi is an assassin but has the demon inside him, Hakaimono. They will share his body and work with Yumeko to stop a madman, and to separate Hakaimono from Tatsumi and the cursed sword that trapped the demon for nearly a millennium.
As we re
I've been a fan of Julie Kagawa's writing for years but I honestly think that the Shadow of the Fox series is her best one yet. I've been caught up in this world from the beginning and I'm really sad that it's now time to say goodbye.

It's so hard to review the final book in a trilogy because I want to encourage everyone who hasn't started this series yet to dive straight in but I don't want to go into too much detail because I don't want to give away spoilers. What I've loved most about these bo
Sandra
Apr 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reading
I loved this!! An amazing ending that was emotional and cathartic and everything that I wanted. This entire series played out like an anime, with characters joining up along the way and random side quests, with convenient things that happen at just the right time, but somehow it all fit together perfectly.

(view spoiler)
Amaka
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A well deserved 5 Stars.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
In the last book of this series, Tatsumi made a deal with the demon, Hakaimono to share his body in order to defeat their common enemy. Unknown to all of them, a greater enemy was lurking around waiting for the right time to own the game.
I can't describe how much I enjoyed this series. Julie Kagawa made the characters come to life. The bittersweet ending, the adventure, the friendship, the sacrifice...everything about this book was perf
Alyssa
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Just gonna say that the ending completely broke my heart. Like... WHAT. I even had to take a moment to process the entire book. I really do enjoy the overall of this series but one part of the ending had me really upset. Like every time I think about that ending I honestly feel sad and upset.

Honestly I had almost forgot how much I really do love the Japanese mythology and setting that Julie Kagawa had incorporated in this series. The stuff that went down in this book was really epic and the twis
The End! (Spoiler Alert) 6 11 Oct 17, 2020 01:53AM
Goodreads Librari...: Book description missing 2 9 Apr 17, 2020 05:43AM

• The Evil Queen (The Forest of Good and Evil, #1)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • What Kind of Girl
  • The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom, #1)
  • Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex: Demonized #1)
  • The Devouring Gray (The Devouring Gray #1)
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World (Light the Abyss, #1)
  • Sword in the Stars (Once & Future #2)
  • Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)
  • Unravel the Dusk  (The Blood of Stars, #2)
  • Mooncakes
  • A Treason of Thorns
  • The Lady and the Highwayman
  • When We Were Vikings
  • Girls with Sharp Sticks (Girls with Sharp Sticks, #1)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • A Death in Chelsea (A Mayfair 100 Murder Mystery #2)
  • City of Spells (Into the Crooked Place, #2)

Shadow of the Fox (3 books)
  • Shadow of the Fox (Shadow of the Fox, #1)
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)