Start by marking “How She Likes It” as Want to Read:
How She Likes It

How She Likes It

CEO-in-training, heiress and cosmetics company marvel Isabel Alfonso needs to hire an assistant. She needs to hire someone who is smart and competent to arrange a trip to Shanghai for her to meet with potential business partners. She needs to learn how to let go of her cosmetics company, her baby, in order to take on the CEO role which she’s been groomed for her entire lif ...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2018 by Carla de Guzman

To ask other readers questions about How She Likes It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How She Likes It

K.J. Charles
This book had a ton of stuff I loved. Isabel is an unapologetic career woman who genuinely doesn't want to give it all up for love. She needs to find her own balance but that's quite a different thing. And she's plump (got a belly, gone up a size) and loves food and that's also fine, and where she dislikes her massive boobs it's a wound of other people's cruelty that can be partially salved by kindness. And her supposed (female) rival is her best friend, a proper complicated female friendship, a ...more
Geri Reads
4.5 stars!

How She Likes It by Carla de Guzman was witty, fun, and a delightful read from beginning to end. There are plenty of reasons why you should read this book. But for the sake of brevity, I will give three reasons why you should drop everything you’re doing and go get this book right now.

The subversion of the classic boss-assistant office romance trope was so well done. I’ve read a lot of books with a male boss and his female secretary. Isabel Alfonso is a career driven woman. She’s a bus
JM Cabral
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been an avid fan of Carla De Guzman ever since I read If The Dress Fits last year. I have all of her books, and I've read all of them except We Go Together and Cities. I love the way she writes her stories, and I certainly adore the voices that she gives all her characters, whether they be the main characters or the love interests, even the minor ones. She sure has a talent for writing, and I was elated to be given the chance to read her upcoming novella early and it happens to be my most f ...more
Kristy Mauna
How She Likes It was an enjoyable and surprisingly steamy read! I'm definitely a fan of Carla de Guzman's writing and this might by my favorite book from her yet.

"They were both standing in the same room, at completely different points of their lives, different ages, and social strata. If not for a random walk-in, they never would have known each other intimately, much less talked like this."

Carla de Guzman knows how to write fleshed out characters that feel incredibly human. And I really love
Ellie
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved everything about this romance!
Highly recommended read!

This a romanceclass title (a community of Filipino authors who write romance in English, and also the readers of these books) and my first by this author. It was absolutely lovely. I enjoyed everything about it - older successful CEO heroine, younger single dad hero, one night stand and then he ends up working as her assistant. Great fat rep in the heroine, awkward, a bit clumsy giant of a hero. It's practically my catnip and I l
Natalie
Oh I adored this new book from Carla! Such a fun cute romance! We got a single dad who basically wears his heart on his sleeve and falls easily and an older business woman who is so the opposite of him.

I really liked Adam and Isabel together. I loved that we got a heroine who is the boss and oops accidentally had a one night stand with the guy who turns out to be the one who gets hired as her PA.

From the start there was so much good banter between our two MCs and Adam is a tol soft. Truly. And
Lisa
I finished this ages ago but forgot to mark it as Read rip--

The only reason why I didn't rate this a 4 is because I wasn't that invested in the romance (which was also something I encountered in Carla's If The Dress Fits). I love Isabel and Adam as individual characters, and objectively they worked as a couple but I wish I was more into it???? I don't understand @ self???

Other than that, I enjoyed this book a lot. Isabel is a HBIC and I worship her. Also, we met Regina again! I like her better
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

- Review to come

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words
Kate Heceta
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GAGO YUNG PUSO KO.

Full review to follow.
Lena
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars!
I thoroughly enjoyed this new-to-me author. There are so many good elements in here: a slighter older heroine with the successful career and a younger single dad trying to find his way in life.
The "role reversal" in this book works perfectly, as the author finds a way to show this in an organic way, with an unapologetic heroine that loves her career and an unapologetic dad that loves being a dad and taking care of his daughter.
Things I thoroughly enjoyed in this book:
- both the heroine
zaheerah
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, review-copy
RTC BUT THIS WAS CUTE AS SHIT
Kristin
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing read! Loved the dynamic between the characters and the fact that the main character Isabel was so amazing at her job that I was lightheaded at her strategy sessions & imagining montages of her working. I had visceral & vocal reactions at the assistant-boss dynamic. Absolutely loved it!

P.S. Now I want to know more about her best friend and her marriage.
kb
A headstrong powerhouse of an older woman and an adorable single dad amidst family drama and corporate affairs... whew, where do I start?! Loved the details about running a makeup company and the pains of having a child a little earlier in life. Adam and Isabel are lovable characters, on their own and together as a pair—they're patient, giving and understanding of each other. (AND THE STEAM TOO. WOW. The author took us there~) A lot of introspection and life reflections AND pop culture reference ...more
Amanda
Let’s start off by saying Isabel is a fantastic character. She’s unapologetically career-driven. She owns a cosmetics company and is in line to possibly become the new CEO of her family’s company as well. Isabel may want marriage and kids in the future but it’s not a priority for her. She’s fine with casual sex, which his how she first meets Adam. They have a one-night stand and she does her best to learn as little as possible about him.

Adam is sexy (and tall) and kind. He’s a hopeless romantic
Kathy
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelig!

At first I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but this is a terrific book. A great role-reversal story--there are several scenes that were such takeoffs of old boss/secretary scenes from Harlequin that I almost laughed out loud. But what it really ends up being is a story about compromise, and how easy and how hard a relationship can be--often at the same time. And, mostly, about how HEA is just a bunch of Happy for Nows strung together. If this sounds preachy, I'm telling it wrong. It wa
Ronald Lim
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted on my blog!

What I love the most about "How She Likes It" is how it proves that a simple change can immediately revitalize what some may consider a tired trope. How many books have you seen that feature a CEO with an edge and a softer assistant? There's a lot of them, but Carla simply changing the genders gives the book an energy that compels you to turn the pages.

And the gender choice isn't just cosmetic. Isabel isn't a woman who acts like a man. She's simply a woman who
Agay Llanera
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading this! I feel like the author enjoyed writing this, too. Banter felt natural and I LOLed at a lot of witty lines. My favorite, of course, is the MC. I feel like she can take over the whole world.
Lynne
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clarisse David
Oct 18, 2018
Mel González
Sep 14, 2018
Zeee  (I Heart Romance & YA)

How She Likes by Carla de Guzman was a fun and refreshing read! In fact, it’s my first Romance Class book ever! Obviously, it will not be the last!

First, I just want to say that I have been wanting to read a Romance Class book for a few years now, but there have been multiple things preventing me from reading them. One of it is the fact that I didn’t really read a lot of contemporary romances until this year when I finally dived in and fell in love with the genre!

Now, let’s talk about How She Li