Start by marking “Merciless (Merciless, #1)” as Want to Read:
Merciless (Merciless, #1)

Merciless

(Merciless #1)

I should’ve known she would ruin me the moment I saw her.
Women like her are made to destroy men like me.
I couldn’t resist her though.
Given to me to start a war; I was too eager to accept.

But I didn’t know what she’d do to me. That she would change everything.
She sees through me in a way no one else ever has.
Her innocence and vulnerability make me weak for her and I
Paperback, 3rd Edition, 338 pages
Published September 5th 2018 by Independently published (first published May 15th 2018)

Start your review of Merciless (Merciless, #1)
Katie Silvi of BBKA
Carter Cross is one sinfully addicted alpha!

Merciless is exceptional. Carter is sexy, powerful and dangerous. I love it. It is a book that captures your attention and doesn't let you go. I couldn't help but to fall in love with both Carter and Aria. Page after page, word after word of complete brilliance.
I didn't know what to expect with Merciless, but what I got was so much more and everything in between.

I can already see that the Cross men are going to be an addiction to readers. I for one
Sue's Romance Reviews
“The enemy of my enemy is my friend…”

Aria Talvery is the daughter of the most violent crime family around. She becomes a casualty when she is abducted and then given to Carter Cross to start a war.

Carter sees an opportunity to get everything he’s ever wanted when an enemy of the Talvery family approaches him. He agrees to help the faction but only IF they meet his demand.

“The best laid plans…”

Carter does not do anything without a reason. He is cold calculating and merciless. But, he starts to
Gem
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Where to start? Carter captivated me from the very start. Merciless is without a doubt one of my favourites books of 2018.

Carter is the head of his family business. He's cold-hearted, ruthless and always gets what he wants. And he wants Aria.

Carter and Aria's story isn't a straight forward one. There is sadness, fear, attraction and plenty of fireworks. I read this book from start to finish. I had to know what was going to happen between the
Cat
Shelves: faves-2018
Willow Winters has done it again and this book is going down as my early favourite of 2018. This book is gripping; an astounding mix of cruelty, brutality, beauty and frailty combining to produce a story that will leave you shellshocked and wanting more.

Carter Cross is the dark knight who works to ensure that his world does not slip from his tight control. Aria Talvery is his songbird, beautifully broken by a world in which women are only pawns. Both are connected, haunted by a past that they
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
Title: - Merciless

Author: Willow Winters

ღ Three family fighting over territory, in between there is always going to be casualties- hopefully she’ll find Mercy in the man that captured her
..Her name is Aria Talvery & she the daughter of the most violent crime family in Fallbrook.
.At times Carter is a man you love to hate. In the end he could be a man that you could easily love- Maybe

.. I loved Carter & Aria’s story. I was pleasantly surprised at how much push & pull happened
Willow Winters
Mar 10, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
MERCILESS, is FREE on all platforms for a limited time! Start reading today!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2BNR2iZ

Title: - Merciless

Author: Willow Winters

Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
*****NOW LIVE****
This is a real page turner! I couldn't flip the pages fast enough. Carter Cross is one of Willow Winter's most enigmatic characters yet. And the ending... ABSOLUTELY MIND-BLOWING!

When he was introduced at the end of Possessive, I wanted his story immediately!! In Merciless, we come face to with the hardened Mafia boss and witness his merciless nature first hand. This isn't a sweet and cuddly romance, folks. The title and blurb are spot on. Carter is cold-hearted and ruthless.
Lisa
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carter and Aria's story is way dark and intense. And not over. So much of this is waiting as she slowly breaks- this girl is super strong-willed and fierce. A good match for him. These brothers are really something, quite a power family. I hope they all get a story!

Carter can be pretty ruthless and scary. I wouldn't mess with him. There is so much more we need to know about him, their connection, the war, just everything! The end of this book was way shocking! I hope I don't have to wait too
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
RB Banner.jpg
STARS.
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-15/5/18

I really enjoyed "Merciless" Willow Winters new book and while at times I did wonder about the reasons behind Carter's cold and calculated facade; and his abysmal treatment of his enemy's daughter Aria; It was not enough to bother me and turn me away from this intriguing piece of fiction.
So after having, Aria delivered for his own personal obscure reasonings.
Carter sets out to break her to his will and I'm not exactly sure why.
There a lot of mystery
Coco.V
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - I listened to the Audible version and I think that I would've liked the book more if I had read it versus listened to the audiobook as I could barely stand Aria's voice. I had the impression of listening to a whining baby from beginning to end. :(

That being said, I wasn't quite sure what to expect as Merciless is my first book by this author. This turned out to be a good read although there were few things that bothered me. I enjoyed the premise of the story, the plot was
Iman

NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Book #1 of 4 in the Merciless Series
AUDIO AVAILABLE? Yes

THE STORY:
Aria Talvery is daughter to a powerful crime family. War is brewing amongst three criminal families in a fight for territory. It erupts when Aria is abducted by one enemy and given to another. Carter Cross.

Carter is a cold, calculating criminal who is about to test the limits of Aria’s strength. He will be ruthless in his control and the
Bookgasms Book Blog
When I read the blurb to Merciless I knew I needed to read it. I enjoyed Possessive by this author and was very curious about Carter's story. While I am (fanatically) obsessed with dark mafia type stories I just could not really connect with Carter and his relationship with Aria. As a result, Merciless was sort of a mixed bag for me.

When Carter Cross kidnaps Aria Talvery in a deal with an opposing family, no one could imagine the consequences or the war he would be causing. While I enjoyed this
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Merciless by Willow Winters. This is the story of Carter and Aria.
There is a fight brewing between three mafia members. Carter is the head of one and Aria father is the head of another one. Carter wants Aria for his own and another gang trying to make a deal with him takes Aria and give her to him. Carter is hard on Aria making her break but their attraction is one that takes over for them.
Aria is learning to deal with being owned by Carter and the up and coming war that he will ensure kills
Chelé
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT. WAS. THAT!? I am absolutely devastated that there was an end to this book, I could read about Carter and Aria all day, everyday! I swear I'm not doing this on purpose.....I don't plan on saying this after every Willow Winters book but it's the truth.....AHHHHHH this is my FAVORITE yet!! I mean, how is she DOING this EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!????

Carter Cross is not a man you'd want to cross, he's the text book definition of take charge. He's a ruler, he's head of the "family business" he's the
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
4.5 STARS

My Willow Winters binge continues and OMG I'm so in love. It's been YEARS since I've read anything in the captive/captor trope and I forgot how deliciously forbidden it all feels. This one was SO good, so dark, so hauntingly decadent. I'm in love with the Merciless world, with these characters and I'm not coming up for air anytime soon!
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
description

GENRE: Dark Romance Suspense
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: Book #1 of 4 in the Merciless Series
AUDIO AVAILABLE? Yes

THE STORY
Aria Talvery is daughter to a powerful crime family. War is brewing amongst three criminal families in a fight for territory . It erupts when Aria is abducted by one enemy and given to another. Carter Cross.

Carter is a cold, calculating criminal who is about to test the limits of Aria’s strength.He will be ruthless in his control and the longer he keeps her prisoner
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Willow Winters knows how to write her leading men in a way that both excites and terrifies readers. Ever since meeting Carter, the sexy and intimidating eldest Cross in Possessive (Daniel and Addison's story), I have been eagerly anticipating his story. Let me just say tell you all that this extraordinarily talented author certainly did not disappoint with this one!

Merciless was a phenomenally written story that intensely captivated me whole body
Kat
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"All of her. Every piece of her is mine and she knows it."
~Carter~

You can feel the sadness and despair from Aria, and the conflict from Carter, even as they both try to deny what they feel and want from the other. Carter wants her, but he doesn't know for what exactly. He says he wants to own her, but he doesn't know if it's more than in a sexual way. He doesn't want to admit the depth of his feeling for her. As for Aria, the first time she saw Carter she thought he was going to save her.
Ashley Olson
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as an ARC for an honest review. Just when you think Willow Winters couldn't get any better she releases a book that smacks you in the face and rips out your heart! You want to hate Carter for the things he puts Aria through, but you can't help but love the guy and silently cheer him on and hope Aria can see past the mind games. It wasn't left on a cliffhanger, but leaves you right at the point where you are screaming for more. I am so happy that their story will continue in ...more
Cee Cee Houston
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Merciless by Willow Winters is yet another dark, and twisted tale of love and maybe redemption. It’s a truly exceptional story about Carter Cross and Aria Talvery.
Aria is a mafioso’s daughter, one of the biggest crime lords around and she becomes a hostage when she’s captured by an enemy of her father and given to Carter with the intention of starting a war between the disgruntled factions.
Carter is a top notch alpha male, he’s powerful, sexy and very, very dangerous.
Aria tries to fight the
Priya
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carter Carter Carter!!!
I enjoyed this book really, the plot was good and the characters were well written. This was really and intriguing.
Loved the characters and plot. Loved main MC, both were phenomenal at their places.
Aria was so strong and determined and beautiful and tender and so loveable and not at all broken. Carter was as usual our Alpha male. I think this plot was bit different and that's a really good thing for me.
I need to finish this series, I want to reach the ending.
Katie M
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Willow Winters has a gift for writing men that captivate us despite our best intentions. Men we root for even when we don't know why. We look for reasons to care for them, lost after them, love them.

Carter is one of those men and Aria is the woman trying to answer those questions. Carter is not a good man. The only thing he is loyal to is his family. He will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. He wanted Aria. He had plans for her. The problem is what he's going to do with her now that he
Linda Dunn
Gilded Cage

This book by Willow Winters left me completely breathless. Carter is a man you love to hate. When he sets his mind on something he wants, he takes it on no holds barred. Carter has his sights on Aria. He knew she was his Achilles heel, but he could not stop himself from making her his and only his. Aria is the only chink in Carter's armor and he hates himself for it.

Aria is stronger than she appears as she holds the key to Carter's soul and his torment. This story is remarkable and
Julie Jackson
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was phenomenal. Carter is all alpha with dark needs. War is coming and he will get what is wants. Aria knows what it is like to be in his fathers world. She plays the good role but that’s it. She lives in fear. She doesn’t see the redemption coming but Carter is determined to take her fear away.
I cannot wait to read their continued story. Excellent storyline.

Carter and Aria’s story is like no other you’ve ever read. The darkness, fear and trust will leave you wanting more. These two
Jacqueline
Dnf 45%

I tried, I really did, but I found constantly trying to figure out what was going on a trial and I wasn't interested enough in the characters to persevere.
Kaitlynn
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Willow Winters' books !!! And let me tell you she didn't disappoint with this one either. I could not put this book down! Omg Carter is to die for! I love how dominate he is and you can really tell he Aria so much! Now I only need part 2 cause I need to know what happens between Carter and Aria! This book is by far the most amazing book I have read!!!! This is a must read yall!!!! ...more
Fallon
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!! Where to begin with Carter and Aria! I am not sure there are words to sum up this couple. If you choose to pick up this series it is an absolute MUST to do the audio version! I felt like I was right in the action the entire time. Savannah Peachwood is truly talented! I have loved every book she has narrated! She brought Aria to life so much that you honestly felt like you were right there with her (view spoiler)! You could feel the pain and the happy ...more
Cris
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh! I have been waiting for this book ever since I got a glimpse of Carter in Possessive and it was worth the wait. Dark, so much darker than Possessive, and you find yourself tensing up a lot, but you can’t put it down either. Carter is so intense and Aria is so broken, but their attachment to each other defies everything and everyone else. Great story, as per usual, Ms. Winters never disappoints.
Bargain Basement: $20 AMAZON GIFT CARD 1 3 May 15, 2018 03:29PM

• A Single Kiss (Irresistible Attraction, #2)
  • A Single Touch (Irresistible Attraction, #3)
  • A Kiss to Tell
  • Hard to Love (Hard to Love Book 1)
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love Book 2)
  • All He'll Ever Be
  • Secrets (Web of Sin, #1)
  • White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet, #2)
  • Lies (Web of Sin, #2)
  • Torn (Dark Legacy Duet #2)
  • Promises (Web of Sin, #3)
  • Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet, #1)
  • Obsessed (Tangled Web, #2)
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • Twisted (Tangled Web, #1)
  • Innocence (Tales of Olympus, #1)
  • Bound (Tangled Web, #3)
  • Deal with the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #1)
Willow Winters is so happy to be a USA Today, Wall Street Journal and #1 Contemporary Best Selling Author!

Stay up to date! Like this sale on my new release!
Want a text alert? Text "Willow" to 797979!
Sign up to my newsletter + get EXCLUSIVE content, sneak peeks, and FREE books monthly: http://bit.ly/2L95aFS
All the other details you need to know: https://linktr.ee/willowwintersauthor

Willow started

Merciless (4 books)
  • Heartless (Merciless, #2)
  • Breathless (Merciless, #3)
  • Endless (Merciless, #4)
“When you’ve done everything you can, and you’re left with nothing but fear of both the unknown and the known, there’s only one way to describe it. That feeling is true terror.” 1 likes
“artworks, polished” 0 likes