Start by marking “Autocomplete: The Book” as Want to Read:
Autocomplete: The Book

Autocomplete: The Book

Every time a browser autocompletes our search query, it's showing us what millions of other people all over the world are searching for. This curious collection showcases the very best of the often strange yet 100% real autocomplete suggestions offered up by popular search engines, compiling them into one hilarious, fascinating, and mildly disturbing volume. Each page ...more
Published May 7th 2019 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Autocomplete, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Autocomplete

Start your review of Autocomplete: The Book
Tucker

Many thanks to Chronicle Books for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

This is one of those books that is completely insane and pointless but that you still love. From the creator of Google Feud, this book is full of random google searches and drawings. It was fun, simple and enjoyable. If you're looking for a quick, little, fun read, pick this up!

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy
Beth Cato
I received this book through LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

The title sums up the book: it features a few hundred pages of Google autocompletes, many of which make you worry about the very nature of humanity. (I only know there are 224 pages because the online data says so; for some odd reason, the book lacks pages numbers, which annoyed me when I wanted to make note of some pages to share with my husband.)

The humor very much falls under the category of, "Well, that escalated quickly." I found
Jeff
Jul 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm sure Justin Hook could have come up with some more creative Google searches than these.
M J
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
If you've ever taken a deep dive into one of your laptop's browsers to do a search, then you already have become acquainted with the autocomplete possibilities that arise from the task. Just for fun, let this book take the dive for you. No need for pesky numbered pages, just open the book to any random spot, and enjoy. If you are lucky, you'll end up on one of the randomly illustrated pages.

Advance copy review
Exapno Mapcase
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Everyone who has done a Google search has seen some interesting suggestions brought forth by Google, and now the most popular subjects have been put in one handy collection. Some are funny, some are sad, and some are just downright weird.

Free review copy.
Kelly
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, library-book
Many chuckle-worthy moments. Not as funny as I had hoped.
Virginia Bush
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A humorous look at common Google searches, this book is highly interactive and fun to look at with friends and family.
Vava
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This was a good breather in between reading novels. It contains common search terms people look up in Google. The entries range from the funny (i.e. I ate an entire onion) to the strange (i.e. where is it legal to own a fox) to the downright creepy (i.e. can a dead person call you). I give it 3 out of 5 stars. Thank you to Chronicle Books for my review copy.
Joel Singer
The collection of funny auto-complete entries from Google is somewhat amusing, more so for teenagers than adults. Some parts are humorous, some sad, some thought-provoking, and some just strange. It's not good for reading in order, more for dipping into random spots and reading out loud to a crowd.
Kelly
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A perfect mix of humor and pathos.

(Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book for review through LibraryThing's Early Reviewers program.)

So you know the deal: every time you type a search term into your browser, be it Google or Yahoo or Jeeves or whatever (who are we kidding, Google), the algorithm makes a valiant attempt to predict what you're going to type before you type it. You know, autocomplete. This guess is based, in part, on what its millions of other users are searching for,
Danielle
Sep 01, 2019
Fiore
Jul 07, 2019
Justin Hook
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Justin Hook
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Melissa
Dec 27, 2019
What the Fluff
Jul 10, 2019

• The Okay Witch
  • Sparrowhawk (Sparrowhawk, #1-5)
  • Escaping Exodus
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Mooncakes
  • The Bird of the River (Lord Ermenwyr, #3)
  • How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • Vechten met Lincoln
  • In the Vanishers’ Palace
  • House of Whispers Vol. 1: The Power Divided (the Sandman Universe)
  • Estranged (Estranged, #1)
  • The Bone Mother
  • Grimoire Noir
  • The Frame-Up (The Golden Arrow #1)
  • The Red Threads of Fortune (Tensorate #2)
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice
  • Mask of Shadows (Mask of Shadows, #1)