Start by marking “A Perfect Cornish Summer (Porthmellow Harbour #1)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Cornish Summer (Porthmellow Harbour #1)

A Perfect Cornish Summer

(Porthmellow Harbour #1)

The first in a gorgeous new series from the author of Summer at the Cornish Cafe.
Summer is on the horizon, and the people of Porthmellow are eagerly awaiting the annual food festival. At least, most of them are…
Published April 25th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Cornish Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Cornish Summer

Start your review of A Perfect Cornish Summer (Porthmellow Harbour #1)
sue
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was a bit worried about reading this as I’ve not read the other books in the series.
I Twitted I had received this from Avon books and the author Phillips Ashley saw my concern and assured me that it can be read as a stand alone. So I jumped in.

So glad I did.

I think this has only been my second kind of Summerish read this year. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I love Cornwall and recognised some of the places mentioned. Don’t you live it when that happens in a b
Mackey
I'm ready for SUMMER! What better way to prepare for summer sunshine than to sail off to the Cornish coast. Well, at least in my imagination! It is A Perfect Cornish Summer thanks to Phillipa Ashley's brilliant new cosy.

One summer, while Sam and her friends are thinking of their small town's financial woes and also making plans to attend a festival in a nearby town, it occurs to Sam, who has money troubles of her own, that a festival is exactly what her own town of Porthmellow needs.
Dash fan
4☆ A Feel Good, Cosy Romance. The Perfect Start to a New Series!

Perfect Cornish Summer is a cosy heart warming, fun story of friendship, tradition, romance and community spirit.

I love a good food festival and try to go to at least 2 a year so when I see the blurb featured a food festival it certainly pricked my attention!

Sam is in charge of organising Porthmellow's Annual Food Festival which she is passionate about.

However this year she is about to be tested
Finitha Jose
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got to know about Cornwall through many gorgeous novels set in this land surrounded by sea. But none of them had induced me to visit this place, probably because I am more drawn to historical places than coastal towns. Thanks to Phillipa Ashley, now I might have to add it to my bucket list. I have never seen a novel which has so effortlessly captured the spirit and life of Cornwall within a beautiful and mesmerizing story.
There are so many things I loved about this book, starting from t
Shalini
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a cute heart warming book, which brought out the brightness of a mild summer of the Cornish coast. The town of Porthmellow had started the Summer Festival a few years ago to deal with financial problems with Sam at the helm, and this year was the 20th anniversary. The chef they had booked suddenly dropped out and it was Gabe to the rescue, who was Sam's ex whom she had dumped years ago due to a betrayal.

My first book by author Phillipa Ashley, had me smiling as I turned pages the town
Kim
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, 2019
I really loved this book- I could really picture Porthmellow and the food festival that they are all planning. After having recently seen Fishermens Friend at the cinema which has a great sense of the Cornish community and reading Phillipa's book where you can imagine yourself living there and being roped in to delivering leaflets or phoning suppliers from the planning master list I am more than ready for my summer holiday!
I saw Phillipa Ashley recently at an author event where she was tal
Nicola Clough
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always lovely Phillipa’s books and this is one I won and is the start of a new series and she didn’t disappoint at all as simply brilliant. Full of romance friendship community spirit and families. It’s very heartwarming and a feel good book highly recommend and can’t wait for the next book.
Sam organises the porthmellows summer festival which is always the highlight of the year and pulls plenty of tourists in. She loves seeing the harbour full but it’s not easy organising the event. It doe
Lisa Leone-campbell
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
A Perfect Cornish Summer is based in a town on the water called Porthmellow. Sam Lovell is the owner of a catering company and she is the organizer of an annual food festival which was her idea years before. Through the years the festival has continually grown much to the delight of many of the locals, but not all.

When the guest chef pulls out at the last minute and Gabe Matthias, a hometown boy made good offers to step into the role to save the festival, Sam is not too pleased. Their past hist
booksofallkinds
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from the Publisher

A PERFECT CORNISH SUMMER by Phillipa Ashley is a wonderful story about community spirit, determination, and love against the odds.

Years ago, Sam Lovell lost a lot - she lost her beloved mother, her brother was sent to prison, and the love of her life, Gabe, was the one who put him there. Alone with her sister, Sam threw herself into organising a food and family festival that just might save their lovely town. Now ten years later, a
Grass monster
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Blurb :
For Sam Lovell, organising the summer festival in her hometown is one of the highlights of her year. It’s not always smooth sailing, but she loves to see Porthmellow’s harbour packed with happy visitors, and being on the committee has provided a much-needed distrac
Kim
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
There was just too much going on in this book. It didn't really need to be this long. For all the buildup towards the festival when the festival itself happened it was barely mentioned in the book. I expected some nice sweeping paragraphs about all the lush food and goods at the festival but was let down.

This was just a disappointment to me overall I guess. At first I found it hard to get past the names Samphire and Zennor? But their brother is named... Ryan. So why didn't he get a w
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed my first visit to Porthmellow, and already wondering if it is, in mid August too soon to read the Christmas book to return there!

I loved both Chloe and Sam's stories in this, both with complicated pasts there were enjoyable to discover.

Between them they head the committee for the Porthmellow Food festival and to say this 10th annual festival is not only the biggest but the one with the most potential problems would be an understatement.

I loved getting to know the c
Alison
Three and a half stars.

Centred around the Porthmellow 10th annual food festival this story features Sam(phire) Lovell, the festival's organiser. When the celebrity chef they had booked to star at the festival declares bankruptcy Sam's assistant Chloe manages to book Gabe Matthias, former Portmellow resident as a late replacement. Little does she know that Sam and Gabe dated, until the night he shopped her brother to the police and got him sent to prison. 10 years later can Sam ever f
Shannon
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I received a free copy in exchange for my honest review

Reading this book was so much fun. The story got me captivated until the end, because I really wanted to know what really happened. Eventually, the ending was a bit of what I expected but not entirely. I liked that it wasn't just another romance with a predictable ending. Furthermore, I loved the setting and I loved the friend dynamics. There was a bit of a downside to this book though, at some points the story felt a little bit tedious.
Stacey
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved
An amazing novel by an amazingly talented author. When I had an email asking me if I wanted to take place in the blog tour for Phillipa Ashley's new novel I jumped at the chance. I have adored Phillipa's previous novels and I absolutely fell in love with this cover so I knew I couldn't turn the opportunity down.

The cover really gives us a lovely feel as to what the novel is about. We have beautiful colourful cottages either side of the cover, with colourful and patterned bunting hang
Bridget
This was a lovely and delightful first story in a new series that took me to a charming place, Porthmellow, filled with oodles of romance, friendship and community spirit.

“A Perfect Cornish Summer” was such a heart-warming tale that made me smile and feel wonderfully happy as I started to meet all of the characters.

Sam was strong and feisty, if a little stubborn at times, but she was someone that I would have wanted as a friend.
All of the characters in this community were supe
Kirsty Oughton
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘A Perfect Cornish Summer’ is my first read by Phillipa however her books have been on my TBR pile for a while, now I regret not reading one of her creations before now.

Anything that involves food is a must for me so when I read the synopsis of the book I knew it was my kind of read. The festival had me going hungry and wanting to be part of the festival myself!

Meeting Sam, Gabe and the other residents of Porthmellow was like a breath of fresh air. The town of Porthmellow sounds idyllic, espec
Antonella's book world
5 CORNISH STARS

YOU CAN ALSO FIND THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG https://antonellasbookworld.blogspot....

I freaking loved this book.
I admit that at the beginning when I saw how many pages the book was long I found myself doubting about reading the book, mostly because recently I haven't read novels so interesting so I didn't really have great expectations.
Ashley did surprise me positively instead.
This novel is a second chance romance who doesn't focus on the romance per se and I think that's best thing about this book. The focus on this novel is the local food festival with the addicti
Claire
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the Cornish Cafe series by Phillipa Ashley and I love her style of writing so couldn’t wait to read A Perfect Cornish Summer. An absolute wonderful book. Based in the gorgeous Cornwall harbour of Porthmellow this book is centred on Sam Lovell organising a Summer food festival in her hometown.

The book is full of likeable characters who you can relate to. I loved the storyline, the village life and the warmth of the community within, the twists and turns of events and the mys
Grace J Reviewerlady
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect book to get you in the mood for summer!

Sam Lovell - along with a small group of volunteers - is responsible for organising the annual food festival in her home town of picturesque Porthmellow. As the time draws near, they all find their precious free time disappearing into thin air and when a calamity occurs in the shape of the biggest guest calling off, one of the team sorts out a replacement without realising she is facilitating the return of Sam's ex.
Emma Crowley
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
A Perfect Cornish Summer is the first in a new series from Phillipa Ashley and again as with previous books the setting is the coastal county of Cornwall more specifically the small town of Porthmellow. By now I have come to expect and look forward to the wonderful settings that Phillipa can create and Porthmellow delivers on all these fronts. The descriptions of the small streets packed with unique little shops and small houses nestled next to each other conjured up images of a close knit commu ...more
Jeanie
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Avon books and netgalley for an early copy in return for an honest review
Having read all of Phillipa Ashley books I was delighted to get an early copy
This book is set in Cornwall with idilic views and way of life this was a book that answered all of that a good storyline
The first couple of chapters very busy with lots of people and names after that it settled down and was a good 5 star read Can highly recommend this book to family and friends
Melinda Anders
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sam is head of a summer festival The main attraction of the festival bails. Chloe hires Sam's old boyfriend to fill in for the main billing. Gabe wants to start a new relationship with Sam. Then there is Chloe who is estranged from her daughter and grand daughter. Everyone will have a tense time trying to bring peace into their lives.
Phillipa Ashley brings her characters to live and we are at the window looking in.
Kelly
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uno-2019
I liked this book. The story and the setting is fabulous. There’s a some intrigue woven in and several storylines converging into a satisfying ending. It’s missing a bit of zing to elevate it above other chick lit reads but none the less a good read.
Felicia (felso)
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Nice summer get away. A story about family, friendship, community, and love!
Lesley
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and although I took a long time to read it (for me!), it was simply because of other pressures. Once I had time to just sit and read it, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Jo Shaw
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I requested this book, after a few weeks of being too ill to read (the horror!) I really was in need of something light-hearted and feel-good, and this sounded like it fit the bill to perfection. Even the book cover makes me think of just how much I love Cornwall, and how pretty it is. This book is the first book in the series, and it establishes the characters in this lovely little Cornish village. Here is the blurb:

Summer is on the horizon, and the people of Porthmellow are ea
Amanda
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been fan of Phillipa and her gorgeous books for a fair while now. I have read all of her books now and I can honestly say that I enjoyed each and every one of them. I eagerly devour each new book that she releases. This book sold itself to me from the synopsis alone and I couldn’t wait to dive in. Oh blimey oh riley I adored ‘A Perfect Cornish Summer’ but more about that in a bit.
What can I say about Sam Lovell? Well for starters, she is a young lady, who has had to grow up quick an
Jenn Webley
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed the book; admittedly it took me a bit to get fully into it but by half way through I was eager to see how everything worked out.

The book made me laugh, and I was smiling as I read through. It’s a feel good, romantic tale of lost love, lost relationships and how the past has to stay there and live in the now. The book explores how you need to move past the actions from long ago and go forwards in anyway you can.

At the centre of all things is the village hosting a food festi
Vanessa-Ann Dowsett
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Cornish seaside resort is putting a its annual food festival and is let down at short notice by the guest chef. A local lad made good steps in arranged by a relative newcomer to the resort who is on the organising committee. She is unaware of the history between the chef and the main organiser Sam and boy, history is an understatement. I love the variety of characters in this book from Sam and her sister to Chloe and her hidden history to the eccentric dog grooming parlour who dislikes the fes ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Vintage Summer
  • Poppy's Recipe for Life
  • A Summer to Remember
  • The Icing on the Cake (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus, Book 4)
  • Scones Away! (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus, Book 3)
  • Foxglove Farm
  • Hattie's Home for Broken Hearts
  • Secrets and Seashells at Rainbow Bay
  • The Mill on Magnolia Lane
  • A Home From Home
  • A Summer Escape and Strawberry Cake at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #2)
  • A Summer in Sicily
Phillipa Ashley is an award-winning author of 17 novels under three pen-names.

Her best selling new Cornish Cafe series is available in e book and paperback now.

The first in a brand new series - Christmas on the Little Cornish Isles: the Driftwood Inn was published on September 18th.

She also writes the Oxford Blue series as Pippa Croft.