Start by marking “Cece Loves Science and Adventure (Cece Loves Science, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cece Loves Science and Adventure (Cece Loves Science, #2)

Cece Loves Science and Adventure

(Cece Loves Science)

Cece loves science and adventure!

In this STEM-themed picture book, the second in a series, Cece and her Adventure Girls troop use science, technology, engineering, and math to solve problems and earn their camping pin.

Illustrated by New York Times–bestseller Vashti Harrison, the Cece Loves Science books are perfect for fans of Ada Twist, Scientist and anyone who enjoys asking questions
Published June 4th 2019 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Cece Loves Science and Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cece Loves Science and Adventure

Michelle
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for YA Books Central

Books about girls who love science are always winners!

Cece and her friends are trying to win their adventure badges so they pack everything they can and head out on a camping trip with their mom. Once there, they do the typical things like setting up tents and going on nature hikes, but problems occur at every step and Cece figures out how to solve them. Nothing is easy on this trip, but this little girl uses her love for science to make it perfect.
Cece
Gretchen
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classroom-use
What a fun way to show how science and problem solving is in our lives every day. Sometimes it's hard for students to see how things we are learning in school are applicable to the life they have right now or their lives in the future. Also, the idea that some of the things we are learning are processes that can be used with any type of information, like the process of problem-solving. This book shows how that process is used across different situations with creativity and perseverance. Certainl ...more
Lynda
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
“ I love science and adventure as much as Cece. I give Cece loves science and adventure a million stars. Hold on, I give it a trillion stars. I love love love love how Cece and her friends had teamwork. I love how she planned for her trip with a checklist. I love how she has a dog. And how she brings everything to make s’mores. I love her curly hair and that her mom is her leader. I love camping too. And how she drew a map and figured out about the storm by counting. I love that she is smart. I ...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Cece and her friends use science to figure out how to return to camp when a storm develops on a camping trip. This book offers great role models for working together and using logic and science to solve problems.
Anneke Alnatour
Picture book with a lot of emphasis on STEM, and a good representation of POC. Overall I wished that I could have given the book more stars, but it was just a book I liked.

Kids were okay about it too.

Next!
Debbie Tanner
This very cute story is about Cece who is an Adventure girl. The Adventure girls go on a camping trip and accidentally get lost but then using their camera, figure out a way to get back to camp. This is an adorable lesson in problem solving.
Pam
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
STEM focused.
Cece and the Adventure Girls go camping to earn more pins. She uses her science knowledge to help on the trip - keep them safe during a thunderstorm, find their way back to camp, etc.
At times, the science felt forced but elementary readers will relate to the characters and plot.
Amanda
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Girl power and science and camping! Very nice.
PWRL
Shelves: 2019, 3420, picture-books
STEAM!
Jessie Bond
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super charming! Brought me back to my own Girl Scout days. Lots of racially diverse characters plus an adorable dog named Einstein made me extra happy.
Allie Outhouse
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect book for stem as it incorporates science and adventure through camping demonstrating geography, weather and math while exploring how to craft your desires into achievements.
Ann Williams
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Cece, she is one of my favorite characters. I love her new adventure and grade 2-4 readers will like her adventures too!
Alice
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - science saves the day!
Amy
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
A cute story that meshes science and math into a camping adventure taken by 3 friends. It touches on several STEM/STEAM concepts and has fun illustrations.
Syntha Green
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A nice problem solving story
Morgan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read at work for Picture Book Read-In 2019.

I love!
Y.Poston
cute; felt
a little contrived
Ms Threlkeld
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I appreciate the intent, but the story is a little too text-heavy for a read aloud and the science felt forced at times.
Allison Wysong
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Calls to mind fond memories of my girl scout days with some fun STEM things kids can do!
Austin Gullett
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Cece Loves Science is--in my professional opinion--the single best STEM series on the picture book market now (or maybe ever?). The story is dynamic, the concept of STEM is explained and explored in understandable and explicable ways, and the overall impact is as encouraging and educational as it could be. I could not recommend this enough, especially to young girls and lovers of science.
Erin Buhr
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
A great book for Girl Scouts!
Michele
Jun 20, 2019
Lucy
Aug 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kimberly is the author of the award-winning THE BODY FINDER series, THE PLEDGE, and THE TAKING trilogies. She's also co-written the brand new picture book series, CECE LOVES SCIENCE!

Her books have been translated into 15 languages, and both THE BODY FINDER and THE PLEDGE were YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults selections.

These days, she spends entirely too much time ordering stuff off the Inter

Cece Loves Science (2 books)
  • Cece Loves Science