Start by marking “Way to My Heart” as Want to Read:
Way to My Heart

Way to My Heart

There was nothing wrong with being the crazy cat lady.

At least that's what I told myself after twenty-three years of being blatantly single.

A girl's self esteem could only take so many hits before carbs, Netflix, and cats became her sole loves in life. After all, cats didn't judge how much pizza you could eat in one sitting.

But then Caleb Winters had to wedge his way into
Published October 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Way to My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Way to My Heart

Start your review of Way to My Heart
Coco.V
May 06, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/6/2019)! 🎁
X. Rhodes
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about one of the funniest, most charming, accurate book i've read this year? ADD THIS BOOK TO YOUR TBR RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Barbara C. Doyle did it yet again. This hilarious rendition of a Romantic Comedy stole my heart. The one liners made me snort-laugh, the inside monologue's had me in stitches, and there's always a little room for a love story that is so perfectly accurate to the average human being.

Paisley May is fierce, independent, and a granny at heart. She had been working her
Amanda Steward
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Permanent smile

I so have a permanent smile from this book. I swear my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I’m glad I took a chance on this book. I mean come on it’s got an insanely hot guy and a CAT on the cover!! So worth the read!!
Micalea Smeltzer
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“A laugh out loud romantic comedy we can all relate to.” —Micalea Smeltzer Author of Last To Know
Alex ♈
Christine C
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I kept going back and forth on this book. It was good overall. Paisley and Caleb have good chemistry and their banter is amusing. I liked Iris a lot. But while I enjoyed this book, it didn’t stick with me as Amazing.

What I liked: Paisley’s name. Mashed Potato the cat. Caleb (mostly). The epilogue.

What I didn’t like: Paisley’s immaturity. I get it, she has low self esteem, but she was a bit self-sabotaging. There were also some misused words that jarred me out of the story – a “beat red” face, an
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I've read the first book in this author's Relentless series and I enjoyed that book, so I have no idea why I didn't continue reading the rest of that series! I then found out about this standalone book and signed up for the chance of an ARC! I was really excited when I received an email with the ARC in it and luckily I had just finished my current read, so I was able to read this book straightaway! After reading this book, I can say that I freaking loved it! I was drawn right in from the first c ...more
Sara Oxton
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Way to My Heart by Barbara C. Doyle a five-star read that will make you purr. What a sweet and cheeky read, it should come with a warning that your face will ache while reading from smiling and grinning so much at the anecdotes and behaviours of besties hot brother Caleb Winters and possibly the sweetest cat lady (with the cutest cat Mashed Potatoes) Paisley, they make a great pairing and their story will not be an easy one and they will fight, and not just over food, but if a man buys your cat ...more
Heather andrews
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The blurb caught my eye in this book, cats I love cats, I love when people are crazy cat people, I can totally relate. Caleb is not a bashful man in any way, “don’t be offended, sweetheart. It’s a nice ***, hence why I was staring at it. I mean, it was hard to miss being all up in the air like that. And I’m a man. I notice things like that. Take an interest in it quite frankly.” I really loved this book, it was such a fun read and paisley was just an awkward person that made it even more fun to ...more
Paula Genereau
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! Worth a thousand stars. I have fell in love with this book. The storyline is amazing and will suck you in and keep you begging for more
Lara
Started as a good premise, but so many things added up to a book I just had to drag myself through to finish. So, one star. A strong one star, but not enough to round up.

Caleb. I like a cocky H, but he reeeeally pushed the limits a couple times. Like returning the underwear? That was her workplace. Even if she's "just" doing laundry, that's still her place of work, and he should give her that respect. Pretty dick move.

Paisley. I like a quirky, geeky, awkward, not-so-popular-girl h, but Paisley m
Barbara Doyle
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I cannot be held responsible for your pizza craving after reading this book.
Janice Salotti
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A true delight.

Paisley is a woman I could relate to and probably many women would agree. She struggles terribly with her self image and distrusts Caleb's intentions. Too many boys have only wanted to use her for sex.
But Caleb sees Paisley as so much more and he understands. "it isn't easy letting people in after believing no one was ever going to fight for you" he says to her and many of us know that truth too well. However, this is a rom-com, not a depressing novel so there's an HEA, of course.
Becca (The Troubles and Woes of a Bookworm)
Okay, so I received this in my Romance Reveal box that arrived today... It was the last book in the box.. I liked the sound of all the other ones but then I saw this book... IT HAS A CAT ON THE COVER! I knew right then I'd like this book. When I read the line "But then Caleb Winters had to wedge his way into my life by bribing me with chocolate and my cat with toys. And before I knew it, my cat was too attached to let him go.", I knew I'd have it finished before I went to bed this evening. I was ...more
Brittani Brown
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is hilarious all the way through, but can we talk about that ending?! We'll get there...
I really love Paisley's character all the way through the story. She reminds me of a younger me (I'm awkward as hell also, yo!). She learns and grows throughout the story, and I love the scenarios along the way. I love love LOVE surprises, and I won't give this one away, but just know it is my favorite thing in a book ever, and it is amazing! You have to wait til the epilogue. Don't say I didn't war
Sara Baker
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable ♡

This book is so great! Paisley isn't your "typical" damsel in distress hottie that needs a knight in shining armor to come and save her. Shes awkward, and not good with the dating world, she is clumsy, and not the thinnest. She is independent.
Caleb is no night in shining armor (...eh maybe?) 😁 he is arrogant, self centered, and sexy.
The two of them have a push and pull that is so relateable to probably most people! And it literally had me snickering out loud and smiling to myself as
Melissa Marx
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m going to start by saying I adored this story. I feel as though the characters didn’t have enough dimension, but what was there was likable. Even the parts of Paisley we got to see were scarily relatable (push away before getting hurt, not sure you’re worthy of being loved, self body shaming) these subjects could have been emphasized a tad more. There are a couple of spelling/grammar errors but honestly- who doesn’t have those in an ebook these days? I wish we learned a tad more about Caleb. ...more
Melena Torretta
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
A quick read romance with an awkward heroine and sweet hero.

Paisley has resigned herself to the single life with her cat, but things get shaken up when her friend's brother Caleb comes to town.

I like that Caleb tried to push Paisley out of her comfort zone a bit while letting her know how much he cared for her.

There are a few odd turns of phrase and word choices and Paisley mentions babysitting the boys occasionally but then doesn't seem to know what to do with them.

However, it was a cute story
Sara Baker
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book!!!! This is not the first book I've read by Barbara, but it is one that will definitely stick out in my head for s long time to come!
Paisley is so real! Shes quirky, awkward, not the stunning figure you always just automatically assume when reading, and she is accident prone I would say. And Caleb is the whole package. Cute. Cocky, and sure he will get his way!
So much of way to my heart is a warm rom-com that literally has you snickering out loud. Its do, RELATEABLE. Best way to put i
Jana
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-10-2018
4/5

I saw the cat on the cover, read the blurb, then immediately jumped into this story. And, let me tell you, this is probably the most I have ever related to a heroine and, honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about it! But, nonetheless, I am inspired by her!
Paisley thought she was happy and content when Caleb came into her life and forced her to open up for him. She learned more about herself by interacting with Caleb than she would have ever learned without him.
Caleb was a patient man, he knew
Becca Whaley
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say this , I’ve not read all of Barbara’s books but out of the 5 I have read this is my FAVE !!!!!! Paisley is so awkward it’s hilarious ... even tho at times you kinda feel sorry for her.. lol.. Caleb is as smooth as honey and his confidence knows no bounds.... Total opposites but they work.. The banter and teasing between them is awesome.. the chemistry is amazing... They just balance each other out perfectly... This is a MUST READ.... It’s proof even awkward girls can find their P ...more
Elsie
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Way to my Heart is the story of Paisley. An awkward, sweet and funny girl whose been burned many times in life. She often feels like she's not good enough l therefore she keeps to herself until one dayshe meets gorgeous Caleb. He shows her life is worth living and theres one person out there for everybody.

This book is sweet and funny and even though sometimes I felt like throwing my phone at Pais I couldn't help but love her too.
Brandie Breaux
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book!! Caleb was just perfect! Paisley was the perfect heroine and perfectly awkward. I loved the banter between Caleb and Paisley. I loved the cats antics and personality. While I love my husband, I totally want a Caleb in my life. His determination to know Paisley and get her to love him is the stuff love stories are made of (obviously). This story was a great mix of sweet and comedy, and I absolutely loved it!!
Teresa
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Way to My Heart by Barbara C Doyle

5+ Stars

OMG! AMAZE BALLS!! I loved it so very much! IT is marvelous! Well written. Strong characters. I absolutely LOVE THE COVER!! A kitty with a gorgeous man!! WOWZA!! The whole entire book melted my heart!

Paisley, how much I love you! I can so relate with her story!

"I love your heart of gold, your sarcasm, and how much you care about your cat."

~ GET THIS ON YOUR LIST TO READ AND READ IT!!
Yatarika Ally
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book kept my attention, with Paisley and her cat Mashed Potato (love the reason it's named that way). Paisley is a girl that you can connect with, I could completely understand her thought process. Caleb tries so hard to show her he is serious and wants to date her and give a rela a try. Paisley is so doubtful because of self image issues and past relationships. In the end I was almost loudly rooting for Caleb! You will love this book! I highly recommend it!.
Ashley Speakman
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I can't say enough good words about this book. It was comical. It was real. It was light hearteed when I needed it to be. It has a cat named Mashed Potato. I loved it. Paisley is such a relateable character. We all feel awkward and dorky at some point in our lives. Barbara does a great job making this character come to life. Then, there is Caleb. Swoon! He's got it going on. It was just what I needed to get out of my book funk. All the stars!
Raquel Auriemma
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun story. Paisley reminded me of myself in a lot of ways. And her interaction with Caleb was great - a bit smart-assy, which my husband would probably say is exactly like me. If your looking for your typical girl meets boy romantic fairy tale, this isn't it. This is so much better, because it is realistic and not a fairy tale.
Melissa
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I LOVED this book! It was such a great read.

Way To My Heart pretty much has it all: Paisley is so relatable and Caleb is pretty much the perfect book boyfriend, plus there's a cute cat! What more could you want?

I laughed at Paisley's awkwardness and swooned over Caleb! I highly recommend grabbing a copy for yourself.
Sharee
Oct 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring, corny and so freaking whiny. We get it already. You're insecure because you're not a size 0 or whatever. Blah. Blah. Blah. Caleb was annoying. Paisley was whining the entire time. The story was predictable and the Caleb's army storyline was ridiculously unbelievable and totally unnecessary. It could have been left out.
Meeka
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sweetest read!!!

I truly enjoyed reading this book!!! This is my first time reading any books from this author!! I am impressed!!! This book was sweet, touching and was very relatable!! This is a must read!!! It touches on lot stuff people go through!! I loved Celab and Pasley chemistry that turned in to amazing relationship!!! Great Book!!😊

• Desperately Seeking Roommate
  • The Truth about Heartbreak
  • Wild Collision (The Wild, #1)  (Us, #4)
  • The Truth about Us
  • The Truth about Tomorrow
  • Where the Little Birds Go
  • Text Me Baby One More Time (Texting, #4)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Desperately Seeking Landlord
  • Where the Little Birds Are
  • Flirting with Fire (Blue Collar Brothers, #1)
  • Can't Text This (Texting, #3)
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Let's Get Textual (Texting, #1)
  • The First Lights
  • Fiancé for the Night (One Night to Forever #1)
  • Fleeting (Nash Brothers Book 1)
  • Jock Rule (Jock Hard, #2)
Barbara C. Doyle grew up in a small town in Upstate New York, surrounded by a passion for writing, pizza, and cats.

Her journey started at the young age of fourteen, and grew as she pursued a degree in English and Journalism throughout college. She believes that the written word is best used as a mode to escape into a different reality, thus the birth of her novels.

Her other passions include binge-

News & Interviews