Start by marking “The Price of Happiness: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #5)” as Want to Read:
The Price of Happiness: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #5)

The Price of Happiness: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages

(Средневековая история #5)

Enjoy the complete series now
The royal court has always been a realm of intrigue, conspiracy, death and sorrow. You didn’t expect to be spared, did you Lilian?

A sinister conspiracy against the King is gaining momentum, with Lilian and her family in the epicenter of this deadly game. Meanwhile Count Jess Earton himself, vigilant and dissatisfied, has arrived at the royal
Published November 6th 2018 by LitHuntets Ltd. (first published May 1st 2015)

Carmina Valdizán
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great ending for the series, there are no loose ends. Be prepared because a lot happens in this book, but it moves fast.

“Even the strongest man needed a place where he could rest. Even the strongest woman needed the knowledge that she was not alone, that she had a strong shoulder to lean on. It was too early to speak about the union of the two hearts. That would only become possible after a lot of hardship, difficult decisions, blood, and death.”

Gina Lyons
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary

Never have I ever encountered a story line as intriguing as this one. I am a fan of medieval mysteries and strong women. This series of books are more like a cross between Brother Cadfael and a Connecticut Yankee in King Author's Court. A fantastic read and one that will keep your interests till the very end. High Five ✋
Sharon Crone
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Series

Depth, honesty with strength and frailty of emotions. I couldn't put the book down. You never knew what would happen next. I hated seeing the series end and saying goodbye to the characters.
Mark
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Strong ending to an excellent series

This was great! Very strong conclusion to an awesome, clever story. This book was my favorite after the first. I especially enjoyed the multiple prologues with time jumps so we have some idea of the impact Lily made.
Melissa
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I really enjoyed this series. Fantasy but it works. Strong women raising strong women and changing their world. Well thought out and very entertaining. Thank you, Lina.
Ladyhawke
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
.... For all 5 books

The series easily could’ve been 12 books. I almost wish it had. The author has good ideas and I like the characters. But she needs to work on her writing. it may be the translator I don’t know. But I felt I was being told the readers digest version of the story. I got lost a few times especially with the different jesses... so maybe not the translator. The story is about a genus who is reincarnated as a countess in a strange land... and takes what she knows from our world wit
Erica Goetz
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: portal-fiction
I really enjoyed the Medieval Tale series. I liked the characters and the story progression. Although, I thought the ending was came up sooner than I expected!
Lela Woodard
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

This was such a fabulous series. Gripping, timeless so full of history, intrigue. Several times, the twist and turns felt like a roller coaster ride. Loved it, thank you.
Mickie Danner
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!! What an interesting take on time travel! Featuring a lady who is wise & entertaining.
Piper
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fit conclusion.

At last we see some real romance for Lily. Her husband returns and has some work to do. Still a lot of mystery and intrigue. Greatt conclusion to a fun and intriguing take on an alternate universe.
Ouida Kinney
May 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
Extremely poor translation, huge chunks impossible to get through, many times only would be understood by someone familiar with Russian culture. Because this is the last of the series, I was disappointed that some major factors were not resolved. This book as it is and standing alone would never have been published by any company wanting profit.

You may wonder why I've taken the time to write this. I never give less than four stars, just leave alone, but this one I hope gets attention and is giv
Nick Roberts
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a hard book! Although it was awesome

I loved this book and enjoyed it to the end. But was sadden by now completely it wraps itself up. For i would explore you to maybe revise and detail out the broader plots laid out in the museme history reviled. I love this series with my now broken heart because it ends. Thank you my kind author for your hard work.I know I will reed these stories many times to come.
Erika
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series with intrigue

I really enjoyed the character interaction and plot development in this book. No element was predictable and the string female protagonist was very relatable.
Sandra Graves
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable. Couldn't put it down. Although it begs credulitY at times it also informative about the reality of how peoples.

lived in filth and thought nothing of it. Certainly the plight of women was almost impossible to overcome, it really did need a 21st century mind and soul to overcome.
Brandie Lea Slicer
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite by far! I hated to see the story end. You know you have finished a great series when you close the book and feel like you have left friends and family. But what an ending! Bravo! For fans of Middle Earth, Game of Thrones, and other similar series. Look no further! I have a new favorite Author and I cannot wait for more books!
Lyndal
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A weeks read

This series was excellent. Possibly book 3 was a bit slow but the others more than made up for it. I could not close my e-reader till I had purchased the next one. It was enjoyable to have the prologue as so many book make u wonder happened then. I think the 5 book was just the right amount to tell the story. A great and enjoyable series.
Elizabeth
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
All is revealed. A husband returns. A wife is pacified. Excellent ending but wished for more details. Loved the series; wish there were more like this. I really like this author. I don't care for demons so didn't like the looks of her next series.
Katy
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Series

Delightful story of Lilian as she time travels to the middle ages. The royal intrigue is done well. Lilian struggles with survival in her new world and works to bring ideas from 21st century to 17th century.
cathy mitchem
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well, the finish was not what I expected

Lol, but was such a great happy ending. Even though I might have wanted something different for her, you were able to capture us again. Great read
Teri
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bit rushed but still good

The final book of the series, it tried to wrap up each story as much as possible, but parts seemed rushed and other scenes seemed too drawn out. But the character development went pretty well over the course of the five novels.
Demeiko
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable series. Wonderful nostalgic ending.
Keri

Book 2 - 4 Stars
Book 3 - 3 Stars
Book 4 - 2.5 Stars
Book 5 - 3 Stars

This is the premise of the series in a nutshell:

Aliya is a medical school graduate gifted with both smarts and an athletic body. Her life seems perfect...until she finds herself in a fatal car accident. Instead of dying, however, she wakes up in a completely different body, in the middle of a half-ruined castle during alternate medieval times. Confused and disma
Solaris
Aug 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE a story about a heroine stumbling onto a mess, and fixing everything and making it clean and beautiful and beloved. That's how this series gets started, and it is the bomb dot com.

But.

HORRIBLE translating and lack of editing!

So saddened. This series's first few books are so awesome, and now it's just so different. For the worse.

Content and personal reception:

I found it so enjoyable to read a book from the values, perceptions and creative direction of o
Min
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
A
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
A very fast-paced conclusion to the series. The discussions about manufacturing and trade are really interesting to me!

(view spoiler)
Mina Purser
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am glad I stumbled on to this series. I have read all the books, and found them to be both a challenge and a joy. I didn't realize until the second book that these have been translated from Russian, that explained a lot! The story, and the phrasing, doesn't make sense at times. Clearly some details were lost or changed during translation, but if you continue reading, the main point of the story is clear. There are many characters with similar names and titles. Over the course of the series, th ...more
Darlene Schnatz
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
A disappointing finale to the series

I was very disappointed in this book . It was a great story but the writing (or the translation from Russian to English ) was awkward and poorly done. The writing included phrases like "WEREN'T NEVER" .
There were frequent inconsistencies like in one paragraph saying that there was no meeting of the hearts between a husband and wife , and the next paragraph stating that their hearts had come together . I believe that Ms. Potter is a great storyteller and has a
Frank Bertino
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book And Series

The Saga goes from reincarnation through legacy. This is one of the best, most entertaining series that I have read. Lily finds herself at the center of plots to overthrow the King, International diplomacy, and establishing schools and hospitals. We find out how she lived her life and survived and how she was viewed from the future. I like the action, romance, and intrigue. The story is about a strong extraordinary woman who survived in a male dominated culture, protecte
Hana
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Rachel
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It feels like the author cut out like 1/3 or more of the plot to fit it all into one book here. The very end redeemed it a bit, but the way so much of the plot I waited 4 books to see come to a head get brushed over with a few paragraphs is disappointing. The translations also seemed to get worse the further into the series you go (seriously, the word "dude" in an alternate history book like this?).

In all, a fun time, but don't go into this series hoping for any kind of high art or deeply effect
« previous 1 3 next »
Translator 2 8 Nov 02, 2018 08:52AM

• Liberator (The Saga of Java Mountainstand, #2)
  • Misfit Magic (Misfits, #1)
  • Love and Sacrifice (Prophecy, #2)
  • Kiran: The Warrior's Daughter: A Brave Woman's Struggle for Freedom (Rights of the Strong #1)
  • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Protected By The Damned, #7)
  • Ghost Ships of Terra (The Athena Lee Chronicles #3)
  • The Warrior Race (The Warrior Race #1)
  • The Eons-Lost Orphan (The Space Orphan Book 1)
  • Allure of the Wolf (Seraphine Thomas, #2)
  • The Zero Blessing (The Zero Enigma, #1)
  • Unwritten Rules (Genesis Online #1)
  • The Third Realm (Ten Realms Book 3)
  • Change (The Stork Tower, #3)
  • Siphon (A Touch of Power, #1)
  • Eirik (Mists of Albion #1)
  • Pepped Up Forever (Pepper Jones, #5)
  • The Common Girl: An epic love story
  • Gifted Connections 1 (Gifted Connections, #1)
Call it inspiration, the voice of a Muse, or plain obsession… Lina J. Potter has been dreaming up stories for as long as she can remember. She has a light-hearted approach to writing. Whenever she is not writing, you can find her practicing karate and lace-making. Nowadays, she lives in the quite town of Tambov with her husband, daughter and two cats.

Lina is looking forward to hearing from you! C

Средневековая история (5 books)
  • First Lessons: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #1)
  • The Clearing: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #2)
  • Palace Intrigue: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #3)
  • The Royal Court: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #4)
“She could construct a compass in no time. She needed a needle, a cup of water, and a cork that floated on the surface. She would heat a needle from one end in order to demagnetize it, put it on the cork and place them inside the cup filled with water. The heated end of the needle would point south.” 1 likes
“When one has a sick child, one believes in any god, be it the Heavenly Mare or the Moon Hare.” 0 likes