Start by marking “Titus Fogg (The Wyrd Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Titus Fogg (The Wyrd Book 1)

Titus Fogg (The Wyrd Book 1)

Titus Fogg hates magic, and with good reason. Born into a murderous family of cruel and powerful casters in modern Massachusetts, magic has contributed to every bad thing that has happened to him since birth. After finally managing to banish the most likely evil (but definitely dirty-minded) entity called Shade from his body to the sidelines as his shadow, Titus has the ch ...more
Published October 23rd 2018 by Independent

To ask other readers questions about Titus Fogg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titus Fogg

Dana-Adriana B.
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I love the magic journey I took with Titus in this story and the creatures are great. Cannot wait for the next book.
Thank you Netgalley for this magical experience.
Koeur
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Publishing Date: October 2018

Publisher: BooksGoSocial

ISBN:9781717911223

Genre: Fantasy

Rating: 3.5/5

Publisher’s Description: Titus Fogg hates magic, and with good reason. Born into a murderous family of cruel and powerful casters in modern Massachusetts, magic has contributed to every bad thing that has happened to him since birth. After finally managing to banish the most likely evil (but definitely dirty-minded) entity called Shade from his body to the sidelines as his shadow, Titus has the chan
Lola Snyder
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-dark-side
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is Mr. Piper's debut novel but I think we shall be seeing more from him and not just because this is a planned trilogy. Titus Fogg is simply delicious. Well thought out characters, a world of magic governed by logic, alternative realities bleeding into each other, hidden motivations, and a few gruesome deaths - what's not to like? I wanted to read this in one or two sittings but...life. You, however, won't want to put it down.
Patrick Johns
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to get to read Aaron Piper’s debut novel, Titus Fogg, before the official release date on October 23rd. Aaron Piper is a fantastic writer, creating a beautiful world surrounding the protagonist, Titus Fogg, in a modern day Massachusetts where things get a bit Wyrd. The first book in The Wyrd series, this story is filled with magic, strange creatures, a love interest, and a journey that will keep you flipping the pages. I highly recommend every fantasy reader to check out Aaron Pi ...more
Brandon
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I had a favorite genre it would be promising emerging authors. Mr. Piper's book can sit on a shelf with some of my other favorite and be at home. One of my favorite things about books is seeing a world that someone else created in their head, whether it be a fantasy world, or a mundane one. I found this book to be a page turner as I wanted to explore more of this world. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I look forward to seeing how both the world he created and his writing grow.

I enjoyed that Mr
Dawn
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the ideas in this book, and thought the relationship between Titus and Tess was well developed and had some real depth and meaning. They were interesting characters, and it's not that what they were going through wasn't also interesting (and some fresh, fascinating weird stuff is going on consistently), but I am a somewhat whiny, impatient reader and I had so many questions about Titus's background and past (and about Shade!) and they just didn't get answered quickly enough for me and I ...more
Matthew Nicholson
I haven't been pulled into a book in well over a decade and this one grabbed me in the first chapter. When you start reading it plan on setting aside the time to finish it. Titus, Shade, and Tess will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next misadventure to happen. It is a world of good and evil that allows many directions to move forward and I can't wait for book two and if any reader sees this world as vividly as I did I would expect a movie down the road also.

Grab one for yourse
Paul
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a fifty-something, I may be a bit old for this one, but I still enjoyed it. Good characters and plot, and good writing. I also liked the dialog and the unpredictability of the plot. Keep up the good work.
Sally Maxwell
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Booksgosocial for the arc of this book, what a wonderful magical journey, I look forward to the next in the series.
Sally Maxwell
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Robert
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Wow I enjoyed this book! It took me forever to read this book though and that is a shame, life got in the way, otherwise I would have soared through this thing. The two main characters are great, and the supporting cast all have unique voices. The story bops along at a good pace, but the book really gets its footing and takes off in the second half. I liked the setting and how the magic system works.

Overall it is a nice debut from this author. I will read the rest in this series for sure.

Annette Jordan
A complicated tale of magic and mystery, this enjoyable debut from Aaron Piper takes magic into the modern age with a protagonist who regards it as more like science than art, The titular Titus Fogg is the last descendant of an ancient magical family, in fact many in the magical community are convinced he killed his own parents in an attempted rite. Haunted by a Shade who never leaves his side and makes his life miserable at every opportunity, all Titus wants is to be a normal teen. Unfortunatel ...more
Chrys
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!
I absolutely loved this - it was a great blend of magical storytelling, humour and teenage snark. The mixture of magic and adolescent hormones was highly entertaining, and I loved the bad influence of Shade.
The characters were flawed yet likeable, and they were fun to follow. I'm really looking forward to the next installment and hoping for a UK paperback release.
Kim
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-freebies
This is set in modern day Massachusetts but is filled with magic and adventure. The first half of the book is much slower than the second half, but it was still a very enjoyable read. This book is reminiscent of Harry Potter, but it’s not too much alike, just enough that those who like HP would like this series.
January Wetzel
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great characters, really enjoyed the dialogue and the description used in some of the monster scenes. Like Harry Potter meets Dr. Strange.
Alexander J.