Start by marking “The Lord's Elopement: Clean Regency Romance (A Rogue's Courtship Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Lord's Elopement: Clean Regency Romance (A Rogue's Courtship Book 2)

The Lord's Elopement: Clean Regency Romance (A Rogue's Courtship Book 2)

Lady Catherine Haddington’s reputation and social standing is ruined. In her wild ways, she’s ostracized herself from her friends, and the elitists of the ton.

Catherine’s father, Lord Chancellor Haddington, agrees to a marriage between Catherine and the Baron Arthur Desmond of Clearwater, a man thrice her age. Catherine resigns to run away and live in ill-repute if her f
Published September 6th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Lord's Elopement, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lord's Elopement

Tracy Smith
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read The Lord's Elopement last night and it was delightful!

This is a very nicely done novella about different types of loneliness. Our heroine, Catherine, is lonely because her mother passed away when she was young, her father is emotionally absent from her life, her childhood best friend left and she never heard from him again, and she made a public gaffe at a ball and lost the friend ship of an adult best friend. Our hero, Thomas, is lonely due to an emotionally distant father and only work
Elsbeth
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The free spirited lady and the ton.
This book is more about a lady's plan of escape than about a lord's elopement. I like it, a lot. Catherine is not afraid of what the ton thinks. She is not afraid of her father. And she works hard to earn her freedom.

Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
Because of the disgrace due to her wild ways, Lady Catherine Haddington’s father, Lord Chancellor Henry Haddington, announced that she would marry Baron Arthur Desmond of Clearwater Manor, a man three times her age. Her behavior and opinions had scandalized the ton and she was the subject of their gossip. Because her father was a Lord Chancellor of Parliament, he could not risk losing his own good standing due to her recklessness.

Catherine stared out the window at the snowflakes and thought abo
Joy
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An engrossing story of Catherine, an independent young woman whose bold actions and speech have made her an object of gossip by the ton. Her father, a big wig in the government (a Lord Chancellor of the Parliment) is embarrassed by her behavior due to the talk it has engendered. After having neglected her since his wife’s death, his sudden involvement is a shock to Catherine. She is to be married off to a man 3 times her age, and thus removed from London and the scrutiny of the ton. Her independ ...more
Carol
Shelves: booksprout
Lady Catherine Haddington is an intelligent, independent
and lonely woman who her father considers sassy with
behavior unbecoming a lady. She is the joke of the ton.
Her father is a Lord Chancellor of the Parliment and this
type of behavior demeans the family. His solution is to
marry her off to Baron Arthur Desmond of Clearwater.
The Baron is old enough to be her grandfather. The
marriage will get her out of the ton and provide a change
for her behavior. Lady Catherine is appalled and decides
to run a
Danielle Carpenter
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story takes an unusual situation and makes it worse. A father who cannot deal with his daughter, arranges a marriage to a man 40 years her senior. He has a horrible reputation in the ton and Catherine gains employment so she can disappear just before the marriage date. The Baron sends his son to represent him and escort Catherine back to his estate. The two happened to have been childhood friends and decide to elope. This story set strangely with me as how Catherine actually went out and fo ...more
Cheryl Drake johnson
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Catherine is head strong and sassy and it is what has gotten her in trouble again her father is fed up so he has decided to marry her to a man old enough to be her grandfather. She decides she has to do what is best for her future but she has to come up with a way to earn money to get passage to France. Nobody will hire a lady so she she has to resort to some pretty drastic measures to make money. What she doesn't realize that her old childhood friend who left town without a word. Lord thom ...more
Marissa
ARC Kindle Copy for Review

Due to her less than lady like behavior Lady Catherine Haddington is forced into a marriage by her father. A marriage to an aging Baron who is thrice her age whom she does not like. She plans to run away as the marriage approaches.

Lord Thomas Desmond is the Baron son who comes into town in behalf of his father. They once knew each other when they were younger before he was sent back t
Mary
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a romantic and entertaining story. Thomas is determined, sneaky, caring and protective. Catherine is bold, determined, independent, kind and caring. The two were playmates when they were children, until Thomas disappeared. When he shows up as the son of the man her father betrothed her to, Catherine can't believe how cruel fate is. She is determined to flee rather than wed an old man, even after Thomas says he will stop her. She gets a job and prepares to start her life in France. But th ...more
Connie Icker
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet story with Lady Catherine Haddington from the Viscount's Scandal. She was considered a young lady who disliked the rules of society and defide them at every turn. She had a male friend as a young girl who accepted her way of thinking, then one day he was gone and she thought to never see him again. Turns out he was the Lord Thomas Desmond who had been sent to look after her due to her father had agreed to have her married off to the Baron Desmond. I totally have enjoyed the books ...more
Linda
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lady Catherine had disappointed and upset her father Lord Chancellor Haddington and the Ton with her antics, so Lord Chancellor decided to arrange a marriage for her to Baron Desmond an old and cruel man. Lady Catherine decided to get herself out of this predicament... Well you will enjoy reading about all the twist and turns and antics that happen in this book. I highly recommend you read it, you will be glad you did, I was!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily l
Christine Woinich
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this story because it explained about Catherine's behavior in book 1. It is great to see someone work through their issues and come out on the good side of things. Catherine seemed to be a very unpleasant woman, and I enjoyed her journey to her HEA. Because of her dislike for the rules, she found herself in a position out of her control. Thomas was great in his enjoyment and acceptance of her attitude. The story was simple, but it was a good redemption story.

This is my unsolicited revi
Cheryl Brown
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lady Catherine has been informed she is to marry but the Baron her father has chosen is three times her age, refusing does no good so she comes up with a plan to prevent it..Catherine finds work in a brothel but she only washes dishes and cleans while there she spots a man she new as a boy , Thomas has grown but what is he doing in a brothel. She has bigger problems and sneaks out to return home where she discovers more surprises.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntar
Didi Ponzo
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A light hearted clean regency romance.
It was a great entertaining book. I enjoyed Catherine the sassy heroine but felt it would have been nice to know a bit more about Thomas. The social dynamics of the era were described in a way that you felt the emotions and frustrations of the characters. A nice fast moving clean love story with a surprising HEA. I can recommend this book for all ages. No spoilers from me.
I received this book as an ARC for an honest review.
Enjoy.
Anne
Sep 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
The Lord's Elopement by Madeline St. James is saved only by its brevity. It has a preposterous plot, an outrageous outcome, and extremely poor formatting, making it difficult to read. The chance of a lady ending up employed, much less in a brothel, is beyond ludicrous. The author badly needs an editor as there are misused words and apostrophes in plural, for a start.

I received a free ARC of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Irene Langston-Butler
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story of Catherine Haddington and Thomas Desmond who were childhood friend and meet again years later when is sent by his father to see to the arrangements made with her father to marry the old man. She doesn't want to and so goes about making her plans to escape, meanwhile Thomas offer to marry her but father refuses him. The characters are well developed. Received an ARC from Booksprout and this is my honest opinion
Kety
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sweet story, well developed and full of surprises.
I like very much the heroine, her inner strength and hope for the life.
A romance that will entrainment you until the end.
I recommend this book to all that love regency.

Tammy Conatser
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book for my honest opinion and I enjoyed it. The characters are strong and their relationships to one another is great and the book held my interest from start to finish. I liked it greatly!

Sheila Gabler
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
While some of the circumstances in this book may seem a little preposterous it really doesn't detract from the story and let's face it - we read for entertainment - which this story provides in abundance - not for historical accuracy. I enjoyed the characters - they had some depth and even the background characters were entertaining. This was a lovely light read for a rainy day.
Tanya
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She has many wild ways and she is now on the outside of the social circle so her father arranges a marriage to a man much older than her. She is not happy about it. She meets his son and soon they have a secret wedding. What will happen when it is found out? See what will happen

Christine
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
arc review I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. Lady Catherine father was sickened by her ways and is telling her she is to marry baron Desmond of Clearwater a dieing man, so she takes it into herself to get out of the situation. What a great story.
Norma
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful, sweet, and clean story. I loved every minute of it. The storyline was different than any I've read before. There are kissing scenes but no sex which I appreciate. I just wish it had an epilogue.

Robyn Echols
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this Story

I enjoyed the characters in this story, including strong-willed Catherine and Thomas. She balks at convention and forges ahead with her own plans. The plot kept me engaged. Good ending, her father deserved it.
Delbora Dixon-Green
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What A Great Story

I have never before read of a woman doing this time period that was so determined not to enter an arranged marriage that she took a job of physical labor to save money to run away. What happens as a result of this decision is a very interesting story.
Barbara
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short book of 68 pages I found it to be a well-written book, with some surprises thrown in. This is the first book by this Author that I have read, I now want to read her first book in this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Bev
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good strong heroine willing to stand up for herself against the Ton and her Father. Hero is slow to make his move, but when he does it is effective. Clean enough for most people.

Twila Lemponen
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The meanness of their fathers throughout the book kept me on the edge of my seat to see how they thwart them. A really good rainy day read!!

Barbara Munson
A light-hearted, clean-read romance

Oh the trials and troubles if those with arranged marriages. Claire and Thomas have a lot if secrets and hurdles to overcome. A delightful sorry I read straight through.
Tom Prejsner
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
Susan F
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fine regency with a good plot.