Start by marking “Spark & Change” as Want to Read:
Spark & Change

Spark & Change

Frannie’s a low-powered fae library school student, Shirl’s a shifter and shy about it. They tumble into bed and into each other’s lives in this sweetly explicit paranormal romance novelette.
Published September 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Spark & Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spark & Change

Start your review of Spark & Change
lov2laf
I was looking for another light read and this certainly falls into the "cute" category. The premise is a sweet and burgeoning romance between two paranormal ladies: one is a fae and the other a werewolf.

The quality of writing is pretty solid and I liked the characters. Particularly, I liked Shirl's nonbinary roommate. The author did a good job of packing a lot into such a small amount of pages (about 50). I didn't think it was omg amazing but I liked the quirkiness of the story and ended up wis
Skye Kilaen
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute novella about Frannie, a fae library student whose magic makes colored lights (want!) and Shirl, a shifter pharmacy tech, who meet and fall for each other... then have to work out some snarls. (Not shifter snarls! Logistics and prioritization snarls.) I'm always looking for more F/F romance, and this one was adorable. Shirl is understandably nervous about Frannie's reaction to her shifting, given some of her previous relationship experiences. Frannie isn't as thoughtful as she should be as ...more
Tara
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Frannie and Shirl are SO cute together. It’s told in the first person from Frannie’s perspective, so we get more of her than Shirl, but because it’s only 50 pages long, we don’t get to know either of them particularly well (although what I saw, I liked a whole lot!). Their flirty banter is especially fabulous and had me smiling throughout.

Full review: https://www.thelesbianreview.com/spar...
Alexa
Do you want 50 pages of fluffiness with paranormal girlfriends, a supportive nonbinary roommate, a werewolf that's really like a big puppy, relatable studying-feels, and more? Then this book is for you.

I always love little hints in urban fantasy stories where paranormal beings are public about how society has adjusted to them. Having their paranormal status on their ID (and not even just the fact, but their species as well) is really invasive, and a detail that makes you think, but it wasn't rea
Cat M
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super-cute, low-stakes f/f romance between a fae library student and a shifter pharmacy tech. Jeffries does a wonderful job of describing that feeling of when you just click with someone and the giddiness of a new relationship. There’s a lot of worldbuilding and a really solid sense of place for such a short story, and I really appreciated that what narrative conflict there is comes quite believably out of that worldbuilding.
Salem Leonard
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Engaging Love Story

Love stories are typically not my favorite trope, much to much angsty. But this was just right. It's a sweet little quirky love story I felt very privileged to be allowed to partake in.

also faeries and shifters, what's not to love?

Yes please more lgbtqia love stories from actually lgbtqia authors.

This warmed my heart this morning, and I needed it.
Punk
Apr 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
March 2020: Currently available for free at Smashwords in the DRM-free format of your choice. It'll be free for the foreseeable future, according to the author. ...more
sofia
This was lovely!!!

This is actually a type of romance that I usually struggle to enjoy. It’s a short novelette, meaning it doesn’t have much time for depth or complexity, and it’s a very fluffy, straightforward story. There isn’t much plot and it’s minimal-conflict. This is a simple story of two women meeting, falling in love, and developing a relationship with each other. I usually prefer my romances to have much more complexity and angst to prevent me from being bored but I actually thoroughly
Miss Susan
Mar 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia
a fairy library student falls in love with a werewolf pharmacy tech. cute if a little slight, it was a pleasant way to pass 20 minutes

3 stars
Dannica Zulestin
So it's about two paranormal twenty-something gals who meet at the drug store where one of them works and embark on a relationship.
Seventy percent fluff and smut, thirty percent quiet angst about exes and stress and depression etc. Overall pretty cute. I like soft werewolves :)
Lilian
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable

It was really cute and sweet and I wished it was longer or part of a series. I didn't want the story to end.
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable!

This was an adorable and very queer little slice of life. Makes me wish shifter girlfriend were a real thing in the world. I loved it!
ainsley
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is utterly charming and I want so many more stories set in this universe. I especially loved all the shoutouts to Richmond and the reference to Dear Sugar and Captain Awkward.
M
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Supercute shifter f/f romance.
Alpacapanache
This was a super cute and super adorable. There was just enough tension to propel the plot forward without giving me any real anxiety about how it would end - what a wonderful comfort read.
Iona Sharma
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
This is so charming and I would love more in this universe.
S.A. Crow
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny! And adorable. And sexy in a playful, fun way.
Nancy
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: year-2019, romance
Aw, this is literal textbook adorbs.
Wart Hill
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought this was super cute but underdeveloped. I wish it had been longer and more in depth.
Alison
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet. Worth the read.
SA
Sheila
Sep 09, 2018
Mary
Oct 10, 2018

• Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • Shameless
  • Up on the Roof
  • Good Enough to Eat (The Vampire Diet Series, #1)
  • Interference
  • Surgeon: A Lesbian Medical Romance
  • One Week in the Library
  • Heart's Surrender
  • Endgame
  • Tapping into Love
  • Tangled Vows (Mistress, #1)
  • Are You Listening?
  • Flying First
  • Tokyo Tarareba Girls, Vol. 4
  • Any Old Diamonds (Lilywhite Boys #1)
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • Charon AU
  • Charon Docks at Daylight
Kellum Jeffries is a bisexual Southern librarian with a fabulous dog. She knits socks, gives excellent shoulder rubs, and can touch her nose with her tongue. She loves to write about all kinds of people (and fairies, and werewolves) finding themselves, finding love, and finding the nearest Waffle House.