Start by marking “Shipwreckers: The Curse of the Cursed Temple of Curses - or - We Nearly Died. A Lot.” as Want to Read:

When Dani and her big brother Mike find themselves aboard the ill-fated river expedition of careless adventurer, Captain Kevin, they must work together to save themselves and the captain from all manner of deadly trials and traps.

Complete with treacherous temples, ancient idols, and plenty of explosions, Shipwreckers is a big adventure that brings humor along for a dangero
Published May 21st 2019 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Shipwreckers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shipwreckers

Nicole Hewitt
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

This book is a hilarious and perilous adventure, filled with action, goofy puns, and a nice helping of heart. When I read the author's bios and saw that they write for kids' TV, it all made so much sense--the book reads like an animated movie. It's full of larger-than-life characters who make you laugh out loud (Captain Kevin Adventureson is incredibly clueless and yet full of himself, but he still manages to be lovabl
Molly
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect mix of silly and sweet, this book is a rollicking ride of crazy adventure, perfectly punny jokes, and lots of heart! Though not a middle grade reader, I was laughing right along with Captain Kevin, clinging to the edge of my seat at the end of every chapter, and loving all the twists and turns just like Dani. Looking forward to seeing where these Shipwreckers go next!
Faith Hurst-Bilinski
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for a review. I tried to review it as a book for middle aged children rather than as an adult reader.

From the silly title to the outrageous characters this book is definitely for the 10-13 year old group. I tried to read it through their lens. I know I have had 5th and 6th graders who would love this book. It's silly, fast paced, and fun. It's a little much for younger children, with some violence and loss of body parts, and a little too silly
Gmr
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This was SUCH A GREAT READ!

Seriously, I felt like I was strapping in for a "three hour tour" only to find out that it was SO MUCH MORE. We're talking Disney's Jungle Cruise elevated exponentially to the next level of adventure! We're speaking of a captain that would even give old Sparrow a run for his money (no really, he'd probably have him running after money because he's tricky like that...whether intentional or not!). We're going on about an ADVENTURE with MR. ADVENTURE(son) himself, burstin
Melanie Dulaney
The bad puns are non-stop as are the many times that Captain Kevin does dangerous things that put his two unexpected young companions in harm’s way. Finding treasure is the goal of the reckless ship owner and young Dani is happy to find herself on board with the adventuring seaman. Dani’s older brother Mike would prefer to read about adventure than experience it, but now finds himself on an unwanted quest for temple treasure hidden deep in the Amazon rainforest. Many of my 4th and 5th grade stud ...more
Matt Harry
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shipwreckers is a ridiculously fun adventure chock-full of monsters, deathtraps, and puns. So ... many ... puns. Capt. Kevin could be the long-lost son of Indiana Jones and Lara Croft, if that son flunked out of trade school and had zero babysitting skills. A great read for action-loving middle graders.
Meredith Spidel
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the creativity and fun in this book! It takes a lot to motivate my 4th grade son to be captivated by a book, but this did the trick! Thanks for sending an ARC for review my way, Disney Books!
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Disney-Hyperion in exchange for an honest review.
Teresa Grabs
May 17, 2019
Michelle
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Mike and his little sister Dani get more than they bargained for when they get separated from their parents during an Amazon cruise. Reluctantly putting their trust in Captain Kevin, the two siblings find themselves on a quest for treasure, running for their lives, and battling mummies in an ancient tomb. Add in some crazy puns, an exhilarating plane ride, and an undercover waitress, and you have yourself a recipe for fun!
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for the opportunity to read and r
Lauren
May 01, 2019
Johan
Dec 25, 2018
Joshua Pruett
Jan 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Todd Glaeser
Celeste
Carin Bennett
Teresa
MJ Benton
Scott Peterson
Jan 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Elizabeth Camp
Danielle Hammelef
May 15, 2019
Kim hansen
May 16, 2019
Scott Peterson (aka Scott David Peterson) is currently the Executive Producer and Showrunner of the upcoming Netflix animated series, "The Last Kids on Earth."

Scott was nominated for a primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program for writing Nickelodeon’s “Escape from Cluster Prime” and for an episode of Disney's "Phineas and Ferb."

He has worked as a writer for Warner Brothers, Universal