Start by marking “Trust the Wolf (Shift, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trust the Wolf (Shift, #1)

Trust the Wolf

(Shift #1)

You never forget your first wolf.

Emilia’s first encounter with Jason is memorable: it’s not every day you see a stranger change into a wolf. Her attraction to him is undeniable, but the secret he shares shakes the foundations of her life.

Jason’s need for Emilia unnerves him. It’s his job to report shifters without proper ID, yet he can’t make himself do it this time. The
Published January 24th 2019 (first published January 8th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Trust the Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust the Wolf

Start your review of Trust the Wolf (Shift, #1)
Maraia
Romance isn’t a genre I gravitate towards (okay, fine, I actively avoid it), particularly when it includes paranormal relationships. I’ve tried a few books, but in the end, the genre just isn’t for me. When my friend Zoe Ashwood told me she’d written a paranormal romance novel and asked if I wanted to read it, I was hesitant but knew that if anyone could write a paranormal romance I’d enjoy, she’d be the one.

My first exposure to Zoe’s writing was through her former book blog, where I fell in lov
Jolie Vines
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trust the Wolf is a pacy tale of shifter discovery and romance, and it gripped me from the off. Emilia is our no-nonsense heroine, and human, or so she thinks. When she is accosted in a nightclub by a nasty man who calls her 'little cub', she's saved by a hero who turns her life upside down. In more ways than one.
It helps that Jason, our hero, is dreamy gorgeous, so when he shifts into a grey wolf in front of her and names her Ms Bear, it takes little persuading for her to want to know more.
You
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Oh how I tried for this book. I really wanted to enjoy it. It just fell through.

We get Emilia who thought she was an average human but her world gets toppled when she finds out she is half shifter. Half bear shifter to be exact. If something lIke that happened to me, I would be so freaked out but no, not Emilia. She was more worried about jumping the wolf. She is introduced to this whole new world that she didn’t know existed and she is as cool as a cucumber. The same goes for her friends. Jason
Zoe Ashwood
Read the first three chapters of the story here!

To read the FREE prequel novella, Bearly Married, go here!
Jessie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, paranormal
***Disclaimer: I received and advance reader copy from the author in exchange for my honest review, being this voluntary. This does not affect my opinion about this reading at all. ***

Trust The Wolf is the second book in the series. I just realized that there is another before this one (Bearly Married - Shifter Series .05). But you can read it as standalone. It's a paranormal romance, with a little action, good hot scenes, suspense, drama, secrets and a happy ever after. I like paranormal romanc
Becky
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Full review to follow, I need to figure out all my thoughts into coherency.

I will say, is the next book out yet?
✨The Quick & Dirty Bibliophile✨

~REVIEW🖋~
The quick and dirty: Girl is informed by a male wolf shifter that she's not entirely human. They form a friendship that quickly morphs into something romantic but when he realizes who she really is, he quickly distances himself (shifter politics and abandonment issues). When there's an attempt on her life though, he realizes he's willing to sacrifice everything to save her.

*MILD SPOILERS*

Jason saves Emilia from being assaulted at a club and realizes she has no idea that she's a shifter
Adele
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer: I received an Advanced Reader Copy from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way impacted my review.**

Trigger Warning: Attempted Abduction, Abduction Mention, Gun Usage, Tranquilizer Usage, Death Mention.
If you don’t like stories with sex scenes, I would advise you to not read Trust the Wolf.

Publication Date for TRUST THE WOLF is January 24, 2019.

I’m very glad that I discovered Trust the Wolf, and I’m even happier that Zoe Ashwood allowed me to read Trust the W
United Indie Book Blog
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is my first time reading one of Zoe Ashwood books. I will be going back and reading of her books. Zoe Ashwood's writing is so captivating, she had me hooked with the first page. I loved Emilia and Jason. They had so much chemistry between them. Jason is strong and protective. I love that Emilia doesn’t drop everything and upend her life for Jason or for anyone else. If you’re a romance reader, I definitely recommend ...more
Janet
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AH! It had to be strange and scary when Emilia found out she was half bear and human. Then to fall for a wolf. All kinds of things going on. Finding out about her biological family, politics (which she does not care for), the guy she fell for was told to get into her good graces. So much, will it get better, the felling of betrayal? I like this book and the way the author dealt with all going on. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
Cheri Tipler
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok Wow really enjoyed this human & shifter lives. Keeping chaos in order for their safety shifters are fighting the same wars the humans do. By the way your a bear shifter, You now have new rules & laws, New changes need to be made, evildoers need to be dealt with. Emilia & Jason have so much to work through but love always wins. This is a good Read Good action and romance with a nice twist. ...more
Erin Figueiredo
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Captivating Story.

The story line is very captivating and kept me wanting to read more. The main characters are well thought out and easy to like. The book ends on a cliff-hanger making you really want to read the next book to see where the story goes.

I really enjoyed reading this book. A must read.
Danielle Robbins
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trust The Wolf was a great read. I loved Jason and Emilia. They were great together. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Wendy Bowen
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is intriguing, intense, sweet, and romantic throughout. Zoe Ashwood has written an exceptional shifter novel, one that will have readers entertained for many years to come.

Sian’s Reading Adventure
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trust The Wolf by Zoe Ashwood
Shift #1

I was given the opportunity to have an ARC in return for an honest review.

I absolutely loved this book. It has the perfect mix of everything, that had me hooked from the beginning!

I love Zoes writing style and for a new author I feel she could compete with some of the best.

Now let’s go to the characters. I loved Emilia and Jason. They had so much chemistry that it was almost inevitable that they would end up together.

They go through a lot together, includi
Laney Kaye
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know when you read a book, and you're aware it's probably not going to be a blockbuster, or a movie, yet every page imprints a permanent, gentle, happy smile on your face? This is that book.
Sweet, fun, and eminently readable. Thoroughly enjoyable, and perfect to curl up with this winter.
Andreja Kumer
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I never thought shapeshifter romance novels would be something I'd read, but alas!, Zoe Ashwood's writing is so captivating, starting from the first sentence, that one simply cannot close the book. The plot is engaging and unpredictable, with traces of the most thrilling crime and romantic TV series, and the characters are incredibly real and sexy, so much so that they get you emotionally involved and you forget that you are actually reading a novel.
The only think I didn't quite like is the use
Kimberly
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good paranormal romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good. The story is a fun fantasy read.

Lattes_n_literature
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emilia’s life is not what she thought. After a night out with friends her world had completely changed

Trust the Wolf by Zoe Ashwood was such a fun read. It wasn’t heavy on drama or angst. Things seemed to wrap up quickly rather than drag out, which I appreciate. I felt the storyline was fun, engaging, and flowed nicely.

I’m a huge fan of urban fantasy and finding new authors is always exciting. I have to admit I haven’t read many books on shifters, but after reading this I’m finding myself wanti
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Emilia knows nothing of the shifter world until trouble finds her and it turns her world upside down. Jason makes it his mission to teach her but his feelings get in the way and he ends up hurting her. When her heritage is revealed, he knows he must do everything in his power to keep her safe. Wolves mate for life but her life may be cut short. Thrilling read with a storyline that will make you see stars. Excellent writing.
Julie Jackson
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Diane
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: ABSOLUTELY
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of "TRUST THE WOLF" OMG!!!!! This is my first read by Zoe Ashwood such a creative writer if you like a shifter romance stories this is one is a keeper. The chemistry between Emilia and Jason is off the charts sexy as sin they are truly well written characters as are all the secondary characters in this book. You get a glimpse into the shifter world and how it works it's full of intense drama, suspense, intrigue, mystery, betrayal, secrets, lies, passion, twist and t ...more
Michi (The Capital Bluestocking)
Trust the Wolf (Shift, #1) is a perfect romance; it's filled with steamy moments and action-packed danger. The plotting was expertly paced and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. With alternating view points, the characters were hilarious and unique--each with their own distinct voice.

Big things are in store for this merry band of shifters, and I'm excited to see what Zoe Ashwood delivers next.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

“Trust the Wolf” is Zoe Ashwood’s debut novel and the first full-length story in her Shift series. From the first chapters, Emilia’s and Jason’s story will grip your emotions and not let them go until the end. There is a prequel, “Bearly Married” which I would strongly suggest you pick up – and if possible, read before you immerse yourself in this world through “Trust the Wolf”. I was watching for the connection through the first chapters, and while the story was tantali
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

3.5 hearts

I don't respond to many review requests since I have many favorite authors and series. I get many emails on a daily basis from publishers about books available for review. I'm grateful to have that "problem" and it's nearly impossible to respond to them all.  I told this author I would read the prequel novella and reply
Toni
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emilia is out with friends at a club where she;s stood up by the blind date her friend had fixed up for her. She went to the ladies room but was accosted by a shifty smelly guy. She manages to get away but when she comes out of the bathroom he tackles her. Then she;s saved by a gorgeous man, Jason, who asks her for her id. Then asks her for another id which she;s never heard of before. That;s when he informs her that she;s half shifter. When she doesn;t believe him he shifts into his wolf. Now i ...more
Delacey
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, arc
This paranormal romance had a bit of everything I like: humour, a moderate amount of steam, a little suspense and action. The characters were well developed and it was nice seeing Amelia come out of her shell as she starts to learn and explore the other unknown half of herself. The side characters had a nice feel to them, a little development so they aren't flat, but not so much that it distracts from the main story line. The romance even developed at decent pace (unlike the instalove that tends ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Great debut book and what a fantastic start to this series. Emilia has been happily raised her whole life as a human, but she is not as human as she seems. Once she is rescued by Jason in a club her whole world is turned upside down and is introduced to the world of shifters. It seems, according to Jason, that she is a half-blood bear shifter and once Jason proves to her that he is not crazy she begins to slowly believe him. There is so much protocol in the shifter world and by Jason n
Books 2 Blog
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story had me hooked from the very beginning. It had a great storyline, it’s action packed, many twists and turns, romance and my favorite steamy scenes! Jason made me swoon he was such a great character and his need to protect emilia was so sweet. Who would’ve thought that one accident would forever change your life? It not only brought up a physical change but and emotional one as well. This is a must read!!

B2B Sandra
Scarolet Ellis
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TRUST THE WOLF by Zoe Ashwood is a wonderful story to read. This is a wonderful story to read by a brand new author for me. This is book number one in a brand new wonderful series that I loved reading. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about shifters.

« previous 1 3 next »

• Midnight Touch (Midnight Pack #1)
  • Storm the Castle (Marry the Scot, #1)
  • Mine (Possessive Aliens, #1)
  • Dragon Called (Prince of the Other Worlds, #1)
  • Cherished Mate (Cybermates, #1)
  • Seeking the Fae (Daughter of Light #1)
  • Damien's Dilemma (Broken Shifters #1)
  • A Mate to Embrace ( Dragons of Mount Aterna Book4 )
  • What a Wolf Dares (Lux Catena, #2)
  • Beautiful Mistake (The Royal Shifters #2)
  • Blade's Battle (Broken Shifters #2)
  • The Mountain Wolf Protectors Box Set (Mountain Wolf Protectors, #1-4)
  • Notorious in a Kilt (Hot Scots #5)
  • One Night (One Night Is All It Takes #2)
  • Real Men Claim (Real Men Shift, #6)
  • Chasing Her Curves (Irresistible Curves, #1)
  • Like a Boss (Like a Boss, #1)
  • Waking Up Wolf (Shifting Hearts Dating Agency, #2)
Zoe Ashwood is a romance writer with a passion for suspenseful stories with a sexy twist. She's in love with the art of making up stories - and making her characters fall in love.

For news about book releases and exclusive freebies and giveaways, join her newsletter !

You can also find her on: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest.

Shift (4 books)
  • Truth or Bear (Shift, #2)
  • Make Him Howl (Shift #3)
  • Only Human (Shift #4)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...