Start by marking “Bunt (Minnesota Moose #1)” as Want to Read:
Bunt (Minnesota Moose #1)

Bunt

(Minnesota Moose #1)

Zoe Parks learned the hard way that nothing sticks the first time. Everybody is always looking for the next best thing. That's how Zoe knew minutes before she was supposed to be married that the first engagement was all wrong. If the first engagement isn't right, how can the first marriage, especially if it happens when you're on what was supposed to be your honeymoon?

Ale
Kindle Edition
Published September 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunt

Sharon Jones
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really loved the start of this book. I fell right into the story from the very beginning. Alex and Zoe are just trying to help each other out, and it looks like they achieve that goal fairly easily. But months pass, and Alex needs Zoe to help him once again.
This part of the story was funny, sexy and beautiful.
Katie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Bunt (Minnesota Moose #1)
By J C Thompson
5 stars
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

I have read a few books by this author now and I absolutely love her! Her books have been some of my favourites to read so I was really looking forward to reading a new start to a new series and I loved every second of it! As always I was hooked into the story straight away and I loved Zoe and Alex. This author’s characters are always amazing and well thought out. I thought both Zoe and Alex were r
Kari Hansen
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Zoe is all set to get married, she has the groom and the ceremony ready to go when her fear that the marriage will fail have her escaping and going on the honeymoon alone.

Alex is a baseball player who finds himself without a fiancé and dreading going back and telling his teammates that his wedding was a bust.

A chance meeting has them married as he will have a temporary wife he needs and she can get her first marriage that she believes is destined to fail over with so that she can moved onto her
Dana
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ll start with saying this was my first book from Ms. Thompson and what a good first book!!

I’m not normally a sports romance girl, but I really enjoyed Zoe and Alex’s story and chemistry. Can I say, chapter 1 made me so angry!!!! I wanted to reach through the book and bitch slap a few people and fist pump Hayden!! The circumstances that lead Alex and Zoe to meet and were just kind of funny (I admit I did giggle during their first conversation).

I’m looking forward to reading more from the autho
Louise O'Reilly
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bunt is the first book in the Minnesota Moose series, focusing on the life of a Baseballer and a runaway bride.

Everyone should have a best friend that you can signal and they will get you out of your wedding so fast the groom doesn’t know what hit him. When Zoe gave the ear tug she didn’t even subconsciously know what she was doing. Zoe decided going on her honeymoon solo was a brilliant idea and that is how she came to the conclusion that marrying the hot guy in the bar who had been dumped too
Dani Winland
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dani by: Give Me Books Blog
Thank you Give Me Books Blog and author J.C. Thompson for giving me a copy of BUNT in exchange for my honest review.

~~~

The following review can be found on my website on Friday, September 21, 2018 at 9 am.

~~~

I don’t understand a lick about baseball, so when I received a copy of Bunt to review, I didn’t understand the title. Actually, I thought it was a typo. So for those of you out there who are like me and don’t know a thing about baseball, let me explain what a “bunt” is.

bunt - /bənt/ - verb

BA
Jennifer Aldrich
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Wow. Different than what I expected. Bunt was a great story. It was different than what I expected. I kinda, sorta, really liked this story. It had romance and humor, but it also has some spontaneity. I really kind of like that about this book. I also hope that this is just the first story in this series.
The plot of this book was interesting. Think fake husband, but you actually married them. Add in a runaway bride scenario and well you have Bunt. This book explores how insecurities can hinder y
Krista
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. This has all the elements you are looking for in a book, humor, sexiness, sadness, angst. The story flowed well with no hiccups.

Zoe is of the belief that nothing sticks the first time around. That the second time things are done is the correct ones. So when she is set to walk down the isle she has a moment of clarity and knows that it is all wrong. She becomes a run away bride and heads to her honeymoon alone.

Alex is supposed to be getting married but his fiancé left
Sassy Southern
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bunt was a such a fun read for me. I was hooked as soon as I read the synopsis and was not disappointed. This book had a fun story line, great characters and amazing chemistry. Zoe and Alex meet each other when they are both trying to get over marriages that didn't happen. After a few too many drinks they decide that they may be able to help each other out by getting married to each other.

I had a hard time putting this book down once I started reading. I made some guesses as to what I thought w
2OCC Reviews
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica
This was an overall easy read. There wasn’t a ton of drama or time where the characters weren’t together. I enjoyed that Zoe and Alex were pretty laid back. It made for a cute enjoyable read that I found I couldn’t stop once I started. The secondary characters were awesome and I really look forward to seeing what’s going to come next. The ending was kinda rushed but I really look forward to seeing Zoe and Alex in the next book.

The baseball aspect was fun. I liked seeing Alex bring Zoe into his
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
"This is my first book by this author, and I really enjoyed it. Sports romance novels are my favourite genre, so I knew I would love that part of the story. He romance side was great too.
This part of the story was funny, sexy and beautiful
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was my first book by this author and it was a home run. Zoe believes her first marriage will fail no matter what so she runs and goes on her honeymoon alone. Alex is all set to go back to his new team for the new season but the wife he was supposed to have isn't coming with him. Knowing the new guy is always the hunt of jokes he can't go back without a wife. When these two meet they are the answers to the others problems. He gets the wife he needs and she has the first marriage that is dest
Dana  Hoffman
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story was just way too cute for words. I loved Zoe and Alex, they were so adorable in their quest for love. They meet by chance when life throws each one of them a curve ball. They pick the ball up and run with it. And that leads them to their faithful encounter. The characters were well developed and the story flew easily. It is a pretty short story though, so don’t think you’re getting a ton of it. But it was very cute and worth my time. My one complaint would be the ending. It didn’t fee ...more
Maria Vickers
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Bunt by J.C. Thompson is cute, quirky, and emotional with some heat thrown it. Zoe and Alex met, and it was only supposed to be a quick deal, but it didn't go quite according to plan. They are attracted to each other, but will they admit it or will they separate and give up on something real? You have to read to find out.

I liked the story. It was a fun and easy read with great characters and a fun plot. If you like sports romances, you'll like this one. The book moved quickly and I kept smiling
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

I’m looking forward to reading more from the autho
Heather Swan
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Bunt by J.C. Thompson. Alex and Zoe didn't meet and come together in the conventional way, but that is what made their story interesting and fun. I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen from page to page. Alex and Zoe had awesome chemistry from the beginning. I don't want to say too much and ruin the story for others. So I will just say I loved it. It kept me wanting more!
Jamie  Zishka
Sep 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Bunt is a quick fun read that I would recommend to others. I would give it a 3.5 stars. It was a bit of an insta-love type romance but it had sports in it so that was a bonus.

Zoe and Alex met at a bar and both had a disaster of an ending to a previous relationship, so they make a decision to get married so they can get a failed marriage out of the way because the first doesn't last right?

What will happen when one decides they want to stay in the farce of a marriage can they convince the other t
Carrie
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun & unique read, with hottie baseball players & sassy women. Alex & Zoe have an immediate connection, but it takes them a while to figure out the span of that connection. I love their banter when they're together. They have a bit of steamy goodness, as well. And the ending is swoon worthy!! : )
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing romance story that had you rooting for the couple from the first few chapters.
Zoe and Alex had some steamy chemistry that kept you on the edge of the seat the whole way through the book.
This story had a twist that i didnt expect which was a refreshing change!
Hoping for another book for the side characters for their stories to be told!
Chasidy
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Bunt by J.C. Thompson. Both Zoe and Alex meet on a day when they both have bad news. The chemistry between the two is intense from the beginning. What can go wrong with getting your first marriage out of the way? What happens when they start to have deeper feelings for each other?

I enjoyed watching Alex and Zoe’s story unfold. This is a great read!
Danielle Wormald
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a sports romance so was immediately drawn to this one, Jessica Cline is a new to me author and I really enjoyed my first read of hers!
From the first meet Alex and Zoe have this instant chemistry and your hooked with their story- it’s a fun, easy sexy read with some@steamy scenes!
Some of the secondary characters really caught my attention and I’m praying Jake’s story is next !
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was a great read. I can’t wait for book two.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alex and zoe have my whole heart.
They are great main characters.
I devoured this book.
Kathy Wideman
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by J.C. Thompson. It is a baseball romance. Zoe is a runaway bride. She realized right before she was about to walk down the aisle that her fiancé wasn’t for her. Alex was dumped by his fiancé right before their wedding. At least he got more warning than Zoe’s ex. Zoe doesn’t believe that first times stick. She believes that had she married her ex it wouldn’t have stuck anyway but that still didn’t get her marry him. When she meets Alex and tells him her theory ...more
Nancy
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a BUNT to my heart!

Alex Pedroza... what a HOT name right?

Omg! Zoe and Alex just burned out my kindle. This is the type of book that I love to read, easy to fall in love with.

Everything about this story was perfect, from the failed wedding to the fake one.

One this that I’ll never forget about the story is how original were the characters. Easy to love, funny, kind and so romantic.

There’s no man like Alex, he was sooo romantic and I promise that if you read this book without the hot part
Books 2 Blog
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
After just getting off the back of a thriller/dark romance binge I needed a feel good light read. Bunt wasn’t without angst and you don’t know what obstacles the couple have to overcome, but it is exactly what I needed. The version I read was only slightly edited and had a few points that contradicted each other’s and I found myself struggling with confusion and not a little whiplash when it came to the couples dynamic. I almost put it down, a time or two, and didn’t plan on picking it back up.

T
Virna
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the second chance theme but I struggled with some of the plot. The characters were well written, I found the chemistry to be lacking. The relationship part moved too fast and slow at the same time, was not realistic enough for me. still I enjoyed it.
jacqueline beauchman
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing read

As always an amazing read! Love falling in love with the characters in all her books! Can't wait for the next one!
Kimberly
Sep 23, 2018
BibliophileAnnoymous
rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2018