Start by marking “The Owner's Secret (A Secret Billionaire Romance #4)” as Want to Read:
The Owner's Secret (A Secret Billionaire Romance #4)

The Owner's Secret

(Secret Billionaire Romance #4)

A brutal storm. A cryptic message. A life changed . . . forever.

Melody de Lyon's cozy New Orleans bookstore is her pride and joy – until a violent hurricane sweeps it all away. Forced to flee the storm by boat with her ailing grandmother, she wonders how she will ever pick up the pieces of this disaster.

Then, in a fevered state, her grandmother utters a cryptic message th
Published September 4th 2018 by Spellbound Books

To ask other readers questions about The Owner's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Owner's Secret

Julie Carpenter
The Owner's Secret had me hooked from the very beginning. Britt Mandeville is a character who is hard to forget. Melody tries to, but all his gentlemanly ways, and his devastatingly good looks are not helping. With the mystery of White Castle and her grandmother urging her to go there for refuge after the hurricane, Melody finds herself drawn to Britt and the strange memories surrounding the beautiful plantation mansion. I loved the mystery, the history of the southern plantation, the fun litera ...more
Katie W
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
(3.5 Stars) It was a little surreal to read this book just as Hurricane Florence was marching through the Atlantic, unleashing a stormy fury on the Eastern coast of the United States. The book opens with a hurricane in Louisiana--both physically and literally, ha ha.

Melody has an interesting family and her journey to White Castle, at her sick grandmother's urging, really showcases the crazy, but I especially enjoyed the slight mystery that developed. Her arrival takes Britt, the jack-of-all-tra
Pascale
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
-‘Would he ever find the right woman to share his passions and interests? He was thirty-five and so far, had been utterly unlucky in love. Maybe he was looking in all the wrong places.’-

First the good... gorgeous cover!

Now, the part I didn’t enjoy so much... I’m not a fan of regency or historical romances as a genre in general and, although this is supposed to be a contemporary story, I found it read too much like a historical for me and it really wasn’t for me.
Jillian
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a little Southern romance! This story follows Britt, a really nice guy ready to start a family with his girlfriend who turns out to be rather mercenary and not at all like he thought. Disillusioned by his bad relationship luck he wonders what will his future hold. Enter Melody, a bookstore owner displaced by the hurricane. She stumbles into the White Castle plantation and into Britt’s life. Britt and Melody have so much in common having a shared love of Southern history and they wou ...more
Doni
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Owner's Secret is a captivating book.
It grabs you from the very first pages
to the last! It's a touching, & emotional story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!
Melody's grandma Mirry is very ill.
Mirry's home was being flooded,
& Melody needed to get her help.
She kept saying to Melody "White Castle". Once Mirry was in a hospital, & she had
no where to go, she decided to find
White Castle.
There is where Melody meets Britt,
the caretaker. She thought the home
was abandoned. Britt asked
Heather Green
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Lots of twists and mysterious, unexpected connections. Some cute scenes with the MC's. I liked how down to earth the billionaire was. The language seemed a little old fashioned. That bugged me. I didn't know if it was intentional because the story focused around the late 1800's/early 1900's, but people in our day don't really talk like the MC's talked. I would have liked to have seen one more scene with the ex-fiance for some closure rather than her just disappearing from their lives. She was so ...more
Melissa Medell Hayford
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and didn't want to put it down. I love history, especially the Antebellum era and just fell in love with the White Castle Plantation. This book had me from the very beginning. First I was disgusted with Britt's choice of girlfriend and couldn't wait to see how that panned out and then the hurricane struck and I could not believe the devastation, loss and struggle. In ways I felt like I was right there living it. Then Melody and Britt meet and their chemistry is amazing! They cl ...more
Sonya Wasden
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melody de Lyon owned a bookstore in New Orleans and she took care of her grandmother. When a hurricane swept through New Orleans, she lost her bookstore, her apartment and her grandmother's home. Her grandmother was very ill and during the worst part of the storm, she and her grandmother were evacuated by boat ambulance. Her grandmother was admitted to the hospital running a high fever and having pneumonia. Before she left her grandmother's side, her grandmother told her to "go to White Castle". ...more
Dawn Pearson
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melody ends up at White Castle after her ailing grandmother tells her to go there. But why?

Britt lives at White Castle. So, when a woman lands in his entryway, he's both surprised and intrigued. Who is she?

As they get to know each other, they are both aware that there is a very real attraction between them, but is it right to give in to it? After all, he just proposed to another woman a week earlier.

What follows is part mystery, with Melody searching the house for clues as to why her grandmot
Cathy Morgan
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Britt's proposal to Crystal went down like a lead balloon, so they broke things off, Crystal disappointed that the castle he lives in isn't more modern and Britt realising how little he ever really knew her. Then, only a week or two later, a girl (or is she an angel?) lands on his front mat, escaping a hurricane in which she has lost everything - her home, her car, her bookstore. Melody has been sent to White Castle, where Britt is caretaker, by her grandmother, desperately ill with pneumonia an ...more
Toni Gancheva
Melody and Britt meet in the aftermath of a hurricane. They have an instant attraction to eachother, but some surprising developments get in the way of their relationship.
There was the added mystery of why Melody's grandma asked her to seek out the White Castle Plantation, whose caretaker is Britt, at the first place.
What I like was the gentleness, generosity and down-to-earthedness (is there such a phrase? :D) of Britt. I also liked that Melody wouldn't get involved with a taken man.
What I didn
MJSH
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
I give this book 3.5 stars. This is the first book by Kimberley Montpetit I have read and it is fun, clean, and fast-paced. The premise of an old Southern sugar plantation mansion bringing together a secret billionaire and a bookstore owner in the midst of a hurricane with a hint of family mystery definitely drew me into the story. Melody is sweet, spunky, kind, and tender-hearted while Britt is downright swoon-worthy with his love for history and antiques and his caring, thoughtful, and conside ...more
Bree
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderfully written and very captivating book. I love that it is a contemporary romance but with a lot of history throughout the book. Melody and her sick grandmother were in a terrible hurricane and lost just about everything. When Melody was leaving her grandma in the hospital she told her to "go to White Castle" so she searched it out and headed to this amazing southern plantation which was not what she expected and little did she know her life was going to change forever. Britt is ...more
Maria Thomas
I enjoyed this story overall. It is clean, sweet and a fairly quick read. I liked both the main characters generally. It was a bit surreal to read while I've been getting Florence storm reports from friends that live on the east coast. At least none of my friends have had huge losses like Melody had.

I think my only negative for this book is my own fault. For some reason I am never attracted to reading billionaire stories so that part of the book was less interesting to me. Perhaps it is just so
Becky
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! I thought author did a great job introducing the characters. I loved Melody and her willingness for adventure, although a little scared while doing it. Then ending up no where, but somewhere familiar. I loved Britt and his passion for history and reality. They made a great pair and a great story. I have to say I did not see the twist coming, usually I figure that stuff out, but this one surprised me, I like that. I love the trials and troubles they endure together. Showing a ...more
Melissa
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked reading The Owner’s Secret. I haven’t read many of the “Billionaire” books so I didn’t know what to expect. I have read one other book by Kimberley Monpetit so I knew she was a good author and this should be interesting.
At first I thought the premise of the story was fairly simple but Monpetit threw in a twist that even this jaded mystery-reader wasn’t expecting. And I suspect EVERYTHING. Add to that the mystery of White Castle and a handsome, kind man and who wouldn’t be ensnared?
4 Sta
Nicki
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Didn't love it, didn't hate it but I guess I was disappointed. I usually love the books this author writes. But this one hit me as just okay. Maybe it is the hurricane or maybe the whole sister thing but it just felt off. No one seemed to deal in honesty. Grandma never shares her history, Crystal is one big lie and mooch and then we get to the main characters that just decide to dance around truth by omission. Loved the historic mansion tho.

Thanks for the opportunity to read the book.
Lisa
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
A hurricane, a very ill grandmother, and a fevered whispered message cause Britt and Melody to meet. Life is not all fun and games, and this book reflects that. There are hard losses and great loves. Kimberley Montpetit has written an engaging story. I love the main characters and their bantering, the setting of an old Southern plantation, and a very satisfying HEA. The author does a great job of making me feel along with the characters and picture the setting. I hope to read more of this author ...more
Stacey
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
This is the first book from this series that I have read. From what I can tell it can be read as a stand-alone novel but I am looking forward to catching up on what the other ones in the series are like.
This was a sweet, clean romance. I liked the interaction between the two main characters. In some ways it was rather fast moving in that the book jumped ahead by weeks & then months without you realising it. But this was understandable.
I don’t like to give away spoilers, so I’ll just leave i
Melanie Mason
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic story. Melody was such a fascinating character with a deep beauty that drew you in. Britt was the dashing hero, who had to deal with his own bad choices. It was neat to experience the chemistry between them and watch them grow together. The tension that came from her sister brought an interesting twist that didn't quite get resolved in my opinion, but it wasn't a huge drawback to the story. A great read for an afternoon or evening!!!
Anne Wingate
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fully Realized

Good fiction can be character centered, plot centered, or even, as in many historical fiction, setting centered. Rarely does it fulfil all those categories at once. When it does,,it's fully realized.
This charming romance is fully realized. Set in Louisiana during and after a hurricane, it has believable (in its own world) characters and plot, and a gentle reminder of a world we all wish we could live in.
Recommended for readers of sweet romance.
Donna May
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. This book is about friends, family, family history, new love, and how to get through life. Life is full of hurricanes – whether you are literally or figuratively stuck in one. But the best thing about it, is you pull through. And sometimes you pull through with the best, most unexpected people around you. New friends are some of the amazing things in life, especially when you find out your best friend is also your true love.
Vivian
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
An engaging premise (forgive the pun)

I liked the mystery, which was fairly realistic, in addition to the hero and heroine and their relationship development. I have to agree with the reviewer who felt that Crystal was an unnecessary plot complication. It made the story flow feel a little choppy and uneven.

I do enjoy the Secret Billionaire series. While perhaps not all that realistic, they are still fun and the heroes are very sympathetic
Alicia
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The timing when I read this was a little crazy. It was right as Hurricane Florence was sweeping across North Carolina, so that was a little surreal. I don't know if it made the story better or harder to read. Anyway, I really liked the story. The characters were fun, the setting sounded amazing and the plot was good. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, I'd definately recommend it!
Bookconfessions
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a lighthearted romance with a tiny twist of a mystery. Melody’s sister’s involvement made for a fun surprise, but I almost wish she was a little more down to earth, it would’ve added more tension if she was someone you could almost, but not quite, root for and not someone you were happy to see leave.

Chelsea Gardner
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! History is fascinating to me and I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about the Nottoway Plantation. These characters were amazing and I loved seeing them triumph when dealing with heartache, set backs, and struggles. The love and attraction they had for each other was real, but I love that they took time to develop their friendship with each other.
Bernadette Cinkoske
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. It is so well written - great, realistic characters, terrific dialogue, some drama with the hurricane, an intriguing mystery about why Melody was sent to the antebellum mansion known as White Castle, and great chemistry between Britt and Melody. Be prepared to be enchanted.
Cynthia Barton
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It was full of sweet, southern charm amidst a hurricane, gold digging girlfriend and a sick granny. Not to mention a historical plantation, a jack of all trades billionaire and a determined woman.
Melissa Nichols
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Definitely Worth a Read

I will admit that I thought this book moved slowly at first. I was getting a little bored but then the twists and turns started coming and I fell in love with White Castle and the history within those walls.
Wanda Caldwell
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THIS SERIES!

I can not wait for the next story of the secret billionaires!
All of the books so far are intriguing and I love the down to earth characters! I NEED MORE OF THEIR STORIES!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Secondhand Hearts (Peak City Romance Book 1)
  • The Sweetest Spark (The Spark Brothers #3)
  • The Rogue Warrior (Navy SEAL Romances 2.0)
  • Awakening Avery (A Second Chance Romance #3)
  • The Songs That Brought Me Back
  • A Friend in Paris
  • Taming Scrooge
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance #1)
  • Christmas Secrets
  • A Snow Globe Christmas (Ornamental Match Maker Series #5)
  • Winner Takes All (Warriors of the Heart #4)
  • Marrying Miss Kringle: Frost
  • The Glamorous Life of a Mediocre Housewife
  • Star Spangled Second Chance (Holidays in Applewood #4)
  • A Me and You Thing
  • Death by the River
  • For the Love of Laura Beth
  • My Brother's Bride (Serendipity Book 2)
Kimberley Montpetit once spent all her souvenir money at the La Patisserie shops when she was in Paris—on the arm of her adorable husband. The author grew up in San Francisco, another swoon-worthy city, loves all things Parisian and chocolate and lives in a small town along the Rio Grande with her family.

Kimberley has won many awards for her work, including the Southwest Book Award, the Whitney Aw

Secret Billionaire Romance (4 books)
  • The Neighbor's Secret (Secret Billionaire Romance, #1)
  • The Executive's Secret (Secret Billionaire Romance, #2)
  • The Mafia's Secret (Secret Billionaire Romance, #3)