Start by marking “Red Specter (Tier One #5)” as Want to Read:
Red Specter (Tier One #5)

Red Specter

(Tier One #5)

It’s strike—and counterstrike—as John Dempsey takes the fight to the Russians in a riveting Tier One Thriller by the Wall Street Journal bestselling authors of American Operator.

When shadow warrior and former Tier One Navy SEAL John Dempsey goes undercover to meet with a Vory arms dealer, he thinks he’s laying the groundwork to penetrate the Russian criminal underground. I
Published November 5th 2019 by Thomas & Mercer

To ask other readers questions about Red Specter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Specter

Start your review of Red Specter (Tier One #5)
Deb
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack Demsey and his elite team of seals and special force team. This was a giveaway book I won for my review. I don't read many of this type of book but so glad I won this and got to meet these characters in this team. They were very synchronized when on an infiltration operation. I could see minds working together without many words. The intense vendetta the best on our side and on the Russians side was intense. When they finally met for their fight to the death I could envision every move, eve ...more
Kashif
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tier One series is amongst my top favorite book series, going strong with 6 books as of yet. The reason for this obsession is that the books are phenomenal when it comes to tactically sound action sequences, and plotlines encompassing some swift espionage and black ops elements based in more non-fiction than fiction settings. Just when I thought the authors had reached the pinnacle of excellence in their novels, Red Specter comes on top of even the best in the Tier One series that precede Red Sp ...more
Slaven Tomasi
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Red Specter, the fifth in the Tier One series by two decorated veterans and talented authors, Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson. A quick recap, the series started with Tier One (2016). “In a world violated by terror, the old lines have blurred. Meet the next generation of covert ops.” Followed by, War Shadows (2017). “From the deserts of Iraq, through the jungles of Guatemala, to the streets of suburbia, Dempsey and his Ember team race against time to stop a series of horrific and devious attacks ...more
Jen
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. What a fantastic series, and made even better by Ray Porter. He's the reason for the five stars, really. He takes a great story and makes it amazing. I'm convinced the guy knows kung fu and can shoot a peanut M&M from 500 yards.

With this latest story from John Dempsey, crazy, cool stuff happens and tragedy strikes (again). Traitors are outed. Camping takes on a whole new meaning. John is cool under pressure and in the slow process of accepting his new identity, has some wins. Over the serie
Todd Simpson
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant series that has really captured my attention. Besides having a great plot, it’s the characters that make this such a good read. I’ve really enjoyed following John Dempsey through each of the 5 books in the series, and I especially like that there is always something happening throughout this story. It’s quite easy to lose a couple of hours amongst the pages. Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson have that special talent in being able to explain each scene in such a way that you ca ...more
David McGuire
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is even better than the previous ones in this series. I was absolutely blown away.

The book picks up immediately with John Dempsey and Ember trying to hunt down Valerian/Malik, the protagonist from the previous book operating behind the scenes. This time around, Dempsey and crew go on the offense. The action explodes ride from the get go. It doesn't stop.

While Dempsey and Ember are trying to hunt down Valerian, Valerian and his group, Spetzgruppa Zeta (a Russian version of Ember) are
Glen
May 07, 2020 rated it liked it
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

A black ops team goes up against its Russian doppelganger. Both teams take some casualties, but the more information is found on the Russian group. There are some science fictional devices, a lot of combat, and a lot of tension. Very good.

I didn't realize these were the same guys that wrote the Nick Foley series. That concept might be a tough sell in today's COVID 19 environment, but I enjoyed those books as well.
Tzutopia
Never had I expected this to be one of the best reads I'd have in a very long time!

What a roller coaster of action, emotions, and plot!
Gregory D
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

Wow! This was a great read. It made me feel like I was in the middle of the action. Read it!
John
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
OUT FREAKING STANDING!

This is the fifth book in the Tier 1 series I’ve read about the Tier 1 operators in the ultra black unit “Ember”. In this one Team leader John Dempsey finds out that the Russians have the same type of unit and their coming for Ember! This is an Outstanding series that just keeps getting better! I can’t wait for number 6.
Joshua
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Like a firefighter running toward a burning building, Dempsey charged toward the threat." I'm a fireman... therefore, I am American Operator Jack Dempsey. Ha! Now who else needs saving?

Thanks for writing fella's.
Chris (Nuke/Norseman) Miller
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve read any of the Tier One series from Jeffrey Wilson and Brian Andrews you know that John Dempsey has become a mainstay on Ember as a complete spec ops soldier! As a former SEAL he finds a way to bring the bad guys to justice but what if there was an equally capable force but they weren’t for the betterment of the world.

What if the bad guys bring the fight to your front steps? What if you are too far away to help stop an attack?

This was an amazing read and I can’t believe how much And
Craig Statucki
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a digital copy of the book for free by winning a GoodReads Giveaway. I have enjoyed every book in the series so far and this was no exception. I would have purchased an audiobook version if I had not won the giveaway but I was glad that I had the opportunity to read instead of listen.
Kristine
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow. Just wow.

I need to process before I can even think of writing a review.

Wow.

October 27, 2019

Okay. I’ve had some time to process everything that happened in Red Spector, along with the feelings that it provoked in me so I’m going to try to see if I can somehow put into words something that will make some semblance of everything I just experienced.

One of the things that I have loved about this series is how relevant the plots have been to actual things that are occurring in our world today,
Rellim
Audible. You can borrow book & audio via KU. Love this series so much I go ahead and buy the Audible as soon as they’re released. It’s actually less expensive to buy the ebook for $5.99 & add the audio for $1.99 for less than the cost of a credit.

Ray Porter is phenomenal as a narrator ~ seamlessly switches between accents, personalized voices, genders, etc. With a cast of characters as large as this ~ it’s quite the achievement. He also maintains the same voice for each character across all the
Kristine
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just wow.

I need to process before I can even think of writing a review.

Wow.

October 27, 2019

Okay. I’ve had some time to process everything that happened in Red Spector, along with the feelings that it provoked in me so I’m going to try to see if I can somehow put into words something that will make a bit of semblance with everything I just experienced.

Brad Davide
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!

I can only write the same review about the Tier One series so many times. To me, a hands down "Best in Class" in a stacked division of well written political/thriller/shooter/spy novels. I'm a huge fan of all the BAMF stars; Rapp, Reacher, Gray, Raynor, Andreas, Harvath, Victor etc... But Andrews and his Tier One series has just been superior on all fronts. The plot creativity, truly surprising twists, shockingly emotional moments for a door kicker thriller and an unrivaled NEED for
Larry
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is #5 in the Tier One series and certainly one of the best. While rather deep into the series, the authors does a nice job in quickly providing the reader with enough background to get into the story. They go on to add here and there and it could be a standalone read.

The opening is indeed a ‘thriller’. The US super-secret Ember (which include a number of former SEALs) is hunting the person who attempted an assassination on the US President. Russia is involved and attempting to affect the up
Linda Schmidt
Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson’s Red Specter holds a reader’s interest like few other books. From beginning to end the reader is glued to the page with fear for the Tier One operators fighting the enemy. In the Tier One series, red refers to communist Russia and its predecessor, the Soviet Union. We readers think we know who the traitor is, but US government officials do not know for sure, which increases dramatic tension. Andrews and Wilson not only entertain their audience but they write wel ...more
Troy Pool
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book in the Tier One series by Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson.
John Dempsey is back with a vengeance. A secret Russian task force out to stop Ember, and Ember, out to stop the Russian task force, the battle is on both Russian and American soil.
This book is an emotional roller coaster for fans of the series. If you haven't read the first 4 books in the Tier One series now is the time to get caught up, this one will grab you and doesn't let go.
dennis barron
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Red Spector. Brian Andrews. Jeffrey Wilson

Russia has attempted many assassinations. POTUS for one. A clandestine group of highly skilled operatives with the presidents blessing but known by very few has been put into place to resolve this problem. This novel is an extremely well written fast paced action spy thriller. Intrigue, treasonous acts. The primary character acts on a moral compass. His Russian counterpart, ego. Simply put an excellent read! Enjoyed immensely!
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mind blowingly heartbreaking!

I love this series so much, and the boys just up the ante on this one! The bad guy in this one was quite literally Dempsey’s evil twin it was terrifying! This guy and what he caused in this book will alter Ember in the future. The result of this shattered my heart, and I don’t know how Dempsey and crew will bounce back after this. I can’t believe how this ended!!! I know they will be okay, but that ending!!!!
Rebecca Ridley
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced & Action filled

This is the 5 book in this series and it just keeps getting better. The actions was so fast paced that I couldn't put the book down. I can't wait for the next book.
Jake Butler
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is in my top 5 military thrillers of all time! Each novel in the series gets better and better. With the plots, character development, and military accuracy, Brian Andrews and Jeffrey Wilson are on top of their game! Please, start the Tier 1 series if you haven't already. This novel hit all my emotions and perfectly set up the next one in the series.
I CAN'T WAIT!
Florence Clark
Excellent!!!! The characters keep you engaged, the action is non-stop and I just can't wait for the next one. Mitch Rapp is my all time fav but John Dempsey is gaining on him. This series is well worth the time to be involved.
Great job and recommend to all who love spy novels!!!
Thomas Lennek
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won this on Good Reads. My first Tier 1 series read. Outstanding, lots of action quickly engages the reader. Some of action takes place in the Denbigh area of Newport News and the landmarks and streets reminded me of living and business travel there. High marks for the characters, plot and pace. Hard to put down, highly recommended.
LeRoy Wilson
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I love these books. They are so well thought out, the characters are so vivid, and the story line is insane. I can’t wait for the next one!
Lon J Schuckman
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the best in the series so far.
Benjamin  Thomas
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book of 2019!!! Full review coming...
Bridgett
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action all the way through! Loved it! Didn't expect the deaths of some of JD's team mates though. Great read!
« previous 1 3 next »

• All Out War (Eric Steele #2)
  • Trained to Hunt (Pierce Hunt, #2)
  • One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
  • Barracuda! (Team Reaper Thriller #9)
  • Savage Son (Terminal List #3)
  • African White: A Team Reaper Thriller
  • Hunter Killer (Pike Logan #14)
  • Hard Target (Jon Reznick #8)
  • Empty Quiver (Team Reaper Thriller #8)
  • The Raid (Ryan Decker #2)
  • Active Measures
  • The Fires of Allah (Cody's War #3)
  • The Mountain (Ryan Decker #3)
  • Without Sanction (Matt Drake #1)
  • Hard Shot (Jon Reznick, #7)
  • Noble Vengeance (Jake Noble, #2)
  • Lethal Tender (Team Reaper Thriller #7)
  • Near Dark (Scot Harvath #19)
Brian Andrews is a US Navy veteran, Park Leadership Fellow, and former submarine officer with a psychology degree from Vanderbilt and a masters in business from Cornell University. He is the author of three critically acclaimed high-tech thrillers: Reset, The Infiltration Game, and The Calypso Directive, and co-authors the Wall Street Journal and #1 Amazon best-selling TIER ONE thriller series wit ...more

Tier One (6 books)
  • Tier One (Tier One #1)
  • War Shadows (Tier One #2)
  • Crusader One (Tier One #3)
  • American Operator (Tier One #4)
  • Collateral (Tier One #6)

News & Interviews

“With Petrov, everything is a zero-sum game—for Russia to rise, America must fall. Everything he’s done over the past decade has been an effort to sully and tarnish the reputation of Western democracies. Promoting Brexit, actively trying to break up the EU and NATO, turning Italy against France, stoking the fires of partisanship in the United States. And while we turn inward, trying to tame and manage the chaos Russia unleashed in our house, Petrov is systematically moving his chess pieces all over the board.” 1 likes
“Follow your heart. Follow your passion. As you set out on your life’s journey, don’t beholden yourself to other people’s priorities or wishes, because the end result is invariably disappointment for all parties.” 1 likes