Start by marking “Titus Fogg (The Wyrd Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Titus Fogg (The Wyrd Book 1)

Titus Fogg (The Wyrd Book 1)

Titus Fogg hates magic, and with good reason. Born into a murderous family of cruel and powerful casters in modern Massachusetts, magic has contributed to every bad thing that has happened to him since birth. After finally managing to banish the most likely evil (but definitely dirty-minded) entity called Shade from his body to the sidelines as his shadow, Titus has the ch ...more
Published October 23rd 2018 by Independent

To ask other readers questions about Titus Fogg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Titus Fogg

Start your review of Titus Fogg (The Wyrd Book 1)
Swaroop Kanti
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The world is what it is, beautiful, horrible, scary, and magnificent, exactly as it had been before, but now you see it differently."

Engrossing & engaging!

Aaron Piper`s Titus Fogg is an interesting and well written story about Titus Fogg and his friend Tess Roe. Set in MA, USA, Titus is a high school student born into a family of magic. He hates magic and spells, and keeps himself away from all of that. Titus strongly believes that death, destruction and loss were the only outcomes of magic. Bu
Dana-Adriana B.
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I love the magic journey I took with Titus in this story and the creatures are great. Cannot wait for the next book.
Thank you Netgalley for this magical experience.
Koeur
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Publishing Date: October 2018

Publisher: BooksGoSocial

ISBN:9781717911223

Genre: Fantasy

Rating: 3.5/5

Publisher’s Description: Titus Fogg hates magic, and with good reason. Born into a murderous family of cruel and powerful casters in modern Massachusetts, magic has contributed to every bad thing that has happened to him since birth. After finally managing to banish the most likely evil (but definitely dirty-minded) entity called Shade from his body to the sidelines as his shadow, Titus has the chan
Lola Snyder
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-dark-side
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
This is Mr. Piper's debut novel but I think we shall be seeing more from him and not just because this is a planned trilogy. Titus Fogg is simply delicious. Well thought out characters, a world of magic governed by logic, alternative realities bleeding into each other, hidden motivations, and a few gruesome deaths - what's not to like? I wanted to read this in one or two sittings but...life. You, however, won't want to put it down.
KarenJo Custodio
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a marvelous debut novel! Titus Fogg was spellbindingly entertaining, wickedly fun, and a bone-chilling adventure that had me on the edge of my seat.

I love stories that can keep me on my toes and make me laugh. Titus Fogg by Aaron Piper definitely did that and caught me off guard with quite a few surprises. With plenty of action, humor, unexpected twists and turns, and spine-tingling suspense, the first book in the Wyrd series was a thoroughly enjoyable read that had me holding my breath a
Brandon
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I had a favorite genre it would be promising emerging authors. Mr. Piper's book can sit on a shelf with some of my other favorite and be at home. One of my favorite things about books is seeing a world that someone else created in their head, whether it be a fantasy world, or a mundane one. I found this book to be a page turner as I wanted to explore more of this world. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I look forward to seeing how both the world he created and his writing grow.

I enjoyed that Mr
Jypsy
Titus Fogg is young adult fantasy fiction. It's a fun story to read. Classic teen angst plus magic makes it more complex. The characters were likeable and entertaining. The plot was interesting enough to keep you reading. Overall a good read. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
Patrick Johns
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to get to read Aaron Piper’s debut novel, Titus Fogg, before the official release date on October 23rd. Aaron Piper is a fantastic writer, creating a beautiful world surrounding the protagonist, Titus Fogg, in a modern day Massachusetts where things get a bit Wyrd. The first book in The Wyrd series, this story is filled with magic, strange creatures, a love interest, and a journey that will keep you flipping the pages. I highly recommend every fantasy reader to check out Aaron Pi ...more
Sylvie Helen
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
3.5 Stars

This was a solid YA Urban Fantasy and a good series opener. We follow highschoolers Tess and Titus (and his demonic shadow, Shade) while they navigate some very Wyrd events around Arkham.

I found the teenage angst and narcissim a little wearing, but considering I'm not the target audience I can overlook that. There were enough fantasy elements and eldritch magic to feel like an urban fantasy, but not so many it was hard to follow or that it slowed the book down. The plot was simple enou
Dawn
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the ideas in this book, and thought the relationship between Titus and Tess was well developed and had some real depth and meaning. They were interesting characters, and it's not that what they were going through wasn't also interesting (and some fresh, fascinating weird stuff is going on consistently), but I am a somewhat whiny, impatient reader and I had so many questions about Titus's background and past (and about Shade!) and they just didn't get answered quickly enough for me and I ...more
Matthew Nicholson
I haven't been pulled into a book in well over a decade and this one grabbed me in the first chapter. When you start reading it plan on setting aside the time to finish it. Titus, Shade, and Tess will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting for the next misadventure to happen. It is a world of good and evil that allows many directions to move forward and I can't wait for book two and if any reader sees this world as vividly as I did I would expect a movie down the road also.

Grab one for yourse
Paul
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a fifty-something, I may be a bit old for this one, but I still enjoyed it. Good characters and plot, and good writing. I also liked the dialog and the unpredictability of the plot. Keep up the good work.
Sally Maxwell
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Booksgosocial for the arc of this book, what a wonderful magical journey, I look forward to the next in the series.
Rayleigh
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review is on another version of this book :)
Robert
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Wow I enjoyed this book! It took me forever to read this book though and that is a shame, life got in the way, otherwise I would have soared through this thing. The two main characters are great, and the supporting cast all have unique voices. The story bops along at a good pace, but the book really gets its footing and takes off in the second half. I liked the setting and how the magic system works.

Overall it is a nice debut from this author. I will read the rest in this series for sure.

Annette Jordan
A complicated tale of magic and mystery, this enjoyable debut from Aaron Piper takes magic into the modern age with a protagonist who regards it as more like science than art, The titular Titus Fogg is the last descendant of an ancient magical family, in fact many in the magical community are convinced he killed his own parents in an attempted rite. Haunted by a Shade who never leaves his side and makes his life miserable at every opportunity, all Titus wants is to be a normal teen. Unfortunatel ...more
Chrys
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!
I absolutely loved this - it was a great blend of magical storytelling, humour and teenage snark. The mixture of magic and adolescent hormones was highly entertaining, and I loved the bad influence of Shade.
The characters were flawed yet likeable, and they were fun to follow. I'm really looking forward to the next installment and hoping for a UK paperback release.
Kathryn West
Feb 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I'm not sure if it was a deliberate writing style or now but something about this book didnt completely flow at the start. It felt choppy, like I had missed something or should know more than I did but the book gathered pace and the plot was interesting enough for me to stick with it.
January Rutherford
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great characters, really enjoyed the dialogue and the description used in some of the monster scenes. Like Harry Potter meets Dr. Strange.
Anie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received from NetGalley

This one is a special one. I was in love after the first few pages. Titus Fogg is equally part magical and creepy. :)

After being trapped in dreamland for ten years, while demon used his body. Finally, he escaped and banished demon into his shadow. He is desperate to appear normal when starting high school, but common from an old magical family, living in a creepy house, full of magical items and hilarious shadow, it's kind of impossible. Tess is in the few classes with Tit
Jen Lowry
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really REALLY enjoyed this story. I was immediately sucked in by the quirky creatures and the dynamics between magic and non-magic. The "magic" rules were familiar, but different enough to really make me feel like I was reading something new and unique. Tess was a very likable, strong, female character, and I loved that about her.
Lynne Hirzel
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great first novel

What an entertaining book! A quick read but very exciting. If you are a hairy Potter fan, you will very much enjoy this book
Gary
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Great read! Looking forward to what comes next.
DarkRaven Reviews
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was something a little bit different and quite fun to read. Especially the creatures tricks that they would play on the main character. Would read more from this author.
Salla (Books Told Me So)
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review:

Get ready, Titus Fogg is here to lead you on an adventure so addicting you will be sitting on the edge of your seat long after the last page is turned. The entire book is a promise for an epic sequel(s).
Aug 27, 2020
Nov 20, 2018
Emily Cordova
Dec 07, 2018

• Titus Fogg
  • Hook's Daughter: The Untold Tale of a Pirate Princess (The Pirate Princess Chronicles Book 1)
  • Pan's Secret: A Pirate Princess's Quest for Answers (The Pirate Princess Chronicles Book 2)
  • The Ruin of Kings (A Chorus of Dragons #1)
  • All That Remains: A Life in Death
  • Write to Market: Deliver a Book that Sells (Write Faster, Write Smart, #3)
  • The Borrower
  • Wolverine: Old Man Logan
  • Mary Shelley (Percy Shelley, #2)
  • Daisy's Run (The Clockwork Chimera #1)
  • The Twisted Tree
  • L'obsolescence programmée de nos sentiments
  • New Life