Start by marking “Scavenger Scout: Rock Hound: Seek-and-Find Book for Kids Who Love Rocks” as Want to Read:
Scavenger Scout: Rock Hound: Seek-and-Find Book for Kids Who Love Rocks

Scavenger Scout: Rock Hound: Seek-and-Find Book for Kids Who Love Rocks

Scavenger Scout is not an ordinary seven-year-old. She's a rock hound! Hunting for rocks is her passion and she loves to show and tell. The stories she tells are more fantasy than reality, but the rocks she hunts are real. Follow along as she haggles with a host of characters to add rocks to her collection. Follow Scout as she hunts for azurite, alexandrite and fluorite an

Published September 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Scavenger Scout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scavenger Scout

Holly Lenz
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Rock hound picture book

Scavenger Scout is the perfect book to start a young rock bound in their search for mineral treasure. The fun colorfully illustrated book is information too.

Cyrena Shows
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book!

Beautiful artwork and informative story about finding rocks mixed with a protagonist that my five year old would find cool all make this a really great children's book!
Tony Parsons
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
1-day Scavenger Scout (7) found a rock.
That’s all it took & she became a rock hound.
In a dragon’s den Scavenger Scout found a spiky blue azurite.
1 of the dragons thought she was after his gold.
Scavenger Scout dove into the sea to find fluorite.
The mermaids said the pearls were off limits.
What would Scavenger Scout find on the moon?

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading & reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers & authors, I am under no oblig
Barbara Ann
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scout is an inquisitive seven-year-old explorer who became hooked on rock collecting when she found an orange rock in her backyard. She searches everywhere for rocks to add to her collection. In this tale, Scout crawls into a dragon’s den to find Azurite, she travels under the sea to extract Fluorite from the bottom of the ocean floor and then zooms into outer space to grab Alexandrite floating around in one of Saturn’s rings. Finally, she explores a collector’s canyon out West to come across a ...more
Christina Morley
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the concept behind Scavenger Scout: Rock Hound. This book introduces children to beautiful earth and space rocks as 7-year-old Scout goes on adventures to find them. She uses a bit of technology and engineering to retrieve them. The illustrations are gorgeous and there's also the seek-and-find element where young ones get to look too!

My 10-year-old daughter, Amanda, read this picture book to me. She enjoyed searching for the rocks hidden in the colorful illustrations. She looked for blue
Vicki
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very cute book about a 7 yr. old girl who loves looking for all kinds of rocks. Her rock hunting takes her to a variety of locations as she chisels, hammers, etc. her way to getting the rocks she wants, and uses clever ways to get them back home.

This book reminded me of my mom. She too loved rocks and loved to travel so every state etc. she visited she brought back a rock. She and my dad traveled a lot so she had a large collection. I have a few of the rocks in my yard.

I enjoyed the st
Susan Barton
Scavenger Scout has all the elements I love in a children's book: A female main character, a fun and entertaining plot, a story that sparks a child's imagination, and gorgeous, vivid illustrations.

The one minor downside I'd mention (and I'm not the only reviewer who mentions this) is that the text is super small and a little difficult to read. I would have definitely given this book a full five stars if it wasn't for this. Maybe something for the author to keep in mind next time? Just my opinio
Audrey Grant
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Doesn't Need Myths

Was disappointed the author felt the need to add dragons, mermaids, aliens... to a book that could have been even better (in my humble opinion) if the little girl was hunting, gathering, collecting while traveling with her family or school or something REAL. Something to spark kids imaginations and make them want to and realize they too can really collect. But this??? Outer space with aliens? Deep sea with mermaids?
Mark Restaino
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and Adventurous

First of all, the illustrations were gorgeous! I also like the imaginative adventure- it's not about just looking for rocks, but looking for rock among dragons, mermaids, and aliens. I also like how the girl cared more about the rocks than the gold or the pearls- a great reminder about value and beauty.
Jackie Fulmer
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

This story was fun to read. My students enjoyed how interactive it was. They also liked that Scout found different rocks in different areas. I would love to see more books like this!
Mai Thi Ngoc Tu
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Would be suitable for seven years old students, same age as Scout.

Despite that, the beauty of rocks and their origins, sense of environmental preservation as well as rule of exchange in life can be learned by children of younger ages.
Elizabeth Stein
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Not tested on children yet

I haven't read it to my grandchildren yet so I don't know if kids will enjoy it. Will change rating after I read it to them
`Cristina
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked the book, it was nice to see a girl as a scout as rock hunter..
Probably it aims to older children, I read it to my six year old and it was a bit hard for him to connect.
Lori C
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-kids-books
A perfectly adorable book for rock nerds old and young!
Katja
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A nicely illustrated book that may teach kids a thing or two about rocks.
Gmc
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cchilderns
I recommend it for young rock hounds.
anna
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting

We a really good storyline. Love the pictures with all the vibrant colors. Lots of good information in the book as well
Amanda Williams
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is very well written. It's scientific but also colourful and makes learning fun. Fantastic illustrations and would definitely be interested in reading more.
Christopher Brehm
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun story

A fun and beautiful book that speaks to the rock collector inside. I have always loved to find unique rocks and shells.
Abigail Kuhn
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very cute!

This is a cute book and very scientific. I felt like it jumped around a little too much. But it was a little advanced for my kids.
J Layne
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty illustrations
Hagop Kaneboughazian
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

this was is full of amazing illustrations full of color and detail. great way to get interested in rocks and minerals.
Kim Allende
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

Great book for kids. I’ll use it for my ESL students to work on their vocabulary and reading comprehension skills.
Teri Fox
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interactive

This interactive book was enjoyed by my grandson as he read not only the adventures of the main character but learned about rocks.
Hannah