Start by marking “Happy Girl Lucky (The Valentines, #1)” as Want to Read:
Happy Girl Lucky (The Valentines, #1)

Happy Girl Lucky

(The Valentines #1)

Introducing The Valentines. Fame – It Runs in the Family!

Sisters Hope, Faith and Mercy have everything: fame, success, money and beauty. But what Hope wants most of all is love, and it doesn’t matter how far she has to go to find it.

Except real-life isn't like the movies. Even if you're a Valentine . . .=
Published February 7th 2019 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Happy Girl Lucky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Girl Lucky

Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

#1 Happy Girl Lucky - ★★★★★

I am hosing a GIVEAWAY on my instagram page, ending on 22nd February 2019. Enter for a chance to win 5 signed copies with 5 pop sockets!

Happy Girl Lucky is the first book from The Valentines Series. This is a story about a famous family, The Valentines, who have been Hollywood stars for ages. Hope is one of the daughters of the famous couple, but she grows up without all that paparazzi attention and hype. It is a fami
Judit
Sep 06, 2018 marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2018: So I might have *accidentally* pre-ordered this book.

***

Sep 06, 2018: NEW BOOK BY HOLLY SMALE AND WE HAVE A COVER!!! I'M SO EXCITED!
Rachel Gilbey
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author of the wonderful Geek Girl series is back with a new series about The Valentines Family.

After I got used to Hope Valentines way of thinking that everything is a Hollywood movie and that she daydreams a lot, plus often uses words incorrectly, I whizzed through this book.

All she wants is to be 16 to be allowed to start being an actress like everyone else in her family. She has three older siblings who barely notice her, and parents who aren't really about.

You can't help but feel sorr
Kirsty Stanley
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I’m a huge fan of Holly’s writing and have been a champion of her Geek Girl series, whose protagonist Harriet was the geekiest of adorable geeks and you couldn’t help but love her.

The Valentines Sisters therefore had big boots to fill and it’s a good thing they can afford the best boots out there.

We start with the story of the youngest sister, Hope.

Fifteen year old Hope has grown up in a famous family - her parents met on the set of a film - but out of the limelight. The Valentines
Kirsty
Jan 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: uk-author, ukya
Well that was awful. Main character was incredibly annoying. More like an attention seeking 7 year old than a 15 year old. She was incredibly stupid and self involved to the point where she didn't notice the blindingly obvious stuff happening around her. All the other characters around her (apart from Roz) where all vapid awful people.

I finished it because I constantly hoped it would get better. It didn't.
Molly
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Natasha
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Life isn't like a Hollywood movie just because you're a movie star...

I read the Geek Girl series and really really liked them, so it was inevitable that I'd read Happy Girl Lucky, particularly as Holly Smale visited my school today and we were able to get copies of it three days before the publication date. (Me being the bookworm I am, I read it in a day.)
Happy Girl Lucky is very different in style and feeling to Geek Girl. Harriet and Hope are very different, but Hope's, well, hopeful outlook o
Xonokuuu_xo
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMGGGGGGG! I loved this book.... i absolutely fell in love with Hope and her silly, romantic dream and famous lifestyle....i knew jamie was bad news when i first met him...he was just to good to be true! like it cant just be love at first sight...lmao on a TRAIN.. i really didnt like her big sister thought she was a stuck up b*** she was just so rude and ughhhh! Effie was my faveroute i just found her really cute, she loved Hope for who was was and was always sweet towards her. Rated 5/5 bECAUSE ...more
Laura Jayne
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I kinda knew what I was getting with this book; having read the first Geek Girl book a few years back but there were still a few surprises in store. Happy Girl Lucky is the first in a new series and focuses on a Kardashian like family always in the limelight.

When I started this book Hope, the main character and youngest Valentine, annoyed the heck out of me yet as the story progresses Hope becomes a much more layered and enjoyable character. There are a few cliches thrown in but there is also a
Trish Hills
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had been looking forward to reading this book for ages as I absolutely adored Holly's Geek Girl series and I was certainly not disappointed.

Hope Valentine is a fantastic character! She's so sweet, naive, fun-loving and kind. She is a hopeless romantic and obsessed with love and finding The One. She's also very ditzy, which is hilarious!

This book made me laugh, cry and grin from ear to ear. I really, really loved it.
Chantelle Hazelden
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley for an ARC of this story.

This book is light-hearted and highly entertaining.

Definitely aimed more at tweens but from an adult point of view I still found it engaging enough.

It's an easy read so a good one for anyone getting into longer chapter books.

Looking forward to more in the series.
Aoife
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a2, a5, feb, harpercollins, nyp, 2018
A sweet, funny read and a great introduction to a new series. Hope is a fantastic protagonist, slightly naive but well meaning, funny and much smarter than she realizes. Her siblings were all interesting in their own ways. I'm looking forward to seeing what they get up to in future books. Roz was my favourite of the supporting cast. And I was fist pumping at a certain scene near the Hollywood sign!

(view spoiler)
Daniella
Despite my advanced years *cough*, I am a big fan of Holly Smale’s award-winning, best-selling Geek Girl series. You might have heard of it. When it was announced that Holly was back, with a brand new series, I knew I had to read it, whatever it took. Fortunately for me, I didn’t have to beg, steal or borrow to get my hands on an early copy, all I needed to do was visit Netgalley.

In Happy Girl Lucky, we meet Hope, the youngest of the three Valentine sisters. The Valentine family is one of the mo
Fabulous Book Fiend
Samiha Azim
Feb 01, 2019
Jessica Gilham
Feb 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Went into Big W today and had a LITERAL MELTDOWN when I saw this on the shelf.
People stared. It was a thing.
Natasha Clyde
Jess Miller
Feb 06, 2019
Paris Wynn
Feb 10, 2019
Holly is the Number One bestselling, multi-award winning author of the GEEK GIRL series.

She fell in love with writing at five years old, when she realised that books didn't grow on trees like apples. A passion for travel, adventure and wearing no shoes has since led her all over the world: she has visited 27 countries, spent two years working as an English teacher in Japan, volunteered in Nepal,