Start by marking “Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt Revealed ” as Want to Read:
Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt Revealed

Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt Revealed (Dirk Pitt)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  1,840 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Clive Cussler is an extraordinary author whose life parallels that of his fictional hero, Dirk Pitt. Whether searching for famous shipwrecks or cruising in classic cars from his private collection, Cussler’s spirit feeds the soul of Dirk Pitt—a hero whose adventures race along at supersonic speed. Now with this truly unique insider’s guide, you can dive in and explore the ...more
Published October 1st 1998 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt Revealed

Kenny
Aug 10, 2012 added it
Excellent! Clive Cussler is my favorite author.
Ushi B
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ushi by: My dad
Shelves: dirk-pitt
I love Dirk Pitt. Can there be a more perfect man?
Tom Batalias
Jul 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A must read for any Clive Cussler fan. Insight into the author's life, as well as a detailed reference of all his books up to that point.
Birgit
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked reading it. It was something different and knowledeable to read, figuring out about new things. Being told about certain happenings or believes you already knew.

A strong point of the book was the structuring - Clive Cussler introduced the ships by the time they were first put to sail and dedicated each ship one chapter. Within the chapters the order was a structured timeline from early to late.

The included maps at every chapter was a nice add on and I looked it up on the globe. So there
Bill Donhiser
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
The "reunion" was great!! The interview with Clive was wonderful, the remaining 440+ pages could only be loved by a CC geek of the highest magnitude. Kinda like those 30 year old Trekkers or Star Wars nuts who live in their mom's basement and have never been on a date. This review has been written by a Clive Cussler aficionado who has read every single book (fiction and non-fiction and liked them all. It was still more detail than I could use
Brentman99
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves Clive Cussler books
This is the kind of book that I wish other authors would write. It tells us a lot about how he came to be a writer, his personal history, family, as well as the story behind his main characters in the novels up to that time. I love the detail and learning about the person who is one of my top three favourite authors.
Georiscs
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Informative -- I enjoyed the interview with Cussler and the synopsis' of his books, alshough list of his antique autos didn't interest me. I also enjoyed reviewing the "cast of characters" in his books, but wasn't interested in the retelling of data i.e., locations, props, etc. I also learned of the Cussler books I have yet to read.
Toby
Nov 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
A longtime Cussler fan, I'd looked forward to reading this. As it turns out, only the first hundred pages or so are about Cussler and Dirk Pitt. The rest is a quasi reference work listing all the characters ever to appear in the novels, the dedications of each novel. . .

I'll continue to love the novels, but this seemed like a contrived book, aimed at finding a few buyers.
Magdalena
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dirk-pitt
I skimmed through it to be more honest and did not found it to be very interesting. I finished reading after the interview and found the rest of the book to be rather pointless (to read). Granted for some die-hard fans it may be a pleasure
Nathan Beck
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
I'm not sure what I was expecting with this. I enjoyed the Q&A with Cussler, learning about him and how he got started. The short story was cheesy even for him. I'm going to hang on to it as a reference guide though.
Kay
Dec 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Kind of an encyclopedia of Cussler books - but I really enjoyed his "life story". He had so many adventures in real life and always kept reinventing himself. I love hearing about how authors get published.
James Keel
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can not say why exactly but I am always drawn to reading books where the lead character carries on through numerous books which I why I so love Clive Cussler. Between Dirk Pitt, Kurt Austin, and the rest of the NUMA group I can always open a book a find a character I am invested in.
Arabianhorse Watt
Mar 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ok
This is just a overview and its cool at the end.
Kathy Davie
Aug 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Interesting reading.
Terry Schmidt
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great!!!
Diana
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Started reading Cussler's books with my grandsons. Great adventure with historical facts and little sex exploits.
Charlesjr Waldie
Sep 19, 2010 rated it liked it
It has information that was nice to learn about.
Ryan
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Just read the interview and short story at the beginning. Skipped the whole glossary/bibliography of the books.
Jeff
May 25, 2010 rated it it was ok
The first 75 pages were outstanding. His rise to success was very cool.
Gary Barrentine
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
It is better to have read Clive Cussler's books up to this time first.
David Reynolds
Feb 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Must admit I never really wished to read this but son Howard bought it for me and Boy am I glad he did!! Thank You Howard
Wunderdrugged
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: no-finish
For die-hard fans only. Enjoyed learning more about the man behind the story, could have done without the summarization of the series to date (I skipped a lot).
Chris van Nieuwenhuizen
Interesting
Chris
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun look at Clive Cussler.
James Stevenson
Nov 16, 2016
Karla
Mar 17, 2013
  • Clive Cussler
  • Deep Fire Rising (Philip Mercer, #6)
  • Night of the Hawk (Patrick McLanahan, #2)
  • The Tom Clancy Companion (Revised)
  • Bodies Electric
  • Cutting Edge (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #6)
  • Deadfall
  • SSN: A Strategy Guide to Submarine Warfare
  • Death at Sandringham House (Her Majesty Investigates #2)
  • The New Breed (Brotherhood of War, #7)
  • Dress Gray
  • Springboard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #9)
  • The Red Fox
Cussler began writing novels in 1965 and published his first work featuring his continuous series hero, Dirk Pitt, in 1973. His first non-fiction, The Sea Hunters, was released in 1996. The Board of Governors of the Maritime College, State University of New York, considered The Sea Hunters in lieu of a Ph.D. thesis and awarded Cussler a Doctor of Letters degree in May, 1997. It was the first time ...more
More about Clive Cussler...

Dirk Pitt (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Pacific Vortex! (Dirk Pitt, #1)
  • The Mediterranean Caper (Dirk Pitt, #2)
  • Iceberg (Dirk Pitt, #3)
  • Raise the Titanic! (Dirk Pitt, #4)
  • Vixen 03 (Dirk Pitt, #5)
  • Night Probe! (Dirk Pitt, #6)
  • Deep Six (Dirk Pitt, #7)
  • Cyclops (Dirk Pitt, #8)
  • Treasure (Dirk Pitt, #9)
  • Dragon (Dirk Pitt, #10)