Start by marking “The Simple Life” as Want to Read:
The Simple Life

The Simple Life

*A standalone romantic comedy with a lot of heart*

Brooklyn Manning thought her life was perfect in every way, until it crumbled down around her and turned into a dumpster fire. With her pride wounded and her tail tucked between her legs, she leaves New York and goes back to her tiny hometown of White Timber, Montana.

No more twenty-four-hour taco trucks, no more shopping a
Published October 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Simple Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Simple Life

Tara
Sep 21, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Simple Life is LIVE everywhere! Grab your copy today:
Apple: http://bit.ly/TSLapplebooks
Nook: http://bit.ly/TSLnook
Kobo: http://bit.ly/TSLkobo
Paperback: https://amzn.to/2CMol8g

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

🎃5 Stars 🎃

The Simple Life has everything I wanted and even more.It was such a beautiful story.Tara Sivec delivers a light hearted,sweet and funny story.With a swoon worthy hero and a funny heroine.

“Oh,screw you, ovaries!
No, I still don’t like children, but come on!Seeing a hot guy, manly cowboy wearing tight jeans,with his cowboy boots thumbing across the floor, and carrying a kid in his arms would make anyone weak.”"

Can I say how much I enjoy
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars!!!!****

What a lighthearted, funny, entertaining book! I thoroughly enjoyed it and I will definitely be checking out more of this author’s work!!!

This particular story was impossible not to love! We watch Clint and Brooklyn become reacquainted after being apart for years. They knew each other from grade school, as well as Brooklyn was best friends with his sister. Seeing as they all live in a small town, everyone knows everyone! In Brooklyn’s case, she got out of there fast and hea
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Brooklyn left her tiny Montana home town right after high school. She wanted to make it in New York City. And she did. She's writing for the world's biggest fashion magazine. She's going to the best parties and has a great boyfriend. Or ... she kinda HAD all those things.

After a tiny little incident that landed her in the gossip mags, she's now back home at her dad's place in Montana.

She's not staying forever - obviously. But she needs a job. Which she finds at her childhood's best friend Ember'
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars ✨
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

Woohoo - that is always my reaction when I get a new Tara Sivec story on my kindle.

She is back to her rom-com best with The Simple Life. It is a adorable, and cute and full of all things pumpkin that are not spice!

I love the love/hate things that Clint and Amy have Brooklyn have going. I love that they have history and this snarkiness goes back a lifetime.

Fighting is foreplay with this pair! I loved that beneath all the snarky (and sometimes mean) c
Raine
Fantastic!

I love Tara Sivec books! They are always entertaining. I love the dialogue between the characters, especially between Brooklyn and Clint and also Broolyn and her dad. I'm just sad this only a standalone and not a series.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 19, 2018
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Actual Rating: 5 stars

The Simple Life is absolute perfection! I loved everything about this book. The smart mouthed, sassy Brooklyn Manning who is down on her luck after being punched in the face by her boyfriends wife (don't worry, she didn't know he was married!). Clint, the nerd-boy turned hot cowboy who not only runs one of the best pumpkin farms in Montana but raises his two little girls on his own. And each and every one of the seco
Bex | TotallyBex.com
★★ 4.5 stars! ★★

Do you love enemies-to-lovers romances?  Single dads?  How about small town romances?  If you answered yes to any of these, then you’re totally going to love The Simple Life!  Told in Sivec’s signature voice, this story is heartwarmingly cute and sidesplittingly hilarious—which is exactly what I love from a Tara Sivec rom-com!

Brooklyn grew up in a tiny Montana town with an emotionally closed-off father and runaway mother.  She couldn’t wait to make it on her own in the world and
Stacie
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 "Funny and Sweet" Stars!

Anas Attic  Book Blog

The Simple Life by Tara Sivec
Standalone Romantic Comedy
There is a reason Tara Sivec has been one of my top 3 authors for the last 6 years, and she totally reinforced that position with the perfect Autumn escape. The Simple Life was everything I love about Tara’s writing (and more!) in a small-town setting.

Brooklyn couldn’t wait to get out of her small Montana town and live out her fashion dreams in the Big Apple. She was doing just that, working for a top fashion magazine, going to all the h
Kim
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
Brooklyn Manning has been loving her New York life for over a decade and going to the best parties, meeting all the stars, wearing the latest fashions, and getting paid to write about it...until her whole life implodes in one night. Now she has left the glitz and glam behind and is home in White Timber, Montana to help her father. But that brings her face to face with all of her past mistakes and all the people that know all about them. She is outspoken, cynical, sarcastic, and even an
Jeannine
I’m smiling! Tara is my #1 go-to for all things rom-com in my book world. I pimp her books out like crazy to people looking for great LOL’s. Clint and Brooklyn are amazing. Their snarky banter with each other is so on point. I loved reading them go back and forth, it was so entertaining. There are so many great characters in here too. Brooklyn’s dad cracks me up. I love when there’s a funny dad character. Reggie Holiday anyone?! It was so much fun to escape for a couple of hours and enjoy a hot ...more
Mikaia
No head or tail to the story. Just a body. No proper backstory for the male character was given. Just 3-4 flashbacks & we're asked to believe that the leads share a strong bond. If you can't spend enough time on a lead character why write the book in the first place? Whereas the female character was given too much intro in the beginning, several chapters long, you just start skimming after a while.
There needs to be a balance in disclosing the character arc, not too much not too less. Just en
Julie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Growing up in a small town, you find yourself dreaming of a future of ‘what could be’. Brooklyn was one such dreamer. Leaving that tiny town after high school was the best thing that happened to Brooklyn. That dream was quickly becoming a reality. Brooklyn is now writing for one of the biggest magazines in the country, attending the most desired parties, and has a boyfriend that others envy. From the outside, it all appears to the public that Brooklyn has it all. Or does she???

A revelation that
Janey
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2018
It's been a while since I dipped into a Tara Sivec story, but didn't take long to remember why I love her.

Brooklyn Manning and her best friends elder brother, Clint, have grown up with a mutual annoyance of each other. It's been 12 years since Brooklyn returned home to White Timber, Montana, having established a glowing journalist career in New York. But needs must, and a drastic situ pulls her back home, and straight into the sight line of Clint, the computer nerd.

The hilarious exchanges betwee
Happily Mary After
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommendation appeared on USA Today’s Happy Ever After on October 23, 2018.

Tara Sivec is one of my favorite writers of romantic comedy, so I knew that I would love The Simple Life. It’s a wickedly funny and completely swoony enemies-to-lovers romance with a sexy single dad, a sassy journalist, two precious little girls, a thriving pumpkin farm and an abundance of small-town charm. Brooklyn and Clint were teenaged nemeses, who haven’t seen each other in 12 years but are now back in their small h
Amy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, review-books
I LOVED this book! Hands down one of the best rom-com's of 2018!

“Then Brooklyn walked back into my life, and it felt like I’d just woken up from a coma. Everything was louder, more colorful, brighter, newer, and more exciting. I couldn’t wait to wake up every day just to catch a glimpse of her.”

“She made me feel alive again for the first time in years.”

“You’re a pain in my ass. But fighting with you every day for a month has made me happier than getting along with someone else all my life. You d
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Definitely a favourite read from Sivec.

Fab mix of her real-romance and funny-romance genres. Cute and humorous cast of characters. Love the best-friends-brother; childhood enemies to adult lovers hook. Highly recommend.
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
When I started reading it, I just loved this So much, first pages were awesome, I thought this was the perfect book for these days. Everything was amazing until the moment the main characters met. I didn’t like anything past that point.
(view spoiler)
Camila Matuella
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Eu juro que já li um livro IGUAL a esse, muda só os nomes dos personagens. Mas fora isso é um bom livro pra passar o tempo.
bookmarkbelles
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
RTC
Janneke
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tpam-b-r-and-pmc
Great Book!!! Sweet sexy funny. A light read with a lot of fun!
Lady Heather
I LOVED this book!
I laughed out loud so many times reading it, that I had to stifle my laughs and had tears running down my eyes.
Great writing, great characters, and friggn hot chemistry between the protagonists.

If you're looking for a funny, amazing read...then READ THIS BOOK! :-)
Brittany&Elizabeth's BookBoutique
"He's looking at me the way I look at tacos, and chocolate chunk ice cream, and Louboutin shoes, and everything else I love in the world."

I have never laughed so hard in a book! The Simple Life was everything I loved in a book- best friends brother, enemies to lovers, unrequited love of sorts, and COWBOYS!. I love this troupe- crave it. As soon as I saw the blurb I knew that I was going to enjoy it and I was not disappointed!

Tara Sivec provided all the LOL's and the most humorous situations I
Erica S.
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
The Simple Life is 5 AMAZING STARS!!! It is such a feel good, warm and hilarious book! You get some second chance romance with a side of enemies to lovers.
I love the slow burn of Clint and Brooklyn's relationship. Their banter and jokes toward one another was hilarious! (I actually wrote some down to use! Thanks Tara lol). But when the jokes are pushed aside, temporarily, their chemistry is OFF THE CHARTS! I couldn't help but route for Clint!

All of the side characters were AMAZING too. They had
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
OMG! I haven’t laughed this hard since Seduction and Snacks..while I wasn’t laughing I had a stupid smile on my face. This is the Tara Sivec I love to read. The laugh out loud, people look at you funny in public, swoony hilarity that makes her the queen of comedy.

Clint and Brooklyn will steal your heart with there witty come backs. Brooklyn’s dad had me snickering and totally relating. I loved watching the relationship evolve, I adored all the friends and small town life. Tara hit the nail on t
Cassandra
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Tara Sivec, I'd read your grocery list at this point.

I have slowly but surely been making my way through this woman's work and I'm always happy at the end of each one. Tara is one of the few authors I read who brings a heavy dose of humor into her writing and thank GOD. Yes, we have our sad moments, but for the most part we truly get a light-hearted story of a woman and man falling for one another. But each character has their own quirks that make them so enjoyable. I think my favourites in this
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
The Simple Life is simply a great RomCom. It is a small town romance and an enemies to lovers story filled with fun and banter.
Brooklyn is a sassy, snarky, sarcastic treat of a heroine. When things go wrong she just rolls with the punches and moves on.

“Fighting with you every day for a month has made me happier than getting along with someone else all my life.”

My full review:
Up All Night Book Addict
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018, reviews
Can I get an amen? Another winner for this author! Another sweet, funny, and romantic book that everyone can enjoy and devour from start to finish.

I love these characters. They are ALL perfect in every way. Their snark, their wit, their compassion. Everything is there. It all adds to the overall chemistry between all of the characters. The writing, as always, is on point. I could totally feel the connection with everyone in every direction.

The angst and wit in this book are my favorite. The laug
Turning Pages At ...: The Simple Life by Tara Sivec 32 15 Dec 23, 2018 05:54PM
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of
“Here’s to you. Here’s to me. Friends for life, we’ll always be. But if we find that we disagree, fuck you, here’s to me!” 1 likes