Start by marking “Refrain (Beautiful Monsters Book #2)” as Want to Read:
Refrain (Beautiful Monsters Book #2)

Refrain

(Beautiful Monsters #2)

Some demons have angelic intentions...

Caught in the middle of a vicious gang war, Espi Vialle is torn between helping a woman with a twisted past or escaping a world of crime he’s ashamed to be a part of.

But when his own dark choices threaten to destroy what little hope of a future he has left, he’ll have to face his deepest fears and risk becoming the one per
364 pages

To ask other readers questions about Refrain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Refrain

Start your review of Refrain (Beautiful Monsters Book #2)
Charity Chimni
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This series keeps getting better and better. I love the how ongoing storyline is progressing. And seeing Espi under the mask he presented in Cresendo was eye opening. Chloe and Espi seem like water and oil but soon realize they can’t survive without the other. Looking forward to seeing more of them in upcoming books.
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

This was my first venture into the world of Lana Sky and I must say she had me enthralled. I enjoy a good dark romance and this story had a lot going for it. Lana Sky takes us into the world of The Russian Mob, The Cartel, and The Italian Mafia, no one is safe and if you think you are you're just fooling yourself.

Chloe and Espi are two broken people just trying to do what is ne
PP's Bookshelf
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a captivating dark romance by Lana Sky! The characters, the story, the prose- everything felt like someone is claiming my mind piece by piece. A beautiful haunting story about broken lives and shattered souls. The author takes you to the heart of crime and violence. Russians, Italians, Americans. All are playing the game of power and money. But what about the casualties? Like Chloe Parker. She is walking through fire for her sister and then she meets Espi. Both of them have so much darkness ...more
LaMarieFleurette
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Beautiful Monsters saga continues and if you haven't fell in love with Espi in Crescendo, it won't take must for you to fall in love now. Electrifying and touching, Lana has an irresistible way of blooming beauty out of darkness. Her words stroke an inferno of colors, capturing our hearts from the very first page. From a world of crime, where shattered souls are doomed to pain and suffering, love and hope, resist. Even when they're force to take other forms to survive.
Natalia
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
rtc
Ayvid
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued with Espi in Crescendo and had wanted to be in his head to see what he thinks, what makes him tick and most importantly to understand his feelings towards Dante. Their relation is fascinating. Espi in Crescendo was like a angsty, confused on what he wants but mature kid. In Refrain, you get in his head and get to see for yourself all that and more.

Even though I don't read or like dark romance, I went ahead with this series because I love the author's works. So I trust anything s
Tracie Simister
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Author: Lana Sky
Format: Kindle Edition
Published on: Nov 27, 2018

I voluntarily received a Courtesy Copy of this book from Enticing Journey and am choosing to leave a review.
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
What I liked/Didn’t Like: A very Da
Ana Oh
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really Good

I think I Ike the first book better (longer, deeper), although I like the hero in this book much, much more. I was really hoping he would get his own book when I was reading the first one.
Shannon Godwin
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very impressed with these books. I love mafia books and this series has not let me down. I will say that you will get more from this book if you read book 1 first. Chloe & Espi are totally opposite from each other but work great together. This book is not for the light hearted. Great writing & I fell in love with the characters. Can’t wait for more from this author
Wendy Livingstone
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this amazing series. No spoilers though; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed. This talented author has written a hauntingly beautiful story, which is dark, intense, twisted, raw, gritty, violent, and with angst, healing, and romance, as well as having broken and shattered souls. I was totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and cannot wait to read more from this author, whose work I highly recommend for all readers who love a da ...more
Mimi
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I just finished reading this book and as usual with all of Lana,s books That i have read I loved it.
It was a long read but i just couldn't stop reading as it was very captivating and so well written. i had already liked Espi,s character from the first book so i really enjoyed having him be the main character here and learning more about him.
As for Chloe's Character i just loved her, her back story, her strength and weaknesses, her interactions with Espi.
Overall i think this book is a must rea
Christina Szczepan-santos
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I loved this book! I'm glad I read the first book first. I feel like I had a better understanding of the characters. This is a hard review because I do not want to give any spoilers away. I can't wait to see what comes next in future books!
Rizka Amelia
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“It’s pain.” I eye my sketchbook, picturing the drawings I’ve scribbled inside it. Dante. Arno. Danny. “It’s getting addicted to someone’s own personal brand of the shit. It’s letting it fuck you up. It’s wanting to be fucked up. Love is poison.”

Filled with haunting imagery of fallen angels, hell and all those that revel in the pain Refrain is a darkly delicious read that takes you into the shadows. Clawing her way to freedom is harder than she ever imagined as she can’t escape being
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Refrain is definitely a hard book to review, and maybe it wouldn't have been as complicated for me to review if I had read the first book beforehand (though it did give a good outline of what had happened), but I'm still going to go ahead and suggest that now for others. It's the story of two people who have serious dark pasts. Chloe Parker, who will do anything for her sister, and Espi, who walks a solitary life on the out skirts of the crime world. I know that sounds a bit confusing, but he's ...more
Michelle1005
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
I am very impressed with this dark romance by Lana Sky. Every part claimed piece by piece my reader’s heart the characters, story, writing, all of that. It was an amazing story about broken lives and shatters souls. Lana Sky will take you to the essence of the heart of crime and violence. Everyone are playing in the game of money and power doesn’t matter is they’re Russians, Italians or Americans. But sometimes casualties will happen. It’s inevitable. Like Chloe Parker. She walks through fire fo
Joyffree
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fiery journey that captivates and enthralls from the opening scene to the closing
Welcome to the underbelly of the Mafia and Crime world. Where darkness prevails and morality is a running joke.

Espi was such a multi-faceted character for me. He has a touch of dark humor to him as well as a bit broody. He wants out - He does not want to become a part of the darkness that surrounds his life- He also suffers from a bit of savior syndrome though he will never admit it - He is practically perf
Ari
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know what? After Crescendo ended up on my best books list last year, i’m not very surprised that I freaking loved Espi and Chloe.

Lana Sky is a great writer, and the way she will lure you into her dark romances is something to behold. This book like the last was quite long, but no one can say it wasn’t disappointing. I need to read this book not during my exams because i need more time to visit and revisit my favourite scenes.

But to start with this ultra short review, let’s just say that Es
Amanda Lee
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love mafia and dark romances and this was definitely a good one. This is my first read by this author and i'll definitely be going back to read the first book.

I feel it would have been beneficial to have read the first book first, at least for some background on the characters. But the author did a good job in letting the reader know what had happened so I wasn't lost or confused.

I was pulled into the story right away and very invested in what was happening. I like how
Victoria
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When author Lana Sky releases a book, I never read the book's blurb. I do not care. I know, without a doubt, that I am going to enjoy it.

Refrain is no different, though it took me for a ride. I expected to get more of Daniella and Dante's story, and in a way I did...But this book picks up with Espi, Dante's younger brother and a young woman named Chloe. With Lana's magic, Espi and Chloe's worlds coincide with the events surrounding Dante and Daniella. To get a clear picture of what's
Sammi Dyer
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book Refrain by Lana Sky. It was captivating and thrilling to read. She has a way of being able to push her characters to be darker than what most people are comfortable, it gets to a point that you find out that one of the characters is so good at torture because of what he went through. But that's what keeps you intrigued to keep on reading. Lana Sky is able to make her characters dark and flawed as people but lovable at the same time, that you can't help yourself to root for them.
Sandy Lieberman
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read...5++Stars!
Lana Sky is a phenomenal author who writes dark, pain-filled books. This book is brutal, full of anger, grief, torment, and horrific torments. You will fall in love with Espi and Chloe. There is so much emotions. I was held prisoner by this story until I finished it. I just could not see how it was going to end. I loved it and recommend you read Book 1, Crescendo so you will be introduced to Espi's brother Dante and see how he plays a part in this book.
Mary Mccormack
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author, but definitely won’t be my last! Loved the characters and their personalities. This book takes you to dark places right along with the characters and at times you wonder if you will make it out. Definitely not for the faint of heart, but worth the trip.
Cheryl Frias
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very dark and twisted book love Lana sky as a writer she is fabulous can’t wait for the rose series just can’t put a good book down!!!
Charity Faith
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you read this yet? GRAB your copy NOW! I was expecting the plot to be amazing but I did not expect it to be EPIC. Amazing journey, amazing read, amazing author. Woot! Woot!
Lightning
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to know about Dante and Danny. What happened to them?
Brigita
Feb 26, 2019
Morgan
Feb 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Queen of the Underworld (Tales of Olympus, #3)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • Awakening (Tales of Olympus, #2)
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos, #2)
  • Irrepairable (Pinnacle Heirs Book 1)
  • Savages (Badlands #1)
  • The Lone Wolf (Wolf #3)
  • Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)
  • Innocence (Tales of Olympus, #1)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Merciless (Merciless, #1)
  • Damage
  • Ruse (Rydeville High Elite #1.5)
  • The Debt (Mafia Vows, #1)
  • The Promise: Mafia Vows Two
  • The Skull Ruler (Skull #3)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
I am a quirky writer from the US who dabbles in dark, paranormal and contemporary romance. My stories aren't always typical, but contain a little something for everyone.

Beautiful Monsters (2 books)
  • Crescendo